Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Inn Front tab tab Company / / Nadya tab tab Mood / / Calm tab tab Thoughts / / It’s a nice day.

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

Normal. It was a word that was steadily returning to Speranza. Despite what she’d said, after the fireworks show, Maryn counted the ballots and had informed Garnos that he was the new mayor. Votes had been split between the two of them, but she had an inn to run and Edgar’s shoes were never something she could fill. Someone young and inspired had to be the one to do it. Early in the morning she was the first to the town hall, leaving a new captain’s hat and congratulatory note card on Garnos’ desk. A welcoming present to his new position. On her trek back to the inn she loitered. The hot morning air bit to her skin, playing the introductory notes of summer. In a few days the composition would hit it’s climax. The blazing air from the desert just beyond the oasis’ borders would rolls into town with a gentle waft of sand.

The new growth and the lake would alleviate some of the intensity, but some things could never vanish completely. Where a tall, black-haired figure loomed amongst the trees in her peripheral the promise of summer and returning to a regular inn routine was a relief. A few guests had rolled into town for market day. They rose early and she had breakfast ready and waiting. By the time late afternoon rolled around she was starstruck by how average the day seemed. Edgar’s absence, her failed wedding and the invasion as well as Marcus’ absence seemed such distant worries.

The brunette found herself outside, fingers brushing sheets that had been hung to dry on a clothes line. Her formal attire was once again forgotten, replaced by a long skirt and a thin sleeved shirt. Fluffy tresses licked at her neck and shoulders, freshly washed and dried. Even without a kimono she was still a lady. Her entire shift in image was intentional. Her poise and class was meant to seem familiar while the look itself was a refreshing change. Just as the changes she had planned for the inn would not remove it’s underlying feel and serve only as a face lift.

Glancing over her shoulder, she smiled faintly in the direction of the inn doors. “Nadya~” Her voice chimed, breaking through the idle silence surrounding the inn and it’s lobby. When her inn manager peeked from the door, she beckoned her over. “Come, help me fold the sheets.” The hot day had dried them thoroughly and with dusk only an hour away, it was best to finish the folding and bring the sheets inside. Rain was more frequent and leaving laundry outside overnight a high risk for it.

Pulling the first sheet from the line carefully, she made certain to gather it so that the edges didn’t brush the dusty ground. Taking one set of corners in one hand, she offered the other set to Nadya. The white fabric billowed when Maryn waved it to straight it between the two of them. “Long ways twice and then directly in half.” As they worked, Maryn aimed to strike up idle conversation. “How have things been?”

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

Kathryn Anon

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

With his sister out of the hospital and off entertaining whatever twisted activities she was engaged in, Rando had found himself with far more free time to spend with his fresh lass. Temperance had gotten Emery’s seal of approval for being a easy looking spitfire. It had taken a while to quell the blonde’s anger at his absence during the invasion. The journey to Atlea hadn’t been an easy one, but he’d take it again any day over trying to win back a lady’s heart.

As excited as the former mobster had been for a regular date, Temperance was quick to set him to work. Her illness was acting up with the heat and she needed help around the flower shop. By the time late afternoon rolled around his sense of smell was overwhelmed and his brain numb. He’d never expected working with flowers to be, well, work. Sliding onto a stool, he chugged back half a glass of water. “Damn it’s getting hot.” The remaining half he poured over his head, droplets rolling off his damp hair and down his neck. It felt refreshing.

“Have you talked to Emery lately? Since she got out she’s been hanging out with some boy. But even weirder was all the crushed flowers in the upstairs hallway. Something musta gotten her in a mood.” Setting the glass aside, he rolled his shoulders to ease the ache and popped his back. “Guess it doesn’t really matter. She’ll do whatever the hell she pleases anyways. Forget I even mentioned it.”

A short break later and he rose again, crossing the room and brushing a few misplaced blonde locked behind Temperance’s ear. “We should just focus on us instead. I don’t have to take care of her in the hospital anymore so I’m free every evening now.” His lips played into a suave smirk. “Maybe I can grab some ingredients and come make dinner at your place.” He wasn’t ready to admit he only knew how to cook three dishes. Pretending he simply wanted to treat her to the finest foods won many more points.

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Flower Shop

Ҁompany Temperance

ɱood Happy

ϯhoughts Let's forget about her.

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
LOCATION:: inn xxxCOMPANY:: marynxxxPROFILExxxOUTFIT ↠ (warm weather)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OOC:

Nadya had slowly, but surely, been returning to her ‘self’. As the residual anxiety in the town from the occupation was quelled and smiles began to return to the faces of the other residents, Nadya too found herself easing into a rhythm of life. The festival from the day prior seemed to bring a peace over the town; like a cleansing, it was almost as if a shadow that had been hanging over the town had been put to rest. All they needed now was time to heal.

As it were, the job at the inn had been doing surprisingly good things for her. Initially it had been hard — it brought back painful memories of her life with her brother, tending the inn in Kudamono, but with Maryn’s stern gaze and eye for quality old habits were wiped over and replaced with new ones and Nadya came to look forward to a day away from work because she was often too busy to think back on her brother.

That was still a rather sore subject for her, though. Vivid nightmares of the night he was shot were still not unfrequent and some days she would simply be struck by a melancholy she could barely shake. Despite everything that she’d been through, she missed him dearly — and she had little doubt that the lonely feeling of having no family left was one that would not dissipate for a long, long time. But still… she had hope, now. Her conversation with her roommate the day prior coupled with old feelings being rekindled by what he’d said… she was going through the day with a very unfamiliar skip in her step. The bells around her one ankle softly chimed with every bounce of her step

She had been humming to herself half dancing with the broom as she swept out the lobby after a day of dusty foot traffic, when Maryn had called out to her. Quickly brushing the pile into the dustpan Nadya made her way to the door, discarding the dirt and sand back to where it belonged.
                                                              “Just one moment, Ms. Maryn!”

She quickly made her way out to Maryn, helping with the laundry with a small smile. She glanced up with some surprise, humming thoughtfully.
                                                              “Things have been… good, I think,” she noted quietly, thoughtful for a moment. “There are still a lot of things I need to work through, but I finally had a talk with Roi and thinks are going to be a lot less… tense, I suppose? I know where we both stand now, which is good. And…” she couldn’t hold back a shy smile, her face glowing subtly in a flush. “I have a date tonight, so that’s something to look forwards to.

“And how about you, Ms. Maryn? How have you been? Roi implied that the festival went so well.”
                                                              She offered the inn owner small, worried smile. “How are you holding up?”

Merlin The Mage

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxG O xx A H E A D xx A N D xx H A T E xx Y O U R xx N E I G H B O R
xxxxxgo ahead⋮❖ and cheat a friend do it in the ( name of heaven )
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxYOU CAN JUSTIFY IT IN THE END ! THERE WON'T BE ANY TRUMPETS BLOWING
xxxxxxxxxxx▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
xxxx♛》COME THE J.UDGEMENT DAY;
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx━━━━ x on x the x bloody x morning x after x one x tin x soldier x runs x away x ━━━━

User Image
                    Temperance was very glad the soldiers that had been occupying the town were gone, as she was sure many others were. She hadn’t done very well at sitting pretty during the occupation, her anger for what those horrible men had done to her town, to her neighbours, to her mayor making it impossible for her to remain idle. She’d gone through more medicine in that season than she probably had in the past year, the shifting temperatures coupled with the constant high stress doing horrible things for what had been improving help. Thankfully, now that they were gone, Temperance was finally beginning to feel better. Well, aside from the dark mark across the side of her face and the slight break in the skin on her swollen cheek where a soldier had decided to show her what her ‘cheeky nature’ would bring her. She had been stunned by the blow, at the time, pain blooming through her head; she’d nearly had an attack, as her breathing had caught in her throat and refused to budge. By the time the soldier, who had been furious for her disobedience, stormed off with the others, Temperance had managed to calm herself down long enough to regulate her breathing. Now she wore a square bandage over her cheek, hiding the tender but fading bruise and break in the skin.

Temperance sighed, pausing to push some of her loose hair out of her face with the back of her hand, pale and slender fingers freckled with moist soil from the young plant she’d been repotting. She greatly appreciated her boyfriends — her pale face flushed at the thought of that — help with everything; with the increasing heat and all the damage and work that was to be done in the early spring season, she wasn’t sure her, once again, improving health could handle the seasonal-start up to the shop. She watched Vincent out of the corner of her eyes, smiling as she watched him down the glass, wiping her fingers on her dirtied apron before moving towards the apartment door — sneaking away to move into the kitchen and set out a tray with two glasses, filled with ice, and a pitcher of semi-sweetened lemonade before carefully making her way back down the stairs. She approached him with a smile just as he turned to speak to her, smiling a little, but shaking her head.
                    “Crushed flowers?” Temperance murmured thoughtfully, tilting her head a little bit thoughtfully. Coupled with the ‘some boy’ comment she made a quiet sound of displeasure. “Those were hard to get ordered in on such short notice,” she complained quietly, pursing her lips a little bit. As he rolled his shoulders she slipped the tray down onto the counter next to him, slowly moving her hands up over his back soothingly rubbing his shoulders before leaning forwards to plant a light kiss in front of his ear. “No, I haven’t spoken with your sister lately. Should I invite her over for supper sometime, if you’re worried?” she made a bit of a face before smiling again, obviously amused. “I’m hoping that’s water, not sweat,” she teased, the moisture form his skin tingling against her lips.

She gave him another quick smile before drawing his attention towards the lemonade, moving back across the room to continue the re-potting of the various blooms. She became absorbed in the work and was surprised when his fingers moved some of the loose hair out of her face — she looked up towards him, smiling warmly as she leaned into his hand.
                    “That is a something I can agree with,” she noted, finishing the plant she was working with, gently pressing down the soil with her fingers before shifting the pot aside and brushing her fingers against her apron again. “That sounds like it would be wonderful; I’m pretty sure I cooked last time, right? Dressed up in the newest high style — hospital gown,” she teased, turning her face slightly to press a light kiss against his wrist before rising and moving closer towards him. “I’d really like that,” she noted thoughtfully. “If you’d like to go through my fridge, too, to see what I might already have. Will you be staying over?”

xxxxxx
                    xxxxxxxxxxx L.OCATION⋮ FLOWER SHOP xx C.OMPANY⋮ VINCENT (RANDO) xx A.TTIRE⋮ SPRING WORK
                    Merlin The Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Inn Front tab tab Company / / Nadya tab tab Mood / / Calm tab tab Thoughts / / It’s a nice day.

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

The mention of Roi brought a sour subject to the forefront of the inn owner’s mind. Ylaine had often hung around with Roi. She usually felt herself a good judge of character, but the murderous and calculating woman behind Ylaine’s memory loss was never something she’d expected. The pinkette had vanished after a few days of odd behavior and only appeared before Maryn again on the apparent side of the enemy soldiers. The inn proprietress was no fool though and she caught on quickly to the fact that her former manager’s constant insults about the townspeople’s competence was to keep them out of trouble. If the soldiers honestly believed that the residents were just that ‘slow’ or ‘stupid’ they’d be more willing to let some slip-ups go with a slap on the wrist.

Then there was the spectacle in front of the inn where Ylaine, though she called herself Emery, murdered the captain of the Osanna soldiers. The memory stirred a mixture of feelings with Maryn. She’d felt pleased that Edgar’s murderer had met a cruel demise, but she also was disgusted at herself for believing in such a petty revenge. Forcing an encouraging smile, she pushed the image of Nadya’s predecessor from thought. “Congratulations. I do hope I do not keep you too long. It would be no good to arrive late for such an event.”

When the conversation turned to her, she took the current sheet on the final fold from Nadya’s arms and added it to the pile. “I am quite all right. Do not forget, I am a good deal older than you. The days where I could let things like this keep me down for too long are far past. I am getting to be an old maid in my own right.” Unmarried and pushing thirty. Her mother would cringe. The prospective changes to the inn’s fundamental structure would deter criticisms over her personal life. “The festival did go well. I am lucky I did not get singed by any sparks.”

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

Kathryn Anon

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                              I've been shot up and ъeaten to no end.

I was a man to be ғeared even when I was a slacker.

Now I am only a ϯraitor that had a cause.

Only fragments remain of what I ѡished to protect.

Rando laughed at her pouting, tapping her on the nose. “Difficulty of the order won’t mean much to that girl. She’s pretty damn honest and upfront with stuff but when she doesn’t want to talk about something I can’t get a single read on her.” He’d come to terms with how she was, but that didn’t mean he was any closer to understanding some things about her. She’d shut him out completely when it came to the scrappy red head. Any time he tried to push the subject she dismissed him. The same went for talking about their pops or mom. There were just some things she wouldn’t talk about and the flowers was just going to be one of them. He leaned into her massage and shook his head. “Nah, I tried to mention it but she just said she’d clean up the mess and walked away. So that’s the end of it. It’d be a fresh hell trying to interrogate anything out of that one.”

A shiver crawled up his spine as her lips brushed against his ear. The spark of attraction he initially felt towards the blonde surged. Half of him wanted to grab her in an embrace and swear he could make her sweat. Resisting the rabid desire, he reached for a glass of lemonade. The liquid was far more refreshing than the water. He’d emptied the whole glad by the time he approached her and proposed dinner. Lucky for him, she was keen on the idea. Wrapping an arm around her middle, he nuzzled the top of her head.

“I would never rob your fridge. Even if it’s a bit of an extra walk I’ll bring my own ingredients. I have a specific dish in mind anyways. I mean, I make a hell of a bouillabaisse.” Seafood wasn’t a common ingredient in Speranza. And unfortunately, sea food was the only thing he knew how to make. Getting fish to freeze was a hell of a task and the bill he footed for it wasn’t anything to bat an eyelash at. Emery often teased him for his expensive tastes, but it wasn’t as if she could cook anything remarkable. Certainly nothing to wow a potential husband anyhow. She’d gotten better with lessons from the chef. Her meals were edible anyhow. But mashed potatoes, eggs and the few other things she could make weren’t the most palette dazzling dishes either.

He smirked. “Have I told you about the first time Emery cooked? That’s a good story. A real laugh.” He instantly regretted mentioning it. On top of having just said to forget about her for the time being, Emery would have the rest of his fingers if she found out he’d told anyone. Temperance and especially Roi whom he’d already shared the story with. Rando gulped. “Actually, maybe I’ll save that one for another time. If I open that can of works she might go spilling some of my embarrassing moments too.”

Kathryn Anon

ζocation Flower Shop

Ҁompany Temperance

ɱood Scared

ϯhoughts Let's forget about her.

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

The absolute worst part for Emery about losing the bet was the walking. Keeping up with Henri’s hobbling pace was like rolling three feet forward and two steps back constantly. She’d broken off their meeting under the explanation that she had some errands she had to go run before dinner. Her errands didn’t consist of trivial nonsense like daily shopping though. Instead, she needed to run and what better way to do that than by prompting a chase by a police officer.

Hunting down Adriane on her patrol was a fun start. Scouring the town for the ravenette as she walked around like a drone. Someone hadn’t recovered well. Jogging to come up beside her, she grinned at the woman, energy high. “It has been quite a while, cop lady.” She gave Adriane’s upper arm a squeeze to see if the lethargy from the hospital stay still lingered. Outrunning someone suffering from malnutrition wasn’t difficult enough. “I suppose it will do.”

She quickened her pace and moved in front of Adriane, opening her arms wide. “What do I have to do in order to get chased once through the town?” Emery pulled out a knife from a holster on her hip and dangled it between two fingers. “I need the exercise. Walking around leisurely all day doesn’t suit me.” She smirked. “Or maybe I could lie and say I would stab you and have you run from me. Both ways work.” She gripped the knife’s handle firmly and pointed it at Adriane. “I’d prefer not to lie though. If you just agreed for old time’s sake it would do us both some good.”

- MEMORIES_CHAINED -

ζocation Town Streets[Indent]
Ҁompany Adriane[Indent]
ɱood Antagonizing[Indent]
ϯhoughts C'mon~[Indent]

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image
Adriane Celia Hawkthorne "Thorne"〗 〖Ex. Lt. Colonel of the Atlea Military〗 〖"The Hawk" of Special Forces〗 〖Serving alongside: Sarge ll Emery
Currently stationed: Town Streets 〗 〖Feeling: Hollow

It was nice to see a semblance of normality returning to Speranza. A full season after the long invasion of the Osanna Military found the desert town recovered and standing strong once more. It was largely in thanks to the strength of the people of this place. They were just as unyielding as the harsh desert that surrounded them. Adriane took a small breath as she walked around, her feet raising small dust clouds in the dirt roads as she walked about on her patrol. The sheriff herself had recovered as well. She still bore scars form her torture and abuse at the hands of the Osanna soldiers after she'd been taken captive though it was the scars in her mind that were by far the worst. Adriane still blamed herself for the invasion of the town. If only she'd been in Speranza. If only she hadn't left. At least the threat of her father was finally put to rest, but the place she'd considered her home had been in danger and she hadn't been there in time to save it. If she'd been at full health... She could have done... something. Anything. Saved Edgar... The young woman knew that there were people in town that blamed her for his death. And she herself was among them.

Adriane had finally begun to open up before the invasion, but now she'd reverted back into her old self. Except it was worse. She was withdrawn and no longer spoke to anyone unless spoken to. She silently made her rounds and when she wasn't patrolling, she was holed away in the Jailhouse, doing busywork to keep herself active and to keep her mind from being able to think and torture herself with things she should have, could have done. Drea shook her head lightly, trying to force her thoughts away as she continued her aimless wandering about the town. Her mind was a million miles away and she hardly even noticed Emery until the woman was practically standing before her. "It's been quite a while, cop lady." Adriane blinked slowly, the light in her stormy eyes dim and the look in them hollow. She struggled to focus on Emery, feeling her lips beginning to pull down at the corners. "Emery." Drea said by way of greeting, her gaze flickering over the other female. They hadn't spoken much since being freed. But for a while, they'd been in the same hospital room to recover. As the other woman squeezed her upper arm, Drea's gaze narrowed slightly. She didn't like anyone touching her. Especially after what she'd endured.

"What do I have to do to get chased once through the town?" The question had Adriane arching a brow and she gave a small shrug. "Why not go find your brother and terrify him? I'm sure he'd run away at the sight of you waving that toothpick about." The ravenette didn't seem at all concerned by the knife that was held out to her. "And I definitely wouldn't run from you if you threatened to stab me. Don't get yourself thrown in jail. You were doing so well." Adriane's tone was laced with sarcasm. Emery was beginning to bring her out of her shell. The two woman had a very strange relationship. While Adriane didn't approve of the way Emery went about things, she was grateful to her for doing what she could to save the people of Speranza. She also regarded Emery as an equal in terms of prowess and the like. Plus, the banter back and forth kept her on her toes. It had helped keep her sane while being locked away in that hospital room for weeks on end. "Old times sake, huh?" Drea asked, looking over at the other. The faintest trace of a smile appeared on her face as she set a hand on the hilt of one of her swords, shifting her weight to one hip. "A chase between cop and crook? Boring. How about this? A race from here to the Town House. The loser has to buy the other a drink down at the tavern. For old time's sake." She echoed, the smile widening slightly. The hollow look to her had faded, at least for the time being.

Merlin The Mage
                                                      Is such crap. I sowwy.

User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

Adriane's reaction warranted a laugh. Amused, Emery returned the knife to her holster. "I beg to differ. He knows I'd never use something so distasteful to kill someone. Knives are for assassinations. That's far too deceitful for my taste." Crossing her arms, she considered Adriane's proposition. "While I wouldn't consider that much of a reward, I shall accept that challenge. Anything that lets me stretch my legs is fine with me." The pinkette walked up beside Adriane and face the direction of the town hall. "On your call." She deferred the starting of the small race to the sheriff. While it was surprising Adriane would pick a destination such as the town hall in light of what happened with Edgar, it showed that maybe the woman was starting to recover.

Emery stretched a bit and adjusted her posture to break into a sprint. When the word 'go' slipped from Adriane's mouth, she set running. It was a fabulous feeling really. Running without ducking behind each and every corner or slithering in the shadows. It felt good and straight forward. Being just a race she wasn't remotely concerned about winning either. When she reached the town hall, her gaze settled on Adriane. Upon being able (whether having to inch closer to her or wait for her to catch up), Emery took hold of the sheriff's wrist and pressed her hand to the wall of the building. "You win." She breathed heavily and smiled. "I can't very well break an obligation with a sheriff either." Henri would have to wait. He'd understand. Surely.

The walk to the tavern was mostly in silence. With Adriane's company, the thought of Roi completely skipped her mind. "So, how are things? That was a normal conversation starter right? Hopefully Adriane would do most of the talking because there wasn't much for the former mobster to share.

- MEMORIES_CHAINED -

ζocation Town Streets (Nearing Tavern)[Indent]
Ҁompany Adriane[Indent]
ɱood Happy[Indent]
ϯhoughts That felt good.[Indent]

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image

User Image

It had been an extremely busy day for Christine. Ever since Eyra decided to become a carpenter's apprentice, the farm had been temporarily placed in the rancher's ownership. On top of her normal duties at the ranch, she now had to oversee the crops everyday. She didn't want all of Eyra's hard work over the years to go to waste. The brunette had devoted all of her time in an attempt to keep Speranza's flora alive. Her dedication paid off by supplying the whole town with plentiful bounties of produce. Fortunately, the Harvest God's appearance had caused the town to blossom, literally, into a flourishing oasis of the desert. That was definitely a huge aid when it came to maintaining the farm's crops.

Christine and Matt had harvested what was ready and set up stands in town earlier. Today was the Market Festival for this season after all. The day passed by incredibly slow for the siblings though. There wasn't much of a turnout today. Although the weather for the day was very pleasant, the lack of traffic was more than likely due to the mayor's recent passing. As much as the town had suddenly improved, the morale of the people was a little dampened by the event. Not that the strawberry blonde wasn't affected. She just happened to have to keep a stiff upper lip during this tragic time. The days went on, and there were still responsibilities placed upon her shoulders. Especially right now since she was taking on the weight of two properties for the time being. Although she wouldn't like to admit it, if it weren't for her brother Matt and Roi, she wasn't sure if she could take on that workload alone.

Sitting under a tent, surrounded by produce, Christine quietly sighed. Only a handful of townspeople had browsed through. She wondered how Maryn was holding up right now. She had been incredibly close to the mayor through the years. After she had withdrawn from the group of friends, those two remained close. The one pro to the recent occupation of the town was the rekindling of Maryn and Christine's friendship. She forgot what it was like to have an actual friend; one who wasn't a family member that is.

"Hey." Matt nudged her arm gently. The gesture and comment snapped her out of her thoughts. "Mm..Yeah?" She turned to face her brother sitting next to her. "What's up?" He stretched and yawned, then leaned forward slightly, placing his forearms onto the tops of his legs. "Think we should close up? We haven't had much business today. I don't think we will for a while honestly." Christine sighed, "..Yeah..Prob'ly not. Let's get this to the store." After she stood, she stretched hard and then started to grab lids to crates. Matt cracked his neck and then followed suit. After all of the crates had been sealed again, they loaded them onto the trailer. Matt mounted Storm and left for the general store. Christine stayed behind to tear down the tent and packed everything up.

OOC
in case any of you wanted to interact with her. ;u;
Merlin The Mage

The musical Gerudo

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found by the library near Avery.

One of the more nuanced things about people were their schedules. Everything in town had a schedule. When it was open or closed. When it was asleep or awake. When it was busy and when it was mostly empty. For a being that could simply be present in all places while also not being, it was horribly inconvenient. He saw many interesting things that would consume his idle day, however he was far from decisive when it came to loitering and by the time he decided on a location to materialize, the timing was off. It wasn't as if he couldn't just materialize in a place after it closed, but many of the places were relatively useless in their closed state. Traversing time wasn't one of his skills either.

Doomed to an ever slower perception of time, the god had instead taken to manifesting by the lake at dawn each day and then wandering aimlessly until he decided to return to the church to idle. That day was no different. There were stands everywhere. A quick tug at a long time resident's memories revealed that it was a regular event. Once a season they had such a gathering. No danger seemed to linger, so focusing his energy in a particular location wasn't necessary. By evening time the deity found himself by the library, physical gaze directed towards the sky as his feet carried him forward.

These behaviors would be detrimental towards a normal person, but omnipresence made the god aware of the man leaving the library and his manifestation stopped just short, head craning down to direct his gaze towards the white-haired boy. "According to the memories of a particular woman, running into someone and knocking them over would count as an event grounded in romantic basis." His lips curled into a small frown.

"I do not have time for such frivolous concepts. Or I suppose I have all the time, but they bring me no amusement. A meaningless collision would only serve to bring you harm which would be an action directly removed from my purpose. So today or any day we shall not collide." Crossing his arms, he took in the boy's image. "You are an outsider." His inability to tap fully into the boy's memories was confirmation enough. The god's powers were limited to the desert town and accessing information that existed outside of it from his subjects was impossible.

What he did see brought minor cause for concern. A soldier. One he had failed to drive out? No, it had returned, but any ill intent had fade. Leaning forward a bit, the god's face drew close to Avery's. "One of them would say I am watching you, outsider. Until the day you are no longer such a thing." Eyra had once been an outside too, but she no longer was. He would have to consult someone for the knowledge of the length of time it was until one was no longer an outside. The examples he managed to pull from were far to erratic a map for the principle.

Even so, I am cautious.

Aerandir Anwarunya

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image
Adriane Celia Hawkthorne "Thorne"〗 〖Ex. Lt. Colonel of the Atlea Military〗 〖"The Hawk" of Special Forces〗 〖Serving alongside: Sarge ll Emery
Currently stationed: Tavern 〗 〖Feeling: Lighter, more at peace

"Truthfully, I'm not sure whether or not to be alarmed by your statement." Adriane replied with the beginnings of a smile. Light sparked in her otherwise empty eyes and she arched a brow. "Not like that toothpick would do much good, anyway. Shallow wounds, sure. Flash it about for show. But it would take far too long to really do any fatal damage with that thing." She gestured lazily to the knife which Emery had placed back in it's sheath before moving to shift her stance slightly. One of Adriane's hands absently went to rest on the hilt of her sword; nothing threatening. It was something that was comforting to her. As familiar as breathing. The young woman arched a brow slightly as she listened to the pinkette before her. When Emery agreed to the race, Adriane's small smile grew and became wider. "A free drink is a free drink." The ex-military stated with a small shrug. She didn't know about Emery, but she could definitely use something to burn away the chilling numbness that had settled in her chest following the events of Edgar's murder. As Emery moved to stand beside her, Drea shifted slightly, readying herself to begin running. On her call, then. There was a small pause as she shifted and her heel lifted, moving to the ball of her foot as she got ready to push off. "Go!" She gave the call and leapt forward. Her body had recovered slowly, but now she was back to her old strength. Even with her swords strapped to her hip, she seemed to fly across the ground, nothing more than a blur.

To her credit, Emery managed to almost keep up with her. Once the town hall was within her reach, Adriane slowed down, but the pinkette behind her put on a burst of speed and grabbed her wrist. Surprise flashed in the ravenette's stormy eyes before she felt the wall of the building slap against her hand. The woman focused on her breathing, managing to keep it calm and under control despite the exertion she'd just placed on her body. The rush of adrenaline from the run made her feel more alive than she had in quite a while. Drea tilted her head back, looking at the building of Town Hall, a small and sad smile playing on her lips now as her thoughts turned to Edgar. He'd been the first friend she'd made here. The first person she'd told about her family, because keeping it a secret could have posed a threat. He'd been a good man. A very good man. If only she'd had been here but... No. There was no point in dwelling on the past. "Rest easy, my friend." She murmured quietly, her hand pressed against the wall. After a moment, Emery's voice snapped her out of it and she turned to face the other, her hand sliding off the wall to fall to her side. "It looks like you owe me that drink." She gave a small chuckle before moving to stretch her arms over her head and tilt her head back to look up at the sky. 'Don't worry, Edgar. The people of this town are as tough as the land they live on. This place will thrive, I promise.' She thought to herself before falling in step with Emery as the woman began to walk.

The walk they were silent, but it wasn't anything that Adriane really minded. "So, how are things?" Emery's voice snapped her out of it and the ravenette turned her head to look at the other. "Things are... better." Drea stated slowly, her stormy eyes turning back to the evening sky as it was awash with fiery colors. "I'm better." She clarified, giving a small smile. "I'm never going to forgive myself for what happened. I'm always going to second guess and question if I could have made a difference. I'm always going to be berating myself for not being here when I should have..." The woman sighed lightly, giving a shake of her head. "I laid my own demons to rest, but even that came with a price. Everything comes with a price, and those who don't realize that are either stupid or incredibly naive." The young woman shrugged lightly before looking back over at Emery. "I'm better. But I'll never be the same. Still, that just means I have the chance to be more than I was before." Silence fell between them again before they reached the Tavern. Adriane held the door open for the pinkette, before stepping in after her. She walked over to the bar, taking a seat as she moved to roll up the sleeves of her jacket. New scars crisscrossed her arms, going all the way up and marring the creamy skin with lines of red. They weren't self inflected. These were momentos of her final battle with her father. "Hey, Silver!" She called out, looking about for the inky haired tavern owner. Upon seeing her cousin, Drea gave her a small smile. "A tumble of your best whiskey. Something hard." She ordered, giving a small sigh as she went to remove the swords from her waist and set them down beside her on the floor, leaning up against the counter.

Merlin The Mage

User Image

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
LOCATION:: inn xxxCOMPANY:: marynxxxPROFILExxxOUTFIT (events)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OOC:

Nadya smiled warmly, appreciating Maryn’s concern regarding her schedule. She continued to help with the laundry, plucking a pillowcase from the line and folding that as she scoffed at her boss’ comments on age.
                                                              “Miss Maryn, I don’t think you’re that much older than me,” she noted in a friendly, almost teasing tone. “I mean, I’m twenty-seven, and I hardly could be regarded as an ‘old maid’; you don’t look to be very old, so I highly doubt you could be either!”

She hummed quietly to herself as she continued with the chore, reflecting on that fact. Twenty-seven… she knew that only based on Mihai’s words. She remembered very clearly waking up, having nothing… no name, no memories, no family… just a boy with features like hers proclaiming that she was his younger sister, and his responsibility. Just a boy who liked to push her around and shout at her for doing things she didn’t know was wrong, who would insist late at night, huddling under a wagon to counter the weather, that he loved her more dearly than anybody else ever could… she remembered his anger at her confusion when he’d brought her a cake and said ‘happy twelfth birthday’ — she didn’t even know what a birthday was, just that the cake looked really yummy.

“I’m also glad that you weren’t injured!” Nadya agreed. “I’m sorry that I missed it, but I heard from Roi that it was very eventful. Unfortunately, I don’t do well around big bodies of water… I didn’t want to chance ruining such a carefully planned memorial with some kind of anxiety fit. I also never got an opportunity to get to know Mr. Weiss very well, so it seemed to be more fitting to let his friends grieve in private, if that… makes any sense.” She turned her attention back to the chores, now; eager to complete her tasks so that she could head home to prepare for the much awaited date.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Nadya returned from the inn early, thanks to Maryn’s generosity and her own hard work. Of course, early was only ‘10 minutes’ but hey, beggars can’t be choosers, right? She practically skipped into the house, the bells around her left ankle ringing with a light, staccato sound as she ran up the stairs. It was still hard to believe that Roi was suddenly open to this, especially considering the conversation they’d had before the festival… but she wasn’t about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Like most young women about to go on their first date ever, Nadya intended to make it count. At the very least, she wanted them both to have a lot of fun -- otherwise, what was the point?

She didn’t take as long as usual in the shower, frantically rubbing her usual scented oils into her skin and hair. Out, dry, clothes. Clothes. She stood in her room, wrapped in a towel wit her short, choppy hair sticking to her face, staring at the long rich emerald-green sash, trimmed with golden fabric. She remembered Mihai showing her how to properly put it on once when she was still young, at around the time when her present memories began, but she couldn’t help but wonder if she was really getting ahead of herself with this. Welp, she had an extra ten minutes anyways, right?

Unbeknownst to Nadya, as she struggled with her attire her date came home.  Slightly sweating from working over a stove all day and smelling like restaurant food, Roi hung up his apron as he entered the home and immediately made his way upstairs for a refreshing shower.  However, as he drew closer to his bedroom door, he could hear Nadya making rather agitated and frustrated sounds in her room.  

“Goddess damn this thing! Who in the world thought this was a good idea?!”

The redhead paused by his door, staring quizzically in the direction of the noise for a moment before moving to knock softly on her door.  ”Er… Nadya?  Ye awrite in there?”

“Uh, uh, I’m good!” she exclaimed, hearing his voice through the door, her own voice laced with embarrassment. Wups. She hadn’t heard him come in. Just, uh -- don’t worry about it! I’m fine!“”

”Er, awrite then.”  His footsteps outside led through his room and into the bathroom, where Nadya could hear the man preparing for a shower.

The battle with the dress was a long and arduous one, but finally Nadya managed to get it on, properly, in such a way that it wouldn’t unravel from around her after a few steps. Though, to be safe, she ‘cheated’ and subtly pinned the folds together. She could re-learn how to wear the damn thing properly later. This was not the night to be testing whether or not she was wrapping it right, or tightly enough. After fighting with her hair (too short to do much with, she realized), eventually pinning it up  and actually applying make-up for once, if you counted a sheen of vivid lipstick and some mascara and eyeliner as a real makeup job she slipped into a pair of sandals and finally made her way to the door. While she’d like to go barefoot, she understood that most public places didn’t exactly appreciate that preference. She paused at the door, taking a deep breath and letting it out to settle her nerves, and then walked out into the hallway. A smile tugged at her lips as she heard muffled rustling from his room, but she ninja’d moved quietly down the stairs without disturbing him, settling in one of the chairs in the kitchen to wait for him to be ready.

Merlin The Mage

rizutsuki's Bae

Fluffy Friend

User Image
User Image
ᏉᎬᏒᎽ ᎾᎽᏟᎬ
Librarian of Speranza and [redacted]

Avery looked up from his desk, grey eyes moving to the window above the library door. Judging by the tinges of orange on the edges of the clouds, nightfall was only a couple hours away. He had no clock around him, but it seemed a sure enough sign that it was a fair time to let his work sit until tomorrow. The man sighed, feeling his mind wander immediately away from something other than books. He had no problem with text, to be sure, but hours of staring at pages left him exhausted, like feeling sleepy after sleeping too long. Rubbing his eyelids, he rose to his feet to stretch, and excused himself from the desk, careful not to knock over or alter any of the piles he'd set up. He moved to a coathanger set up next to the entrance, grabbing a shabby brown shawl he had for himself, passing a glance over the singular room as he threw it over his shoulders. Tidy, short of a few piles of books he had himself placed on the floor, and empty, as it often seemed to be, his younger assistant having left in the hours previous. Aside from the start of a mess he was in the process of cleaning up, his only addition to the library was a chalkboard he'd set up on the wall nearest his desk, marked on two sides "By Author" and "By Title". Both sides were blank, prompting him to frown. "Perhaps tomorrow." Resigning himself to the evening, the librarian left the building.

The day seemed nicer than a glance out the window let on. The breeze was cool, the clouds were cumulus, and the scene of the sky was always welcome to him. He had always lived in a large capital, where you would have to be atop a building in order to have any kind of scene. While he was far from considering enjoying the country life over life in a city, it had it's moments, it's own charm. It was while he had this thought of the country's charm that the world seemed fit to send one of it's "charms" his way. A man, whom he simply assumed to be another passing stranger, paused in the middle of the stone walkway, his red eyes turning to the white haired librarian. There was a moment of silence, where the two men seemingly tried to read one another, before, "According to the memories of a particular woman, running into someone and knocking them over would count as an event grounded in romantic basis." Avery could only c**k his head to the side. 'Hello' to you too? It took him a moment to actually come up with any sort of a response, but the man continued talking before he could make it vocal. As the stranger went on, Avery's eyes narrowed at him. Until it dawned on him who this was.

The air around him was light, lighter than air was typically. He commanded presence, and it was his "presence" that he recognized most. The moment it felt familiar, a chill ran up his spine, and it didn't help ease him when the man leaned closer to him. "One of them would say I am watching you, outsider. Until the day you are no longer such a thing." The words made him shudder, and the words he was trying to find seemed somewhere distant. Avery inhaled, collecting himself. "I, um.. would say that I don't know who you are, but.. that I understand your concern, given recent events, and how new I am to Speranza.." He moved himself slowly out of the way between the magical figure and the library, trying to make the situation easier on himself, and turned back to the man. "But, I don't think that would be completely honest. And I don't think that I could..mislead you." If this man was exactly what he believed him to be, then he was unpredictable as the wind. He had never done much reading on the subject of "gods" or "spirits", but with so many different renditions and subjects, it was hardly an area worth researching. "I've no way of swaying you. If there's a reason for..," he raised a hand to the empty space between the two of them, "this, it's not a concern, assuredly."

━━━━━┓xxxxx
        Beyond nervous~Feeling xxxxxxx
        Library~Location xxxxxxxxx
        The Harvest God~Company xxxxxxxxxxx
        ━━━━━┛xxxxx

Merlin The Mage

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers