Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Location / / Inn tab tab Company / / Wilson tab tab Mood / / Happy tab tab Thoughts / / Merchants drive a hard bargain too.

ɪ ϵɴȷɵү ϻү ȿϻạʟʟ ғʀϵϵĐɵϻȿ.

I am free to rule over the inn however I please.

⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰

“You might be seeing a lot of business from me.” Her family had to tradition of contributing to the town under each new proprietress and she had yet to leave her mark. There were small things she could do in her own way, but her ability to aid the town was limited. Darion and Wilson’s arrival could easily have stood to change that. If their skill set was anything along the lines he boasted, she would be speaking with them very soon, even if it meant tapping into her own dowry. “I look forward to seeing it. My daily routine seems horribly dull in comparison. Especially in light of it hardly changing for many generations.”

“I shall try and don one of those stuffy outfits next festival. I hope you won’t be disappointed. It is hardly as miraculous as it sounds.” The demeanor she had to adopt with the kimono was the most troubling part. More subtle expressions and fluid movements even with the lessened range of motion. She could hardly say she missed it. Maybe she could just truss up Eyra and swap placed with her for a day. The former farm girl would certainly enjoy playing dress-up after her initial reservations about politeness were laid to rest.

“No need to pay me. It is not as though it is freshly cooked.” Listening to his description of Darion, she heard a few key traits that played hand in hand with her old flame. There were also plenty of traits that were as different as the desert's night and day. The words clinging to heart were a phrase that lit the embers of challenge within her. Even as an old maid she could jest and her no longer frozen expression favored it. “I would be eager to find out these things. To make my heart patter like a young schoolgirl would be quite the feat. I am more than a decade past that era.” Her mind drifted to Garreth and Marcus. Both spineless men. The thought irritated her to no end, no matter how thankful she had to be for them dragging her from her shell.

As she led the way towards and into the inn, she listened to his explanations of their specialties intently. Her own education hadn’t come remotely close to such topics. It was almost gibberish to her, but she could hear the passion behind his words. In that way she couldn’t help but envy him. She made to pat her fan against her hand only to recall that the trinket was something she no longer carried. Her hands suddenly felt inappropriately empty.”Power sources and...computer science?” She paused. “I must admit I have not the slightest idea what a computer might be. I am sure my more business savvy cousin might have an idea as he had spent a lengthy amount of time in the city. If such things are common, Aries would undoubtedly know of them. He does manage a trade company though. That doesn’t quite fall in the same area of expertise…”

“Mind it not. My cousin’s overdone business ventures are little concern of mine. Garrot Trade Corporation aside, I do hope he is doing well. I have my own work to attend to and at the very least, the idea of another power source sounds rather interesting. Would it at all be possible to eliminate Speranza’s reliance on foreign fuel sources? After what occurred most recently...I am sure many would be put at ease if we lessened our reliance on necessities that come through with waves of merchants.” As she spoke, she led him to the inn’s kitchen and prepared a few large bowls to scoop leftover food into.

⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

I am free to leave the inn when it suits me.

вυτ ɪ ωɪʟʟ ɴϵѵϵʀ τʀυʟү вϵ ғʀϵϵ.

UV--Tardmuffin--VU

User Image / / / / User Image / / / / User Image

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

14,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
User ImageUser Image

l o c a t i o n tavern c o m p a n y Adriane, Emery, Harvest God m o o d intrigued t a v e r n downstairs/upstairs x o u t f i t x v o i c e

Hey, take a seat doll.

"We had a race and the loser had to buy a drink for the winner. So I am here to pay." Emery gave a concise and direct answer. There was never any guessing with that woman. The pinkette was always blunt and to-the-point. It had its merits though. "My brother used to run night clubs. The atmosphere here is entirely different. It's quieter and there are less people."

Silver felt somewhat proud at Emery's comment. "Actually, this is kinda a slow night. I try and run a tight ship even on busy nights though. I don't put up with anyone's bullshit." The pinkette made no motion that would imply her intentions of drinking what was set in front of her. "I have somethin' else if that's not to yer taste?" She reached over and took the glass back. So it wouldn't go to waste, she figured she could have another drink of the good stuff for now.

“Hello Sylvia. Adrianne. Emery.”

The ravenette looked up at the sound of a male's greeting. The Harvest God was an intimidating height compared to Silver's five-foot three. He seemed to be in a relatively complacent mood though, so at least his demeanor wasn't intimidating at the moment. She was a little surprised to see him at her tavern though. It didn't seem like a place a god would visit, but what did she even know about gods anyway?

“I noticed you are serving something special and I found it fascinating. Although I am afraid I do not have the luxury of your currency as I often see exchanged.”

Of course, being that he is a god, he would be omnipotent and all-knowing. This was a bit of a strange "celebration" and reunion type of deal. She looked down at the whiskey in her hand and back up to the tall god. "Well, this is really nice whiskey. I've been savin' it for a while, but if ya wanna try it, it's my treat." She lifted the glass up and leaned over the bar between Emery and Adriane. "Lemme know how ya like it." She smirked at the thought of a god getting drunk. Could gods become inebriated? Then again, a drunk god didn't seem like such a great idea. Having many powers and poor judgment at the same time seemed like a bad idea all around. Nevertheless, it was time to see if this god even liked alcohol at all.

OOC

Merlin The Mage

- Memories_Chained -

just FML right now. ಠ_ಠ

Golden Hunter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Silas had met his fair share of people with the wildest traits so he knew it when he found someone whose intelligence got in the way of proper social interactions, was sent to the world with a loose screw, or both. The moment of silence after Silas spoke was normal for the situation between two strangers. He knew the man in front of him was taking a good look at him before anything else. The sudden shift in attention didn't go unnoticed, but it did annoy him slightly. He figured the man didn't enjoy eye contact, but Silas was one who found it to be key during a proper conversation. He ignored it, and decided to give a bit of focus to the man's words. The man's tone was clear, slightly deep, and with a hint of frustration. It had been long enough for Silas to be used to the different tones of voice others used, even when it came off as borderline to fully disrespectful. He didn't enjoy it, but he knew that he needed to keep his appearance low. Silas never broke eye contact, even when his own mind was filled with other things. He heard the man, and figured it wouldn't hurt to give him a ride or directions. Silas waited a bit. For some reason he didn't feel like speaking yet.

The man in front of him sighed, and soon words followed suit. The man seemed to have relaxed a bit more, but Silas remained the same. The man described the person he was looking for with quite detail, even referring to the person as his "nerd, but to no avail. Silas didn't know nor seen a man with such a description. The man assumed a more front line position in the conversation as he now faced Silas directly, which Silas preferred when speaking with someone. The man kept speaking, and Silas decided to let him finish. Around them were a lot of people, just walking around and going on with their lives. He had never been a fan of crowds in general, specially fully civilian crowds. The speech continued, and Silas showed no signs of disinterest in what the man spoke. That was one Silas qualities, and one of the few characteristics that mark his record. In the end, Silas didn't have nothing to offer, but his guidance in terms of territory. He did notice something happening with the man, the way his body just reacted to the sudden realization of being out in a crowd. Silas looked around, and broke his ever so liked eye contact for a moment before returning his look to the man in front of him. "I haven't seen anyone with those characteristics." Davis added, "However, if food is what you need then I can take you to a restaurant near here." He paused for a moment to let his tone fill each word. "The invitation holds no surprises. I'm simply going for a meal myself, and hold no company. I'm Silas." Silas felt his words to be different from what he would have told a stranger years a go.

-- oodCalm -- hereCereus -- ithDarion --

ut of the fight:XXXXXX
      -- Here
      UV--Tardmuffin--VU

Text
      "Speech"
      'Thoughts'

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

If I told you the answer would you question me?
If I said that was all there is, would you believe me?
Truth is I wont ever know, and neither will you.
That's the beauty of it all. We will never truly know.
User Image
"Why?" is the gateway to science and creation.
It unfolds a endless timeline of questions and answers,
and thus more questions are discovered.
For every "why?" discovered a "how?" soon follows.

HP → ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤xxx xxx𝖂ιℓѕση '𝕻' 𝕳ιggѕвυяуxxxxxx✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ← SP

Her words were great inspiration and a reminder of why they picked the location they did. It was such a booming blossoming bountiful land for such a rotten location. They wanted to find something that was not touched by the hands of greed and help bring people together. "I'm glad to hear that, and so would Darion. One of the reasons we came here because its just such an untapped land that has everything going for it. Instead of changing such beauty, we just wish help expand upon the things that are already here. Who knows? Maybe the greenery will slowly expand outward the longer we leave it untapped. I have high hopes, I just love the grassy hills... I'm sorry. Look at me, just rambling on." Wilson chuckled heartily, letting more of his relaxed side of him out into the open air, as he pondered at the few memories he had here rolling down the few hills and taking a gander at the blooming flowers that were bathing in the sunlight.

His eyes lit up on her reply about the next festival. "That would be quite the treat. Say; when and what is the next festival? You guys sure have a lot of events and that's just dandy by me. I have no problem with that, I love the social gatherings." He cheerfully sung his words as he swayed his arms in a childish manner until she continued about the left overs. "Well, if you wont accept money, you can put an IOU sticker on your desk. You can cash that in for any favor you desire and I will make it happen." Wilson assured her as he struck a cocky pose and lifted a brow. Her words struck him off guard as he listened to her speak longingly for the brief good things he left unrevealed. His expression slowly bubbled down to an blank slate as he pondered for a moment, before getting a cocky grin plastered upon his face. Wilson was enjoying where this was going, and would love to see Darion associate with someone and possibly get more attached a special someone. It wouldn't be easy, especially since Darion is so against it. "Well, if that's how you feel, I can guarantee nothing but those feelings once he opens up. He never shows it enough, but Darion has a fun side." Wilson tried had to sell the blunt but open truth to her as he followed close behind as they headed back to the Inn. His attention bounced around looking at people passing and the buildings they were walking past. Wilson thought hard about how he was going to make this work. Darion had no intention to going to any festivals or events. He couldn't carry any conversations with strangers like he does with Wilson. He certainly doesn't make a good first impression that's for sure. But Wilson was eager to play match maker for a little while, it was time for Darion to stop moping around like a outcast.

As they walked into the familiar building as Wilson glanced around taking in the sight once more, knowing he was going to miss the place when he returned home to the Facility. She spoke of her understanding and family while she started preparing large bowls of hardly looked like what he would call left overs. He drooled a small dribble before wiping it away before she could take notice and took a step back, continuing to listen to her talk about the recent topic of power sources. He couldn't help but feel slightly disappointed the lack of interest in computer technology but then again it was also expected that many people don't even know what a computer really even is, or the functionality of it. He smile in understanding as he let the disappointment roll off of his shoulder. "I have a feeling it will, maybe not at first with just the first source up... But once the second structure is up, I believe we will have such a constant supply of energy that if everyone in the entire city were to turn on their lights, use their appliances and just spend an excess amount of electricity, We would still keep a stable outtake to support that. But I won't spoil Darion's little speech about that. He's very excited to announce the good news and the plan to everyone. You should stay around for that during the grand opening." Wilson enlightened her with the bare details of the project along with squeezing in a small wink when he mentioned about staying around to her.

█│ I'm with:
bounds Maryn
█│ Location:
bounds Inn
█│ Mood:
bounds Curious, playful
█│Thoughts:
bounds Oh? Is she interested in that brute?
█│Theme:
bounds Main

HP → ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤xxxUser Image xxx𝕯arion '𝕲ee' 𝕳elmsxxxUser Imagexxx✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ✪ ← SP

The limits stretch onwards with a little creativity.
The only person who sets the barrier is you. You,
Vast as you are immeasurable. You,
strong as you make yourself to be.
You are the variable to every equation.
You justify the outcome. Only you.

User Image

Darion felt the words slowly sink in as he pondered where Wilson had run off to. Even for someone of his standard it was out of character to be gone for so long. He hoped he was ok, but it still didn't change the fact that Darion was starving. The bold figure shook his head and the worry rolled off his shoulders as he returned his focus to the stranger before him. "Haven't seen him. Mmmmk..." His reply was soft and rather emotionless as he thought about the mans offer with consideration. He did not thing anything of his offer other then a kind gesture but was still nervous on venturing anywhere with someone he hardly knew. But his stomach soon made the answer for him as it bellowed a unappealing growl. The man looked down at his stomach and rested his hand over his rumbling belly. "I'll have to take you on that offer. Lead the way... My name is Darion." Darion opened up but continued to keep a bold stance and kept to his emotionless tone as he followed Silas close behind.

"What is it you do here in town?" Darion felt compelled to ask to break the silence as they walked across the streets, dragging his heavy boots against the rock beneath him. "I barely know anything about this town. A friend of mine and I just moved in a week ago. I spent most of my time in our shop." He expressed his standing in the town, He felt like he was finally discovering all the things that town had to offer as they continued forward, stopping occasionally to peer through the shop windows and continuing close behind. "We own the Research facility, recently new shop." He mentioned, as he spotted the restaurant from afar.

█│ I'm with:
bounds Silas
█│ Location:
bounds Cereus
█│ Mood:
bounds Relaxed
█│Thoughts:
bounds Food sounds really good right now
█│Theme:
bounds Main

Friendly Friend

User ImageUser Image
                                                      Location : Roi's home - out front (IDRIA)[indent]Company : Nadya

Preparing for the date he had arranged with Nadya was taking Roi a little while longer than he expected. Again and again, the mere knowledge that he’d finally be engaging in such an activity under no pretenses, under his own volition -- hell with someone who actually cared was enough to make him pause and just mull over it in amazement. How long had he let himself live in such a relationship? One could argue that he didn’t simply ‘let’ himself stay in that situation, and was rather forced into it. At the time, he didn’t see it that way -- she had come to him and his friends with money for ‘protection’. A year into this contract, she had deemed faking a married relationship with him was necessary for her continued safety. The decision had been sudden and without context, though given their situation at the time Roi couldn’t say otherwise.

No no no -- Roi didn’t say otherwise, right? He made the conscious decision to go along with it for the time being...

Right?

”Let’s… not think about that,” he murmured in exasperation, pushing a slightly trembling hand through his damp, messy hair. The more he dwelled on the past, the more apparent the glaring abuse and manipulation he was put through became… and the gradual realization was making him sick to his core. Pushing it out of his mind for the time being, Roi pulled his mind to focus on the date with Nadya ahead; what should they do? Where should they go? The decision had been on the fly, and the man never actually gave it proper thought. Ah well, he probably should get dressed first anyway, right?

After setting his damp towel aside Roi stood in front of his closet as he perused it, an arm crossed over his bare chest while he stroked his chin with his other hand. It was just a friendly date they were going on -- nothing too serious, so there was no need to do anything extra. He took out and dressed into comfortable attire that he wore most days before heading down the stairs to wait for Nadya; it sounded like she was having a lot of trouble with something in her room, so she likely wasn’t done yet. To his surprise, however, the woman was waiting for him in the kitchen, and she was… well…

”Nadya,” Roi intoned with surprise and a hint of amusement. While he was not familiar with the style that she chose, she was primped up enough to resemble some women he had seen in the bigger cities -- they dressed to impressed when on an outing with particularly wealthy and notable individuals, or to simply show off their class. ”I’ve never seen ye wearin’ that before… the fabric is beautiful though.” He gestured vaguely towards the back of the house, where he kept his horses. ”I was thinkin’ of takin’ ye on a ride around with Ulysses and Maizler; will ye be fine wearin’ that?” It didn’t seem terribly impractical, but Roi could understand someone not wanting to tear or dirty such beautiful clothing.

Nadya smiled up at him, rising to her feet fluidly -- though she felt like she might fall on her face. “I should be alright,” she noted thoughtfully, after a moment. “I can ride side-saddle pretty well,” she noted, clasping her hands behind her back. “And whichever of the two you had me ride before moved pretty smoothly.” Roi nodded with a smile. ”Awrite, as long as yer comfortable with it. Did ye have anythin’ to eat yet?” Nadya smiled again, but shook her head no; it didn’t seem to bother her, though, and her bright blue eyes were alight with excitement. The expression was… alien to Roi, but he quickly concealed his nervousness by turning business-like into the kitchen.

”Then I’ll treat ye out to the restaurant! They have a much larger selection and better equipped kitchen than me. Meet me out front, I’ll get Ulysses saddled up.”

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User ImageUser Image
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx OOC:

Nadya could feel her heart pounding in her chest, mostly from excitement and anxiety from what was to come. She’d never actually been out on a date before -- unless one counted her being spirited away by Roi while Mihai threw a fuss in the inn a ‘date’. She moved out of the house at a casual pace, trying not to appear too eager; it was just a date between friends, after all. She harshly hushed the snarky author-voice in the back of her head asking ‘why the hell did you bother with such a confusing and fancy outfit, if it’s just a date between friends’ and waited for Roi to bring the horse around.

The clip-clopping of hooves shortly announced the man’s arrival, and he leaned down from the tall draught horse to offer a hand. ”Can ye get up from there? Or do ye need me to hop off?” Nadya smiled with delight, quite happy to see the large beast. She couldn’t place it, but she’d loved horses for as long as she could remember -- for that matter, though, how did she know she could ride side saddle? Or ride at all? She shrugged it off and surveyed the height of the horse.

“I think I’m gonna need a hand up,” she concluded after a moment. There was no way she had the movability (or the shorts) to lift her leg up high enough to catch the stirrup in this outfit. Nodding in understanding, Roi swung a leg over Ulysses and dismounted before offer to take one of Nadya feet in his hands. ”Here we are -- hold on tight, and I’ll boost ye.” With relative ease, the redhead boosted and lifted the woman up, patiently pushing here and stabilizing there as she climbed onto the back of his steed side-saddle. She took a moment to settle, but found herself quite comfortable on the horse. Climbing up after her, Roi settled on the beast’s back behind Nadya, where he pulled her in snugly. ”Ready?”

Ready? Not at all. She was so not ready for him to hold her closely like that -- even if logic dictated that was probably what was going to happen anyways -- and it showed in her face. She swallowed back her embarrassment, somewhat taming her blush, and nodded her head in agreement. “Ready!” she agreed with a chipper tone, eventually calming down and leaning lightly back against him. She seriously needed to thank these horses later; somehow they always brought her into closer proximity to Roi -- even back in Kudamono…

“So is the other cook on par with you?” she mused playfully as they set on their way. “I’ve never actually eaten out at the restaurant here, since there’s always food at home, or you to cook.”

The musical Gerudo

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
      CURRENT DAY
〈 ⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯ 〉

4TH OF SUMMER
            ⇠┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⇢

/ / Time / /

Monday
                9:00 AM - 2:00 PM

/ / Weather / /

The sweltering heat of summer is broken only by the cloud cover and gentle breeze. It appears there may be rain in the later evening, but none just yet.

/ / Events / /

None

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image

I, the mighty God, may be found by the ranch near Christine.

The deity’s first prayer of sorts had come from the young woman on the ranch. She could not manage both the ranch and the farm that Eyra had abandoned and so she had, in a way, pleased for his aid. It was not the official sort of prayer that he would have liked and the reverence received was low, but it gave him something to do in a relatively peaceful town. Peaceful besides the sudden turn in the pinkette. He kept a close eye on her, having padded her squabble from the previous evening to leave her larger brother with only small bruises.

He had no need to manifest to watch her though. If the occasion called for it his manifestation could be across town in a blink of an eye. Instead, he manifested on the ranch, looking on as Christine attended to her chores. ”You mortals must attend to things in a very impractical way. Even the crops. You manually water them and preen them. It is all too amusing.” Even while /present/ on the ranch, he was using his energy to siphon water to the plants until they were correctly saturated. Then he churned the soil around their roots so that the dirt rich with nutrients was easier to leech from.

Walking along behind Christine, he continued on in silence until she came to the chicken coop. ”What manner of creature is this?” He hadn’t delved too deeply into the rancher’s memories yet. There had been no need to. Most of his knowledge of the district came from Eyra whom he had spoken with a few times when she sought him out. Searching for his answer on his own, he mouthed a small ‘ah’. ”A chicken.” He stared at it intently. It was far from majestic as he. ”It looks quite dim.”

His gaze settled on the brunette again. ”Ah, that may have been rude of me. It was brought to my attention that I should give others the time to answer rather than obtaining it through my methods after asking.” He drew his legs up and crossed them, deciding to float in the air beside her. ”So what purpose does this blank-faced, feathered beast serve?”

Even so, I am curious.

MISTRESS ORION

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image

Eyra’s hands ached. She’d spent almost as much of the day tugging splinters loose from her calluses as she had whittling wood for practice and trying to make anything suitable for the inn. As much as the former farm hand had been able to rig Edgar’s old boat together, creating something from scratch was a different story. Defeated in spirit and wincing each time she rubbed her palms, she trudged up to the row house. A visit with her fiancee was bound to put a brighter spin on her day, Walking through the narrow hallway in the row house, she headed toward’s Xiao’s door, stopping as another doorway creaked nearby.

Emerald eyes scanned the hallway frantically until the settled on the feather-wielding ravenette that had made Eyra so uneasy. She could feel her skin chill as she broke into a nervous sweat. “Oh, hey there, miss. I’m just here to pay my totally average joe fiancee a visit. Ya know, since it’s not proper to be livin’ together before the weddin’ and all.” They’d shared a room at the inn for a whole season, but Xiao had only been a gentleman.

Eyra’s heart thumped in her chest. She really wasn’t terribly good at keeping secrets. The awkwardness surrounding her lies was like a elephant trying to hide behind a stick of bamboo. Waiting for an all clear, she continued to fiddle with her hands, rubbing the many sores. “Splinters are the dickens. Carpenter work is rougher than I first thought.” Classic diversion. Surely the strange lady wouldn’t question her bad lie now. Totally normal fiancee. No one special would marry some farm girl rambling on about splinters.

She almost gave herself a thumbs up from sheer pride, but stopped short. Her gaze scrutinized Ethne’s face as if she could somehow read it. Eyra wasn’t terribly observant though. Heck, she’d be thrashed in a friendly game of poker. No matter how daft and simple she was though she could pretend like she could catch on to tells. poorly, but she’d never been too swell at pretend either. Maybe that was why all the boys stopped playing with her.

“The Musical Gerudo”

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[Indent][Indent][Indent]

LOCATION / / Row House [Indent][Indent]
COMPANY / / Ethne [Indent][Indent]
MOOD / / Nervous [Indent][Indent]
THOUGHTS / / Totally normal. [Indent][Indent]

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯⋯

The animalistic expression hadn’t faded from her face since the previous day. Ever with the sensible directive Rando had given her, her body ached to feel blood. Every muscle in her being yearned for the rush. Still, when her brother deposited her in front of the dojo he’d made certain to tell her not to kill the opponent there. Fight. Fight vigorously while thinking of /him/. Fight until her rage subsided into calculation. For at least a week. Sensible as it was to clear her head, it wouldn’t take a week.

Slipping her shoes off in the entryway, she entered the dojo, seeking it’s master. Emery’s awareness and feralness were mutually exclusive. Any former recognition or knowledge she had of Silas was absent. Normally his size and demeanor would warrant caution and precision. In her current state, it only drew her in. Her desire to fight pulsed. The only thing that was more exciting than a hardened opponent was the possibility that she might be able to rile him up.

“I am here to spar until I am exhausted and then again and again until the sun sets. I just hope you are a worthy opponent.” The man was easily her senior. Many were, but her skills had been tempered in the face of death more times than she remembered. By friend and foe alike. To that extent, shamefully, she was a tool. A machine for fighting. Fine tuned to kill. Because of that, she felt she stood a slim chance.

How she used herself had always been, to a degree, her own will. For ages her father had controlled the on switch, but she was the one who decided when to be off. Even with his rules woven into her subconscious, she’d become more of a loose cannon since she’d become the leader. Enough to cause her precious underlings to shake with fear. Enough to drive them all away. Her lips curled in excitement, fingers flexing in desperation for her energy to be unleashed again.

“If you fell before I even had to catch my breath...I’d be so bored. I probably couldn’t even bring myself to follow brother’s wishes~” The sing song voice had an ice-like quality laced in. It was the same tone she used to utter her simplistic death quote years prior. It faded to sheer monotone. “So, we’ll spar now.” It was more of a demand than an inquiry.

She’d fight traditionally, sticking to the aikido she knew. As the guest it was only proper she respect the atmosphere. A true and fair match without the scrappiness of street life added in. Even in her reversion, she was far from abandoning her defining trait. It was her only bastion in a world that feared and played her.

RizenRivaldi
I figure she might be a be able to dodge a bit but in probably get beaten pretty quickly. Feel free to write out a small fight with that assumption. c: If this doesn't work though, lemme know. I can edit.

ζocation Dojo[Indent]
Ҁompany Silas[Indent]
ɱood Antagonizing[Indent]
ϯhoughts Let’s fight![Indent]

Golden Hunter

He had gotten the number of the man he met last night, Darion he believed. He would have to call him later to comment on his short presence during their meal, but there were other things he needed to do first. Silas was a patient man. He had always been a patient man due to his long career in the military and his stern childhood. He was able to keep his emotions in check when dealing with others and any situation he found himself in. The day had barely begun and that patience was already being tested. His muscles tensed up slightly magnifying his already extremely impressive bulk to a seemingly larger one. The situation at hand was a rather serious one. In front of stood nothing, but an open letter sitting on the table. The letter contained simple words. "I'm coming to see you in a three months. We have to meet." It was sent and signed by a person he didn't wish to see because it was someone who belonged to his kin, his own father. Silas was a famous soldier, a good strategist, and an overwhelming fighter. His reputation, however, was nothing compared to his father who was the greatest man he ever knew. Ruthless, efficient, and brutal in his ways, but also a kind and passionate man that did everything for the nation. Silas didn't know why his father decided to pay him a visit after so many years, but he wished to find out.

He closed the letter and placed it inside the envelope it came in, marked with the family's emblem. It was a shield with a large bear on it. He kept the letter inside a sealed safe, protecting it from prying eyes. He lived in the dojo so he figured that it was the safest place for it. He left it there, the contents of it still bugging him. He didn't dislike his father, but something was odd when it came to these types of visits. His father didn't just decide to see him after years on a whim, and they traded letters several times a month so it wasn't lack of communication. His muscles relaxed as he released a rather loud sigh. He decided that it couldn't be avoided and he would have to make some preparations for that. One thing was letting his fame dwindle until nearly no one in the town knew about it, but his father was a bonified and widely famous Ossana military chief. He would have to change the man's face to make him unrecognizable. He chuckled briefly at the thought of making his father wear a mask, which he knew his father had a strong distaste in.

A door slid open and Davis took notice. He had students, but usually none came this early. It wasn't a particular bad morning, but Silas wasn't as receptive as he usually was. Disrespect directed to him would have an even higher punishment that day. It was a woman, a foot shorter than he was and possibly nearly a decade younger. Her body language was similar to that of an animal, the need to discharge power seemed to be extremely high in her. He had seen many like her and had trained many into becoming ruthless soldiers. Her words sounded sincere, filled with a rather annoying and a tad disrespectful tone. She was born with an impressive desire he couldn't deny that. Silas could have taken the sparring, which would be a fight too many, in a more relaxed way, but he found her to be rather disrespectful with her words and tone.

"Very well, I'm waiting." His tone was thick and harsh, not that pleasing to hear. He removed the long jacket that usually covered his upper body. The pants were proper for sparring and he was already barefooted. His upper body was bare to the eye, showing off several scars that filled his chest like a proud banner of his former service. "You can start when you are ready." Silas just stood still not far from her. No guard, not even a posture to allow for faster movements. Just him, standing there with his terrifyingly large aura of intimidation expanding and becoming even stronger. One could find Silas upper body rather unattractive, but one would also have to fall into at least respect by the sheer aspect of it.

-- oodCalm -- hereDojo -- ithEmery --

-- You can initiate it, I do rather give you the chance to do so.
      Merlin The Mage

Text
      "Speech"
      'Thoughts'

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
User Image

User Image
                                                                        tab THE NICEST SWEETEST ◢⋮UTMOST IN EVERYTHINGxx
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab IT'S SO CHARMING ( VERY CHARMING )
                                                                        tab ⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰⋰
                                                                        tab tab WELL RECKON && PLAY THE FOOL x NO ONE'S ILL AT EASE ˟
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        A N D xx T H E Y xx W I L L xx P U T xx T H E I R xx D E E P E S T xx SWISHBANG xx T R U S T xx I N xx Y O U
                                                                        tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab ( no one saw it coming )
                                                    ════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                    tab PROFILE tab tab OUTFIT tab tab BBQ STAND tab tab ALONE

The morning was not a nice one, for the darkly clad man. Why he’d thought escaping to a desert to avoid detection of any authorities was a good idea was beyond him, though he’d supposed it’d worked thus far. In this town others seemed more than happy to cause enough trouble for him to slip nicely under the radar of local law enforcement — that was, if they knew of the blood trail that followed him at all. In larger cities, departments shared their information whenever it was discovered that’d moved. With this place being so far removed — and Henri definitely hadn’t called the nearest police station to say ‘Yea, so I’m thinking about moving to this little desert town’ — there wasn’t much place else shy of wilderness survival that would allow him to slip so easily out of sight, and out of mind.

He’d never been convicted, anyways.

Everything that had been happening aside, Henri couldn’t be more satisfied with how things had turned out. Well, that wasn’t correct to say…

She hadn’t killed anybody, yet.

The girl he’d taken a morbid interest in was just as much prey as she was a target of fascination for him. There were so few who could walk the streets freely with that kind of bloodlust bottled up inside them, or that kind of history; there were so few actually ‘like’ him, who took pleasure (if not comfort) in ‘that sort of thing’. Henri smiled a little, thinking about the sign he’d seen in the inn that morning; the meandering walk he’d taken around (and possibly into, maaaaaaybe) a certain redhead’s house… Him leaving would only prove Henri right, which would likely lead to Emery giving up on this foolish idea of normalcy.

Ironically, and speaking of normalcy, Henri was out under the the small protection from the sun that his little stand allowed, firing up the bbq as a fan blew from behind and pushed his hair forwards and around his face. Ever in the desert heat he wore his black long-sleeved shirt, long beige pants, and black dress shoes. Pushing his glasses up his nose with his forearm, he fanned the coals. Well, the BBQ stand was open for business.
                                                      Quote:

Kasan0da's Partner

Benevolent Genius

18,325 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Grunny Harvester 150
User Image
User Image
                                                                    I am doomed to become ɪĐʟϵ until I am needed once again.

The offer would have left her taken aback normally. People din't usually let the young woman strike first. Quite the opposite really. They usually waved guns at her first. Her lips curled more and she fell into form, ready to rush at the larger man. He had invited her after all. Dashing forwards, she held her right palm firm and aimed a knifehand strike at his side, just below his rib cage.

Muscle contractions, the sudden change in the time it took her to inhale and exhale and the positions of the support foot and dominant foot. Silas read an opponent like he read a book and he was quite good at it. She seemed rather surprise perhaps she wasn't used to striking first. Her dash was impressive and the way her hand came into shape was not too shabby. He seemed to lack a reaction to her move at first, she would note that the distance was closing in and he didn't react. It took only a fraction of a second though. Silas avoided the strike by taking the chance of using her own momentum. He sidestepped to his right, letting her charge forward a bit more. He placed his foot in front of her own foot, to try and make her trip.

While her strike went through the motions, it didn't connect, right hand missing its mark. She indeed went tumbling forward, but she was able to react in time, catching herself by falling into a roll rather than flat on her face. Regaining her footing, she faced him again, eyes gleaming. Rushing him again, she went through the same motions at first, but retracted her arm when she got close and shifted her weight on her right foot abruptly. Emery brought her left leg around to try and kick the side of his shin.

Silas watched as she avoided his grab, rolling out of harms way. He could have exploited that opening by going for a kick, but decided against as it would possibly result in damage he didn't wish to cause her. He figured she needed to let off some steam so he didn't wish to end the sparring quickly. For now, he would play along. The same motion was repeated but turned into one of a low left kick directed at his shin. Her fighting style was rather aggressive and it could have worked for someone less trained, but Silas versatility was immense even when he held off nearly all he could. The shin was always a good place to strike, but the problem came with someone who was ready for that. Using his physical conditioning as a leverage for the next move, Silas lowered himself a bit when the kick was mid arc and went for a leg check. His left fist stayed up over his tucked chin, his right-hand coming out straight in front of himself with the palm up, almost right in her face, and his knee then came up with the toes pointing downwards at slight outward angle from Silas's body to meet the incoming shin kick.

The reality of their difference in weight class hit her hard. His check was like hitting a wall and it became crystal clear that he was no Rando. She couldn't just pummel out her frustrations wildly and expect to get anywhere. Staggering back, she inhaled sharply, some semblance of reason returning to her angry mind. "You now..." She breathed, taking a defensive stance. If he struck first maybe she could get a good hit in.

The feeling never changed, neither did the sound. Flesh on flesh, bone on bone and the pain that came from it. Silas had known those too well and had grown used to them. Her kick was good, but their weight and body differences showed themselves when she felt his leg check. He took a normal position while she took a few steps back. Her words reached his ears and her stance showed her intentions. He decided to try out his boxing with her, feeling it was a bit rusty. He assumed a seemingly orthodox stance though he faced her a bit more directly than one would in a normal orthodox stance. His arms got lowered to his sides, leaving his torso unguarded, and his knees slightly bent, lowering his own center of gravity and hence increasing the potential punching power. He started by approaching in a small charge to close the distance, but also to try and land a left jab aimed at her stomach.

Keeping track of an opponent was something she could do. Her gaze kept up with his movements and her body didn't lag far behind. Stepping forward, she twisted her body to face left a bit and met his jab by bringing down her right arm, knocking the punch slightly off course and away from her center. The lack of power in her block left the jab still grazing her side. An apt target, her recent recovering abdomen. Biting past the jolt of pain, Emery kept moving. Stepping forward with her other foot, she aimed to counter with a quick strike from her left hand.

Silas wasn't sparring with her just because she wished to, but because he knew she had some potential. However, her technique needed some work and some physical conditioning would make wonders for her strikes. For now, Silas could only continue to spar. He wanted to try his boxing and it seemed she knew a bit of it as well. Using his own sudden proximity to try and use a counter. Contact was made, but not without consequences for her side. He turned his head at the moment of impact therefore reducing the amount of damage taken, and at the same time allowing for her arm to into a much wider arc. Silas took advantage of that to try and go for a grab on her left arm.

Grab successful, Emery found herself trapped, trying unsuccessfully to wrench her arm free. She seethed, frustration dissipating for realization at her predicament. Her free hand reached for the knife holster that was at her hip but stopped halfway. She'd promised, a whole week. Taking a deep breathe, her chest heaved. The short match had definitely cleared her head. She'd have to plot an actual approach. "You win." She spoke coolly now, the disrespectful tone having vanished.

RizenRivaldi

ζocation Dojo[Indent]
Ҁompany Silas[Indent]
ɱood Defeated[Indent]
ϯhoughts I need a plan.[Indent]

Golden Hunter

Silas stared for a moment at the woman he just spared with. His hands firmly gripping her with sufficient force to control her, but not to actually hurt her. A spar didn't need to go into major, not even mid-level, violence so he figured it should just end there. However, her sudden movements with her free hand caused Silas to reconsider about what was about to happen. His muscles tensed up, visually showing, but for an entire different reason. It wasn't fear, but simply the way he reacted before making a rather brutish move. Her words reached his head and carefully deactivated the situation that was about to unfold. Silas felt no danger coming from her, she seemed to have taken notice their skill and physical difference. She deemed him victorious of the spar, but Silas disliked to apply that logic. "You fought well. Your technique needs improvement and your physical condition needs to improve." He pinched her upper arm, feeling some degree of developed muscle, but nothing major. He would quite enjoy having one of the women who served under him there to show her what she could become under his hands.

He let go of her after his comment and stretched his arms a bit. "You will need to condition your hands more if you wish to use your hands for that specific style." He looked through one of the windows at one of several 8 foot long post driven into the ground, which now stood at shoulder height for him and others of his built. It was protected with foam rubber padding, which the fighter was supposed to hit. He pointed to one of them, one that was at a vertically greater angle so that one good punch would straighten it up. "Pushups will also be needed along with the rest." Silas spoke like a teacher to keep his cover up, but his words didn't seem to carry such a strong tone as they would normally. He then got hit with a certain thought, she hadn't said she would be his student. "Do you wish to train and improve, or", he paused for a moment and made sure that the following tones carried his harsh and stern tone, "are you coming back another day for another defeat?" He felt the need to do it specifically there.

He looked through the window once more and noticed that time for a good breakfast was coming along. He returned his look back at the woman in front of him, not even knowing her name. "I'm Silas." He introduced himself and extended his right hand for a handshake. He figured she wanted to rest after their sparring as she appeared to have taken some damage during the spar.

-- oodCalm -- hereDojo -- ithEmery --

-- N/A
      Merlin The Mage

Text
      "Speech"
      'Thoughts'

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash