Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

Technique. Physical condition. All those words were just irritating. Such things mattered little in a real fight with real weapons. "I caution against trying to exasperate me, lest I forsake and agreement I made with my brother and shoot you in the face while you sleep." The only thing he had proved was she lacked an army of muscle to fight for her any longer. Her own assassinations had always been of men and women who had gotten too comfortable. Too fat off their successes. Too greedy. Sniveling fools really. She hadn't had a need for more strength. Those people were easy to kill. But her new plan didn't lend itself to slow assassinations. She needed a quick and sweeping victory and even training herself wouldn't grant that.

Her mind churned as she considered her options. There were other tools she had at her disposal. She was still a young woman, though scarred, she could easily gain a benefactor with influence. It wouldn't be honest. Heavens no, but what had honesty ever gotten her? Betrayed. Not once. Not twice. Not even three times. But four. Four distinct and very hurtful instances of betrayal for every ounce of goodwill and work she'd done. "Considering this, what good would it do me to waste precious time training when I could just return and shoot you? Training isn't going to get me what I need." The red head filtered back to the forefront of her mind and she ground her teeth, pulling the knife and throwing it into one of the dummies. Her eyes flared again, returning to the animalistic expression she had when she'd came in before quickly settling back to a cool and calculating look.

"Ah, but I suppose I promised that idiot that I would execute this futility for a week. So, I suppose that gives you a week to try and teach me something useful. And if you manage, I won't kill you." She smiled happily, finding her offer most gracious. This was all Henri had wanted, for her to consider killing again. Would she have an ally there? No. He was too much a loose cannon. Considering his introduction, she could only smirk. "I am Emery, Emery Galante." She would spread the name of her former mob once again. Conquer surrounding lands. Expand everything into Speranza. Then, she would be keeping her promise to one of her own. She wouldn't be leaving the town, but she'd still be able to find the traitor and execute them.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

RizenRivaldi

ζocation Dojo[Indent]
Ҁompany Silas[Indent]
ɱood Disinterested[Indent]
ϯhoughts ....[Indent]

Roamer

32,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
User Image

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Odette Des Jardins xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Baker of Speranza Town

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Now this is where you find out what you´re made of
The hero in your heart . will never leave your side
Locked within right until that moment you give up

User Image
║█ ↘↘ ⊰location:Bakery⊱ x ⊰Mood:content⊱ x⊰company: Pets⊱ x ⊰Fit:01x⊰Theme:N/A

5 AM to 6 AM

The sun was just beginning to rise and greet the new day and yet someone was not so ready, Yet she had to rise to greet that day even though Odette had decided it was time to catch up on her beauty sleep. Not that she needed any, but it was good to splurge a little and sleep in. But the cards did not favor her. With the sound of nails scratching the floor she soon felt the weight of a red fur ball jumping and yelping for her to wake up. A hand blindly shot out to try and figure out whom was doing this and it met a wet nose and an equally wet tongue. " Loki!" Was the muffled groan as Odette sat up and was shortly greeted with slobbering from the Shiba Inu. " Down!" She softly commanded and Loki jumped off the bed and sat, tail wagging before he jumped up to greet someone different. A tiny ball of fluff was soon mewing in his wake and little Thor pawed at Loki's nose before nestling back into the warmth. Odette sighed and reach down to pat Thor and briefly pick him up to make her bed before setting him down again. With the all knowing sigh of silence she crept from the bedroom and into the kitchen with Loki following silently behind. It was still dark out and she had only an hour to herself before opening up the shop. Loki, needing to do his buisness; walked through the doggie door and the stairs to yet another doggie door that led to the small,fenced, backyard Odette kept behind the shop for Loki's personal use.

It was small, only an eighth to a tenth of an acre for him but it was his playground. It was complete with dog toys and a lovely dog house with a tiny water trough for himself. Heck there was even a kitten house for Thor. With his buisness done he scurried back on up to get breakfast. Odette had cooked herself a hearty breakfast and already had Loki's out and he was soon scarfing the food down with joy. Thor had decided to waddle on over and get his morning breakfast of kitten food Odette had laid out for him while she herself ate. breakfast was finished and Odette was rushing to get a shower in and dressed with only forty five minutes to spare. Which somehow she managed to pull off. Her hair was pulled back in a bun to keep her infamous waves in tact and she was walking down the stairs to the shop. It was now five fifty eight and Odette changed the sign from closed to open and then began her usual routine of checking to make sure things were tidy and clean. Which also included the kitchen. " Alrighty, let us get started" Odette said while pulling out pots and pans.

9 AM to 10 AM

The day was rather slow and people were going about their buisness, Odette was sitting on the corner couch, petting little Thor while he slept on his little bed. Loki was out back running around like the duracell bunny he is. How she ended up with a Shiba Inu, Odette never figured it out but with that smile and those eyes she could not resist him. She had sold some cookies and donuts. Cake was usually served around lunch with ice cream being sold only on hot days. Today however, looked like it would rain in the afternoon just by looking at the ominous clouds gathering in the distance. " Lovely" Odette sighed while drinking a cup of chamolie tea for herself. It was always soothing and calming for her at least. At long last, Loki finally bounded in, tail wagging and all straight up to the couch and merely sat there. She always wondered, where the hell do Shiba Inu's get their energy and could they loan her some? Cause she sure as hell needed it to make it through monday alive.

User Image User Image User Image

Friendly Friend

User Image

Garnos Sparrow

└─────────────────────┘

Since coming to mayorship, Garnos’ life had become considerably more busy… and -- he glanced over at the pink-haired man working at Garnos’ old secretary desk -- considerably more awkward. While the young father worked hard, caught on quickly, and didn’t make too much noise, there was a distinct difference in the relationship between the two young men. Their greetings in the morning were brief and they were almost eager to busy themselves with their work if it meant avoiding idle chitchat with each other. Garnos had a lot on his plate to deal with what with an entire town to rebuild, though he seemed to avoid bringing paperwork for Anthony to file if he could help it. As the days passed, the stacks of paper grew higher and higher on his desk, which served to form another barrier between the two.

Anthony had been doing his best to adjust to the new working environment. As opposed to being out on his feet all day, he was stuck at a desk. As opposed to friendly greetings and warm conversations, the discomfort was so thick in the air you could probably have sliced it and put it on a plate, and served it for dinner. While he tried to take on work wherever available, he wasn’t blind to the amount that Garnos took on to himself; he wasn’t oblivious to the physical and emotional walls his old friend was putting up between them. He just had no idea how to breach the subject… let alone the gap. As was such, the hours in the town hall between the two seemed to stretch into eternity, the silence at times nearly deafening.

This morning apparently was no different from any of the other mornings. Garnos snuck a glance here and there over his pile of papers at his secretary -- it felt very odd to think that Anthony now belonged to him in a sense, and this thought was proving to be rather difficult to adjust to. Would Garnos have preferred a different person for the position? Maryn seemed to take up the responsibilities and work quickly and naturally, but she could not stick around forever; she had her own business to run and manage. Despite how apparently beloved the previous mayor was, no one else in town was nearly as close to Edgar as Anthony was. Having worked previously in the town hall as the mailman and thus exposed to the workflow, the pink-haired man was a natural next-best pick, and perhaps the only next pick, for a replacement secretary.

Suppressing yet another yawn, Garnos rubbed at his tired eyes and struggled to focus on the blocks of small, printed words in front of him. Each day felt longer and longer as his pile of work steadily grew higher, yet he couldn’t quite find it in himself to approach Anthony for assistance. The young man’s brown, tousle-haired head slowly drooped to rest against the wood of his desk as he was finding it more and more difficult to keep his eyes open. Edgar probably would have been disapproving of his first mate -- “Yer takin’ on too much work, mate! What’s wrong with yer secretary? Look at ye, workin’ yerself into the ground!”

But imaginary Edgar didn’t understand. In Speranza’s darkest hour, even after witnessing the mayor’s brutal, pointless execution, Anthony had the gall to turn his back on them all. It was hardly a secret among the townsfolk that the pink-haired man was chatting up and getting real friendly with the Osanna soldiers, and in time he was wooing them in giving him special benefits such as being able to return to the comfort of his home rather than an over-packed inn. He claimed repeatedly that it was to keep his little girls safe, but one only had to take a single look at Cleo’s eyes to know that even his precious daughter did not approve of his actions, nor did she appreciate being used as a scapegoat. Garnos’ eyes fluttered, but he couldn’t quite get them open again. Maybe… maybe he would just rest. Just for a little bit.

Within the minute the young man was out cold, snoozing with his face plastered against the documents strewn about his desk.

Company: Anthony
    Feeling: Exhausted, conflicted, bitter

Kathryn Anon

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Row House (ZAMIA) >> Bakery (CEREUS)[indent]Company : Eyra >> Odette[indent]

It would appear that Ethne had hit the gold mine with subjects to research this time. Not only had she found a person boasting magic prowess who was actually willing to stop and converse with her about it, but another being of magic -- a god had emerged right in front of her, and the entire town was teeming with unnatural green plantlife. To add icing on top of it all, this figure was no more shy than the black-winged man with his kite; rather he seemed all too eager to entertain her questions and demonstrate what he was capable of. These findings was enough to keep her up late at night scribbling frantically away in her book as she recorded everything she could, and her excitement to discover more rose her out of bed early the following morning.

Still, it was important that every researcher approach new material objectively, critically think them through, and question everything. As was such, even with his openly elaborate displays Ethne was slow to accept the dark-haired man as a deity. What if she published her findings based on such a foundation only to find out later he was just a farce? How humiliating that would be! Ethne would never hear the end of it from her dwindling pool of peers, and her name would be tarnished for the rest of her natural lifetime. The thought was enough to send shivers down her spine as she prepped herself in front of the bathroom mirror for the day.

No, she would not allow herself to hop aboard the boat of belief with this person… not yet. Ethne, having finished brushing each dark strand of her hair in their proper place, adjusted the collar of her shirt before throwing on a dark, thin vest. Besides, as far as she was concerned, he was no more than a powerful magician turned self-proclaimed god -- he was surprisingly limited to the laws of the natural world for being someone of a higher power. Perhaps she was judging too harshly of the man too soon, but this thought did not concern her. The metal of a revolver glinted on the ravenette’s hip before it was concealed under the loose folds of her top and vest, and she walked out the door with plain black umbrella in hand and bag slung over a shoulder. This ‘god’ would have plenty of time to prove himself to her; as the situation currently stood, Ethne wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

Closing and locking her room’s door behind her, Ethne glanced down the hallway to see a familiar brunette standing just a few paces away. Since asking the farmer girl about Swallow, relations between the two women were… strained, at best, and Eyra seemed to avoid Ethne like the plague whenever possible. Even now her anxiety at being confronted so unexpectedly was stamped all over her soft features, and Ethne couldn’t decide if she should pity the girl or be amused by her attempts at innocent conversation. Settling on keeping her impassive expression instead, her dark eyes wandering predictably from Eyra’s face to her hands as she mentioned splinters.

”I heard that potatoes can help with splinter removal,” she offered simply in reply. This sort of information would be something the brunette's would appreciate, right? In the few times that the two women had talked, it seemed that all there was to discuss was the farm, its crops, and plants. As Eyra began scrutinizing her face, Ethne raised an eyebrow in a questioning manner, but did not comment. Perhaps it was a good thing that Swallow had been so open about his magic to her; this woman was hopeless at being unobtrusive about it.

As amusing as it was to "play" along with Eyra, there was much work to be done that was far more interesting than a bumbling farm girl. Even with that said, she found herself unable to part ways then and there without a subtle, playful dig: ”... Though I would be hard pressed to believe that your fiance couldn’t help more than a tuberous crop. Excuse me.” Nodding towards Eyra, Ethne swept past the brunette to head out the row house and into the sweltering outdoors.

Once outside, Ethne paused to pop open her umbrella open against the possibility of a sunburn despite the cloud cover before continuing her brisk pace towards the bakery. First order of business for the day: breakfast. After that: a trip the library to wait out the blistering heat in its cool interior. When the weather cooled down, she would be more comfortable to run around after people and investigate Speranza further. The click-clack of Ethne’s flats against the stone-paved roads punctuated her arrival in Cereus District, the sound echoing against the lonely little buildings that made up Speranza. As she walked, Ethne’s gaze wandered over the flowers that overflowed planters and pots along the storefronts, and she marveled at how dry and arid the place had been when she first arrived. With any luck, maybe even Swallow would be available later that day; it was so refreshing to have a willing subject to question, even if he enjoyed exasperating her from time to time with his riddles and vague answers.

A jingling bell at the door announced the dark-haired woman’s entry into the bakery, and as she stowed her umbrella her dark eyes sought out the blonde sitting in the corner. ”Morning,” she greeted, stepping slowly forward to the counter to examine the treats on display. While Odette visited the library constantly, Ethne was not a frequenter of the bakery. Cookies, donuts, cakes. Hmmm. ”What do you have for breakfast foods today?”

Luthien Tinvuiel

Merlin the Mage

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image

User Image

Christine wiped the light sweat that had developed on her forehead with the back of her arm. The extra work was definitely taking a toll on her. There were bags forming under her eyes and her family was really worrying for her. She only had a couple chores left on the ranch. Milk the cows and collect the eggs before she had to head over to the farm. Just the thought of the work was exhausting. At least Matt was helping. It would probably kill the young rancher if she had to do it all alone. Roi had given assistance in the evenings too. He was gone now though... She pushed those thoughts from her mind immediately. The strawberry blonde was still heartbroken over her first love.

Milking was what took longest out of the collection of goods on the ranch. At least these last tasks on the ranch offered a little bit of relaxation of sorts. Christine sighed and thought to herself as she grabbed a nearby basket. I'm just dyin' right now. I wish we could find a new farmer soon so I won't be overworked anymore. Then her thoughts turned wishful. Oh Harvest God, please let me survive this... She didn't consider it praying, since she didn't grow up heavily religious. But it must have come off that way, for the Harvest God himself appeared.

”You mortals must attend to things in a very impractical way. Even the crops. You manually water them and preen them. It is all too amusing.”

The comment startled her and she nearly dropped the basket. She cleared her throat and greeted the recently "discovered" magical being. Although, she had been expecting a goddess for Speranza's local deity. That's what everyone was raised to believe at least. Maybe there was a Harvest Goddess too? She didn't care to ask though. It wasn't the most important thing on her mind at the moment.

"Oh, um, hello..um, Harvest God?" Christine wasn't sure what she should address him as. "Believe me, if I could just wave my hand to do all'uv my work, I would." She sighed in exasperation. "Yer lucky to be able to just poof yourself anywhere ya like an' do anythin' too." The last statement came out quieter than the rest of what she was saying, practically talking to herself. She wondered if there were any downsides to having magical abilities. The God stayed near her after she finished talking, so she took it that he was interested in, well, monitoring her. Whatever the case, she turned and walked to her next destination: the chicken coop. The rancher could hear his footsteps behind her and continued on. After arriving, he immediately asked a question about the feathered beasts.

”What manner of creature is this?” Before Christine could answer, he seemed to have arrived at the answer on his own. ”A chicken. It looks quite dim.” He followed up with an apology right after. ”Ah, that may have been rude of me. It was brought to my attention that I should give others the time to answer rather than obtaining it through my methods after asking.”

"Oh no no, it's okay. But, yeah. These are chickens..." She chuckled at his commentary of their intelligence. "They're not exactly known for their brain power."

”So what purpose does this blank-faced, feathered beast serve?”

"We can get two different forms of edibles from them." The strawberry blonde reached down and lifted an egg up to show the God. "Like this, for instance. Eggs are really good for ya too!" The smile she had donned turned to a neutral state again. "The other is..itself." She wasn't particularly fond of that part. Handling the chicken after slaughter didn't bother her. The actual act did. She left that to her brother. He seemed like it didn't bother him. At least on the outside. She cleared her throat. "So, uh, ya have any other questions?" She tried to put on a smile once again to change the mood back to a lighter one.

OOC
sorry i took FOREVER to respond. x_x
Merlin The Mage

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra gawked. She knew. Ethne knew. The former farm hand froze and by the time she came around to react, Ethne was gone. Eyra's eyes bubbled over and she began bawling. The only thing she could do to portect Swallow's secret now was to kill the ravenette. And Eyra was no killer. Knocking roughly on Swallow's door, she choked back a sob, sniffing loudly when the door opened. "T-the black-haired girl," She sniffed again. "S-SHE KNOWS!" Eyra sobbed loudly again, fists clenched by her thighs. "I'm no ki-ki-killer!" She brought one arm up and wiped one side of her face, large tears still rolling down her cheeks. Surely Swallow would be mad that soemone knew his secret. Surely it was her fault, for being too clumsy and akward. And he'd never want to see her again and he'd be even angrier that she didn't have the courage to sovle her slip up.

Trying to fight back her sobs once more, she broguth her other hand up as well to wipe the other side of her face. She couldn't remember the last time she'd cried so hard. Even over Edgar's death she had only sniffled silently and tried to stay upbeat. It's what the mayor woulda wanted. No. The last time she'd made her cheeks sopping wet with croocodile tears was when she was just a small girl, wailing over a scrape. She remembered her mom's gentle touch wiping her tears for her. If her gut hadn't sand from misery at her other thoughts she might've been able to muster a small laugh thinking of it.

The salty water that composed her tears stung at the splinters she'd mentioned. Still, she stood on her own, afraid to even seen comfort in Swallow's embrace. She'd been such a failure. Her new life's goal had been to keep his secret safe and it wasn't.

“- MEMORIES_CHAINED -”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Row House [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Swallow [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Agonized [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / I can't bring myself to do it. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Roamer

32,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Master Slayer 200
User Image

Baker of Speranza Town

User Image
║█ ↘↘ ⊰location:Bakery⊱ x ⊰Mood:content⊱ x⊰company: Pets⊱ x ⊰Fit:01x⊰Theme:N/A

Odette had been drinking away at the tea until she ran out. Looking down at the little fur ball, she knew he would not be going anywhere and got up to put the tea cup away with the rest of the set. Odette placed the fine china in the cabinet and locked it before returning downstairs to lounge on the corner couch. Though hearing the familiar ring of the bell, Odette turned her eyes to the door to see Ethne there. Odd, the woman rarely ventured out to say hello since she was practically married to her research. " Morning to you as well" Odette replied with a rather smooth and melodic tone. She stood up and went behind the counter and over to the bread part of the bakery when asked what she had for breakfast items. Everything from gourment bread to small deli sandwiches were on display and kept at a refrigerated tempature. " We have sandwiches, crescent rolls and Crepes." Odette motioned to each item. The crepes were kept seperate and heated so they were still delicious and warm. items that would go with it were indeed an extra few cents but they made the crepes taste delicious. Yet Odette found it odd someone wanted breakfast here when they could go to the cafe and get a good breakfast. Hers were more on the go but still healthy since all the items were fresh from the farms.

Loki by now was behind the counter and he briefly poked his head up with his paws on the counter and barked a greeting to the strange woman. Odette looked down and tapped his nose with a gentle but firm touch and he hopped down while she grabbed a rag and cleaned the area. Her dog loved greeting people, especially little children whom loved to be kept entertained by him. " he's happy to see someone else other than me and Thor for a change" Odette idly said watching the dog hop onto his blanket that was laid out on the couch specifically for himself. Thor, sensing the new heat immediately crawled to Loki and went back to sleeping.

The musical Gerudo

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found by the ranch near Christine.

He blinked as he stared at the egg. It appeared so small and fragile the way she held it. "Will it break if you hold it more firmly?" The Harvest God hadn't held many things since coming into existence. But the things he had held, he'd done so with a strong and unwavering grip. Setting his feet back on the ground, he stood before Christina as she spoke. Itself. Her vague description warranted another quick stab at her memories and he gave an understanding nod. "You remove their life and then eat them. Do they taste good?" His indifference to the idea of death seemed strange in comparison to Christina's own hesitation about killing the birds.

Though, he didn't face the same time limit that other things did. Their passing was simply a transfer of energy to him. Their liveliness left them and made a journey back to other things. Dismissing it as a human detail, he decided to look into the idea later. He had more than enough time to do such things. "I would like to taste this." He pointed to the egg Christina had been holding. Partaking in their habits was by far the most interesting way to spend time while manifested. And taking on a physical form was more relaxing than being spread apart.

"I have no other questions. It would be nice if you told me things though. I enjoy being amused." Not many were keen on wasting their time away to humor him. Ethne was one of the few who came to speak with him willingly. She questioned him quite a bit and answering her inquiries had been entertaining.

Even so, I am bored.

MISTRESS ORION

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image[indent]Location : Bakery (CEREUS)[indent]Company : Odette[indent]

The interior of the bakery was pleasantly cool compared to the stuffy air outside, which came as a relief to Ethne -- she had never been able to cope very well with any sort of extreme weather, whether it be the scorching heat of a desert or the frigid winds of a frozen tundra. With that said, pursuing research in a subject that required her to move out into such areas probably wasn’t the smartest move on her part, but forfeiting her own comfort was a small sacrifice in the grander schemes of what her work would accomplish. There were far too few people left in her field, and the subject of their research was quickly being pushed on the crest of a cultural wave to the back shelves of the fiction section, in turn perpetuating its status as myth and superstition. What a shame it would be if she were to allow it to be so easily dismissed and cast into the abyss of ‘non scholarly subjects’ just because it was a bit too hot or cold! There was far too much potential in her research to let that happen… it was just a constant struggle for her to convince others of the same.

Absent-mindedly, Ethne rubbed her arms as the chilly change in temperature raised goose bumps on her flesh, her dark eyes shifting towards each breakfast food item Odette pointed out. Combined with how appetizing they looked and how delicious the air smelled around them, Ethne was suddenly having a hard time deciding what to choose. She wasn’t a particularly picky eater, but she also wasn’t a big eater -- as tempting as picking “one of everything” sounded, it was a foolish idea pushed forth by a hungry stomach. Lifting a hand to partially conceal her watering mouth, she appeared to seriously consider her next move as she tapped her cheek with a slender finger.

Crepes, while they were delicious, were not exactly the wisest choice in such warm weather -- ’But they can be so refreshing with a fruit filling and whipped cream and maybe a drizzle of chocolate…’

What about croissants? Nice, flaky, fluffy croissants. ’Hmm. I’d like something with more substance than just a buttery pastry.’

Well, the next order of business was to wait out the heat in the library, so something more easy to manage like a sandwich was a superior choice. ’Yes, and they appear to be refrigerated too--’

Either impatient with the dark-haired woman or, as the blonde insisted, simply happy to see her, the reddish-furred Shiba Inu nearly gave Ethne a heart attack as it popped up over the counter and barked, the sound deafening in the previously quiet bakery. With a startled cry she stumbled backwards, instinctively lifting her umbrella towards it.

FOOMP!

The handheld device suddenly opened, deploying a waterproof barrier between the woman and the friendly beast. Placing a shaky hand on her waist, Ethne warily peered around the black fabric at the small dog, a mixture of emotions playing across her normally impassive face: surprise at how nonthreatening the dog actually was, sheepishness at her dramatic reaction, then incredulity that there was a dog inside a bakery. In her very few trips to the bakery, Ethne could not recall ever encountering the dog before. Was it a new addition? Her dark eyes narrowed a little as she watched it trot to quietly lie on its blanket. Maybe it was just well behaved and had been quietly sitting out of sight in her past visits.

”... My apologies,” Ethne recovered enough finally to say. Taking a quiet breath to restore her composure, she closed and stowed her umbrella with a smooth move before distractedly fluffing her bangs with a hand. ”I don’t think your dog and I have been properly acquainted before.” Thankfully, Odette seemed to be of a wiser character than to bring her animals along in her frequent trips to the library -- the damage a dog could do to a room full of fragile books was painful to think about. Ethne eyed the kitten that seemed to appear out of nowhere to join the dog before forcibly returning her attention to the blonde and her wares.

”I… I would like two of your sandwiches to go. The ones with chicken meat, if you have it.” Ethne gathered her bag up in her arms nervously to ready her wallet, determinedly keeping her gaze from shifting towards the pile of fur on the couch. ”Your pets… I, ah, trust they don’t shed much?” Having animals in an establishment that served food was very strange to the woman, but perhaps things were just different in Speranza.

Luthien Tinvuiel

Roamer

32,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Master Slayer 200
User Image

Baker of Speranza Town

User Image
║█ ↘↘ ⊰location:Bakery⊱ x ⊰Mood:content⊱ x⊰company: Pets, Ethne⊱ x ⊰Fit:01x⊰Theme:N/A

Odette hated how she had to keep the place cool but with summer time she liked to open the windows on sunny days and turn the AC off. In winter, the windows were shut and she kept the AC to a minimum since people wanted to feel warm not cold. Odette was already chuckling at Ethne and her ways. The research and her were indeed acquainted since Odette loved visiting the library and getting books to read on a rainy day. Yet it was rare for Odette to see Ethne outside of work. Odette was patient as Ethne considered what to eat for breakfast. Odette was well known for making delicious food in general and she could tell the librarian was having difficulty choosing her breakfast of the day. Her crepes were not well known for summer which is why she had side servings of something cool such as fresh fruit, whipped cream and even ice cream.

When Loki had barked, Odette had to hide a smile behind her hands at Ethne's reaction. She literally had a heart attack and the poor woman even opened her umbrella as a defense reaction. Thor could careless as he had gotten a little bit wet. He was well known for his greetings towards people, especially the little tikes that loved petting him and he kept them entertained to give the stressed parents a break for a short time. "It is nothing" Odette waved the apology off since he did that to most people. Shiba inu's were known to be intelligent which made them difficult to train cause of that. They were also possessive of certain things and had to be kept on a leash when going for a walk since they loved the thrill of the chase. Odette had gotten Loki when he was a puppy thank heavens. So he turned out to be a sociable and protective Shiba Inu.

" He doesn't usually visit down here unless there are kids around"
Odette replied. Even if he was down here, the backyard was his area. Whenever he was down here, it was usually for restroom break, playing, or cleaning up messes the kids loved to leave on purpose for him. She had caught toddlers letting him lick their ice cream several times when the parents were not looking. No one was safe from those puppy eyes, NO ONE. Hell all she had to do was bring out little Thor and the kids would squeal and people would coo over the kitten. She had two cute pets and people adored them to death. " Two chicken sandwiches to go coming up" Odette ringed the order up for $5.20 and went to the bread section of her bakery to grab the two. They were fridged since she liked keeping the meat fresh and the vegetables crisp. Looking down and to the left, Odette grabbed two of the deli sandwiches with her gloved hands and placed them into a container and then a bag. She wrote the labelling for them and then came around to the front to hand them over just as Ethne questioned about her pets.

" Yes they do. I however do not let them come over to the kitchen. They prefer to stay outside in the summer, upstairs in my home or on that couch in the corner that I designated for them. when they do start to shed I keep them outside or upstairs. Thor is kept down here for safety reasons and cause I dont like having a kitten being alone."
Odette replied with a small laugh. Yes it was odd she had pets in a food establishment. But when Loki started shedding, she kept him outside or in her home cause she did not need dog hair in her food. Odette still kept it professional while keeping it homey and welcoming at the same time.Thor was kept downstairs and with Odette at all times since she could not bare the thought of Thor getting hurt with his curiousity.

The musical Gerudo

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User Image

User Image

Following the God's gaze to the ovular object in her hand, Christine smiled at his next question.

"Will it break if you hold it more firmly?"

"Yeah, it'll break. They're tough in some ways, but a single egg can crush easily." She wiggled the egg back and forth lightly a couple times between her thumb and index finger before placing it into her basket. The tall entity nodded in understanding.

"You remove their life and then eat them. Do they taste good? I would like to taste this." He paused. "I have no other questions. It would be nice if you told me things though. I enjoy being amused."

The rancher was expecting something along those lines in his next question. He was a very inquisitive being for sure. It was like dealing with a child in the sense that there was wonderment that adults had lost as they aged. "I s'pose I can ask my brother to prep one later then. I can cook somethin' tasty for ya!" She wanted to distract herself from the process of "preparing" a chicken, so she ran a few recipes around in her head. "I'm guessin' you haven't had many foods since you're new an' all..?" Christine asked herself more than to the God. "I think I know what to make. I'll just finish up here and head over to the farm. Then I'll make ya a proper dinner tonight." Chuckling a little before she spoke again, she rubbed the back of her head. "It'd be great if ya could just do all the farm work for me, heh." Unbeknownst to though, the Harvest God had already done so during the time they were chatting.

OOC
sorry it's short. x_x
Merlin The Mage

Devoted Lover

User Image
User Image

Xiao-Yànzi〗 〖"Swallow"〗 〖The Shapeshifter〗〖Crossing paths with: Eyra〗 〖My wanderings have led me: To my rooms in the Row House

For the first time in many, many years, Xiao found himself sleeping past daybreak. The ravenette was at peace in his comfortable bed inside of his room at the Row House, the only movement he made was the gentle up and down motion of his chest as he breathed. He hadn't slept so peacefully in a long while... However, the presence of two people had him stirring. The ravenette yawned and his eyes slowly fluttered open, his slender frame moving to stretch as he went to sit up and reach his arms above his head. Ethne was awake, then. That accounted for one. But the other... "Eyra?" The man's face lit up with nothing other than sheer joy. She had come to visit him? The shifter was quick to get to his feet and wash up, changing out of his clothes. The knock on his door sounded, and when it was given, he was quick to slip into his usual silky black pants and red top before hurrying over with a bright smile on his face.

"Eyra! Good mor-" He cut off and his eyes immediately widened. They were dark as a night without stars and he rushed forward to her. "Eyra, my love, what is wrong?" His heart ached at the sight of her. He had seen her cry before, but never like this. Tears such as these meant that a disaster had occured. "Are you alright? Are you harmed?" His hands reached out for her, pulling the brunette close as he began to check her over for any wounds. His mouth was pulled down into a frown before grasped her hand and his brow furrowed upon noticing the splinters. A wave of his hand and they were gone, and he reached up to cup her face in his hands, gently wiping her tears with his thumbs. "T-The black h-haired girl. S-SHE KNOWS!" The words made Xiao pause and he blinked, completely taken aback. That was what she was so worried about? He remained quiet, before coming to the realization that Eyra must have somehow thought that this was her fault; that she hadn't been able to keep his secret safe. The secret that she had vowed she would protect and keep no matter the cost. "Eyra, that is no-" He cut off by her next words, a stunned look on his face, his expression incredulous. "I'm no ki-ki-killer!"

"Killer? Eyra, there is no need for you to ever do something like that. Besides, I know that you are not one capable of such a horrific act." Xiao honestly didn't know whether or not to be amused. But his love was in distress and that was hardly a laughing matter to him. The ravenette pulled the woman close, one hand on her lower back and the other stroking her hair. "Come now. Breathe for me." He spoke in gentle, muted tones before pulling back and leading her into his home. He shut the door behind her before leading her to the bed and sitting her down on the edge. The shifter quickly went to make some herbal tea, hurrying back over to her and sitting down beside her. "It is through no fault of your own that Ethne has found out. She saw me the night I took you into the air with my wings and confronted me about it. Rather than hide, I decided to tell her the truth. She is a rather intriguing person and I trust her, to a certain degree, due to the fact that she is blood related to Adriane and that woman is one of the closest friends I have ever had in my life." Xiao said, reaching out to gently rub his hand up and down Eyra's back. "I am sorry. I should have told you that I talked to her about such things. Please, dry your tears. As much as I would hate for you to be angry at me, I would rather you strike me and yell than cry and feel as if you have betrayed me." He looked so sad as he glanced at her, gently reaching up with his free hand to wipe away the rest of her tears and brush her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear.

Merlin The Mage

User Image

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra's tears fought Swallow's gentle embrace. While his stroking her hair was soothing, it wasn't until he demanded she breathe that a sob finally caught in her through. The catch in turn earned a quick cough and broke the previous rhythm of her sobs, allowing her to calm a bit. He tears still rolled and still choked slightly on heavy breathes. But she was able to follow along more willingly as he led her into his room, body no longer dominated by the tremors from her previous fit. Sitting down on his bed, she tried to breathe cooly, finding it horribly difficult.

Seasons ago she'd have clammed up and blushed madly at the prospect of being led to his bed. However she grown past such nervousness when they shared a room during the occupation. Though nothing had happened, she couldn't have persisted if she was kept up all night with nerves at the prospect of it. Four days of awful sleep had been just the medicine to overcome her schoolgirlish mentality.

By the time he returned from the beginning of tea preparation her tears had begun to run dry, though her stomach still felt sunken and her guilt rolled off her in waves. He had said there was no need for her to kill someone. But what other possibility was their to protect him from her clumsiness? She bit at her lip, eyes still stinging as he began to speak.

Then she sat in stunned silence. It hadn't been her fault?

She felt chill with sudden relief. His hand brushed her cheek and she turned over his last words in her mind. He expected her to be angry for not telling her. Would it have been normal to leap to her feet and stamp her foot down in some petty rage that he hadn't informed her of telling such an important secret? It was a big decision, but it was not as though it was her decision to make. They weren't family just yet and even then it wasn't her secret to own. Her head hung, gaze settling on her knees. Eyra's cheeks burned.

"I-it's not my place to get all bent outta shape." Her lips curled into a small frown and her chest still rose and fell deeply from heavy breathes aimed at restoring the air she expended just moments before. Pressing her palms to her thighs, she winced, splinters digging a big further into her hands. "I feel like a mighty fool now." The following laugh was stressed. She must have looked so stupid in front of Ethne the past few times they crossed paths. A real ignorant and unaware simpleton. Not that she wasn't. She wouldn't deny that she was lacking heavily in the perception department and her mannerisms and dress and mentality were all fairly simple. Feeling stupid though wasn't something she typically felt. Even when she was next to Maryn who outsmarted her in many ways she only held respect for the different areas of expertise.

For that, just maybe and just a little, she was mad. Not enough to hit him. She'd never seriously struck anyone. A playful punch as a jest maybe, but even when she had felt the pang of jealousy for Emery being able to avenge Edgar she hadn't been able to bring herself to strike any of the soldiers. She finally glanced at Swallow and saw his sorrowful expression. Her heart sunk. "Why do you gotta look so sad? It's not like I'd go and start hatin' you or anything. I didn't mean to upset you by makin' myself look like a giant oaf." She forced a half smile and offered him a hand, blood starting to bead up around a splinter that had crept its way deeper.

"Darn it." She quickly withdrew her hand and wiped it on her shirt. "Now I am extra embarrassed. Would been awful if I went bleedin' on ya too." She'd already sobs mercilessly when he hugged her. That couldn't have been pretty. "You'd o' thought the calluses from farming woulda been tough enough to withstand some wood, but it seems I've been stomped." Her normal, awkward laugh returned and she tugged at her braid gently. She diverted her gaze for a moment and swallowed hard. "I love ya, so it's not like I coulda struck ya anyways."

“- MEMORIES_CHAINED -”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Row House [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Swallow [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Embarrassed [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / ... [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found by the schoolhouse near Theo, Estelle and Cleo.

He could taste it later. That was fine. Beginning to vanish, he spoke briefly. "I shall await this dinner then. As for your wishes, be wary when you make them for they might just be true." He had already done the farm work. Something the rancher would be happy to notice later. It was something she had wished for so deeply that it had resonated almost as if it were a prayer. Being the master of nature, he had no qualms about taking care of the plants. Eyra had mentioned her abandonment of them too when he had spoken to her. The brunette had sought to fill a greater need of the town. His physical form had soon dissipated in it's entirety and the god's consciousness floated through the town, seeking other activities.

The next thing he found was across town. An animal that had also been at the ranch caught his attention. He appeared by the horse, sitting cross legged in the air a few inches above it's back. "It is not only the ranch that has these creatures then?" He stared at the nearby blonde and the two children by his side. From what he understood, newer humans retained that tininess and then they continued to mutate until they were as large and lumbering as much of the town. "Tiny humans."

Even so, I am interested.

- Memories_Chained -

MISTRESS ORION

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out