Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sultana Vox
Pegasaurus Rex
I can't understand why some Paws are against this idea.
That's like saying Gaia should never convert human based items to Animal items because they're for humans, not animals. They seemed to be fine with the conversion.

When I first saw the Animal base, I thought it would be great for chibi avatars and was kinda sad it was fur only. I'm not really into dressing up animals, but tiny people? Especially in that bottle item?! I'm getting excited just thinking about it for some reason.

The Paw attitude is a little disconcerting to me. Not that all Paws act that way but it does feel like elitism, like Hassli said. Maybe it's because they get the shaft with items updates and free grant stuff, but I'm not sure.

If any one could explain it to me I'd appreciate it, because I just can't see why they wouldn't want to share.

Hello there!

Since you asked if anyone could explain why certain Paws are acting this way I thought I'd give you my take on the explanation being a Paw myself. (/'w')/

I personally think you and Hassli kind of hit the nail on the head.
Paws/Animal base users have gotten a little bitter when it comes to items sometimes since we're overlooked 95% of the time with free item grants ;w;'
This is made worse if the Human item grant seems to be something that would be fairly easy to convert ( such as the backgrounds and horns the Demon team won from the Last site event)

That, then paired with the fact that gold shop updates seem to mostly be either Human items only or Animal items only. ( which either way ends up in Human avi's upset that they weren't included or Paws upset that they weren't included)

Then topped off with the fact that most of the "good" Paw items are from the Cash shop which then leads to items being sold in the Market place which isn't so bad, until people ( Normally human avi users ;w;''' which is annoying, but not that I blame them I guess, I mean we all want to make gold but the prices hurt sometimes cat_gonk ) Start selling things for billions over the AMP and it just all ends up in Paws being bitter toward the fact that There are already hundreds if not thousands of Human items to choose from at a wide assortment of prices. While the Paws are "stuck" being either overlooked or having to pay some extreme prices for the items we do have available.

Now, I can be wrong, and this is, again, just my personal view on the situation, but All in all I think those are the main reasons why some Paws are coming off as a bit elitist.
But! Don't worry, if they do make Elf/Faerie base/skins for the Paw/Animal avi's, they won't be shunned, well, at least not forever. believe it or not, something like this also happened with the introduction of the Spider base, so in the end I'm sure everything will work out fine. cat_3nodding

Sorry if I bothered you with this, just wanted to help ;w;/ have a nice day/night!

Not to mention Gaia's penchant for dropped projects. One of my biggest concerns is that if they start doing more human-looking skins the focus is going to shift more and more that way and a lot of the animal ones (including freestanding ears/tails, animated or not, and stuff like the possibility of muzzles) we've been asking about for ages are going to fall by the wayside.

Stone-cold Loiterer

Sultana Vox

Hello there!

Since you asked if anyone could explain why certain Paws are acting this way I thought I'd give you my take on the explanation being a Paw myself. (/'w')/

I personally think you and Hassli kind of hit the nail on the head.
Paws/Animal base users have gotten a little bitter when it comes to items sometimes since we're overlooked 95% of the time with free item grants ;w;'
This is made worse if the Human item grant seems to be something that would be fairly easy to convert ( such as the backgrounds and horns the Demon team won from the Last site event)

That, then paired with the fact that gold shop updates seem to mostly be either Human items only or Animal items only. ( which either way ends up in Human avi's upset that they weren't included or Paws upset that they weren't included)

Then topped off with the fact that most of the "good" Paw items are from the Cash shop which then leads to items being sold in the Market place which isn't so bad, until people ( Normally human avi users ;w;''' which is annoying, but not that I blame them I guess, I mean we all want to make gold but the prices hurt sometimes cat_gonk ) Start selling things for billions over the AMP and it just all ends up in Paws being bitter toward the fact that There are already hundreds if not thousands of Human items to choose from at a wide assortment of prices. While the Paws are "stuck" being either overlooked or having to pay some extreme prices for the items we do have available.

Now, I can be wrong, and this is, again, just my personal view on the situation, but All in all I think those are the main reasons why some Paws are coming off as a bit elitist.
But! Don't worry, if they do make Elf/Faerie base/skins for the Paw/Animal avi's, they won't be shunned, well, at least not forever. believe it or not, something like this also happened with the introduction of the Spider base, so in the end I'm sure everything will work out fine. cat_3nodding

Sorry if I bothered you with this, just wanted to help ;w;/ have a nice day/night!

Thank you for that!
I can certainly understand why you're upset about being neglected. It's totally not cool for Gaia to hype up a new feature, get people excited, then pretty much forget about it or turn it into a cash grab.

I do think that adding a elf/fairy kind base would be good for Animals, though. If more people are using the base, I bet there would be a lot more updates. I know I'd use the base. Do you know how perfect that would be for Toon Link? gonk
But that's interesting to hear about the spider base. I don't know much about the Paw community, but I knew a lot of people liked the spider items. Strange there was a big to-do about it.

I hope I didn't sound rude by asking those questions. I was just genuinely curious and I really appreciate your answer.

Blessed Noob

Pegasaurus Rex
Thank you for that!
I can certainly understand why you're upset about being neglected. It's totally not cool for Gaia to hype up a new feature, get people excited, then pretty much forget about it or turn it into a cash grab.

I do think that adding a elf/fairy kind base would be good for Animals, though. If more people are using the base, I bet there would be a lot more updates. I know I'd use the base. Do you know how perfect that would be for Toon Link? gonk
But that's interesting to hear about the spider base. I don't know much about the Paw community, but I knew a lot of people liked the spider items. Strange there was a big to-do about it.

I hope I didn't sound rude by asking those questions. I was just genuinely curious and I really appreciate your answer.

No problem >w</

And oh, I quite agree with you! I myself am looking forward to the hopes of having a Elf/Faerie base, it'd be great and I do think more people would be interested in using it as well.
Oh my gosh, making a Toon link would be awesome emotion_kirakira

I gotta tell you thou, the Paw community is actually a pretty nice place, it's small but there are a lot of kind people there, I've been on Gaia for at least four years myself and it's the friendliest place I've personally seen.

And goodness no, you didn't sound rude at all! I just hoped I was able to give a lil insight >w</

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Been a little too torn up over zOMG to care... but... legal.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Just saw this month's MC.

I approve. emotion_dowant

Dangerous Stalker

Pie

Was thinking the same thing. I LOVE what you did with the skin!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Uze
Pie

Was thinking the same thing. I LOVE what you did with the skin!

Thanks, though I'm still playing with it.

Now we need it in more colors! Peach would be best, but I'll settle for a pink or a warm purple.

Youthful Pants

33,975 Points
  • Master Medic 150
  • Never Give Up 35
  • Cool Competitor 150
I didn't know you had a thread for this, Pie. :3 I totally support this.

I've dabbled in Paw avis, and occasionally will make one, but if I could be a tiny elf/pixie with long ears, that would be great. I'd probably use the smaller bases a lot more, since right now I don't really like to make avis with it... the ears stick out of funny places in hats/hair and it bothers me.

This month's MC is actually a great step towards that, and as soon as the site stops derping around I will try to create something around it. :3 I would love it to be recolored in every color of the rainbow, personally.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Those of the morphing community (human-otherwise/anamorphic) are also a bit uptight about this issue as well. It's not fair.

This month's MC I approve of, however! Now if I can get to open mine up and obtain the Paws item which, for some reason, is not showing up for me. There are things I wanna do with it!
@ poster above me: I am with you there! Many more colors!

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Nyadriel
Those of the morphing community (human-otherwise/anamorphic) are also a bit uptight about this issue as well. It's not fair.

This month's MC I approve of, however! Now if I can get to open mine up and obtain the Paws item which, for some reason, is not showing up for me. There are things I wanna do with it!

Still? I thought they fixed that.

The link is still there, there's just nothing in it. There's a very, very tiny sliver of pixels you can click on... or you can be like me, muck with the HTML using coding fairy magic, and put something clickable in there. razz

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Pie
Nyadriel

Still? I thought they fixed that.

The link is still there, there's just nothing in it. There's a very, very tiny sliver of pixels you can click on... or you can be like me, muck with the HTML using coding fairy magic, and put something clickable in there. razz

Me no savvy of such things. Thank you for that bit of info, however and will try that. And thank you for the gift. But that is not necessary. I will pass on your kindness and gift something to someone else when I find something when I find someone (did that recently too. LOL).

Tiny Alchemist

I've been wanting this since the animal bases came out. I doubt there would be a shift in focus from animals considering most of our items are human like anyway AND human bases have more animal tails/ears than we have furs.

What would probably happen would be an increased interest in the animal bases which would lead to more items for animals.

Little elf bases would certainly make things interesting for Christmas. We could finally look like real elftech.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Darksp
I've been wanting this since the animal bases came out. I doubt there would be a shift in focus from animals considering most of our items are human like anyway AND human bases have more animal tails/ears than we have furs.

What would probably happen would be an increased interest in the animal bases which would lead to more items for animals.

Little elf bases would certainly make things interesting for Christmas. We could finally look like real elftech.

Yes. For too long we've waited to be real ElfTechs. I really hope they release an ElfTech set for the holidays. crying

Hungry MolaMola

I don't mind elfs or human for paws, but only in the ideal situation that exists in my head. We already have devils, imps and such.

The problem is that once they start introducing humans, there would be a lack of focus on animals. We already have some hats and wigs that don't layer well with the ears of many paw bases. If they introduced humans, yes there will be a greater number of paw users--I think that's great! I'd love to see more people use this kind of a base. Now, with a greater number of human-chibi users, the team would definitely make items to cater towards the the larger chibi-human market instead of the smaller animal market.--similar to how there are tons of female items and few masculine items. This could result in:
1) less animal furs/bases being released as time passes by
2) more and more items that become incompatible with the ears of the animal-paws.

I'd love to see mini humans, but it would probably result in animals being neglected in the long run. I'd rather see a bunch of cool animals being released all the time.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

ELF SKINS

ELF SKINS

ELF SKINS

Now we just need ElfTech clothes.

But ELF SKIIINS

biggrin

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff