Welcome to Gaia! ::

((That's a very nice profile, Dark Seraphim. 3nodding We'd love to have you. I would let you work in a library, but I've already introduced a librarian NPC. (See "Nathan" on the first page.) If you wanted to work in the library, I guess it'd have to be part-time alongside him. Would that be fine?))
"I'll be outside, too," Tirellian declared, following Gideon's example and leaving Lily to the rest of her meal in peace."
The Hearkened One
((That's a very nice profile, Dark Seraphim. 3nodding We'd love to have you. I would let you work in a library, but I've already introduced a librarian NPC. (See "Nathan" on the first page.) If you wanted to work in the library, I guess it'd have to be part-time alongside him. Would that be fine?))

((*nods* Oh yes that will be just fine. smile Actually that is just perfect for my charrie. Thanks a bunch!))
((You're added to the front page. 3nodding Start wherever you like. The part so far (Me, Grayfox and Pilan) are just leaving a bar called The Star's Eye at night and going to investigate the source of the steam underground. You can just conveniently run into us and say you were about to do the same thing, or you can start elsewhere. Up to you. wink
Also, this is my steampunk story too, so we'll get the hang of it together.))
Lily nodded towards the pair as she went about finishing her dinner; soon leaving the saloon as she had promised around three to five minutes later. She had tipped the barmaid before she had left, but she was carrying what was left of her bread with her; she wasn't fast enough to finish eating it earlier. "...sorry for the wait," she'd say before taking another bite out of her bread, looking towards Gideon and Tirel.
((*bows* Awesome and thanks again!))

Alexander considered himself to be a rational young man. After all he did have a decent education, and even worked part time in the library. He liked books and considered himself to be something of a scholar. Of course that was second to being a mechanic. That was where his true passion lied after all. But all the same, Alex liked to think of himself as a rationally thinking young man when the situation called for it. It was how he had stayed alive for this long in a society that would condemn him. So all in all, unless it was building something or making another modification to his greatest project yet Alex was not one to give in to random flights of fancy or spontaneous decisions.

Until now.

The steam underground...up until recently Alex had dismissed it as some sort of rumor cooked up to get people riled up. Oh sure, he wasn't exactly happy with the way things were being run in the world but there wasn't much he could do about it as one person. But a steam underground? Pure rumor and wishful thinking. So then why was he out and about trying to check it out? Alex sighed and brushed some soot from his fine Victorian suit...or it would be fine if it wasn't rumpled and had a few soot stains on the sleeves and pants. He quickly brushed himself down, trousers, shirt, vest and jacket until he was sure he looked somewhat presentable. Smiling to himself, he continued down the street. Of course he failed to notice the goggles that still sat atop his head of messy dark blond hair. He did notice some people coming out of a nearby bar. Normally he didn't interact much with people, though they did seem strange.
Tirellian looked up and down the street. He acknowledged the passing scholarly gentleman with a bit of a nod.
"I suppose the first question ought to be, how do we get into the underground?" he asked his companions.
Alexander smiled brightly and nodded back politely. Though he was dressed a bit strangely, Alex wasn't really someone to judge a person on their appearance. Still smiling cheerfully, Alex turned away to continue his search. He wasn't exactly sure where to go, and had only rumors to go on. However as he passed the group he managed to catch a bit of their conversation, and when he heard the word 'underground' he couldn't help the small stumble. He quickly righted himself, honey brown eyes widening. Were they...were they looking for the underground too?

Dapper Spotter

"There are multiple methods, some more favorable than others. I would suggest we simply use one of the service entrances in the industrial district. It's how the workers get down into the tunnels to do maintenance. We'll have to be careful, however. I doubt they just let anyone down there." Gideon suggested once everyone had gathered.
(( sweatdrop Got distracted by a movie.))
"At this hour of the night, I can't imagine the security is that heavy," he speculated. "Would you lead the way?"
Lily sighs lightly. "...depends on how important it is, I would guess..." she replies to Tirel. "The more important, the more likely it's guarded."
Alexander turned back toward the trio of people. They didn't really notice him, being too involved in their conversation. But now Alex was sure that they were trying to find the underground too. What surprised him, was that they were being so open about it! What if they got caught? Hell, what if he got caught? He didn't want to imagine what the mages in charge would do if they found out what they were all doing. He could get in enough trouble just having all of his machines and gadgets. He fiddled with his favorite pocket watch, a gift from his mother. Nodding to himself, he approached the trio, speaking quietly.

"Um...excuse me...you are searching for the underground as well? Might you permit me to join you, in this mutual venture?" He asked nervously.
"..." Tirellian deferred to Gideon on this question. He couldn't really afford to split his pay three ways.
"Does that 'more the merrier' still stand, Doctor?"

Dapper Spotter

Dr. Gideon raised an eyebrow at the newcomer, although it would be quite hard to tell, and stepped forward. Everyone was interested in getting underground it seemed.
"I beg your pardon sir, but who might you be and what business do you have beneath the surface?" Gideon asked.

Friendly Explorer

7,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
((Finally, back into the fray!))

Name: John Chapman Jr.
Affiliation: Unaffiliated
Personality: An energetic young man in love with all types of chemicals and potions. He's friendly and his boyish inquisitiveness can get on people's nerves. He tends to state the obvious and asks stupid questions but in his opinion, no question is too stupid or to obvious to peruse.Optimistic and idealistic, maybe a bit cowardly, he's a nice enough guy to get to know.
Weapons/Magic Abilities: Bombs, acids, potions and poisons
Strengths: His weapons are of an explosive and corrosive nature, they are quite deadly.
Weaknesses: Limited ammo that must constantly be replenished. He also commonly misses as he is more of a scholar than a fighter. Will try to keep away until the last moments.
Background or Other Info: Born to a magical family, his parents were somewhat distraught at finding their son had low magical ability. They still provided and loved him in every way. John also loved his parents but never really cared for their snobbery over non-magical folk, after all, he could barely cast a spell to save his life.
After finishing his higher education, John decided to become a Chemic a.k.a. an Alchemist. A beautiful mix of magic and science, something which he felt should mix more often.
Appearance:
User Image
Proof that you read the rules: razz

((Yeah he's a bit like Jay. I thought a similar character would work here. But it looks like I came a bit late...Oh well.))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff