Welcome to Gaia! ::

IiI kim's Senpai

Profitable Saint

Sarcastic cake
Morgoth1990

unfortunately i'm not sure there is a solution for this
the conversion probably has something to do with it
if you learn any info that can help with this issue, please let me know and i'd be happy to add it to the guide c:

Stellar Superhero

thank you very much! The links worked!
Now i've other profile problems to figure out xD

Dangerous Gaian

700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
>> Youtube is for scammers

zero out

the hacker\
Lady Saxophone
confused Anyone else notice the Googleapis url getting finicky about loading?
I didn't used to have problems about it in the past, but now it seems that I have to refresh the page a few times before the media appears...
(this is happening to multiple profiles, not just mine)

I was guessing it was due to the fact that it's an "old" url ... I've considered switching, but I like my customizable buttons.

Browser is Firefox, but this has also apparently been happening in Chrome, according to another friend of mine.

Have you tried using the jp prefix? I found it in an old v1 guide, but it works better for me than the googleapis. I refreshed my own (v2) profile multiple times and use it on my main account (Confelicity) with a v1 profile.

This one: http://jp.youtube.com/v/8XOV2L-eM38?version=2

Edit: Changing colors using hex codes is also possible ^_^
Lady Saxophone
I didn't used to have problems about it in the past, but now it seems that I have to refresh the page a few times before the media appears...

I was guessing it was due to the fact that it's an "old" url ... I've considered switching, but I like my customizable buttons.

Browser is Firefox, but this has also apparently been happening in Chrome, according to another friend of mine.

Have you tried using the jp prefix? I found it in an old v1 guide, but it works better for me than the googleapis. I refreshed my own (v2) profile multiple times and use it on my main account (Confelicity) with a v1 profile.

Btw, I'm using Chrome.

Saxy Coder

gothygrimgirl830

Oooo yess, that does seem to work better emotion_dowant
Thanks for the tip ~

vLedd's Waifu

Fashionable Gaian

Hello can u help me how can i create media player like this?
it shows a button only

User Image

can someone help cuz everytime i change it .. it will become like this

User Image

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Izumi Miu

You need to use the APIs URL and a bit of extra styling instead of just the regular Youtube one to get the controls to stay visible instead of peeling away to the tiny screen. The thing which you'll want to use is the autohide function which can be used to keep the play button visible.

So, you'll want your URL to look something like

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/M7lc1UVf-VE?autohide=0

The section in bold is the video ID, which you'll want to change to the ID of whichever video you're wanting to use. You can also string together extra commands by using ampersands (&EVERY TIME GAIA. WHY? This is not an emote. It never was an emote.), so you could have your video autoplay or loop or other things if you wanted (a bit more about this is on the front page).

NB: I've given you instructions for the current API instead of version 2 (covered on the front page) which has been deprecated by Google and will be eventually phased out.

You also need to use CSS to style your player, but judging by your screenshot and your source code, you've got that bit under control.

Edit: Just letting you know it's against profile rules and guidelines to obscure, move, or otherwise make the profile header hard to function, like hiding the Gaia logo on your current profile. Pulling out the following line of CSS

#header_left img {padding: 0px 47px 23px 0px; background:url('') top left no-repeat !important; height: 0px; width: 0px;}

will return the Gaia logo to your profile and make it compliant.

vLedd's Waifu

Fashionable Gaian

Zzyli
Izumi Miu

You need to use the APIs URL and a bit of extra styling instead of just the regular Youtube one to get the controls to stay visible instead of peeling away to the tiny screen. The thing which you'll want to use is the autohide function which can be used to keep the play button visible.

So, you'll want your URL to look something like

http://youtube.googleapis.com/v/M7lc1UVf-VE?autohide=0

The section in bold is the video ID, which you'll want to change to the ID of whichever video you're wanting to use. You can also string together extra commands by using ampersands (&EVERY TIME GAIA. WHY? This is not an emote. It never was an emote.), so you could have your video autoplay or loop or other things if you wanted (a bit more about this is on the front page).

NB: I've given you instructions for the current API instead of version 2 (covered on the front page) which has been deprecated by Google and will be eventually phased out.

You also need to use CSS to style your player, but judging by your screenshot and your source code, you've got that bit under control.

Edit: Just letting you know it's against profile rules and guidelines to obscure, move, or otherwise make the profile header hard to function, like hiding the Gaia logo on your current profile. Pulling out the following line of CSS

#header_left img {padding: 0px 47px 23px 0px; background:url('') top left no-repeat !important; height: 0px; width: 0px;}

will return the Gaia logo to your profile and make it compliant.

soo do i have to fix anything? soo that im not against profile rules?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Izumi Miu

You just need to make sure that the Gaia Logo is visible in the header. I gave you the line in your CSS you'll need to pull out (in my previous post) so that the header shows up again.

It's perfectly okay to change the colours and such (I've got a black logo in my header instead of the default white on black BG), but it needs to be visible and recognisable as the Gaia logo.

vLedd's Waifu

Fashionable Gaian

Zzyli
Izumi Miu

You just need to make sure that the Gaia Logo is visible in the header. I gave you the line in your CSS you'll need to pull out (in my previous post) so that the header shows up again.

It's perfectly okay to change the colours and such (I've got a black logo in my header instead of the default white on black BG), but it needs to be visible and recognisable as the Gaia logo.

can u help me change the colour of gaia logo?

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
Izumi Miu

can u help me change the colour of gaia logo?

Honestly, image editing isn't really one of my skills sweatdrop I've just rehosted a recoloured logo which another user has done (and credited them). You'd need to do recolouring yourself or request someone else to do it.

The URL for the standard profile header is
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/profile/mini_gaialogo.gif

And the sprite for the large header which you see on the homepage is hosted here
http://s.cdn.gaiaonline.com/images/gaia_global/gaia_header/br_gaia_logo_header.png

Like I said though, just pulling the line of code I mentioned gives you the default header, which is absolutely fine from a rules and guidelines perspective, even if it doesn't match your profile perfectly.

Destructive Knight

Lady Saxophone

I have the same problem too, on past few days the problem is getting worse sad

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
Siegfred Schlechter
Lady Saxophone

I have the same problem too, on past few days the problem is getting worse sad
See gothy's post a few posts before this 3nodding
Using http://jp.youtube.com/v/video id here?version=2 works wonderfully, and the colors can still be changed ~

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Destructive Knight

Lady Saxophone
▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
See gothy's post a few posts before this 3nodding
Using http://jp.youtube.com/v/video id here?version=2 works wonderfully, and the colors can still be changed ~

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

ohh now it's working great again, thank you and thanks gothy's too (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas