Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blessed Humorist

User Image
      User Image
I HAVETO TOBREAKxF R E E
tab tab FROM THETHOUG HTSIN MY MIND
USE THE TIME I THAT HAVExI THAT HAVExI THAT HAVE

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

The man's eyes lit up as soon as the tan farmer opened the door. She seemed so happy to see the artist, and her words for him only made his smile brighter. Visiting her reminded him of the simple times when he visited his mothers, and how no matter the circumstances around their difficult lives, they were still very happy to see him come home from school . . . His chest ached at the realization, though warmth filled him at the blanket Kaitlyn wrapped him in. She soon let go of him though, asking him about what he did moments earlier. Fabrice blushed and ran a hand through his hair. "Oh! Uh . . . yeah, I did. I guess I didn't do a good job of drying my hair out, didn't I?" He slightly laughed. Of course, it didn't help that it was snowing outside a bit and a lot of it probably got onto his hair, dampening it even more. But that didn't change the fact that Fabrice could probably stand to take care of himself a bit more . . .

She coaxed him inside, and at her request Fabrice nodded. He walked through the door, kicking his shoes off at the entrance. The farmer talked about her heater, and Fabrice shook her head at her comments. "It's okay, Kait! I'm sure your blankets are more than warm enough for the season, yes? Just as long as you're keeping yourself warm through some method," he smiled warmly at the farmer. The farmer was definitely smart enough to take care of herself, but he still worried over his friends; it was essentially a second nature to him. Before he knew it, Kaitlyn took her blanket and threw it over his shoulders, soon adding a towel for Fabrice's wet hair as well. He thanked her for her hospitality and then tried to follow her advice of keeping himself warm. The woman placed three mugs on the table and took one for herself, explaining to him that one cup had hot chocolate while the other had coffee. He smiled and grabbed for a cup, blowing the steam that was born from the liquid. "Either sounds good right now! I'll just take one at random and drink it. I don't mind a bit of surprise once in a while."

Of course, being a nice woman that Kaitlyn was, it didn't take long for her to show her true colors to Fabrice. She mentioned not seeing any new paintings in the museum, and that alone was enough to leave him frozen in place. Her comments on his appearance left him in deep thought: "So clean and rough . . . like a new sheet of sandpaper, huh." The male had been rambling, mostly to himself. He hadn't really thought of much regarding his appearance lately; all he thought was that he needed to feel less gross, hence his earlier shower. He had been under a lot of stress, most which was caused by his own doing, but he still didn't give himself time to think how he was appearing. His art was the most important aspect about him, and everything else didn't hold as much water as his oil pastels did.

Fabrice placed his drink to the side, hugging his knees to his chest. The farmer placed her butt on the ground, seeming to join him in his state of self-confusion. His eyes stared at his kneecaps while the farmer commented on his appearance more. Her words about his clean hands stabbed him, even if he knew that all she wanted was to help him. "I-it's not like I'm avoiding my job . . ." He started, his voice quivering. "For the past week I've been in my room, trying to think of ideas on what I could paint next. It just seems like everything I've done has already been done a million times before. Not only by myself, but by other artists who exist in this world." The male took a moment to remove his glasses from his face, and placed them next to his cup. "I guess I'm feeling a lot of hesitation . . . What can I do that would be a 'Fabrice' painting? I've been struggling to find the answer to that for a while."

His eyes widened at a bout of self-realization. "I know none of this sounds troubling, and I'm probably making a big deal over nothing. But even so . . . I wish I could do more for the people in Houseki Meadows."

He wiped the small tears that filled the corners of his eyes. "Even with all this, though . . . I'm glad I can be honest with you, Kaitlyn. I can't even count the amount of times you've helped me out through times like this." It made the male feel comforted knowing that even in his worst moods, he still could trust Kaitlyn to support him. He wondered if he could be as honest with his other friends as he could with Kaitlyn . . . the answer seemed to be no. It had taken him a while for him to open up to the farmer like this. His own self-loathing and inhibition wouldn't allow him to open up to anyone else very easily. Even with as long as he'd known the farmer, a part of him still felt that he was wasting her time, though the woman made it easier for him to ignore his self-loathing for a while.

In the back of his mind he was trying to think of ways to repay the woman for the kindness she had always shown him, and the patience that was by far her most dazzling trait. Surely he couldn't hold a candle to someone like her, even if he was trying his best.

I THAT HAVE I CANS A Y GOOD-BYE !
tab tab HAVE TO MAKE IT RiGHT, HAVE TO FiGHT
'CAUSE I KN↺W IN THE END IT'S WORTHWHILE

tab tab Amethyst District: Farm tab tab Kaitlyn tab tab Nervous, Frustrated and a bit upset tab tab French ⇒ "English" tab tab . . .

Your Missing Period

IRL Ladykiller

User Image
User Image
where Amethyst District:Home -||- with: Fabrice!

"Hmm." A hum of thought, listening to his words. The poor child looked much more stressed while speaking than his initial appearance let on. The hard skin was still there, where he held his paintbrushes, so Kaitlyn had to wonder how many times Fabrice had started a painting only to trash it or leave it unfinished. Was that even in his personality, or did he just hold the brush and stare at a blank canvas, waiting for inspiration to hit, knuckles white at the end of the day when nothing appeared? Her chin was resting on her covered knees, brows knit in worry as he vented his feelings.

"Fabrice, honey," She scoot closer, patting his shoulder with her blanket covered hand. "If it's a big deal to you, it's a big deal, that's all there is too it. Art is your life, and you're in a slump, that's a big deal. But you know what else that is?" She hugged him, mindful of his drink, "it's perfectly normal, and you have every right to stress, but if you stress too much, it makes it that much harder to find the answer." she stroked his hair, bringing him into her her little cocoon of warmth. She had to think of where to start her words of half-assed wisdom. Be supportive, Kait, be the mother your mother was, minus the nosiness. "As much as I complain about winter, I actually really love it. D'you know why? It's because I get time to myself. If I farmed twenty-four hours a day seven days a week three hundred and sixty-five days a year, I'd hate it. I'd absolutely lose my motivation and energy to farm and serve the people of Houseki. I put love and energy into all my plants you know, so that when they eat they're happy with what they put in their stomachs. You are so much like that, so much hard work and energy and dedication into your work to put emotions of tranquility or the rage of a storm in people with your work, but honey, you've been at it too much." She let go, looking back at him again. "You need to take care of yourself, go experience beach festivals instead of just painting them, go take a dip in the hot springs! Winter is the best time to visit. Hell, you could even paint emotions you feel, go abstract, angrily throw colors on the canvas or blob the colors of boredom on it."

She cupped his face, stroking the wetness underneath his eyes very gently, not wanting to disturb his glasses too much. "Every painting you paint is a Fabrice painting, kid. You are an original Fabrice painting, you have painted your own life to this point. Sure there's, millions and billions of other artists who have done similar landscapes over and over, but who cares? I don't go 'oh Fabrice painted this but I saw Joe Schmoe paint it on mainland' I go '********, there's two amazing paintings of the trees by the shrine' because they invoke two very different emotions despite being the same place. I'm getting off track though."

She sighed, trying to think where she was going with this, rolling her hand slowly before it came back. "That's right. You are Fabrice Gibson-Provencher and you are absolutely amazing, and your paintings are amazing. Do you know why? Because there is only one of you, no one else can see the world like you do, the colors, the textures. There could be a million different painters at the New years festival but I can promise you there will be a million different paintings about it. You're in a slump and that's okay. That's perfectly okay, Fabrice. Take a break, walk around, wait for your brain to go 'huh, that looks nice.' She stroked his face before fixing his hair, giving a small laugh. "I could do a painting if you'd like, it won't be great, and it'd be messy because I can barely color in the lines of a coloring book, but you're not the only painter. Maybe give painting classes while you wait for your inspiration to hit you again. When your inspiration hits though it is going to be wonderful, but you do need a break Fabrice. Get out of your room, walk around."

She sniffed and reached for her mug, pausing. "Oh! I forgot your soup I'm sorry! Think on my words while I go get it! Don't leave until you've at least eaten! You're skinny for a reason you know!" She trotted back to the kitchen, opening the lid of the pot and sniffing, stirring it a moment before taste-testing. Still warm. Good. She took out a bowl and poured him some, hoping her advice was good. She got off topic a lot, what did she want to tell him? That he was amazing and he shouldn't worry about being in a slump. Yes good did she deliver that? The farmer tried to think over her words. Kaitlyn was... pretty sure.... she said those things. Maybe not all at once....

"Did I make sense, though? Or was I babbling?" and sat down again, setting the bowl of soup next to the third, unclaimed mug.

Sailor Cencordia Magica

twaitor's Darling

Lunatic

User Image
User Image   
                                                      ɑяє yoυ ɑт ɑʟʟ haunted вy мємoяɪєs ρɑsт?
                                                      ɑяє yoυ яєɑɗy тo мɑкє тнɪs one вяєɑтн yoυя LAST

╔══════════════

Ariel gave a slight sound of approval in response to Maxie's inquiry about the cafe, though he kept moving. It had to be warmer for the other male than standing out in the snow and looking distressed, right? As they neared the door, Maxie mentioned Mr. Cat not being allowed inside and though it surprised him to note that Maxie had noticed the cat at all, Ariel's face fell at the thought of the feline being banned. He knew the male's words were true enough; he'd snuck Mr. Cat in once before, but it had only been for a minute or two and the red haired man at the register had been suspicious. Frowning, he almost didn't catch the taller male's mention of a pet and for a moment he was distracted with the thought of what kind it was. Ariel liked most animals, they were kind, cuddly and easier to talk to than most humans were. He wasn't really sure why that was, honestly, but it was certainly true.

After a moment with his brow furrowed, Maxie turned towards Ariel with a look of triumph and he tilted his head a little in confusion. If he had to venture a guess, Maxie had probably figured something out, but he wasn't so sure he was on board just yet. What if the mail boy's plan was to ditch Mr. Cat out in the cold until they returned? He opened his mouth with a small sound of protest before Maxie handed him his thermos back and a sudden spark of worry shot up his chest; maybe he had caused Maxie problems by dragging him there. But the blue haired male had been nothing but nice so far, so that couldn't have been it, could it? Ariel was about to ask when Maxie's hands brushed against his hair and face as he reached for the cat burrowed in his hood; he had to fight the urge to smack him away and the overwhelming guilt at the thought that followed.

It seemed Maxie was only trying to help Mr. Cat so that he wouldn't be thrown out into the cold by the workers in the cafe. But it was the touching. Something about people touching him was scary and though it affected him more than he liked, it happened all the same. It had been that way when Fabrice and Ms. Kalina had helped him during his birthday too. They were only trying to be nice, they'd already been so nice to him by bringing him a cake. But when the painter had held his hand under the faucet that night, he'd felt that way too. Terror mixed with guilt. They were nice people, good people. Maxie was too, wasn't he? He wanted to keep Mr. Cat warm, placing the fidgeting animal into his bag and poking his tail until it was well hidden and smiling at him. Why did Ariel always have to be that way to the people who were nice to him? Why did he have to be that way at all?

He gave a small frustrated sigh as Maxie opened the door and allowed him to walk inside. The plan had been for him to do something nice for the man, but so far Maxie had been the one doing all the nice things for him. When they were brought to their table, Ariel sat and watched intently as Maxie placed the bag containing his feline companion next to him. Hesitantly he slipped his hand inside to check on the cat and was greeted with a small sleepy purr. A smile returned to his face for a moment before Ariel returned his attention to the man seated across from him.

A look of slight shock passed over his face as Maxie spoke and he made a small noise of discontent. He'd been talking a lot and still seemed a little bothered, but offered to pay for Ariel's meal even so. He didn't need to do that, that hadn't been the point of Ariel bringing him to the cafe. He didn't want to make it seem like he'd dragged the poor mail carrier to the cafe just to guilt a free meal out of him. He shook his head and tried to find the words to express what he wanted Maxie to know. If he could do it than so could Ariel. At least, he hoped he could. "Chocolate was...Everybody likes chocolate. Plus, chocolate is...the chemicals are....it's supposed to...to..." He was frowning again, but he supposed at least Maxie wasn't stuck with his usual blank look and that was sort of good, right? Waving his hand a bit, he tried again. "Help. Help make you happy." The smile that came after that statement had been purely accidental and for a moment he hadn't noticed he'd actually been smiling. But it disappeared almost as soon as it had come, replaced with a slight redness on his face and a look of thoughtful confusion.

Ariel had to admit, while dealing with other people was still as difficult as ever it was enjoyable when they were as nice as Maxie, Fabrice, and Ms. Kalina. They didn't judge him or make fun of him or throw things at him. He smiled a lot more than he was used to, that had to be good. It was at the very least normal, and Ariel couldn't really complain. But it didn't make it any less confusing. Why couldn't he be that way all the time, like they were? Was it a bad thing that he wasn't? Did it upset people? Was that why it was so hard for people to like him? After a few seconds he tried to shake the thoughts off. It was rude to get that distracted when he was with other people and he didn't want to cause Maxie any more trouble.

Maxie had mentioned treating the guide and Ariel needed to address that suggestion as soon as possible. "No." That probably deserved a better explanation. "Not for me. The...it's..." Conversations in busy places were proving to be far more difficult than he expected. "For you. This is...for you. I...I can--I was going to..." Finally he gave a slight groan of dismay. Between the sounds of people in the cafe talking and his usual uselessness with the english language, he was barely managing whole sentences. The place wasn't even that loud, but it was a conversation he hadn't practiced or needed to memorize and his thoughts were all over the place. After a moment or two, Ariel took a deep breath and placed his hands on top of Maxie's as he looked up at him. He tried to ignore the small spike of of terror; he was still wearing his gloves and that made it infinitely easier to focus on the person in front of him instead of his own irrational fear.

Right. Whole sentences. He could do it. As long as he blocked out all of the cafe's chatter he could. He hoped. "This..uhm. Cafe. Trip? Is for you. So...so you don't look miserable." Ariel flinched a little, Maxie probably didn't appreciate being called miserable. "Or...upset? Before. You seemed..." Ariel's gaze trailed down and he slid his hands back into his own lap before giving a nervous shrug. "Worried. And cold." He was distracted again when the waitress came to take their orders, and it took him a moment to settle on a chai tea and pie. He was surprisingly not in the mood for real food but he figured he had to order something other than tea.

As the woman walked away, the bag next to him wiggled and Ariel reached in to calm Mr. Cat a little. It was certainly a warm and cozy place, but he wondered if the cat was getting restless. He hoped not, the last thing he wanted was to get Maxie into trouble or have Mr. Cat thrown out. The thought of his feline friend reminded him of something the mail carrier had mentioned on their way in and immediately he looked up at Maxie again. "Happy. Who is he? Is...is he your cat?" Ariel hummed for a moment as he looked down at the bag. "Does...he fit in there too?"

══════════════╝

ɪs yoυя cнєsт so heavy yoυ'яє яєɑɗy тo ʟєɑvє?
                                                        oя ɑяє yoυ Јυsт нoρɪиɢ тнɑт soмєoиє ѡɪʟʟ GRIEVE

ℓσcαтισи   cafe ғєєℓιиɢ   nervous/determined cσмραич   mr. cat & mr. cat smuggler [maxie]
                                                        _
                                                        pachirisu tiramisu
                                                        tfw ariel was so determined i skipped dinner to write this
                                                        oops

Kilkyway's Datemate

Tipsy Lover

User Image

Light snowfall gently dusted the town of Houseki Meadows as well as the broad shoulders of one Mordecai as he briskly made his way into town. He shivered in his jacket, not quite a fan of this whole winter ordeal. He much rather preferred spring and summer like his mother. They were less depressing and there was always more to do. In winter he never felt like leaving his home or even his bed really. But at least there was hot chocolate. Possibly one of the best hot beverages ever invented. He made a mental note to pick up some more when he returned home later.

For now the Librarian had more important matters to attend to. Top secret library matters that held the world peace in the balance! Well, not really. He was just delivering some books to the school. The principle had requested to borrow some books from the library that they didn't have at the school and Mordecai had volunteered to deliver them himself. The library would be closed for another two hours so he didn't have much else on his schedule for now. Plus he was very interested in meeting with Scarlet. After all she was dating one of his very best friends.

Arriving at the school, Mordecai stood in the entryway and dusted the snow from himself, stomping his boots clean before actually entering the school. He didn't want to track in anymore snow than he had to, lest some kid slipped in the puddles he left. Winter was a very dangerous season.

Heading to the main office he stood there for a while, not sure what to do or where exactly to go. It was empty in the office but surely there was a secretary somewhere around here, right? Perhaps she was out on some business or another. Whatever the case Mordecai still didn't want to be late for his meeting. The principle's office was connected right by the main office. Would it be so bad if he walked in unannounced? Of course Scarlet knew he was coming, she was the one that had called him, but what if she was busy with some pressing school matters? There was one way to find out.

"Knock, knock." Mordecai announced as he opened the door slightly, not fully entering the room. "I'm sorry if this is a bad time but there wasn't anybody out there and I wasn't sure on what to do but, um, yeah." Hopefully she didn't think him too brash for barging in like this. He definitely didn't mind waiting longer if she had to finish up some business. He'd make sure to find a way to apologize later if he had managed to offend her.

⊰L O C A T I O N⊱
    {School}
    ⊰P E O P L E⊱
    {Scarlet}
    ⊰F E E L I N G⊱
    {Nervous}
    ⊰O O C⊱
    {. . .}

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Conversationalist 100
    User Image

LOCATION: News Statition THOUGHTS: She seems nice and normal COMPANY: Raph and Marzia OUTFIT: Navy blue pants and a cute patterned sweater

Brett was already up and out of the shower and back into her room. Her mentor on the other hand was sleeping like a baby. Of course. She'd sort of grown a customed to his behavior, but she still couldn't get over the feeling that she was living with a high schooler. Shaking her head, she brushed through her hair quietly before pulling it up into a high pony tail. Stepping towards her smaller closet, she peeked out the window, and smirked seeing the snow on the ground. Winter had arrived. Darn. Summer was just her season. A season on the beach. But, she would just have to survive it. It would hopefully be over before she knew it. Finding some dark navy pants, she pulled them on and found a nice cute, but dressy patterned sweater to finish the look off. Causal, but somewhat professional. It looked a whole lot better than what Raph usually showed up in.

As if right on cue, she heard the man yelling at her from the kitchen that he was ready to go. Ready? Had he even showered or changed? Had he been faking sleep the whole time. Peeking out from her room, her eyes grew slightly as she opened her mouth to detest only to be met with his back side heading towards the door. "Damn it," she cursed under her breath growling. What the hell was he wearing? Was he stupid? ...Was he drunk? All very plausible possibilities, and she would never put it past him to go to work hungover. At this point, there wasn't really much she could do. Huffing, she slipped on her shoes and yanked on her jacket hurriedly before following him out. Never had she seen the man so determined to get to work. Something was a little off today. And, it wasn't just because he was going to work in basically his underwear and comforter.

As they entered the station, Brett let out a sigh of relief. At least here, she had others that were working around her that actually wanted to be at work...and dress up...in anything but their underwear. However, she noticed a new face to the office. One about her age. Maybe a bit younger. She would know soon enough, seeing Raph walk right up to her and introduce her as his niece. That poor poor girl. Look. Raph was a good guy, but...underwear. Shaking her head, Brett held out her hand with a warm smile. "Very nice to meet you Marzia. That's a lovely name. As he said, my name is Brett." Glancing to Raph, she raised a brow at his mention of cat fights and rolled her eyes. "I doubt this girl and I will have anything to fight about. She seems nice." As Raph continued on about his niece, Brett was almost a bit shocked. It wasn't often she saw a soft side to Raph. It was a nice change.

Though it sounded more like teasing, she knew he cared. Catching onto his attempts to speak with her and have her open up, she looked back to the blue haired girl. "Have you lived here long? I don't think I've seen you around. Then again, I'm fairly new myself. I just graduated high school not long ago."

l Sailor Centaurus l

pachirisu tiramisu

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Conversationalist 100
    User Image

User Image
    ►◄LOCATION: Teacher's lounge
    ►◄THOUGHTS: I hope I'm not keeping you.
    ►◄COMPANY: JD
    ►◄OUTFIT: Outfit

Things had been a little hectic ever since the fire. However, one thing that kept her going was the new found relationship between herself and the fire fighter. Every time she thought about it, her heart just seemed to flutter, and her cheeks became flushed. She was just so lucky. She couldn't complain when she had something so great in her life. So, she tried to keep her hectic school life and her...someone hectic home life separate. Normally, she would be able to keep everything at home in her filing cases; however, those had gone along with everything else in her home. So, she had to pretty much keep every ounce of paper work in her tiny office. Not only that, but Lucy, the previous principle, hadn't really done much to keep things in place. Some files were too old while others just didn't make sense. So, she'd had to take everything out and start to refile it all again.

It didn't help that her morning had started out a bit crazy with some of the students needing assistance with a few other office members. Though she was happy with her new position, she really had no idea how much of a step up principle was from vice principal. It was pretty crazy. Letting out a soft sigh as things seemed to be calming down, she entered her office as the school bell rang. Shuffling through papers, a few fell to the ground. Barely hearing JD enter the office, she gasped and managed to clunk her head on her desk before popping up, a few strands of hair falling down from her pony tail and laying over her face. Laughing a bit embarrassed, she shook her head quickly trying to reassure him that it was quite alright. "No no! You're fine. I just lost track of time." Walking over to him, she glanced back at her mess of any office. "Why don't we do this from the teachers lounge."

Kindly nudging him out, she lead him out the office doors and down the hall to the lounge. Peeking in, she nodded. "Looks like we have it to ourselves for the time being," she smiled softly. Letting him take a set, she walked over to the counter and turn. "Is there anything you'd like to drink or maybe snack on. We have a few things I've bought while at the store. I just think you'd get hungry throughout the day. I don't want people to be starving," she laughed softly. With a soft sigh, she walked back over to him while waiting for him to answer. "Again, thank you for coming over. I'm sorry you had to trudge through the snow. I hope it wasn't too cold for you." Looking down at her own dress with black leggings underneath and boots, she shrugged. "I suppose I'm not properly dressed either." Shaking her head, she sat next to him. "I'm sorry. I'm dancing around the point of this meeting. I'm sure you're very busy, and I'm holding you up."

Grim Fatale
    User ImageUser Image
    o1. LOCATION┇ cafe
    o2. COMPANYx ariel and his cat (shh!)
    o3. FEELINGx thankful/happyUser Image

Well, Maxie surely hadn't been expecting coming to the cafe that day, especially with him being the reason for the other's sudden impulse to take him there. ”Huh, for me..?” he asked, his brows furrowing in confusion. What did he mean?

Still confused, Maxie released the clasp of the thermos' lid before he took a small sip of it. It was given to him from the male before him and one he didn't be rude, and second.. who didn't love hot chocolate? ”Well.. you’re right about the hot chocolate though. I really do feel a lot better,” he said while he fixed the cap on the thermos to keep the heat trapped inside. ”To be honest, it’s one of my favorite things. Zia would make it for me and Mar-mar when we were kids just like my mom used to, so you can definitely say it means a lot to me.”

Maxie sat there awhile watching Ariel trying to get his own words together, seeming to struggle with it. He waited there patiently, not minding in the slightest all the while waiting to hear a response. He was surprised though when he felt Ariel’s thickly-gloved hands over his own which managed to catch him off guard. His eyes slowly looked back toward his company’s in question.

”A-ah? Oh, no! I-I mean, I’m fine, really!” he said hurriedly, a faint pink flush running against his the sides of his face. A part of Maxie began fumbling internally that due to his transparency with his emotions he’d caused someone he didn’t really know to worry about him, and he felt earnestly guilty for it. ”I’m.. really okay,” he began, his fingers beginning to fiddle with the cap of the thermos again in his train of thought, ”maybe I am a bit worried..? For Mar-mar, I mean. She’s my sister though I guess I can’t help but be a bit worried. Should I be..? She seems tired.. especially lately. I-I know I’ll bother her if I ask though I know she can handle herself but I-” He stopped himself from saying anything more and nearly jumped in his seat as he realized he’d been rambling for way too long. Some part of him was at ease, especially to the point of him talking honestly with the other male before him. Now all he was was embarrassed since he didn’t think anyone would’ve wanted to hear him going off about something they probably weren’t interested in and now he was right back where he started about feeling guilty.

He then leaned and slumped forward, covering his face with his hands in embarrassment. ”I’m really sorry! Here you are being so nice to me and I’m just.. ah, saying a bunch of weird things. I’m sorry.”

He straightened up slightly despite his self-condemnation, only then remembering about the other’s concern for him being cold when they first ran into each other. ”You don’t have to worry though, I’ll be fine! Us Tiamos are.. what do you call it? Forte.. ah, strong!” The bag he carried showed it all. It was heavy for most people, though to him it felt only like around a few pounds. Fifteen, at most.

”Though, well.. thanks so much for your concern and kindness toward me. It means a lot, really,” Maxie smiled, honestly grateful for his company’s hospitality toward him. He’d never really been treated as such before, especially from a (nearly) complete stranger such as Ariel. It meant a lot to him, and that alone made him happy.

Speaking of which..

Happy. ”Oh, Happy’s my dog! My zia gave him to us when we first came here. He’s not too big- maybe the size of your cat in there?” He hushed himself up and looked around, hoping that no one heard that he had said anything about an animal in the cafe. Nope. The coast was clear. ”Maybe you can come and see him some time! He’s like a best friend to me and we’re always together. Er.. except for today,” he laughed. Maxie’d left his dog at home that day since it was a bit chilly out that morning, not to mention his aunt would have known he wasn’t at school if he’d tagged along and would have shown no mercy.

With his attention back toward Ariel, he pointed toward the bag on the seat across from him. ”What about you and your..? he gestured, again, not wanting to mention anything about the cat inside the public place. ”Does he have a name?”

[Zol_the_Grim_Reaper]

[ ooc: I don't like hot chocolate. Sorry to disappoint you, Maxie. [/ugly sobs] ]

twaitor's Darling

Lunatic

User Image
    User Image   
                                                        ɑяє yoυ ɑт ɑʟʟ haunted вy мємoяɪєs ρɑsт?
                                                        ɑяє yoυ яєɑɗy тo мɑкє тнɪs one вяєɑтн yoυя LAST

╔══════════════

Ariel gave Maxie a firm nod at the mention of the hot chocolate making him feel better, though it surprised him to find out that it meant that much to him. He hadn't expected that honestly, and he tried to keep the look of shock to a minimum. This was good though, surprising or not it made him happy to know that it was something Maxie personally enjoyed. Some people weren't fans of the stuff and he was probably not the greatest maker of it either but if it brought the mail carrier joy than he was content. Ariel was more a fan of tea than anything, but cocoa was a good alternative when he was in a hurry. Perhaps that morning's fiasco had its purpose after all.

A slight frown passed over Ariel's face when Maxie apologized for talking about what it was that had been bothering him. Making his guest uncomfortable had been the last thing Ariel had wanted, but if he was truly worried about his sister perhaps talking about it would help. So why was it that he felt the need to apologize? His mouth was open before he thought better of it. "Why...are you saying sorry? It's....mm..." Ariel shook his head a little, disappointed in his constant inability to speak to humans in full sentences. He took a small breath and tried again. "I like it. Listening. To you talk. 's fine." That was a normal thing to say, right? It was certainly true and he honestly didn't mind listening at all. Having to respond was where he struggled, but Maxie didn't seem to mind that about him either. The least he could do was let the other male speak his mind freely.

He watched his companion for a moment, trying to think of a way to help him with his worry. Ariel had never formally met either sibling so he knew about as much of this Mar-mar as he did of Maxie, and that wasn't much. Was she anything like he was? They'd looked a lot alike when he'd seen them together, and Maxie had said that the two were indeed twins. But that didn't really mean anything personality wise, did it? The two could have been complete opposites. But judging by the way Maxie fretted over her, he hoped she was at least as nice as Maxie was. "Maybe....you could do something...like something nice." Looking up at Maxie, he titled his head thoughtfully. "Maybe...it could help. Maybe with....very little talking. If, uhm...if that worries you. The...the talking."

Maxie mentioned that the cold didn't bother him and Ariel made a small noise of dismay. It was hard to believe anyone was strong enough to withstand the terrible cold. Maybe it was that he wasn't built for the stuff, but Ariel thought that was ridiculous. Still, looking at Maxie, he did seem somewhat unaffected by it. Meanwhile, every time the door to the cafe opened, Ariel could feel himself shudder, the wind cutting straight through his sweater and coat. Snow was pretty but the cold was terrible. In comparison though, Maxie was certainly built differently. He was taller and obviously had more on him than just Ariel's skin and bones. Maybe he really was just made for the weather. He couldn't help but envy the mail carrier a little.

Another thing that intrigued him now that his mind had veered in that direction was Maxie's speech. He'd done it earlier too, using words that sounded familiar but that Ariel didn't know. Even his last name was the same way. "Forte. Forte? Fuerte." Ariel started mumbling as his mind wandered. "Tiamo. Ti amo. Te amo. Sig...Signoire?" That last one was hard. He gave a small noise of confusion as he continued to mull over the words. The language sounded familiar, a lot like spanish but not quite. He'd managed to pick up a little working with an older spanish couple years ago, so though he knew virtually nothing, it was enough to recognize an obvious difference. The way Maxie spoke wasn't quite the same. There were differences in pronunciation and certain letters sounded completely different. "Zia...?"

What did that one mean? Maxie used it often enough. "What is that?" It was a dumb question, probably in need of a better explanation. "What....is a zia?" It dawned on his for a moment that he sounded like a child; he couldn't help being curious. Obscure information intrigued him. But he relented in his rambling long enough to shake his head, his face going a funny shade of red. He was probably irritating Maxie, wasn't he? "Nev...nevermind. Don't....don't need to tell me. 's fine." Ariel fidgeted for a minute or two, he desperately needed to change the subject. Where was the waitress?

Ariel couldn't help looking surprised when the other male thanked him, but he found himself smiling again before long. It was nice, he hadn't really noticed how generally enjoyable just being able to smile was. It was weird for him, but it was a nice change nonetheless. Something about Maxie just made him want to smile and he couldn't help it. But he shook it off and tried to focus on their thankfully different conversation. Happy. Happy was a dog. A tiny dog. A tiny cat sized dog. Had he ever seen a dog that small before? Ariel opened his mouth to ask more about Happy, but snapped it shut for a moment as Maxie nervously looked around to see if the coast was clear. They'd been chatting for so long that Ariel had all but forgotten that Mr. Cat wasn't actually allowed in the cafe.

He nodded at the thought of being able to meet Happy. He did really love animals. He preferred cats if he was being completely honest, but dogs were nice too. Did the cat have a name, is that what Maxie meant? Ariel hummed a little at the question. He never really thought to give the cat one, opting to just calling him Mr. Cat. He tried to fight back another frown as he answered. "Uhm. Not...not exactly. I...he's just..." Glancing at the bag next to him, he gave a small sigh. "Mr. Cat. That's...that's what I...call him. Is that..." He looked up at Maxie nervously. It sounded like he'd given the poor thing absolutely no thought, but in all honesty he'd always been more concerned with the cat's well being than his name and calling him Mr. Cat had sort of stuck. Still, did that make him unfit as a caretaker? Did Mr. Cat already have an owner and a proper name to go with it? "Is that...not good?"

══════════════╝

ɪs yoυя cнєsт so heavy yoυ'яє яєɑɗy тo ʟєɑvє?
                                                          oя ɑяє yoυ Јυsт нoρɪиɢ тнɑт soмєoиє ѡɪʟʟ GRIEVE

ℓσcαтισи   cafe ғєєℓιиɢ   happy/curious->worried cσмραич   mr. cat&mr.built for the cold [maxie]
                                                          _
                                                          pachirisu tiramisu
                                                          it took hella long, sorry //sob
                                                          ariel: being hella awkward in conversations since 2015 //shot
    User ImageUser Image
    o1. LOCATION┇ news station.
    o2. COMPANYx raphael and brett.
    o3. FEELINGx mixed feelings.User Image

Her expression lightened up a bit at the voice of her uncle nearby. She neared the corner where she believed his office to be and walked in..

Boy, was she caught off guard.

She didn’t even know what she was looking at.

There was her uncle, seated at his desk and wrapped up in a rather thick blanket. It seemed like he was well-aware of the fact, too, with his nonchalant and unphased expression looking right toward her. Her smile quickly transformed to her standard default face, to one of confusion, then evidently.. one of complete disgust - a roller coaster of emotions for the poor girl.

Zio, you’re at work! Aren’t y’supposed to be wearing something.. decent?” She planted the palm of her hand against her forehead and shook her head in disapproval. She prayed to the Harvest Goddess he was wearing something substantial underneath that blanket of his. Some part of her was already regretting this visit, though she wasn’t going to let it show. Well, at least she’d try.

Marzia crossed her arms defensively at the mention of a cat fight with the new girl. She wasn’t her brother. ”I’m not Maxie, Zio. I don’t stir up fights like some.. kid,” she frowned. Although he might have been older than her, her first thought had been the Abbadelli boy. Well, he sure as hell acted like one. She had to admit, looking after his grandparents’ ranch was rather mature of him, though that was taken aback by his rather.. outlandish personality.

She looked back up toward Brett as she began introducing herself and held her hand out to greet the other’s, a light blush making it’s way across her face at the compliment toward her name and from her short (yet childish) outburst. ”I.. th-thank you. Brett’s nice too. And, ah.. t-thank you for looking after my uncle. I know he’s a handful.” Handful might have been an understatement, though she figured she'd might as well be polite about it. She must have been some kind of saint to deal with him.

”Mm, I’ve been here awhile with my aunt,” Marzia nodded, her sapphire eyes looking toward Raphael for a moment. Well, at least she was responsible. ”Though maybe you’ve seen my brother around? Blue hair, five-six, mail-carrying kid with a penchant for messing with police officers?” She crossed her arms at this and puffed her cheeks childishly. First a certain messy-haired ranchboy and now a red-headed toga-wearing news editor likely on the verge of insanity. Were there no good male rolemodels for her brother to follow? Although it didn’t suit his nature too well, Marzia just couldn’t be too sure. The last thing she wanted was her brother becoming some kind of ruffian.

Ah, so she had just moved in. A graduate of high school.. boy, that did sound nice to her. ”In either case though, I humbly welcome you to the meadows. It’s a small town though the townsfolk are nice although some of them are..” she paused, once again looking at her uncle for the right word before smiling up at Brett, ”.. quite the character.”

Well, her uncle did make a good point. ”I..” Marzia paused. Just why did she come and visit her uncle? She felt her cheeks begin to warm, though she immediately tried to shrug it off. No need to boost his ego. ”M-maxie.. told me he came to see you, so I thought I’d do the same, since we’re family and all. Wouldn’t want you missing us kiddos too much, y’hear?” She smirked slightly at this. It’d certainly been awhile, though now that she thought about it, if her brother hadn’t told her she wondered if she’d ever have come otherwise.

Speaking of which..

”Which reminds me,” Marzia began, opening her bag to survey its contents, reaching into it to pull out a delicately wrapped package of cookies of various shapes and sizes, ”These are from him. He had a good time with you the other day and wanted to express his thanks. Mind yourself, Zio, and share them, okay?”

Sailor Cencordia Magica

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Blessed Humorist

User ImageUser Image

tab tab tab Tailor Shop tab tab tab Kyleigh tab tab tab Curious, Nervous tab tab tab . . .

Kimberly's eyes widened as the girl jumped. It might have been slight, but his sharp, sea-green eyes still took note of her twitch. "I'm sorry if I startled you," he said. Whether or not the situation was his fault was irrelevant; he still need to cater to the customer as much as he could. He didn't even know if the woman was interested in buying clothes at all, but there was always a possibility, right?

He watched as the woman knelt to the ground, searching through her bag. Kimberly assumed that the woman carried everything she needed for her photography in there, plus maybe a couple extras. Would Kyleigh even carry more than one camera with her at a time? Maybe she could afford it, though it still seemed to be a bit wasteful to him. The rustling the bag created seemed to solely exist to break the silence that otherwise hung between them. Kimberly wasn't the best at small talk, and he assumed that Kyleigh wasn't, either. Eventually the woman pulled out several framed photographs and laid them out on a table, leaving them to be proudly displayed. "Every photo has a different frame and aspect in the photograph . . . That shows your outstanding eye for detail, doesn't it? But I suppose that would be required to be a photographer." He spoke aloud, mostly to create conversation, though he didn't want to pressure her to talk if she didn't want to. Kimberly wasn't a person who enjoyed creating needless tension.

No matter the photo, each one was taken with great effort. That much was evident to Kimberly while he gazed at each picture, trying to decide which would match the atmosphere of his shop the best. Every photo offered something different to the shop, and all of it would be much needed for it. Silence hung in the air once more while Kim placed a hand on his chin, pondering the options. Perhaps a photo wasn't that important in his shop in the grand scheme of things, but Kim disagreed with that. Everything had an impact to making the perfect atmosphere, no matter how subtle it was. A few moments passed before Kim removed his hand from his chin and pointed to a photograph of an open field. A couple flowers stood out, almost as if they were subtly adding more color to make it stand out. In Kim's opinion, it reflected the shop--it was plain, but once someone found color in it, its mark was indistinguishable. Subtle, but still there. "I'd like to take this one, if that's okay with you." Well, why would the woman display a photo that she wasn't going to sell? Kimberly didn't know, but once again, his politeness got the better of him. He didn't want to assume everything, because from what he remembered, it never ended well for him.

It was after Kimberly made his decision that the photographer answered his question. The woman stated that she didn't shop for clothes, something that honestly surprised the male. Everyone needed new clothes at some point, right? He honestly found it hard to believe that Kyleigh had been in the meadows for as long as she had without at least thinking about new clothes. "You seem to be hard to please."

The words left the male's mouth without him thinking about it. Once the words slipped, Kimberly turned bright red and waved his hands in front of her. "A-ah! Please don't think of this as an insult! I-it's just . . . everyone has their own style or preference. And of course, some people are more easily pleased than others. I even had a customer yesterday who was a bit particular about what she wanted." His mind went back to the mysterious woman who entered his shop. She seemed familiar enough, but for the life of him, he still couldn't figure out why she was so familiar. Surely he must have seen her around somewhere . . . He shook his head and returned his gaze back to the photographer.

"Of course, it's not like I can say anything to change your mind. But if there's something in particular that you'd like, there's always a chance that I can make it for you. I feel that with the weather turning colder, perhaps you'd like to have a new jacket to keep you warm? With how often you're outdoors, I feel it's something you could at least consider." He stated while he glanced outside. It even started snowing; would Kyleigh be okay with roaming outside without keeping herself warm while doing so?

"Fashion isn't always about looking stylish," said the man whose appearance meant everything to him. He continued in spite of the hypocrisy. "It can also be beneficial to your health as well."

It was all the man said before asking her a question. "I anticipate that you'd like cash for this transaction? Or again, I could make a piece of clothing for you . . . there's also a possibility of having a bit of both as well. It will depend on what you want personally."

It was all Kimberly said on the matter before he started glancing around his shop. A low hum emitted from his throat while the man tried to envision the perfect location for the photo he desired to purchase.

xX-CUPPICAKE-Xx

Quotable Gawker

9,300 Points
    • Forum Dabbler 200
    • Entrepreneur 150
    • Conversationalist 100
                      User Image
                      User ImageUser Image

║█⋮LOCATION Tailor Shop ║█⋮THOUGHTS I hate winter║█⋮COMPANY Kim

Kyleigh watched quietly as the finely dressed man looked over her framed photos. She let her eyes wander a bit, catching sight of a few different sweaters and warm coats. Those all seemed really nice, but then again. What did she know about style? Not only that, but as she had explained to him earlier, nothing really seemed to fit right. She wasn't exactly run dry in funds. However, she was running a little low. With winter rearing its ugly head, her shorts and her father's jacket probably weren't going to do it, sadly. Have thought of the ice and snow, she shook her head and pulled her jacket more around her, covering her body completely.

Hearing him speak about her photos, she nodded and now looked at them herself. "I take pictures of many things. Variety," she said simply. Not everyone liked the same thing. Not only that, but she didn't like taking pictures of the same things all the time. Though she appreciated his comment, showing that appreciation was utterly difficult, so it ended up looking more like she was confused by it than anything. Seeing him pluck one from the bunch, she nodded. "That one will look very nice here," she spoke softly. She'd kind of been eyeing it before, but she wasn't about to give advice to her clients on their decorating sense.

Hearing him speaking about clothes again, she sighed. This guy was really into his clothing. It wasn't until she caught his "insult" that her eyes narrowed. "You think I'm hard to please," she growled softly in an accusing tone. Luckily, he was somewhat able to save himself by bring up another villager and their taste for perfection. She huffed softly and crossed her arms. She'd expected to have a formal exchange. Not to get insulted and judged. Nice going. Looking away somewhat like a child, she looked back to him with a small frown.

Dropping her arms slowly, her rigidness faded slightly as she looked down at her clothes and then her body under them. It would be nice to have something actually fit for once and be nice and warm, but...he would have to measure her. This was definitely something to consider. She didn't want him to judge her or annoy her with his thoughts on how unhealthy she was. She was trying! Shaking her head, she looked back to him with a soft sigh. "I...I would like some warm clothes...please," she spoke softly her cheeks slightly puffed. "I hate the winter. And, I get very cold easy...So...Yeah."

Well. There was his invitation. She was pretty sure he would take it too. He seemed like the type to enjoy his job. She would see no reason for him to deny her request. "And you can just have the photo..." Ky wasn't really much of a negotiator. She was kind of a take it or leave it kind of girl. So, he was getting a pretty good deal. She figured getting free clothes was a pretty solid trade.

Sailor Cencordia Magica

zolbat's Darling

Prophet

User Image
    User Image

xx. shouta's home xx. shouta xx. embarrassed / happy

Ever since the Hot Pot Festival, Junko’s life had practically been a complete and utter nightmare. Someone at the festival had accidentally thrown in something poisonous, which meant that nearly the majority of Houseki Meadows had gotten poisoned! Junko was one of the lucky ones, though. She had spent the day with Shouta and the two of them had opted out of the festival and decided to hang out instead. And she was lucky that he offered for them to not go, otherwise she herself probably would’ve been poisoned as well and then who would’ve taken care of the villagers?

The doctor? No! The doctor hadn’t been around for quite some time and Junko had become very suspicious about it. She was just a nurse for gods’ sake! She shouldn’t have had to deal with all of the poisoned villagers like she did! And there was no way Keiko could’ve really done anything either. She was just a receptionist. Her medical skills didn’t go very… deep. Although she was very helpful whenever Junko needed her, when they had the worst patients in.

Really, if it wasn’t for Keiko, she figured she would’ve gone insane being alone, doing everything by herself.

Junko was more than grateful to have the receptionist in her life.

On the downside, though, she’s had next to not free time in the last few weeks. For it really felt like the clinic had just been swamped from open to close all the time. Her days usually consisted of her waking up, getting ready for work, eating a small meal, work, go home, crash -- wake up and repeat. Her home became a little more messy than she wished it was and she just had no time to clean it up. There were slight bags under her eyes as well, which she absolutely hated, considering how much she was working and taking care the people in the Meadows. And whenever she had a break, it was short and it was either a lunch break or a quick nap. She had no time to do anything. And for the last few weeks, she’s been swamped with sickness and not-sickness and just getting to do nothing for herself.

Before she knew it, so much time passed that it was suddenly winter. And winter was a bad month, for it meant sickness everywhere and she wasn’t sure if she could handle the sickness. But, she was strong, and she was a nurse. She had to help the people, even if… even if she didn’t want to. She had always hated the winter time. Everyone was sick (she was always prone to getting sick as well in the cold) and it was just too cold and snow was everywhere and she was small and slipped a lot and--

Today was the fourth day of Winter and Junko felt like she was going to cry because it was also Wednesday, which was her day off. She had made plans to spend a while with Keiko, but… but she had other things she wanted to do first. So she washed up and tied her hair up and into a messy bun. She dressed in her warmest sweater and loosely wore a black scarf around her neck. She pulled on her skirt (people would call her crazy for wearing a skirt in the winter) and boots and looked at herself one more time in the mirror. The bags under her eyes were still there and she really hoped that they’d go away soon. They just made her look tired and they really stood out on her pale complexion.

With a small sigh, Junko left her home and headed from her home in the peridot district, to the home of her… good friend(?) Shouta. Or Shoujo, as she always liked to tease. The walk felt longer that it probably took, but that’s because it was chilly outside and also lightly snowing and she was contemplating how much she hated the snow and how much she didn’t want to be outside. Her thoughts got her so preoccupied, that she literally walked into the door.

With a slight grumble and a swear, she took a step back and rubbed her face. She really hoped that Shouta wasn’t anywhere near the door, otherwise it would be soooo embarrassing for her to have to explain how she was so lost in thought that she walked into the door. Junko let out a heavy sigh and lifted her hand to the door, knocking on it a few times. She hoped he was home… or even awake… it was only like 10 in the morning or something.

Junko stood in front of his door and looked down at her hands. The last time she saw him… was a few weeks ago, back at the Hot Pot Festival. Keiko had told her that he stopped by the clinic a few times since then, but she was always too busy to say hi to him. She hoped that he didn’t think that she was ignoring him… People always warned her that going into the medical field would take away from her social life, but, at least back then, she didn’t really care. But now…

When the door in front of her opened, she blinked a few times in surprise, before she turned her head towards Shouta and flashed him a shy smile. “S-Shoujo, h-hi! I just… I…” Her mind went blank. Why was she there again…? Her hands started to fidget with the hem of her sweater, “It’s just… we haven’t, uhm… seen each other in a w-while and I was wondering if you… wanted to grab breakfast with me?” Junko lifted her gaze to look at him, "I-I mean... we haven't like... seen each other in a while a-and... and I miss you." She could feel her entire face heat up from just her words alone. But... they were the truth. She really did miss him. She just hoped he missed her too...

ʜʏ, ʟ ɪ, ɪ's sʜ s ɴɪɢʜ sʏ

Raven5023
                                              THREE THINGS.
                                              ONE:: i made a new layout and i love it //cries// I LOVE JUNKO SO MUCH
                                              TWO:: Ive had the beginning of this post in the works since janurary and figured i should PROBABLY finish it and post it. so i apologize for the lateness, raven, i do. (also i hope youre cool with me changing our idea a little lmfao)
                                              THREE: @sailor: you said you wanted keiko to get in the way, right? whilst if they go out for breakfast then feel free to do so~ ;3c
                                              let me know if you want any edits or anything //sobs

zolbat's Darling

Prophet

User Image
    User Image
                                            c σ m p α η y
                                            macaron.salisbury

ℓ σ c α τ ι σ η
                                              macaron.florist shop

ғ e e ℓ ι η g
                                                macaron.happy/excited

Kazuhiko Fukuda hated the wintertime for three reasons.

The first reason was that it was the season of his birthday and that meant that he was going to get another year older. Another year closer to death, is what they always say. His birthday was never the best day, for something always bad tended to happen. Either something bad or, really, most of the attention was on his twin brother, Kai. The attention was always on Kai. Though he didn't like to admit to to anyone, or himself really, he still resented his brother, despite what he told himself. But, really, Kazuhiko always had a terrible birthday, whether the attention was on him or not. He really hoped that this year would be different. Maybe he and some of his... friends could go out and party or something. Last year he was stuck at home with Kai, taking care of him and his sickly dumb face.

The second reason he hated the wintertime was because his dumb brother always got sick. Yeah, okay, Kai was just sickly in genera. But winter he was always like prone to getting even more sick than usual and Kazuhiko was always stuck taking care of his dumb face. He was always the one who had to make sure he was okay and didn't end up dying or something if he was left alone. Kazuhiko was always the one there for him. Sure... they lived together, but still. He sometimes wished that his brother had more friends or even a girlfriend or something. Someone else to take care of his sickly a**. Kazuhiko was a good brother and never said any of those kinds of things out loud, but he was more than certain that Kai knew that he was tired of taking care of him. As Kai probably was about being so sick all the time in the winter.

The last reason he hated the wintertime was because there were like no plants or flowers or anything that stayed alive in the cold. Most of his plants ended up dying and that always brought him into a sour mood. Really, the majority of the winter he was in a sour mood. Everything was just so dead and dull and he didn't really like the color white. It wasn't a color he really ever liked (despite how he wore a white shirt a lot of the time). Everyone said that the snow was pretty, but Kazuhiko disagreed. It was disgusting and it killed all of the plantlife.

Winter was just so sad.

So when he woke up the morning of Winter fourth and looked out the window, only to see it snowing a little, a foul expression fell across his features. Of course it had to be snowing. Of course! All the more reason to kill his mood right away in the morning. He grumbled to himself as he crawled out of bed and started his daily morning routine. He took a quick shower before his twin woke up and dressed in his usual clothes. He tied his tie around his neck and pulled a scarf on as well. Since it was slightly snowing, it was probably going to be cold.

Kazu made himself a quick breakfast and was out the door by 9:50 that morning. He was too tired and annoyed to have to deal with his brother.

He took the short walk from his home to the florist's place and walked in through the back door. The moment that he stepped out into the main area, a smile spread across his face. He hadn't been around for a few weeks. He and his brother had been called back home and it took a long time for them to be let go and come back. Kazuhiko was so glad that his... boss was so cool with letting him be away for a few weeks. But, he figured that Salisbury was preparing for the winter, so he didn't really need the extra hand around.

Kazuhiko walked into the main room and looked around, a playful smile spreading across his lips when he saw his favorite man. He strutted towards him and threw his arms up into the air, "Yoohoo, Sal~ Guess who's back!" He let out a hearty laugh and stopped walking when he stood next to him (a little too close). "I've missed ya, my big, strong, flower boy! Oo~!" He reached out and placed a hand on Sal's shoulder, "Have ya been working out since I've been away~?"

He hummed happily and pressed a little closer to Sal, trapping him against one of the tables. It was ten in the morning and no one would be coming in this early, especially on a cold winter morning. "Soooo... I was thinkin'... since my birthday is in'a few days and all... I was thinkin' that for your gift to me... you could finally agree to go on a date with me!" A smirk spread across his lips, "It's all I want for my birthday, Salisbury! Just'a date with ya~"

Sailor Cencordia Magica
                                                i am honestly ASHAMED at how much i love kazuhiko. ashamed. also. poor sal. he doesnt deserve this even tho he really does

Blessed Humorist

User Image
        User Image
    I HAVETO TOBREAKxF R E E
    tab tab FROM THETHOUG HTSIN MY MIND
    USE THE TIME I THAT HAVExI THAT HAVExI THAT HAVE

A shaky sigh left the artist as he finished his words. Emotions were a fickle thing for Fabrice, and he never quite knew how to deal with it when he allowed it to pour out. For the majority of the time he kept everything bottled in his frail chest until it all poured out in random spurts, sort of like now. He wasn't a type of person to relieve his emotions that often; oftentimes he forgot just how much he needed to let it out. And who would be a better listener than Kaitlyn Jacobson? The woman treated him like he was her own son, and honestly Fabrice always believed that the woman gave him the nice treatment that he didn't deserve, especially not with the past couple of days of not working and only fretting. His shoulders slouched forward while the woman scooted closer to him. Her hand was placed gently on his shoulder, and though he flinched, he was quick to relent to the care of his friend.

Kaitlyn always knew what to say. Art was important to him, so of course he was going to worry about it! He wasn't getting any closer to finding the answer than he had been before, and he wasn't sure if waiting around was going to help him much. He was in a rut no matter what direction he took, and that still remained as a source of frustration for him. "Even with all this, though . . . I'm glad I can be honest with you, Kaitlyn. I can't even count the amount of times you've helped me out through times like this." It made the male feel comforted knowing that even in his worst moods, he still could trust Kaitlyn to support him. He wondered if he could be as honest with his other friends as he could with Kaitlyn . . . the answer seemed to be no. It had taken him a while for him to open up to the farmer like this. His own self-loathing and inhibition wouldn't allow him to open up to anyone else very easily. Even with as long as he'd known the farmer, a part of him still felt that he was wasting her time, though the woman made it easier for him to ignore his self-loathing for a while.

In the back of his mind he was trying to think of ways to repay the woman for the kindness she had always shown him, and the patience that was by far her most dazzling trait. Surely he couldn't hold a candle to someone like her, even if he was trying his best. Winter was always the least active time of the year, and even the painter could feel its effects on him. The male was always more lethargic, having less interest in the things he loved, and overall he just felt lifeless. The woman explained how she felt during those times, and once again the painter noticed envy bubble up in him. The world would be perfect if the painter didn't have to take breaks once in a while, but . . . she was still right. He closed his eyes and hummed to himself. He recalled the moments where motivation struck him the most. The wind blew gently, and the painter sighed as the Sun bathed him in its rays . . . ". . . You're right." He spoke, albeit it was more like a mutter to himself. The woman had still been talking in the midst of his own confession, and the painter didn't want to be so rude as to interrupt her.

"I've been so focused on painting that I haven't let myself experience my world as much as I should." The brunet moved the glasses from his face ever so slightly, so he could let his friend wipe away his tears. As she retracted her hand, Fabrice placed his glasses back on his face. He didn't say anything while she spoke again, eventually letting the woman get up and return to the kitchen for the soup being made. He only nodded as she got up, allowing her words to sink in as silence filled the house. Originality didn't come very easily, but it was how a person weaved their own perceptions in a painting that really makes art stand out. Fabrice had always known this, but once in a while he needed a simple reminder of this fact.

The male stared at the bowl while the woman poured soup in it. The sight of broth filled his eyes and the scent wafted through his nose. His lips were close to the spoon, and he blew the steam from it before he let the soup enter his mouth. The mild potato taste left on his tongue, whisking Fabrice to a time where his mother would cook meals for him. He shook his head before he could venture too deep into nostalgia, suddenly recalling the question the farmer asked him moments earlier. "I always enjoy hearing you talk, Kaitlyn! You always have a lot to say," he offered her a small smile. "You're always supporting me, and I thank you every time for it. Still, I'm thinking about the one suggesting you made . . . giving painting classes." He took a couple more sips of his soup. "It reminded me of a while back. I met a girl at the beach--she didn't seem to be older than seven or eight--and I saw her drawing. She may have been a child, but I was still curious about what she was seeing around her, and even as we moved on from drawing to running down the beach, it was clear to me that she had a really active imagination. I'm not sure if she's aware of that herself, but it's a trait worth cherishing, and I wonder if I can help with that somehow."

The male blinked, feeling his face turn bright pink. "A-ah! That didn't sound bad or anything, did it? I just enjoy hearing what other people see around them! It's like what you said--two people can look at a scene but perceive it different ways." He didn't expect that statement to save him from much, but he did hope that the farmer would be understanding enough to see where the artist was coming from. "I'm sure I'm the one who started rambling! The soup is so delicious, I guess I got carried away." He laughed as he took more sips of his soup. At this point he had been a third of the way through his bowl, and he didn't show signs of slowing down any time soon.

I THAT HAVE I CANS A Y GOOD-BYE !
    tab tab HAVE TO MAKE IT RiGHT, HAVE TO FiGHT
    'CAUSE I KN↺W IN THE END IT'S WORTHWHILE

tab tab Amethyst District: Farm tab tab Kaitlyn tab tab Nervous, a bit calmer tab tab French ⇒ "English" tab tab A pretty bad post, but here he is!

Your Missing Period

Blessed Humorist

User ImageUser Image
    WE aim FOR THE INVISIBLESTARS
    THAT ARE SAID TO EXISTSOMEWHEREIN THE NIGHT SKY

.´¯`. .´¯`.´.´¯`..´¯`.´.´¯`. .´¯`.´

Even now the teenager still was baffled at himself. Even as Titus talked about being with the stupid florist, he took it way better than he should have. The persuasion TJ used still left Luka feeling wary, but Luka felt that the man was way smarter than other people could see. He was still going to look at Sal with disdain, but for the sake of a friendship Luka was willing to let his friend be happy . . . for now. Any sign of depression from that redhead, and it was gonna be game over for the dark-haired florist.

The messy-haired brunet used that stress, however, only to do better at his job. He had been moving quickly through the barns since the beginning of dawn, giving all of the animals their food and clean tubs of water when it was necessary. Despite the temperature only getting colder, Luka even used today as an opportunity to bathe some of the ranch creatures. It had admittedly been a while since the teenager had done such a thing, and he was sure they needed them. Not only would a bath make them appear more appealing to potential visitors, but it was better for their own health and happiness if they were kept at the most pristine level of hygiene. Luka had a bath of wash for the creatures, and armed only with a brush, Luka and Wesley ventured through the barns to bathe the sheep and cows. The brush met the creatures' skins, and each had a different reaction to the event. Some calmly sat down and patiently waited for their baths to finish, while others were more putt-off by it. For the more scared of the bunch, Luka only patted them and whispered to them until they were calm enough to sit through it. Some took more coaxing than others, but in the end he was able to get them to comply with him.

It was eventually Josephine's turn, and she was as calm as Luka expected her to be. Thirty minutes passed as he brushed her down. As he got the last speck of dirt from her, he placed his brush in the now-dirty bucket of wash, proudly reflecting on his day. His left hand massaged through the cramps on his right hand, but Luka knew that the creatures would be good for at least another while--at least through the rest of the winter season. After a thirty-minute lunch break, Luka went back to spending his day with the animals. He knew he needed to shear some of the creatures again, but with what he had accomplished today, he could push it to a couple days in the future. It was painful to see the sheep have less wool for the cooler seasons, but he needed to make some profit for the ranch. Not only that, but the rancher's assistant knew that the tailor shop owner would be asking about new material for his clothes sooner or later. Wool was popular for those who specialized in threads, and Luka knew he had to supply it for whoever needed it for the sake of his ranch. However, Luka knew that as long as he could carefully monitor the temperature in his barn, it would be okay in the end. A little bit of care and consideration was all the teenager needed to get through his days.

That had been yesterday, and now was a new day. Everything started off as the male planned it to--feeding the animals and providing them with water, though this time he was able to pet the creatures and enjoyed the softness they now had with them. The male ventured over to his cows, and as he pet Daphne, he noticed the normally friendly cow had her head held low, not facing the male as he spoke to her. A frown came on the male's face and he scrutinized her every feature. "Hm. Must be a cold," he spoke aloud, mainly to himself. No one else had been in the ranch at this time, and when the male was working alone, he knew he had a tendency to speak to himself more often than not. At this point the male decided that a visit to the veterinary clinic was in order. It had been a while since he visited the people in that place anyhow, and now he had a perfect reason to stop by! With all of that in mind, he told Daphne that he would return to her with medicine before walking out of the barn. He grabbed his jacket, which had been hanging from the door, and flung it against the wind to beat the snowflakes from it. As soon as he deemed the jacket to be dry enough, he finally wore it and made his way over.

The veterinary clinic was only a walk over from the ranch--the two places were essentially neighbors. The quiet, serene Amethyst District proved to be popular with the livestock in town, so naturally the business rested on the soil that would help their four-legged friends that had to stay over. On occasion Luka stopped on by, visiting an old friend and--of course--the animals the place would take under their care. Even if the red-haired male working there tended to annoy Luka, the teenager only saw it as mutual. He and Ashton had the strangest friendship, something that was mostly built on days of pestering each other to see the animals that they held in their care. Somehow during all that, they formed a friendship that hadn't broken quite yet, though Luka was sure that a couple close calls had been made. The teenager soon came in front of the doors of the veterinary clinic, and then entered through the establishment nonchalantly as his eyes looked through the building for his other red-haired friend. Eventually the male was found working in the back--with some of the animals, of course. Luka could never remember if he was allowed in the area, but that didn't stop him from walking on over to meet him anyway. It wasn't like Luka was visiting him without a purpose--not only did he need to speak to Ashton again, but surely the male would know if they carry medicine for animals! He was sure that they did, but Luka never remembered where they placed the bottles at (or so, he'd claim just to visit him again).

Luka opened the doors to the back, quietly entering and tiptoeing behind Ash. Luka placed his hands on his shoulders, and without letting Ash turn around to see him, he started: "Long time no see, Baby Shrimp! I was starting to think that you were meeting your seafood-kind with how distant we've been," he smirked. "Don't deny that you totally missed me. I could sense your longing to see my face with each time I looked at my own ranch animals."

The teenager placed his lips close to the red-haired male's ears. "Also, you gotta get me a bottle of medicine. Daphne's a bit under the weather, and I'd like to heal her cold before it gets worse." The teenager, in a slightly-less playful tone, then asked the typical question: "Aside from missing me, what's up with you?"

.´¯`. .´¯`.´.´¯`..´¯`.´.´¯`. .´¯`.´

TO THE DIRECTION OF TURBULENT TIME
    WE ALWAYS STRETCH OUR HANDS
    TOWARDS THE FUTURE

tab tab tab Veterinary Clinic tab tab tab Baby Shrimp [Ashton] tab tab tab Playful tab tab tab If I need to edit anything, lemme know!

The traitor XIII

Quick Reply

Submit
    Manage Your Items
    Other Stuff
    Get GCash
    Offers
    Get Items
    More Items
    Where Everyone Hangs Out
    Other Community Areas
    Virtual Spaces