One! :3 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 65 ]
Two! :D 0.096629213483146 9.7% [ 43 ]
Three! :O 0.08314606741573 8.3% [ 37 ]
EVEN MOAR! >:D 0.16404494382022 16.4% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 445 ]

Garbage

[ Vodka ]
Newest baaaaby!
    That is quite possibly the reddest GTP neo I've seen! What's the locality? Did you get her linage, any famous relatives? Sorry for the questions - I'm becoming a little more interested in GTPs but their care requirements have always kinda scared me.

Tipsy Kitten

iKiin
[ Vodka ]
Newest baaaaby!
    That is quite possibly the reddest GTP neo I've seen! What's the locality? Did you get her linage, any famous relatives? Sorry for the questions - I'm becoming a little more interested in GTPs but their care requirements have always kinda scared me.

The ad said Biak.
It didn't say s/he had any famous relatives.

I just saw the ad and fell in love with her. Haha.

Garbage

[ Vodka ]

The ad said Biak.

Ooh, nice - Hope she picks up a lot of yellow being a Biak. yellow GTPs are amazing.

Tipsy Kitten

iKiin
[ Vodka ]

The ad said Biak.

Ooh, nice - Hope she picks up a lot of yellow being a Biak. yellow GTPs are amazing.

Yeah, I've been obsessed with them for a while. Just never found one within my price range.
smile

Friendly Fairy

I have a question about lighting...
Do I need to have a heat lamp and a basking lamp?
Or can I have just a basking lamp and a UT heater? (A pad)

Dedicated Hoarder

aixoria
For my ball I have a long aquarium UVB bulb, an UTH, and two basking bulbs. As long as your hot side is warm enough you don't need bulbs and an UTH.

Friendly Fairy

Mintiness Creamy Mess
aixoria
For my ball I have a long aquarium UVB bulb, an UTH, and two basking bulbs. As long as your hot side is warm enough you don't need bulbs and an UTH.

So if I want a UTH, should I just have one basking bulb?

Dedicated Hoarder

aixoria
Mintiness Creamy Mess
aixoria

So if I want a UTH, should I just have one basking bulb?
You HAVE to have the UVB light. If you have a UTH and it keeps your temps high enough, that's all you need. If you're tank is too cold, get a basking bulb as well. UTHs work better with snakes.

Garbage

Good quality UTH are hard to come by, so lights can help, but these snakes (ball pythons, anyways) aren't really baskers in the wild, so I, personally, don't use any lights. In fact, my BP's tank is draped to be entirely dark by a blanket because I think he stress roams from not feeling entirely secure otherwise, poor babbu
    gonk

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin

[ Vodka ]

Scarbi

Babe's (ball python) belly got really red while she was in shed. Normally she gets pink. The day after her shed she still looked inflamed so I took her to the vet and they said it was just her shed. I was scared it may be scale rot from the high humidity and moisture she was kept in during her shed. The redness went away but now her belly feels like dry leaves and has a rusty color. Is this scale rot? What should I do?

Garbage

Mintiness Creamy Mess
Babe's (ball python) belly got really red while she was in shed. Normally she gets pink. The day after her shed she still looked inflamed so I took her to the vet and they said it was just her shed. I was scared it may be scale rot from the high humidity and moisture she was kept in during her shed. The redness went away but now her belly feels like dry leaves and has a rusty color. Is this scale rot? What should I do?

Has she shed out already? If not, can you snap a picture?
      I noticed with my BP's last shed that his belly got some brown spots that were kinda "crackly", like something might be up. When I saw this, I happened to have him out with me at my local pet store (this was before I really knew he was in shed) so I was able to show their reptile guy who said I should just watch it but not to worry about it right away. A couple days later, I had a shiny new snake (who actually managed to get it all off with no assists, happy day!)

I've also noticed my corn snake's belly scales get very crackly before he sheds but I've never noticed any changes in color with him.

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin
Mintiness Creamy Mess

Has she shed out already? If not, can you snap a picture?
      I noticed with my BP's last shed that his belly got some brown spots that were kinda "crackly", like something might be up. When I saw this, I happened to have him out with me at my local pet store (this was before I really knew he was in shed) so I was able to show their reptile guy who said I should just watch it but not to worry about it right away. A couple days later, I had a shiny new snake (who actually managed to get it all off with no assists, happy day!)

I've also noticed my corn snake's belly scales get very crackly before he sheds but I've never noticed any changes in color with him.
She had a complete shed and was just red/pink. I called another vet and he said she probably got burnt. She's never gotten burnt before. Aaaaw! I fed her today, so I can't get her out for a picture at the moment. Now she's rusty and crackly. They suggested I take her back in, and I will Monday, if there is no improvement.

Garbage

Mintiness Creamy Mess
She had a complete shed and was just red/pink. I called another vet and he said she probably got burnt. She's never gotten burnt before. Aaaaw! I fed her today, so I can't get her out for a picture at the moment. Now she's rusty and crackly. They suggested I take her back in, and I will Monday, if there is no improvement.
      Ah - Yeah, that could be it, too. Sometimes snakes are derps and don't move / moved their bedding to expose themselves. Both my snakes have tried to do the latter, I was lucky.

I hope you get it figured out and all healed before too long! I know it can't be feeling too good for the poor bab.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff