Welcome to Gaia! ::

Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

The Infamous Bunny

I've used those bandages before (on wounds), and they worked perfectly fine, but -shrug-.
              Wish I had went ahead and did it earlier, instead of putting it off, lol.
              Oh well, will give the old piercing more time to heal.
              (Also, not on a whim, been thinking about getting it re-pierced eventually, since the day it rejected.)

Have you guys ever heard of someone not being able to get a naval piercing because they have no 'upper lip'?
              I had one tattoo/piercing place tell me that, and another (who did my piercing the first time)
              tell me that is bullshit and that the previous place didn't know what they were talking about.

There is truth in people sometimes being anatomically unsuited or unable to get certain piercings. I don't know enough about that particular facet of piercing to say what is or isn't anatomically suitable, but I'd get a few more opinions and go from there.
My industrial piercing that I got 5 weeks ago healed very wierdly...the skin grew over the bottom part so now it looks like I was stabbed in the middle of the ear...should I go to a piercer to remove it and re=pierce the bottom part?

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
x--Mystica Elanae
My industrial piercing that I got 5 weeks ago healed very wierdly...the skin grew over the bottom part so now it looks like I was stabbed in the middle of the ear...should I go to a piercer to remove it and re=pierce the bottom part?

As in the skin is completely covering one end of the piercing? If so, yes. Your skin is starting to eat the piercing and you would best get it fixed now. Otherwise, it's a very painful process to get it completely cut out.
The Court of Owls
x--Mystica Elanae

As in the skin is completely covering one end of the piercing? If so, yes. Your skin is starting to eat the piercing and you would best get it fixed now. Otherwise, it's a very painful process to get it completely cut out.

No the middle part where the bar lays? the skin is covering the bar end, making the bar appear as if it's stabbed in the middle of my ear. I have no idea what to do, but it's not infected or hurting or anything it just looks weird.

Eloquent Vampire

x--Mystica Elanae
The Court of Owls
x--Mystica Elanae

No the middle part where the bar lays? the skin is covering the bar end, making the bar appear as if it's stabbed in the middle of my ear. I have no idea what to do, but it's not infected or hurting or anything it just looks weird.
That means it's embedding. There isn't enough space between your ear and the barbell, putting pressure on the ear, so it's consuming it. Ever see a tire swing on a tree branch that's been there like 20 years, and the tree has started growing around the rope? That's what's happening to you.
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae
The Court of Owls
x--Mystica Elanae

That means it's embedding. There isn't enough space between your ear and the barbell, putting pressure on the ear, so it's consuming it. Ever see a tire swing on a tree branch that's been there like 20 years, and the tree has started growing around the rope? That's what's happening to you.

The thing is, I'm leaving to go to hawaii in two weeks. I could take it out and repierce it but I'm afraid swimming every day for 10 days is gonna infect the new hole. Should I just go to my piercer and remove the bottom part of the barbell?

Eloquent Vampire

x--Mystica Elanae
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae
The Court of Owls
x--Mystica Elanae

The thing is, I'm leaving to go to hawaii in two weeks. I could take it out and repierce it but I'm afraid swimming every day for 10 days is gonna infect the new hole. Should I just go to my piercer and remove the bottom part of the barbell?
You can try to save the top end by putting a CBR or flatback in it, but if this happened once, it'll probably happen again. It seems like your anatomy isn't suited to an industrial. Maybe get a second opinion from another piercer when you get back and see what they say. You might be able to use a custom bent barbell, but do this AFTER your trip. DO NOT get a brand new piercing then go swimming in the filthy germ infested ocean.
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae
The Court of Owls
x--Mystica Elanae

You can try to save the top end by putting a CBR or flatback in it, but if this happened once, it'll probably happen again. It seems like your anatomy isn't suited to an industrial. Maybe get a second opinion from another piercer when you get back and see what they say. You might be able to use a custom bent barbell, but do this AFTER your trip. DO NOT get a brand new piercing then go swimming in the filthy germ infested ocean.

Yes, I'm planning to go to a new piercer anyways, the guy that did mine, although he had a nice clean shop and good ratings, told me a couple of things about my piercings that weirded me out, such as twisting the piercing a lot...which I did but made it hurt more. Thanks, I wasn't sure whether I should wait or not!

Eloquent Vampire

x--Mystica Elanae
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae
Jagger-Wolf
x--Mystica Elanae

Yes, I'm planning to go to a new piercer anyways, the guy that did mine, although he had a nice clean shop and good ratings, told me a couple of things about my piercings that weirded me out, such as twisting the piercing a lot...which I did but made it hurt more. Thanks, I wasn't sure whether I should wait or not!
Terrible aftercare advice=shitty piercer, in my book. You NEVER turn or touch a new piercing for several reasons: Every time you touch it you introduce bacteria to it off your fingers. Turning drags crusties and germs into the fisulas. Turning causes a rifling effect of excessive and unnecessary scar tissue. Among even more complications.

You need a new piercer. This one obviously took their two week apprenticeship at Claire's.
Thanks Jagger! Will be going to a new place this time.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I think my body is just weird.
I've read online that tattoos occasionally get raised, especially if your are sick or something?
My most recent tattoo is maybe 7 months old? It's raised most of the time. Another tattoo is about 1 1/2 year old raises when I get sick or some kind of infection. This are both decently sized tattoos.
I have 5 piercings in each ear, I got the "most recent" one about 7 years ago. It sometimes acts up oozes. It lasts a couple days. It hurts but it doesn't seem infected.
Are these related or anything?
What's going on with my body?
My mom won't let my younger sister and me get a tattoo, but if I were to ever get one, I wouldn't have it cascading all over my body and I would have it only show a little bit. I wouldn't have anything that's not Christian-like. I would have a dragonfly mostly.

Eloquent Vampire

prayersinchairs
I've read online that tattoos occasionally get raised, especially if your are sick or something?
My most recent tattoo is maybe 7 months old? It's raised most of the time. Another tattoo is about 1 1/2 year old raises when I get sick or some kind of infection. This are both decently sized tattoos.
I have 5 piercings in each ear, I got the "most recent" one about 7 years ago. It sometimes acts up oozes. It lasts a couple days. It hurts but it doesn't seem infected.
It could be scar tissue. That's usually what people mean when they're "raised". Like any wound to the body, tattooing causes scarring to one degree or another. How much depends in your body and how it scars naturally, and how the tattooist implanted the ink in the first place. Some are very heavy-handed with their machines which can cause more scarring, and some are much lighter.

Piercings can act up for any reason. Even piercings that are years old can still become irritated and ooze lymph if something gets inside it and irritates it. It just sounds like irritation, so keep hair products out of it, keep it clean, don't touch or play with it, keep clothing out of the way, etc. Just take extra good care of it, as if it were new again.

Girl-Crazy Fairy

12,450 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Jagger-Wolf
prayersinchairs
It could be scar tissue. That's usually what people mean when they're "raised". Like any wound to the body, tattooing causes scarring to one degree or another. How much depends in your body and how it scars naturally, and how the tattooist implanted the ink in the first place. Some are very heavy-handed with their machines which can cause more scarring, and some are much lighter.

Piercings can act up for any reason. Even piercings that are years old can still become irritated and ooze lymph if something gets inside it and irritates it. It just sounds like irritation, so keep hair products out of it, keep it clean, don't touch or play with it, keep clothing out of the way, etc. Just take extra good care of it, as if it were new again.

Thank you!
I have other tattoos, the two I was talking about were done by the same person.
I wasn't scabby at all during healing. It was a very good healing process.
Another one I have though I did scab. And even had a patch of pissing color on that tattoo. I have since had it redone, less than three months ago. And there is no raising or anything.
Is it possibly the ink?

Eloquent Vampire

prayersinchairs
Jagger-Wolf
prayersinchairs

Thank you!
I have other tattoos, the two I was talking about were done by the same person.
I wasn't scabby at all during healing. It was a very good healing process.
Another one I have though I did scab. And even had a patch of pissing color on that tattoo. I have since had it redone, less than three months ago. And there is no raising or anything.
Is it possibly the ink?
Maybe. You could be allergic to it in one way or another. Or it was the implantation process, I've had parts of the same tattoo done by the same artist either heal perfectly, or heal awfully, mostly because of area on the body and he didn't change his technique to compensate for it. In the end, I have some holes in it that need to be replaced, but the whole thing has to be finished by a different artist now, so I'm just not concerned about it as of right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff