30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Neat idea!

Springtime Werewolf

Pie
Head Up Your Astronaut
what a cute idea! i know some may feel protective over the animalistic status of paws, but i don't see why not. 3nodding

i mean, there are tons of items to make the Human avatar base animalistic, i don't see a reason to keep paws furry (or scaly) exclusive. it would probably encourage paw usage, too, which smells like sales to gaia i am sure. lol

also, is it just me, or is there some kind of culture around paws usage developing? i've noticed quite strong attitudes towards paws users and it's rather perplexing, but i use a human base exclusively so i know very little about it. hmmm! question

I'm glad someone sees eye-to-eye with me on this. sweatdrop

It is actually a little disconcerting to me that people would be downvoting this idea not based on its own merits but simply because "Paws are not human".

Nevermind that these aren't human and there's precedent of these creatures having their own bases. An ElfTech skin would only be one degree closer to the human bases, and I think that's easy enough to overlook considering what a long history ElfTechs have had on the site...

And that I already posted a solution to make everyone happy:

Pie
If they really wanted to push the 'animals only, fools', they could give the sprite skins their own base selection in the avatar customization, let them wear Paws items, treat them as Humans for Paws contests and the forum. surprised

I just want cute tiny fairy bases, is that so wrong? emo
honestly, it's kind of funny to think of the human avatar base as 'human' rather than just 'mostly humanoid' - what with the variety of body dyes; body mods, ranging from horns to wings to tails and ears; there are some I Am items that completely turn the avatar into something else! but that's just me being an a** about semantics. wink

at any rate, turning paws into really super cartoony human-ish beings (like sprites and elves) would attract a LOT of new users to the paws base - i know i'd actually use it, because while i think their structure is very cute i just don't really like the aesthetic of being a dog with hair.

also, i would love to have an itty bitty base with comically oversized wings, which would look much cuter on a flesh-toned paw than the human base. whee maybe some day!

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
No, it defeats the purpose to be a paw to ask to be an elf or fairy. Paws are animals. Ask for them on their own not as part of paws.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

Finni
Pie
Items

Is there a limit on how humanoid the artists are willing to get with the Paws skins? Like, do you have a line, or is it "anything non-human goes"?

Personally, I'd love to see more of the little magic races -- elves, fairies, sprites, imps, goblins, brownies... and having an ElfTech skin would be amazing for the holidays, but apparently some others feel this might be cutting it too close to 'small human'. I'd like to know your take on it.
Little elves and fairies are definitely possible! I know we have a few artists who are dying to make little humans for the animal base.

This is now a thread for "DO EET".

Ask the Staff is good to me. emotion_c8

Angelic Healer

Pie
Finni
Pie
Items

Is there a limit on how humanoid the artists are willing to get with the Paws skins? Like, do you have a line, or is it "anything non-human goes"?

Personally, I'd love to see more of the little magic races -- elves, fairies, sprites, imps, goblins, brownies... and having an ElfTech skin would be amazing for the holidays, but apparently some others feel this might be cutting it too close to 'small human'. I'd like to know your take on it.
Little elves and fairies are definitely possible! I know we have a few artists who are dying to make little humans for the animal base.

This is now a thread for "DO EET".

Ask the Staff is good to me. emotion_c8
I was excited when I read that reply.

I hope we get fairies and ElfTechs whee

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
This is a cute idea and I fully support it. Nothing wrong with having more diversity on this site.

Magical Fairy

I don't even use paws, but I would love to see fairies and little elfs prancing around in this holiday season. heart
Frankly, I like this idea.
And for the People/Paws who are saying
"But Faeries and Elves aren't animals"
Well, that's true but they aren't human either.

In fact, most of the time Faeries are said to be able to talk with animals and are friends with them, there are stories and myths about faeries riding /corgies/ into battle, or flying on the back of birds, I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed.

And as for Elves, I mean come on >A> There are many types of elves that don't even /like/ humans Orothertypesofelvesforthatmatter,darnyousnootyHighelves

It just sounds like a fun idea, I saw bring on the pixies :U

Benevolent Duck

this would be super cute. i would actually use the Paw base if i could be a little elftech.

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
The paws hate is really weird. Racists. Trololololol

Blessed Noob

Hassli
The paws hate is really weird. Racists. Trololololol

Just letting you know not every Paw is aginst the idea ;w;
I myself would love to see Faeries and Elves running around!

Frankly It makes me a lil sad to see so many other Animal base users flat out dissing the idea just because Fae aren't "animals" ; ^;'

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
In some way non human tiny things live with the animals. There are pictures out there where fairies mount frogs to get around. (probably cause their tiny lil wings get tried every once in a while)

Think of it like the movie epic but just tiny elven fairy type creatures that live in our wilderness with us! The world is big out there and I'm sure its not just us paws out there.

That's just my logic on it.

Stone-cold Loiterer

I can't understand why some Paws are against this idea.
That's like saying Gaia should never convert human based items to Animal items because they're for humans, not animals. They seemed to be fine with the conversion.

When I first saw the Animal base, I thought it would be great for chibi avatars and was kinda sad it was fur only. I'm not really into dressing up animals, but tiny people? Especially in that bottle item?! I'm getting excited just thinking about it for some reason.

The Paw attitude is a little disconcerting to me. Not that all Paws act that way but it does feel like elitism, like Hassli said. Maybe it's because they get the shaft with item updates and free grant stuff, but I'm not sure.

If any one could explain it to me I'd appreciate it, because I just can't see why they wouldn't want to share.

Blessed Noob

Pegasaurus Rex
I can't understand why some Paws are against this idea.
That's like saying Gaia should never convert human based items to Animal items because they're for humans, not animals. They seemed to be fine with the conversion.

When I first saw the Animal base, I thought it would be great for chibi avatars and was kinda sad it was fur only. I'm not really into dressing up animals, but tiny people? Especially in that bottle item?! I'm getting excited just thinking about it for some reason.

The Paw attitude is a little disconcerting to me. Not that all Paws act that way but it does feel like elitism, like Hassli said. Maybe it's because they get the shaft with items updates and free grant stuff, but I'm not sure.

If any one could explain it to me I'd appreciate it, because I just can't see why they wouldn't want to share.

Hello there!

Since you asked if anyone could explain why certain Paws are acting this way I thought I'd give you my take on the explanation being a Paw myself. (/'w')/

I personally think you and Hassli kind of hit the nail on the head.
Paws/Animal base users have gotten a little bitter when it comes to items sometimes since we're overlooked 95% of the time with free item grants ;w;'
This is made worse if the Human item grant seems to be something that would be fairly easy to convert ( such as the backgrounds and horns the Demon team won from the Last site event)

That, then paired with the fact that gold shop updates seem to mostly be either Human items only or Animal items only. ( which either way ends up in Human avi's upset that they weren't included or Paws upset that they weren't included)

Then topped off with the fact that most of the "good" Paw items are from the Cash shop which then leads to items being sold in the Market place which isn't so bad, until people ( Normally human avi users ;w;''' which is annoying, but not that I blame them I guess, I mean we all want to make gold but the prices hurt sometimes cat_gonk ) Start selling things for billions over the AMP and it just all ends up in Paws being bitter toward the fact that There are already hundreds if not thousands of Human items to choose from at a wide assortment of prices. While the Paws are "stuck" being either overlooked or having to pay some extreme prices for the items we do have available.

Now, I can be wrong, and this is, again, just my personal view on the situation, but All in all I think those are the main reasons why some Paws are coming off as a bit elitist.
But! Don't worry, if they do make Elf/Faerie base/skins for the Paw/Animal avi's, they won't be shunned, well, at least not forever. believe it or not, something like this also happened with the introduction of the Spider base, so in the end I'm sure everything will work out fine. cat_3nodding

Sorry if I bothered you with this, just wanted to help ;w;/ have a nice day/night!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff