Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Vampire

I figured it out. I finally, FINALLY figured it out. The perfect, hours-lasting, no smudging or smearing or flaking or drying out, black lipstick.

First, moisturize your lips really well, even just Chapstick works fine. Let it soak in a few minutes, then dab off any excess. Then, line and fill your lips with black gel eyeliner. No s**t. I've been using this one and it's PERFECT:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You want one that dries out after a few minutes, and this one does. Let it dry for a bit, then carefully add a layer of black lipstick. Do the thumb/finger trick, and you're gold for hours and hours of wear. It won't survive food and drink still, but a straw seems to work just fine, but otherwise, I've been wearing it to work for the last several days and it's easily lasted through all of my 4-5 hour shifts.

danger ravioli's Partner In Crime

Anxious Ghost

Jagger-Wolf

Thank you, you are a true blessing! I've lurked in here for a year or so and I have to say thank you for posting this and making me break out of my "lurker" shell. I've had the hardest time in the past with black-lipstick because it smeared or would just come right off. I've almost given up on using it all together. Though the brand probably says a lot to why the quality of the lip-stick isn't that great. I've been on the hunt for a better-brand and quality one but it's hard to find in my rural area. I might just have to bite the bullet and order online with out swatching.

Eloquent Vampire

Storm To Pass
Jagger-Wolf

Thank you, you are a true blessing! I've lurked in here for a year or so and I have to say thank you for posting this and making me break out of my "lurker" shell. I've had the hardest time in the past with black-lipstick because it smeared or would just come right off. I've almost given up on using it all together. Though the brand probably says a lot to why the quality of the lip-stick isn't that great. I've been on the hunt for a better-brand and quality one but it's hard to find in my rural area. I might just have to bite the bullet and order online with out swatching.
Glad to see you come out! We're always excited for newbies. ^_^

If you can order online, I've heard Lime Crime makes a fantastic black lipstick. I think MAC makes one, too. The one I use is by Fantasy Makers, the stuff you get around Halloween. It's several years old, I'm going to be updating it as soon as I get paid, mostly just on principle. I get a pretty sweet employee discount at my store, so I'm going to take advantage of it.

Spooky Specter

12,550 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
I'm very excited because my seasonal job at the haunted house is conveniently going to be giving me my paycheck right around when the post-Halloween sales are going on. >w>

Eloquent Vampire

Broke down. Spent the 62.5B on the Charming Yarn item. Couldn't resist. I just sort of wish it were animated, that would be really cool. Needs animated knits.
BLABBING TIME. New piercings for my birthday yesterday, ohyeah. Was considering an industrial set, but decided that they look a bit too "heavy" and finding jewellery might be a pain because I have rather large ears. Decided on a triple forward helix instead, as they're a bit more delicate and will work better with my day to day style. Had the set done on the left ear at Polymorph in Newtown (NSW, Aus).

Had my right nostril done with them a while back and they've done a great job both times. Different piercers for each, but both had a light touch and I barely felt a thing (the positioning of the piercing clamp actually caused more discomfort than the actual piercings or jewellery insertion; actual piercing I didn't feel, jewellery insertion just was a slight tugging sensation). They're always so personable, so we have a nice chat while they're setting up and all that. The guy I had yesterday informed me that septum piercings are on the rise again, and that he'd done something like 15 for the week, and was expecting to do at least three or four more for the weekend crowd.

The new holes are in that horrible just-pierced stage of things, so no photos for a while, but quite pleased with the positioning. He asked me to come back to get photos when they've healed up in a few weeks, so I'll probably have a chat about healing times and when would be wise to do the other side. I'm guessing, based on previous healing times, that I'll need to wait about 6-9 months before my body can cope with open wounds again. Also want to have him take a look at the top piercing's hardware length, because it sticks up a little bit (which could be caused by the swelling, so we'll wait and see).

So. Squeeee!

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
BLABBING TIME. New piercings for my birthday yesterday, ohyeah. Was considering an industrial set, but decided that they look a bit too "heavy" and finding jewellery might be a pain because I have rather large ears. Decided on a triple forward helix instead, as they're a bit more delicate and will work better with my day to day style. Had the set done on the left ear at Polymorph in Newtown (NSW, Aus).

Had my right nostril done with them a while back and they've done a great job both times. Different piercers for each, but both had a light touch and I barely felt a thing (the positioning of the piercing clamp actually caused more discomfort than the actual piercings or jewellery insertion; actual piercing I didn't feel, jewellery insertion just was a slight tugging sensation). They're always so personable, so we have a nice chat while they're setting up and all that. The guy I had yesterday informed me that septum piercings are on the rise again, and that he'd done something like 15 for the week, and was expecting to do at least three or four more for the weekend crowd.

The new holes are in that horrible just-pierced stage of things, so no photos for a while, but quite pleased with the positioning. He asked me to come back to get photos when they've healed up in a few weeks, so I'll probably have a chat about healing times and when would be wise to do the other side. I'm guessing, based on previous healing times, that I'll need to wait about 6-9 months before my body can cope with open wounds again. Also want to have him take a look at the top piercing's hardware length, because it sticks up a little bit (which could be caused by the swelling, so we'll wait and see).

So. Squeeee!
Congrats! Happy birthday! heart

Piercings through cartilage are a b***h to heal, so your 6-9 month estimation is probably about right before doing the other side. I'd love to get a triple forward helix myself, but I am dependent on glasses and I'm not sure how they'd treat piercings like that. I'd also LOVE a bridge piercing, but again, glasses ruin everything.

I've been thinking about a triple flat piercing project next. When I last got pierced it was a toss up between the daith or the triple flat, and went with the daith because 1) cheaper, 2) it's "protected" inside the ear and I was traveling home and wanted to keep it clean. It's been a b***h since I got it though, I would have thought it would have calmed down by now. It'll be a year old in January.
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino

So. Squeeee!

Piercings through cartilage are a b***h to heal, so your 6-9 month estimation is probably about right before doing the other side. I'd love to get a triple forward helix myself, but I am dependent on glasses and I'm not sure how they'd treat piercings like that. I'd also LOVE a bridge piercing, but again, glasses ruin everything.

I've been thinking about a triple flat piercing project next. When I last got pierced it was a toss up between the daith or the triple flat, and went with the daith because 1) cheaper, 2) it's "protected" inside the ear and I was traveling home and wanted to keep it clean. It's been a b***h since I got it though, I would have thought it would have calmed down by now. It'll be a year old in January.

Thank you! biggrin

I wouldn't count yourself out just yet because of the glasses. I wear glasses daily, and the piercing doesn't even come near them. He had me wear them when I was being marked to decide positioning just to be sure. I also chose to have them placed a bit lower than you sometimes see in photos, to minimise risk of having them get bumped around by my glasses. Since I have large ears, there was plenty of "fold" on that part of the helix to work with to avoid putting them straight on top too.

I've considered getting my tragus done after the front helix sets are all done and healed, but I'm not sure. It's a large "double prong" shaped tragus (dunno what you'd call the shape, but it has two points instead of one).

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino

So. Squeeee!

Thank you! biggrin

I wouldn't count yourself out just yet because of the glasses. I wear glasses daily, and the piercing doesn't even come near them. He had me wear them when I was being marked to decide positioning just to be sure. I also chose to have them placed a bit lower than you sometimes see in photos, to minimise risk of having them get bumped around by my glasses. Since I have large ears, there was plenty of "fold" on that part of the helix to work with to avoid putting them straight on top too.

I've considered getting my tragus done after the front helix sets are all done and healed, but I'm not sure. It's a large "double prong" shaped tragus (dunno what you'd call the shape, but it has two points instead of one).
I would for sure bring my glasses if I were to have the helixes or the flats done, just to make sure they would all get along well. I got paid from my job today, and I'm thinking about getting pierced with it. Going all the way down to Salt Lake City and everything, because the one shop in town I've had bad experiences with and don't want to give my money to them if they haven't improved.

I have a double pointed tragus, too, and had mine pierced for several years. I may get it back, too, I took it out when it started migrating. Wearing headphones all day everyday for work and having to press them into your ear frequently to hear people just wasn't agreeing with it, so I took it out.
Jagger-Wolf
I would for sure bring my glasses if I were to have the helixes or the flats done, just to make sure they would all get along well. I got paid from my job today, and I'm thinking about getting pierced with it. Going all the way down to Salt Lake City and everything, because the one shop in town I've had bad experiences with and don't want to give my money to them if they haven't improved.

I have a double pointed tragus, too, and had mine pierced for several years. I may get it back, too, I took it out when it started migrating. Wearing headphones all day everyday for work and having to press them into your ear frequently to hear people just wasn't agreeing with it, so I took it out.

Definitely worth considering, either way. The type of jewellery would also probably have an effect on whether your glasses would interfere, so there's that too. I chose basic silver (well, surgical steel, but silver coloured), low profile pieces that'll match everything I wear, since I won't be able to change the jewellery out for a while. Just have to keep up my SSS and avoid bumping or sleeping on it.

To be perfectly honest, it's spurring my desire to get a sidecut back into full drive, since it would show the piercings off nicely. But I'll hold off a while on that, since I have such shitty, thin hair. neutral

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

Definitely worth considering, either way. The type of jewellery would also probably have an effect on whether your glasses would interfere, so there's that too. I chose basic silver (well, surgical steel, but silver coloured), low profile pieces that'll match everything I wear, since I won't be able to change the jewellery out for a while. Just have to keep up my SSS and avoid bumping or sleeping on it.

To be perfectly honest, it's spurring my desire to get a sidecut back into full drive, since it would show the piercings off nicely. But I'll hold off a while on that, since I have such shitty, thin hair. neutral
I pretty much exclusively wear surgical steel in my piercings, all 18 of them, currently. The only ones I change regularly are my 8mm stretched first lobe set. Everything else is just plain surgical steel CBR's or barbells. The only pretty end I wear is in my traditional labret, which is just an ice blue colored gem. Oh, and I wear a faux white opal in my tongue, and have blood red gems in my rook barbell, which is almost impossible to see since I took the ring out of it. I may put it back, it was a purple titanium ring.

If I were to get the triple flats, I'd want some super sparkly gem ends in them, like really glittery and light-catching. Same with the forward helixes. For the bridge, I'd probably just get the smallest surgical steel beads I could get, probably 3mm to match my Dahlia ends, and call it good. I always wanted my traditional labret to be the "focal" point of them all, so I'd probably try to keep it that way.
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

I pretty much exclusively wear surgical steel in my piercings, all 18 of them, currently. The only ones I change regularly are my 8mm stretched first lobe set. Everything else is just plain surgical steel CBR's or barbells. The only pretty end I wear is in my traditional labret, which is just an ice blue colored gem. Oh, and I wear a faux white opal in my tongue, and have blood red gems in my rook barbell, which is almost impossible to see since I took the ring out of it. I may put it back, it was a purple titanium ring.

If I were to get the triple flats, I'd want some super sparkly gem ends in them, like really glittery and light-catching. Same with the forward helixes. For the bridge, I'd probably just get the smallest surgical steel beads I could get, probably 3mm to match my Dahlia ends, and call it good. I always wanted my traditional labret to be the "focal" point of them all, so I'd probably try to keep it that way.

That sounds pretty cohesive, really. I love it when piercings all look like a "set", if that makes sense? Especially if it matches other jewellery and accessories involved in the overall look. Also, I love faux opals for "flash" piercings, or iridescent multi-coloured stones. They add so much sparkle without being too big or raised up.

Also, I'm trying to find photos of a friend of mine who has a bridge piercing. She wears pretty heavy glasses, and said once the trick is avoiding ones with the nose pads because they tend to butt up against the balls, while the padless kinds sit just below. Sadly, I can't find any shots where she has her glasses on from Facebook. There's one where she's wearing her sunnies, but you can only barely see the piercing, so it's not really a very good example of how they "interact" with one another and whether you'd experience bumping/rubbing as a result.

Eloquent Vampire

spuntino
Jagger-Wolf
spuntino
Jagger-Wolf

That sounds pretty cohesive, really. I love it when piercings all look like a "set", if that makes sense? Especially if it matches other jewellery and accessories involved in the overall look. Also, I love faux opals for "flash" piercings, or iridescent multi-coloured stones. They add so much sparkle without being too big or raised up.

Also, I'm trying to find photos of a friend of mine who has a bridge piercing. She wears pretty heavy glasses, and said once the trick is avoiding ones with the nose pads because they tend to butt up against the balls, while the padless kinds sit just below. Sadly, I can't find any shots where she has her glasses on from Facebook. There's one where she's wearing her sunnies, but you can only barely see the piercing, so it's not really a very good example of how they "interact" with one another and whether you'd experience bumping/rubbing as a result.
My glasses do have the nose pads, so that's lame. I would just take them with me or wear them when I go have the piercing done or at least the consultation for it so the professional can tell me what they think, if it would work, if I even have the anatomy for it, etc.

I hate mismatched jewelry, it just looks messy and juvenile to me. Like only kids wear ugly obnoxious jewelry because they want to stand out and say "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M PIERCED AREN'T I SO COOL CAN'T YOU SEE?!?!", you know? Small, tasteful, matching or at least coordinating jewelry with one or two fancy ones as focal points says to me "I respect this artform, this industry, and myself enough to wear jewelry that's pretty and actually flattering." It's not about being eye catching from a great distance, it's about being flattering to the eye once you're up close, make sense?

Also, I hate changing jewelry since it's such a pain in the a**, so I find stuff I like and pretty much NEVER change it.

Demonic Lover

Jagger-Wolf
I figured it out. I finally, FINALLY figured it out. The perfect, hours-lasting, no smudging or smearing or flaking or drying out, black lipstick.

First, moisturize your lips really well, even just Chapstick works fine. Let it soak in a few minutes, then dab off any excess. Then, line and fill your lips with black gel eyeliner. No s**t. I've been using this one and it's PERFECT:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You want one that dries out after a few minutes, and this one does. Let it dry for a bit, then carefully add a layer of black lipstick. Do the thumb/finger trick, and you're gold for hours and hours of wear. It won't survive food and drink still, but a straw seems to work just fine, but otherwise, I've been wearing it to work for the last several days and it's easily lasted through all of my 4-5 hour shifts.
☠Oh sweet, I'll have to try this!
I've also got a tube of Black Velvet matte liquid lipstick from Lime Crime that works pretty well.☠

Rogue

Jagger-Wolf
I got the job!!! I go in tomorrow morning to fill out the paperwork and she might have me work a shift, too. I'll be employed seasonally, and Tony's got a permanent job now, too! I'm gonna be in SUCH a good mood today!
Oh my that is awesome! What line of work are you in now? Ah man! THAT'S GREAT! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff