Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Please fix the clipping mask on the curse of the grey wizard, it used to work fine but then one day the b/w grainy effect started to appear on the whole avatar box.

Is one of my favorite items. I already posted on the avatar glitches thread, made a thread on the bugs and tech support forum, tried to look for the artist who made it to ask her/him for help and even made a thank you thread (and jumped of joy) when i thought that it was fixed but was just another bug in the dress up room.

Is there any other resource to appeal to ask for a glitch / bug to be fixed? neutral

BONUS:

This code on codepen lets desaturate an image using CSS, perhaps something similar could be used on all areas this animated item is static? like my gaia's profile, comments, ... and for mobile devices which doesn't support flash.

User Image

EDIT: Finni replied on the ATA regarding the issue: reply

Rich Mage

they'd rather focus on recolors than that!

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Mastey
they'd rather focus on recolors than that!

I don't lose hope neutral

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Loyal Exhibitionist

It's disappointing that the Curse of the Grey Wizard makes that annoying static background when it's animated. I can't look at my avatar for very long without having to rub my eyes since it hurts. If they could add a third pose to grayscale your avatar without the annoying static, I would be thrilled.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything will be done to it - the animated item was made before all the lay-offs (or voluntarily leaves) in the past when the new CEO took over, wasn't it? I'd imagine the artist that made it is gone.

Hopefully there will be another variation of the animated item in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Hasuki Aatisuto
It's disappointing that the Curse of the Grey Wizard makes that annoying static background when it's animated. I can't look at my avatar for very long without having to rub my eyes since it hurts. If they could add a third pose to grayscale your avatar without the annoying static, I would be thrilled.

Unfortunately, I don't think anything will be done to it - the animated item was made before all the lay-offs (or voluntarily leaves) in the past when the new CEO took over, wasn't it? I'd imagine the artist that made it is gone.

Hopefully there will be another variation of the animated item in the future, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

A third pose like that would be great, i don't mind the static noise but would fit better an old t.v theme.

I hope isn`t the case and the artist still works on gaia, the item started to glitch after the new CEO arrived (if my memory doesn't fail me) so i keep my hopes for it to be fixed, or better, improved to be an html5 item instead a flash one.

*crosses fingers*

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

O.G. Kitten

that's the reason I stopped using that item actually. I really hope it does go back to the way it was before, it was a nice way to make a matching black and white avatar without looking for only black and white items rofl

Loyal Exhibitionist

DarkFire Angel
that's the reason I stopped using that item actually. I really hope it does go back to the way it was before, it was a nice way to make a matching black and white avatar without looking for only black and white items rofl

Exactly. I could've just put on anything that would look good in black and white and use the animated item to actually "grayify" it.

But the static DOIFNSDOFISDNFSDI

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
DarkFire Angel

Yeah, so many items that fit a theme or complete an avatar, i love to match shapes to create different things but the amount of colours can be a mess XP

also, why to wait for a recolour of an unpopular item? >__<

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Winged Phantom

18,725 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Yes, I want to use this item, but it's so broken it's practically worthless. emotion_facepalm

Unholy Saint

29,690 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items