Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Humorist

User Image
User Image
                                    tab tab tab tab x H O U S E K I x M E A D O W S ' x F I R E F I G H T E R x x x x

tab tab tab tab

The firefighter took a deep breath, allowing the cold winter air to enter his mouth. A snowflake fell on his hair and melted, and while the man was slowly being covered by other flakes, another woman appeared behind him. The firefighter jumped a bit and turned around to see a short redhead looking at him. She talked far more than Allison had seen many people talk. A peaceful town like Houseki Meadows seemed to have its residents on the quieter, although like everything else, exceptions were made once in a while. His gray eyes blinked as she spoke at a million miles an hour, though he thought he heard the woman say that she didn't see him at the bar a lot. It made him think--he was typically a visitor at the bar and it wasn't uncommon to see him there. But he didn't remember visiting the bar for the last couple of weeks, probably because he had been spending a lot of time with Scarlet--so much so that visiting the bar was the least of his priorities. It was probably why the redhead didn't remember him, or why Allison didn't recall seeing her a lot.

The girl then gave Allison her name--Shilo, was it? But before he could say anything, she continued to speak. Once again he tried his best to focus on what the woman was saying to him. From what he could tell, she was very to-the-point and didn't like messing around if she could help it. She knew about him and Scarlet, and honestly, the mere mention of them together left a pink tint on Allison's cheeks. Not that he wanted to keep it a secret, since none of them were trying very hard to make it a secret. It was just . . . a part of him still couldn't believe that they were dating and even living together. Okay, that last one only happened because the woman's house burnt down, but she still accepted his offer to live with him when she easily could have chosen someone else. Allison liked having Scarlet choose what she wanted to do, since he felt that she didn't always do enough for herself. He wanted her to be as happy as she made him. However, the redhead wasn't done in mentioning that, mainly because that conversation seemed to be deeper than the male thought it was going to be. Shilo also talked about physical actions between them, mostly walking together and dancing. He blinked at the redhead while she squeezed his arms, no doubt feeling the muscles that tugged under his clothes. She continued to speak, offering to teach him certain dance moves and ways to help Scarlet fall in love with him more (well okay, she didn't say that, but she gave the implication that was what she wanted).

"How convenient that you're here. I was thinking of a similar thing myself," Allison finally spoke after a short pause. "I mean, I like it when Scarlet treats herself. She's done so much for me, and I want her to be as happy as she makes me." He blinked while the redhead continued to sit on his lap. Scarlet was still in school, helping the students learn, right? But even so, he prayed that the woman wouldn't come and get the wrong idea. Sometimes he was too nice for his own good, and he didn't want to seem rude by asking Shilo to get off. "But . . . maybe that routine's getting old. Sooner or later, I feel she's gonna think that I don't care, and that's not true at all. I just . . . don't know how to show it to her, you know? I thought that learning how to dance might be a way for both of us to enjoy ourselves."

He looked to the side of him, staring off into space. The white flakes gently adorned the trees and the sidewalk, and Allison suspected that sooner or later lights would decorate the town, making it feel more of a Christmas paradise than before. Maybe if he could learn to dance by then . . . "So if you don't mind teaching me a thing or two about dancing, I would very much appreciate it. I just don't know how good I'll be at it--I haven't done it since high school." A laugh left his lips, and for a moment his mind trailed to thoughts of Millie. She certainly wasn't in his life anymore, and Allison definitely didn't need her anymore, but she was still his first love. Sometimes she was going to randomly appear in his mind, even if Allison tried to forget about her. He regretted about not taking her back into his life when she wanted to be with him again, even if he knew it was for the better. And not only that, but he was able to find someone as amazing as Scarlet, someone who was very sweet and always looked out for both of them. He definitely needed to take charge again to make this relationship work out between them.

He glanced back at Shilo. "What time works best for you? I'll try to fit your lessons with my schedule as well as I can." His eyes widened at a sudden realization. "Oh! Before I forget, the name's Al. I'm the town's firefighter and I visit the tavern on occasion, though I haven't allowed myself to visit it lately," he gave a light smile and laughed softly. Honestly, the firefighter had been so fixated on Scarlet and his friends that visiting the bar had been the least of his concerns. He had been socializing a lot more lately without feeling drained, though it wasn't to say that he wasn't going to return to the bar again.

tab tab tab tab

tab tab tab tab tab Setting: [Diamond District: Town Square] tab tab tab Company: [Shilo, was it?] tab tab tab Mood: [A bit relieved, but still thinking] tab tab tab OOC: [ . . . ]

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Blessed Humorist

User Image
      User Image
I HAVETO TOBREAKxF R E E
tab tab FROM THETHOUG HTSIN MY MIND
USE THE TIME I THAT HAVExI THAT HAVExI THAT HAVE

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

"Oh? I honestly don't believe you're as out of practice as you claim you are." The now-teacher placed a hand on his chin and scanned the girl's lining. While it was true that the image wasn't perfect--no image was ever going to be perfect--the girl was still putting a lot of effort into the image and Fabrice could tell. But it wasn't to say that the girl's words weren't relatable--it was far from the opposite, really. He knew students her age had a lot of other responsibilities; it was a part of growing up. Not only did they have to attend class and do homework for all of them, but they also had to manage responsibilities at the household, especially if they were going through struggles that they honestly shouldn't have to go through.

So what was the girl going through? Fabrice couldn't quite speak for the girl, since all he had to go off of was the image she drew. A person sat on one end of the table, grasping onto a cup and ready to take a sip while the other side remained empty. A couple possibilities entered the man's mind--maybe this person was contemplating to themselves of all the world's issues around them, or maybe it was them occupying themselves with their own issues . . . though the gaze the person held told him that perhaps there was a presence that was supposed to occupy the chair the opposite of them. Was the person dead, or maybe they were gone? They could be sick and the person in the picture was worrying themselves with how they may be facing their own challenges . . . it was too personal for Fabrice to ask about such a thing though, so he chose to remain quiet on the inquiries for the meanwhile.

Silence filled between them, and Fabrice guessed from the blue-haired girl's sigh that she was in deep thought now. He continued to gaze down at the image in front of him, thinking of the image and all of its implications. If she wanted to ask for advice from him, he figured that it would be best to not roam too far. And even before he could move too distantly, the girl's voice suddenly made its way to his ears. His green eyes glanced between the image and its artist while her words took effect on him. "You seem to be a type of person who's never happy with their accomplishments. This image could possibly be the most beautiful object that anyone's laid their eyes upon, yet it would never satisfy you . . . Or maybe I'm speaking for myself," he chuckled. He didn't need to talk like he knew the girl, and it was true that Fabrice had a tendency of being hard on himself. Maybe a part of him assumed that he could relate to this girl for reasons like that, alongside the potential that he already saw in her.

"But still, there is always a way to improve. Let me ask you this--what time of day is it? Does this setting have any other light sources, like a street light or a lamp?" He asked her. "I see you drew a window to the side of a wall, but would this individual's hair be as lit up as the image makes it seem? Unless there actually is a lamp in the house, I would say the shading on the top of the hair could be dimmed a bit. Maybe have only a part of their face have a light shine on it from the window. It would be more accurate to the potential light we see, and it could evoke more emotions too--like this person is wearing a mask to conceal their face, yet they still desire to let someone know how they truly feel."

The embarrassment from his rumbling stomach let itself be known on his now-pink cheeks. The girl stifled a giggle and it soon became a laugh. While a part of him was a bit upset about the whole situation, he looked closely at his student. Things like this were going to happen as a teacher, and Fabrice needed to learn how to cope with it. No one was perfect and Fabrice especially needed a reminder like that sometimes. It took the girl a bit to stop, but when she did she dug around her backpack and handed the male some items. Two granola bars, a mini chocolate bar, and a handful of peppermint candies soon came to his hands, and the painter smiled warmly at the girl whose smile lit up his mood. "Your gifts are far too kind for me, but I still appreciate it nonetheless! Merci . . . Marsha, was it?" The male asked a bit quietly, certain that he was getting the name wrong. However, it was only the first day of class, and he didn't even know if he would actually stay around after the week, so he decided to take a deep breath and move on with himself.

"I honestly should have eaten while I had the chance, instead of sitting around worrying about how my life might go for me . . . it's not every day I can rely on generous students like yourself." He quietly laughed, covering his mouth when a snort left. "Ah, sorry. Surely I'm just a fool." He shook his head and gazed at the image one more time before gently placing his hand on the desk. His fingers slightly covered the girl's image, ensuring that he would have her attention for the next few seconds.

"If there's something you don't understand, or if you'd like more advice, feel free to raise your hand for me to come back around. Understand?" His tone inflected to indicate his friendliness and welcoming. He stood on his two feet, though he didn't move just yet. If the girl was fine without his help, he figured that she would simply say so. Until then, he took one of the peppermint candies and popped it in his mouth. He needed something to be in his stomach until the end of the day, and even if it was something small, it would still hold him over!

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

I THAT HAVE I CANS A Y GOOD-BYE !
tab tab HAVE TO MAKE IT RiGHT, HAVE TO FiGHT
'CAUSE I KN↺W IN THE END IT'S WORTHWHILE

tab tab Diamond District: School [classroom] tab tab A student [Marzia] tab tab A tad nervous, but mostly happy tab tab Merci ⇒ "Thank you" tab tab . . .

- royal sans rival -

twaitor's Darling

Lunatic

User ImageUser Image
User Image

xxƈօʍɛ ǟռɖ ȶǟӄɛ ǟ աǟʟӄ օռ ȶɦɛ աɨʟɖ ֆɨɖɛletmekissyouhardinthepouringrain

Things had been quiet since the historian's birthday, and that was a bit of a bummer. Of course she was over the moon spending the whole day with the charming little dancer named Shilo, there was no arguing that fact. It had been years since she'd enjoyed her birthday that much. They'd gone for cake and had spent the rest of the day partying. She'd seen her other red headed friend when they'd ended up at the tavern, but he managed to weasel his way out of joining the celebrations. A little disappointing, perhaps, but Shilo's dancing and all the drinking was more than a welcome alternative. It dawned on her that she always had more fun with red heads anyway, so maybe one day she'd be able to get the baker and the dancer together. Now there was a thought.

The days since her birthday seemed to level out in terms of excitement after that. Renee had been swamped with paper work, filing transfers and preparing things for the tours they'd had recently. It probably hadn't helped that she had skipped out on work for her birthday either. But she was aging and no one could fault her for trying to live her life to the fullest. It wasn't even as though she couldn't get the work done either. With a couple of shots and an early start, Renee Kildea could get anything done. But her workload was mostly self imposed and with, she believed, good reason. The museum itself had been uncharacteristically quiet lately. The tours were still happening, true, but not as frequently as they had in the summer months. Perhaps it was the cold temperatures or maybe people were just too busy preparing for the races. The fact of the matter was that things were quiet. Too quiet for Renee's liking.

It wasn't as though the museum would close or the others would lose their jobs. But they needed to be able to pay them somehow and the less traffic they had, the harder that would end up being. She rather liked the people she worked with, even the janitor, who didn't seem to like anyone, Renee included. She simply needed to find a way to get a little more bustle back into the museum. And so it was this dilemma that had her sorting through fliers and pamphlets that morning, preparing to take them down to the news station for a meeting. She'd cut the morning drinks to a measly two shots of bourbon and had dressed down for the visit. People in the museum may have been used to her revealing outfits and penchant for drinking, but she doubted the people at the station were. While the goal was indeed to get people into the museum, Renee really preferred the reason to be the museum itself and not the "Drunk Historian." Of course this didn't stop her from stashing a smaller bottle in her jacket for her coffee, but as long as she was careful, it wouldn't hurt her chances.

After a moment of gathering and preparing her pitch, the red head heaved a semi sober sigh. "This had better work. I can do anything, bourbon or no. Renee, you will not fail." A smile ghosted her features as she checked herself in the mirror of her office bathroom, but it was short lived. It was a half hearted pep talk and she really wasn't feeling peppy. Renee really did care about the museum and the people who worked there. They needed the place almost as much as she did. Her plan to drum up interest was half baked at best; history lessons weren't really a thing people went out of their way looking for. But those were issues she'd figure out when the time came. All she really needed right then and there was for someone at the station to hear her out. If she had to wink, wiggle, or dance her way to victory then she would. All she had to do was get her heel in the door.

The walk to the station was a little lengthy, and in the freezing cold Renee was really starting to regret not wearing a scarf. But she had to be alert and if anything, the cold would keep her sober enough to get the meeting started. A low groan escaped her as she shook snow out of her hair. "Why don't I ever think these things through? I'm not built for cold. Oh goddess I'm not built for cold!" She took long strides and cursed every snowflake that stuck to her chest. By the time she pushed open the doors to the news station, she was too sober and too damp for her liking. The wall of warmth Renee walked into was almost too sudden and she couldn't help standing still for a moment, soaking in it as she gave a content hum. "Hmmoooohkay. I think I'm good."

With renewed vigor (that she prayed wouldn't ware off), Renee walked to the front desk, her hair sticking in places to her face and neck. She looked like she desperately needed a drink, but held her head high even as the person sitting at the desk stared at her in concerned confusion. "Good day~ My name is Renee Kildea, I'm with the Houseki Historical Museum? I was scheduled for a meeting today at 1pm to discuss some promotion plans." Giving a somewhat seductive shrug, she smiled. "So here I am, right on time."

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
                                    ✘  ƈǟʊֆɛ ʏօʊ ǟռɖ ɨ, աɛ աɛʀɛ ɮօʀռ ȶօ ɖɨɛ

•location  ██ news station   •feeling  ██ sober/determined   •company  ██ no one special   •outfit  ██ pinstripes
                                Sailor Cencordia Magica
                                sorry for the wait! let me know if i need to add anything.

User ImageUser Image
o1. LOCATION┇ school
o2. COMPANYx principal hepson
o3. FEELINGx curiousUser Image

”H-huh?”

Maxie was dumbfounded.

”Che? I-I mean.. what? Really?” So.. this wasn’t about him getting into trouble a week before?

Maxie heaved a long sigh of relief. Oh, good. Now, here was to hoping that the principal forgot, or better yet, didn’t even know about said trouble. Now he just thought that what the police officer said might have just been a bluff.

He looked at the plate of cookies she seemed to be offering him, where he couldn’t help but blush slightly at the act. Giving them was one thing, but receiving was another. He had to admit, he was rather speechless. Maxie nodded his head in thanks, however his hands wound up grabbing two. He swore it was on accident.

In a bit of a panic, he also took a napkin with the second one, and began expertly wrapping the two of them, then setting the package into his jacket’s pocket for safekeeping. Oh, Maxie, where are your manners?

As if right on cue, he looked right back toward the principal and added, motioning toward the cookies, ”Th-thank you. Er.. f-for my sister. She likes them too.”

At the mention of Scarlet needing his help for something, he soon grew confused. Help? What would she ever need him for? Maxie tuned in for a bit, and his eyes glanced over the mass array of books Ms. Hepson seemed to be talking about. There were numerous stacks behind her desk, and surely.. it took more than one person to get them there to begin with. One thing was for certain though, his sister would have loved all of these books. There were numerous kinds from what he could see — from Shakespeare to dictionaries and language books.

So, if he understood her right, she just wanted him to move some books for her? That was easy enough! Plus, he got to skip class for that day.. not that he didn’t mind the art teacher, of course. Mr. Gibson seemed kind, and very informative. He just thought he’d leave the artsy stuff to his sister, and besides.. this was the perfect opportunity to skip some class. Henceforth, Maxie, the dunce of a delinquent, was finally making his appearance. At least he was putting his Herculean strength to some good use.

The boy grinned, giving her the “OK” symbol with his hands. ”Okay! T’is not a problem — I'd be more than happy to help!” There he was, doing the two of the only things he was capable of doing — lifting things and trying to be helpful.

He picked up one of the largest stacks of books without too much trouble, despite it still being a wee bit on the heavy side. Still, it was nothing he couldn’t handle. Like his aunt would always say, “Put some backbone into it!” Hopefully he wouldn’t break his first..

He looked back toward the principal, and asked, ”Um.. so, where would you like all of these?” Well, hopefully it was on the other side of the school. The more places he got to deliver the books to, the more of class he got to miss. ”Are they all going to one place?"

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image
                            Turn up the music, let´s get out on the floor
                            I like to move it, come and give me some more
                            Watch me getting physical and out of control
                            Theres people watching me, I never miss a beat

Shilo cocked her head a bit now listening to him, which, for the little dancer, was pretty amazing. Honestly, she was more of a talker than a listener, but this was her client. If she wanted to get him the best lessons possible, she would need to listen and get as much information out of him as she could. However, he wasn’t really giving her the information that she’d been looking for. He was mostly complaining about how he wouldn’t be any good and not having done it for years. Rolling her eyes, she grinned. “Don’t be so modest. With these guns,” she smiled with a wink, “there’s no way you won’t be a good dancer!” She shrugged. “Well that, and anyone can be a dancer if they try. She sort of had to say that. Some people just weren’t dancers, but Shilo thought, that if you really tried and loved dancing, then you couldn't go wrong, no matter how bad you were.

She rolled off his lap and back to her feet. Crossing her arms, she raised a brow. Let’s see. I can definitely get you in sometime next week. But where to dance…”[/b] She smirked in thought before snapping her fingers, an idea coming to her mind. “Why don’t we do it at the firehouse? There’s tons of space, so we’ll have the whole floor to our disposal! The thought of having more than an inn lobby to dance in made her heart flutter. Finally, real room to dance! “Alright. So next week, some evening. You can just let me know. Drop by the bar,” she grinned. “I’d love to see ya. That being said, let’s get to it. Stand up...Al.” Grabbing his hand with two of her, she yanked trying to pull him off of his seat. Though, she was fairly positive that he was the one doing all of the work in that situation.

“So what kinda girl is this Scarlet? Is she romantic? Cute? Fun? Doesn’t she like a little sassy or seduction,” she winked. “We have swing, a waltz, the tango, jitterbug. I kinda do it all. Oh! Maybe something more modern?” There she went again, doing more talking than listening. “What does she look like? Is she more heavy set? Not that that would really matter. Sure you can handle a little lift if ya need to. Is it one of those awkward hug situations or is it pretty even. Then I know where to place hands.” She paused and looked up at him. “Uh...So...yeah.” She laughed a bit embarrassed and ruffled her hair. “S-sorry. I just get a bit ahead of myself. Uh...go ahead and tell me about her.”

WHERE am i? x A bench
                            WHO am i with? x A hunky firefighter!
                            HOW do i feel? x What do ya say big guy?

My bodys aching - system overload.
                            Temperatures rising - Im about to explode
                            Watch me Im intoxicated - taking the show
                            It`s got me hypnotized, everybody step aside

Sailor Cencordia Magica

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

User Image
►◄LOCATION: Her Office
►◄THOUGHTS: I would love to have some help!
►◄COMPANY: Maxie
►◄OUTFIT: Outfit

Scarlet watched happily as Maxie began to snag her cookies, taking his fill before finally ending at what looked to be about 4 cookies. She hadn’t been really paying too much attention, after all, she didn’t mind him taking as much as he wanted. He was a growing boy after all! “It’s no problem. Please. Take as many as you like. I’m sure you’ll need to refuel after helping me.” She still felt a little bad about startling him, but he seemed to understand now that she’d only called him for help. Maybe she was being a bit “biased” against other students, she’d just chosen Maxie because she’d noticed him carrying around rather later boxes on his route every morning.

Smiling warmly, she nodded. “Well thank you very much! I appreciate it.” Going back to the books behind her desk, she knelt down looking at all the different titles. She had at first thought of hand delivering them. It would be so much more personal. That being said, that would take nearly all day. So, in the end, she decided that all of them would just be taken to the library where students and professors would be able to pick them up before their classes began. Turning to see him lifting so many books, she gasped and walked around him, reaching up and snagging a few from the top. She laughed softly. “You don’t need to take so many. It hadn’t even occurred to her that it wasn’t as heavy for him as it would have been for her. Picking up her own stack, it coming up to a bit past her chin, she started out her office door.

Turning to him as they walked, she nodded towards the end of the hall. “I would like to take all of them to the library. And, if there’s time, I would like to organize them to make it easier on the students.” Scar always wanted to go the extra mile, sometime she wondered if she was really liked though. Luci had always been a great principal. She’d never thought of herself as being the boss of anything. Even in her own relationship, she felt like the employee. Not in a bad way! Al was just so strong, and he had a take charge sort of feel. Scar just liked to please people. Probably why most people saw her as a push over.I’d hope we could possibly get it down by this afternoon. Would you mind working a bit through lunch? When I leave you could join me. Was she allowed to do that? Well, she was the principal, and if the boy was working so hard, why not take him out on a lunch?

- royal sans rival -
                                                          OOC: Hope it's okay!

Kilkyway's Datemate

Tipsy Lover

User ImageUser Image

The past few days for Andrea had been a blur. The girl was feeling down after her birthday. Not that it had been a total disaster but a certain red haired boy had totally missed it! She hadn't heard anything from him the day of. Or the day after. Or the day after that. Andi wasn't sure what to feel. Ashton was her semi kind of maybe boyfriend? They were more than friends but they weren't exactly dating at this point. Kind of. Well. It was complicated okay? The point was he missed her birthday. Which did seem like a childish thing to pout about but they were an almost thing! Sort of.

The real problem Andi was facing was the call she had gotten the day after her birthday. Her aunt was in the hospital. She had a dizzy spell and they didn't know what had caused it. They assured her it probably wasn't anything serious but Andi was still worried over it. So yeah. Her days had felt pretty stressful. Thankfully she had work to keep her mind off of things. That and prepping her home for the coming winter. She switched out all of her blankets and sheets for heavier winter ones and invested in a little space heater for her bathroom (the coldest room in her house). Canned soups and other assorted canned items were stocked up on just in case the snow got too bad and she even got a new library card.

The girl however was tired of sitting by herself feeling down. Other than getting some seriously needed house work done she didn't feel like she was doing much of anything. She was just going through the motions waiting to hear some news on her aunt. Andrea needed to get out and go do something. But what was there to do in the winter? Hmm. Perhaps a trip to the hot springs was in order? Andi was a tense mess but it could help her to relax and take her mind off of things. Checking her wallet she decided she had enough to splurge on a trip there.

Heading upstairs, Andi made sure she grabbed her towel and a few other things, stuffing them into a small carry bag. Making sure to dress warm, Andi bundled up tight before leaving her home. The snowflakes fell on Andi's nose making her shiver. This winter was definitely going to be a cold one. She couldn't wait to make it to the hot springs for a warm soak. She could almost feel the heat.

Eventually Andrea's legs brought her to the hot springs. Just in time too. The snow had begun seeping into the girl's shoes. She made a mental note to make sure she got better snow boots later. Andrea didn't waste time as she entered the building. She rushed to the locker room and got undressed quickly, hastily stuffing her stuff into the locker. Wrapping the towel around her body, the brown haired girl headed out to the springs. Sliding open the door Andrea hadn't noticed anyone else in the pool as she hopped right in, causing a large splash. Resurfacing, Andrea slicked back her hair from her eyes, and blinked a little. Finally noticing the other patron in the springs. It was Keiko Wakatsuki. All the color flushed from the girl's face.

"O-Oh. Miss Keiko. I didn't see you there! Please forgive me!" Andrea's face was red but not from the heat. Keiko was such a sophisticated and professional woman, surely not one to tolerate childish behavior as this. This was the second time she had made a fool of herself in front of the black haired woman. Would there ever be a third, she wondered briefly. Perhaps it would be better if the girl just left. She'd set go home and just never leave again. But she couldn't run from this punishment. She should at least stay for the lecture she was sure would come before adopting the hermit lifestyle. Andrea stood her ground and waited for the older woman to speak.

With: Keiko
                                            Thinking: 'I'm such a claude. ''
                                            OOC: {rustrustrustrust }

Sailor Cencordia Magica

Blessed Humorist

User ImageUser Image
WE aim FOR THE INVISIBLESTARS
THAT ARE SAID TO EXISTSOMEWHEREIN THE NIGHT SKY

.´¯`. .´¯`.´.´¯`..´¯`.´.´¯`. .´¯`.´

Luka had bombarded many questions on the blonde, a lot of them being rhetorical. He didn't expect her to try to respond to even half of them, but once he stopped talking, she began to speak again. Luka's suspicions had been confirmed--the girl was new to town, and from his guess, she needed to get a couple of things in the general store. From what she said, she was an intern at the town news station. "You have to associate yourself with the Leppy, then? Sorry about that." He offered fake consolation to the girl. From the few times Luka actually saw the red-haired male, his temper was as fiery as his hair and he had a tendency of swearing in every sentence he spoke. Living with him could not have been an easy feat. "Personally, I'd hate being locked up in a room all day, doing nothing but reading . . . words. This probably means nothing, though, from a guy who's not even in school." He waved his hand nonchalantly.

The girl sounded proper and cold, and Luka almost wanted to say that she had nothing more to offer. Almost. What made him stop was the girl introducing herself as Brett Willowson. Man, she even used the full name and everything! She must be a bit old-fashioned to some extent. What she called him, though, had him burst into laughter. "Farm boy? Don't make me laugh. I work with animals, not plants!" Would she even know that he was a rancher? He didn't know. On one hand, she seemed a bit sheltered from the country, but on the other hand, she was pretty smart for someone her age. Perhaps this could be a test for her--if she could identify his occupation from one (rather unsubtle, albeit) clue, then maybe she would be worth his time. "I'm only here 'cause I need to get stuff for the house. Ya know, food and maybe more blankets. This cold weather is the worst--I'd skip ahead to summer if I could." he crossed his arms and pouted. The brunet was never going to stop complaining about the cold weather, especially since it proved to be a large source of a lot of his illnesses.

It took him another few moments before he truly looked ahead of him. The girl had her hand held out, and here was Luka rambling on about other things! He shook it firmly with a pink tint on his cheeks. "Oh, whoops! I'm not used to this formal greeting stuff. The name's Luka. Luka Abbadelli, if you really care about more words to remember. It seems to be in your profession," he winked at her. He couldn't tell if the girl was getting more playful with him, though at the very least, she didn't seem annoyed with him yet. That was a step in the right direction, as far as he was concerned. If she didn't want to play around anymore, he figured she'd have enough gall to simply tell him. Luka wasn't going to know--or care--otherwise.

She seemed a little absorbed in their meeting, and Luka decided to ask her another question. "So how long have you been in town, Farfalla?" If Luka had to guess, it would only be for about a week or so, but hey, there's a reason why he asked! While striking conversation with her, Luka decided to use it as an opportunity to play around some more. With his free hand he swiftly but quietly moved over to one of her pockets, noting an item of some sort being stuck in it. His fingers started to grab it, and slowly he started to pull it out of her pocket . . .

.´¯`. .´¯`.´.´¯`..´¯`.´.´¯`. .´¯`.´

TO THE DIRECTION OF TURBULENT TIME
WE ALWAYS STRETCH OUR HANDS
TOWARDS THE FUTURE

tab tab tab Close to the general store tab tab tab Butterfly-Brooch [Brett] tab tab tab Sneaky and friendly, curious tab tab tab I hope this is fine! By the way, "Farfalla" is the Italian word for "Butterfly", and that will probably end up be his nickname for her. And the choice is up to you, Cuppi, for Luka's attempted theft!

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

LOCATION: General Store THOUGHTS: WHAT THE HELL!? COMPANY: Luka OUTFIT: This

Leppy? She wasn't exactly sure what he was talking about. Raph...leppy? Oh. Could he possibly mean leprechaun? Well wasn't that an amusing comparison. To be honest...he wasn't completely wrong. She had no where to bash him on height, seeing he was still taller than herself; however, when next to other men, he did fall a bit short. Not to mention he had the fiery red hair and drinking habits of an Irishman. How funny. Seems like this boy knew just about as much as she did about him. Maybe more. "Well, I wouldn't say it's horrible. But, I do often feel like a mother when I'm around the house. I try to keep him from the fridge before noon. I'm always worried he'll show up to work in a blanket....again." She sigh and shook her head trying to remember the day his lovely niece had arrived only to meet her uncle in his birthday suit.

When he went on to talk about hating reading and not being in school, she smiled slightly. "Well, I don't think the amount of school you've had maters. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders." That coming from the top student in her class. From the girl that graduated early. But, she was speaking the truth. Luka seemed smart enough. Not everyone had to be a genius. Plus, not all people were lucky enough to go to a school like she had. It seemed the topics just seemed to keep shifting. "Oh. I didn't mean to offend. I guess I just don't know much about agriculture," she started simply. She figured animals and plants just came with the farm. She didn't really know that there were farmers who only planted and those who only raised animals. Wouldn't he be called a rancher then? She would have thought he would have corrected her if so.

"Oh yes. I agree with skipping to summer. Though winter is a lovely season, I do love my sun. I'm actually going to be a lifeguard this summer at the beach. But, at the moment, I'm just an editor." Just an editor. Inside, she was actually excited to hold that title. But, on the outside. She was chill as could be. Taking his hand in hers, she nodded at his name. "Very nice to meet you Luka. You seem like a very well grounded kind of guy." Was that what people said? Yeah. Seemed like something someone might say. She shifted slightly at his question now trying to remember. "I suppose it's been a bit over a week. It has seemed like much longer, though I would have to blame my "roommate" for that. Sometimes I wonder who the adult is in the house. I'm sure you understand, you seem to-."

She paused catching an arm that wasn't hers down near her belt line. Quickly reaching down, she snatches his wrist and in one swift movement, she had him on the ground, now sitting on his chest. Looking down at him, she suddenly stopped now blushing softly. "I-i"m sorry! I thought you were....wait...what WERE you doing? Why were you....why were you touching my butt," she glared. A pervert? She hadn't really taken him as that. But, guess you couldn't judge a book by their cover.

Sailor Cencordia Magica

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces