8,900 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Invisibility 100
kittymmeow
The Goth Collector
kittymmeow
The Goth Collector
Do you know how to get those small media players to where it only shows the play/pause option? I've seen that on some people's profiles and I'd like that for one media/youtube video section on my profile while having another media/youtube video section just regular. Do you know if that can be done? I'm sure it can.

Follow the instructions on the first page to get the URL in the GoogleAPIs format, put that into a media panel, and then while you're in the profile editor, hover over the media panel that you want to be a button and a thing should come up that says div id: #id_media_xxxxx (with those x's replaced by a random unique number). Use that as the selector (with the number, not the x's) in the following code:
#id_media_xxxxx object{
width:30px;
height:25px;
}
So do I add that code bit right after the url thing? I tried and it didn't work.

That code goes into your custom CSS. In the profile editor, click theme and then the tab that says CSS and paste it in there. Remember to put the right number in, not just leave it as xxxxx.
Thank you so much! heart
kittymmeow
vampire vveekend
i want the yt video on my profile to be larger than what it already is, every time i try to change the size it cuts the video and i cant see the entire youtube bar
i've seen one profile where a girl had her entire profile as just a video
any idea how to make it larger?

It actually has nothing to do with the media panel or the video, it's that the column that the panel is in has overflow set to hidden.
#columns,#column_2{
overflow:visible;
}

If you want it to cover your whole profile, you'll need to use positioning as well but that at least will let you make it bigger without it being cut off

omg thank you!!

Devout Worshipper

12,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Partygoer 500
So, in order to add a playlist, I have to manually find each video's info and compile that all into a new playlist? I can't just add a playlist, for example, for favorites in Youtube?

Saxy Coder

Servant Reborn
So, in order to add a playlist, I have to manually find each video's info and compile that all into a new playlist? I can't just add a playlist, for example, for favorites in Youtube?
If your "Favorite Videos" is a playlist on your youtube channel, yes, you can add it.

Example, say this is your playlist url:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2788304DC59DBEB4

You want to copy the part in red (which is your playlist id number) and paste it into here:
http://youtube.com/p/PLAYLIST ID HERE?version=2

Then copy that code and paste it into the URL section of your Media Panel.

OG Businesswoman

10,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
How do I get rid of the header that says media, but leave the song?

IiI kim's Senpai

Profitable Saint

siiaa

like this?

#multimedia h2, .media_panel h2
{ display: none;}

OG Businesswoman

10,600 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
uudon
siiaa

like this?

#multimedia h2, .media_panel h2
{ display: none;}

YES! thank you emotion_kirakira
So I'm testing a profile on my mule, and the play/pause button doesn't look normal, which frustrates me because I did it just fine before. Some extra part is showing on top and the button looks a little smaller. I put in the right dimensions, though D:

This is what I did to my media panel:

.media_panel {position: absolute; top: 800px; left: 0px; height: 60px!important; width: 60px; background: transparent; color: gray}
.media_panel h2 {display: none}
.media_panel embed, .media_panel object {width: 25px; height: 30px; position: relative; top: 8px}

And this is the url I used: http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/lMUhjDeEPfA?version=2

What's going on DDD:

IiI kim's Senpai

Profitable Saint

gothygrimgirl830

it works fine on my computer
maybe because you're using firefox or some other browser?
uudon

it works fine on my computer
maybe because you're using firefox or some other browser?

Actually I'm using Chrome sweatdrop

It looks like this:

User Image

Which is really weird, because I've done this before in other profiles using the exact same coding and it never came up like this. I assumed it was just because I missed something by accident or did something else wrong.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that I simply got the dimensions of the height and the width mixed up sweatdrop It looks fine now, lol.

Desirable Genius

7,975 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
It seems that adding a song onto your profile this way lowers the sound quality a bit.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

uudon

for some reason, it lowers the quality of the video D;
is there a way to make it hd
because the song im using has hd options

Saxy Coder

confused Anyone else notice the Googleapis url getting finicky about loading?
I didn't used to have problems about it in the past, but now it seems that I have to refresh the page a few times before the media appears...
(this is happening to multiple profiles, not just mine)

I was guessing it was due to the fact that it's an "old" url ... I've considered switching, but I like my customizable buttons.

Browser is Firefox, but this has also apparently been happening in Chrome, according to another friend of mine.

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Lady Saxophone
confused Anyone else notice the Googleapis url getting finicky about loading?
I didn't used to have problems about it in the past, but now it seems that I have to refresh the page a few times before the media appears...
(this is happening to multiple profiles, not just mine)

I was guessing it was due to the fact that it's an "old" url ... I've considered switching, but I like my customizable buttons.

Browser is Firefox, but this has also apparently been happening in Chrome, according to another friend of mine.

It's not to do with using the v2 of APIs. I know, because I've been playing with current API customisation (why do you not let me choose a background colour current API? I want your easy playlist creation but I also want my green player back okay?), and I've noticed sometimes it takes a few shots for the player to show up. No idea why this is happening. I've spotted it both using the youtube.com/v/ url and the apis URL, on classic and current profiles, but not consistently.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff