Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shopper

I like that idea, because half the forum threads aren't even used. There like 5 years old.

Sparkly Nerd

Most def! BEGONE OLD THREADS!

Sparkling Dragon

18,890 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
siskataya

• Closing down TV Anime and Anime/Series/Movies forums and allow all anime discussion in the main forum.

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife

WHATT???!!!??

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and NO!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be a Gaian and to live in the world of Gaia today?

It used to be where we were with other people interested in anime. Gaia's avatar is based off of the basic anime design. Yet, over the years, we have had more and more people join gaia. It's great! New members join in and have their fun. We have our fun, ya know, welcoming them and helping them out when we can.

BUT!

As time went on...the website started to grow more and more popular. And it started to go into the younger generation. THose who love other things then anime. Some still liked anime, but not all of them. It started to get to the point where a lot of members do not watch anime.

Gaia offers anime for others to watch. Items are based off of anime. The gaia avatar is based off a basic anime design! Gaia eyes are widely anime ones and not carton eyes. They are basically anime eyes. Now, there are eyes that are cartoon but the numbers of anime eyes are far higher.

My basic answer: No, this should not be done and it should never be done. Anime discussion is ONLY Anime Discussion. It is not general as not everyone is interested in gaia. Not only that, animes varrrrrryyyy SO MUCH! There are SO many animes out there to talk about! So many anime movies to talk about! E--T--C!!

I may be the first post to point this out. But this should not occur. Anime is anime. It needs its own forum. It is its own subject. Thank you.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the forum structure is currently:
Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Anime/Manga/Comics » TV Anime
Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Anime/Manga/Comics » Anime Series & Movies

So, basically there is a Main Anime forum, and then subforums for stuff on TV in the US and one for stuff not on TV in the US. If I understand correctly, they are saying those two subforums are being merged into the main Anime forum. Not into Entertainment or another non-Anime forum.

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

Koda Crest
shiny ponkan
Please add a 1x1 Search sub-forum to Barton Town !

I'd like to add to this by asking for possible separate 1x1 and group search sub-forums. The OoC is full of random search threads. There is seriously absolutely no point in attempting to use the Out of Character threads as recruitment threads because search threads devour the front page.
I would like this too, please!

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

IRL Gaian

7,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Raine Dragon
siskataya

• Closing down TV Anime and Anime/Series/Movies forums and allow all anime discussion in the main forum.

RosesOfDeathYetFullOfLife

WHATT???!!!??

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and NO!

Do you have any idea how difficult it is to be a Gaian and to live in the world of Gaia today?

It used to be where we were with other people interested in anime. Gaia's avatar is based off of the basic anime design. Yet, over the years, we have had more and more people join gaia. It's great! New members join in and have their fun. We have our fun, ya know, welcoming them and helping them out when we can.

BUT!

As time went on...the website started to grow more and more popular. And it started to go into the younger generation. THose who love other things then anime. Some still liked anime, but not all of them. It started to get to the point where a lot of members do not watch anime.

Gaia offers anime for others to watch. Items are based off of anime. The gaia avatar is based off a basic anime design! Gaia eyes are widely anime ones and not carton eyes. They are basically anime eyes. Now, there are eyes that are cartoon but the numbers of anime eyes are far higher.

My basic answer: No, this should not be done and it should never be done. Anime discussion is ONLY Anime Discussion. It is not general as not everyone is interested in gaia. Not only that, animes varrrrrryyyy SO MUCH! There are SO many animes out there to talk about! So many anime movies to talk about! E--T--C!!

I may be the first post to point this out. But this should not occur. Anime is anime. It needs its own forum. It is its own subject. Thank you.

...Correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the forum structure is currently:
Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Anime/Manga/Comics » TV Anime
Gaia Forums » Entertainment » Anime/Manga/Comics » Anime Series & Movies

So, basically there is a Main Anime forum, and then subforums for stuff on TV in the US and one for stuff not on TV in the US. If I understand correctly, they are saying those two subforums are being merged into the main Anime forum. Not into Entertainment or another non-Anime forum.

No, they are saying combining it with general discussion.

If they're stating to combine both anime subforms to where it its own general chat...then they should have been more specific

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I’m loving these changes and can’t wait to see them put into action. I hope the anime player forum is one of the forums being removed,its just a cesspool in there of spam and low content threads.

Edit: Suggestions on the anime player forum for the cleanup .. it’d really be great if you all did something with it. Anime player forum thread.

Stellar Succubus

yisei
VVhip
yisei
why are the art shops moving to the picture post forum?
it makes more sense for them to be under the mini shops because each thread is technically a shop :S

i think art contests should be moved to the picture post forum and the rest should stay ):

To be honest, I can see the logic in putting it in the art related forums.

It makes sense to put like with like, as people will tend to say to themselves "I want some art"... "Where do I go to find art? The art forums, of course!".

People don't go "I want to buy art! I'll go to the shops forum and take a chance that they might be selling some art there, even though it doesn't specifically say on the main forum icon that they sell art!"

the art shops, formerly requests and commissions, has been under mini shops since '03. it doesn't make any sense to move them after 9 years ;/ generally everyone in the art community all know where to go and everyone who's not in the art community generally don't care much for buying or selling art

but it doesnt matter :p as Certifiably Psychopathic cleared up, the subforums aren't being "moved"

Given that I'm speaking from the experience of someone who spends a lot of time in the Q&A redirecting or seeing just such people who aren't in the art community but wish to buy art. I felt they were really sensible reasons.

People who artists might want as customers, but that struggle to find the forum because the logical leap for them is to go searching for art in the art forums and come to the Q&A when they're unsuccessful.

That was my main concern and why I suggested that it's a question of logic, really.

Fair enough though, if they're not planning on moving them, I assume shadowing the forum means they'll be double linking it, from both the art forum and where they reside now, correct?

That'd be handy if they do!

Phantom

Please add more mods in the metal forum. The forum is not being moderated at all and there is almost always off topic threads made and they happen to last for a couple of weeks.

I also forgot, the regulars in the metal forum are not friendly in the slightest way and end up harassing you for what you like and call you out for other things. I end up having to block people when I post there.

Romantic Werewolf

No please don't move the AF I'll never be able to find it! crying

Stellar Succubus

Certifiably Psychopathic
VVhip
Certifiably Psychopathic
Viscerotonic
Two ideas.

1: Merge the General Discussion and Chatterbox forums. They are practically the same forum these days, anyway. No point separating them.

2: Get rid of the 'Hot Topics' sections. It's really a waste of coding on the Gaia staff side, and people can deal with that one extra mouse click to get to a certain forum.
GD is full of crap that "DOES NOT BELONG" People who actually want to have a discussion, but don't want it to be as serious as they get in ED, shouldn't be punished by having the forum removed. It should be cleaned up and all the crap that never belonged in the first place is what needs to be cleaned out. Also its full of more hate and trolls than CB ever was, but hate and trolls who never belonged there.

Those people could have discussion in Heaven?

Or they could open up Extended Discussion to allow less deep topics? Though the ED is hardly that deep, to be honest.
Not everyone has access to the heaven forum. If you've gotten warnings(not 100% sure on that one) or a temp ban, or are relatively new to gaia then you can't enter it. and also I still believe its wrong to take such an active forum away from users. The majority of it is full of crap, but those are crap posts which don't belong there. There are still people who want to go there and have a discussion with other people and it'd be easier if it was cleaned up, cleaned up but still there for use.

If you've been banned at all the wait is 180 days. And 180 days from when you first join.

They should bring themselves into line or risk losing their forum, imo. They're active but they poop all over the rules.

But that's just my opinion.

Perhaps it would be good to have the light discussion forum as a sub of Extended Discussion and leave GD to it's own devices, contain the cancer, so to speak.

Amateur Noob

VVhip
Certifiably Psychopathic
VVhip
Certifiably Psychopathic
Viscerotonic
Two ideas.

1: Merge the General Discussion and Chatterbox forums. They are practically the same forum these days, anyway. No point separating them.

2: Get rid of the 'Hot Topics' sections. It's really a waste of coding on the Gaia staff side, and people can deal with that one extra mouse click to get to a certain forum.
GD is full of crap that "DOES NOT BELONG" People who actually want to have a discussion, but don't want it to be as serious as they get in ED, shouldn't be punished by having the forum removed. It should be cleaned up and all the crap that never belonged in the first place is what needs to be cleaned out. Also its full of more hate and trolls than CB ever was, but hate and trolls who never belonged there.

Those people could have discussion in Heaven?

Or they could open up Extended Discussion to allow less deep topics? Though the ED is hardly that deep, to be honest.
Not everyone has access to the heaven forum. If you've gotten warnings(not 100% sure on that one) or a temp ban, or are relatively new to gaia then you can't enter it. and also I still believe its wrong to take such an active forum away from users. The majority of it is full of crap, but those are crap posts which don't belong there. There are still people who want to go there and have a discussion with other people and it'd be easier if it was cleaned up, cleaned up but still there for use.

If you've been banned at all the wait is 180 days. And 180 days from when you first join.

They should bring themselves into line or risk losing their forum, imo. They're active but they poop all over the rules.

But that's just my opinion.

Perhaps it would be good to have the light discussion forum as a sub of Extended Discussion and leave GD to it's own devices, contain the cancer, so to speak.
I think it'd be a better idea to move every single thread there to the recycling bin(so it still exists if people need their actual important threads for reference and have links directing them there), and then start anew with moderating that cesspool.

Charitable Gaian

9,000 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
KingKentling

Why can't they add a code like every other site
for we can delete what we post, its that simple,
it shouldn't that hard to correct a code.
I'm not trying to be all bitchy but thats the one things that annoyes me
is to find so many threads from back in 06 that haven't had a replie, and
see like 24983943483098490384 pages of threads that aren't ever gonna get a replies
:/ I'm glad they are deleting threads, don't get me wrong, but still the forums will still
be messy. I don't want to lock mine up, I want mine to disappear forever. :/

medgirl711 rolled 17 100-sided dice: 40, 37, 80, 86, 46, 76, 97, 71, 24, 11, 5, 80, 6, 74, 52, 10, 44 Total: 839 (17-1700)

Original Genius

8,100 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Partygoer 500
gaia_star I am glad that the forums are gettign tidied up.
On a side note,it would be nice if someone would bravely wade through the "Bug Reports and Technical Support Forum"... Some people (myself included) have posted legit problems that have gone unanswered from mid-July and before, after having posted in other forums for assistance first and using the proper format. Even knowing that someone knows about the problem would be reassuring, even if it might be a little while before something was done about it.

Slightly off-topic, I know, but I am LOVING the new manga about Don Kuro's family!!! gaia_star

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff