One! :3 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 65 ]
Two! :D 0.096629213483146 9.7% [ 43 ]
Three! :O 0.08314606741573 8.3% [ 37 ]
EVEN MOAR! >:D 0.16404494382022 16.4% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 445 ]

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin
Mintiness Creamy Mess
She had a complete shed and was just red/pink. I called another vet and he said she probably got burnt. She's never gotten burnt before. Aaaaw! I fed her today, so I can't get her out for a picture at the moment. Now she's rusty and crackly. They suggested I take her back in, and I will Monday, if there is no improvement.
      Ah - Yeah, that could be it, too. Sometimes snakes are derps and don't move / moved their bedding to expose themselves. Both my snakes have tried to do the latter, I was lucky.

I hope you get it figured out and all healed before too long! I know it can't be feeling too good for the poor bab.
She didn't dig down to hers though. :/ I'll probably end up taking her to the vet again Monday.

Tipsy Kitten

Mintiness Creamy Mess
iKiin
Mintiness Creamy Mess
She had a complete shed and was just red/pink. I called another vet and he said she probably got burnt. She's never gotten burnt before. Aaaaw! I fed her today, so I can't get her out for a picture at the moment. Now she's rusty and crackly. They suggested I take her back in, and I will Monday, if there is no improvement.
      Ah - Yeah, that could be it, too. Sometimes snakes are derps and don't move / moved their bedding to expose themselves. Both my snakes have tried to do the latter, I was lucky.

I hope you get it figured out and all healed before too long! I know it can't be feeling too good for the poor bab.
She didn't dig down to hers though. :/ I'll probably end up taking her to the vet again Monday.

Pictures would really help.
Hope it all works out!

Shy Dragon

24,065 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
i am saving up for and doing lots of research on corn snakes. i have a thirty gallon tank saved aside for it. sadly i don't have the room for him now but i cant wait to get him!!! heart heart

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin

[ Vodka ]

User Image
It's not spreading and there doesn't seem to be any infection.

Tipsy Kitten

Mintiness Creamy Mess
iKiin

[ Vodka ]

User Image

Looks like a burn to me.

Dedicated Hoarder

[ Vodka ]
Mintiness Creamy Mess
iKiin

[ Vodka ]

User Image

Looks like a burn to me.

Yeah. That's the conclusion I came up with as well. I hate that! She's never gotten burnt before. Ack!

Newbie Noob

As I am no longer a moderator (just didn't have the time), I will hopefully at least have enough time to help this thread be a little more active. 3nodding

Enduring Browser

8,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Luck of the Draw 50
emotion_awesome suppose to feed snakes in a feeding tank. Also please adopt don't buy because that's supporting animals mills. Do your research first before adopting your pet(s)). Lol like you don't already know

Dedicated Hoarder

iKYD_Y-S
emotion_awesome suppose to feed snakes in a feeding tank. Also please adopt don't buy because that's supporting animals mills. Do your research first before adopting your pet(s)). Lol like you don't already know
That's a controversial topic that is not necessarily true. I do use feeding tanks, but it's not right for all snakes.

Garbage

(That whole post is controversial if not entirely uneducated but oh well.)

I got to go to the Portland Metro Reptile Expo this last weekend and saw some amazing stuff! This year seemed very focused on ball pythons, almost every table had some types of morphs and a couple normals; very little overall variety which seemed odd considering this was the final show for this location before it moves up to Portland Intl. Airport.

I unfortunately took no pictures but, going with my Dad, we both decided to buy a snake each. He got a cute, very lazy Irian Jaya carpet python. She seems kind of small to me, her hatchdate says June 2011. It will be interesting to see how she grows. I decided to grab a adult male spider ball python. He's quite active, is of pretty average size for a male breeder, and I was told, for a spider, his head wobble wasn't too bad. And that might be true, it might just be stress at the moment (I did just get him and he isn't even properly set up right now) but I'll be the judge of that. His wobble is most noticeable during full roaming times with his head doing something like this.

Ah, but that's rambling about subjects I don't even fully have an opinion on.

The whole expo was pretty fun and for the most part, not too much more crowded than the earlier show that was this year. Our most popular local pet shop had probably the busiest grouping of people, causing a serious blockage for all trying to simply pass through.

I'm gonna try and get these two set-up and get at least one feeding in them before taking them out to get any pictures which hopefully I can borrow my aunt's camera for.
        We'll see!

Oh! Before I forget - Names! My new BP is Casanova and I believe my Dad will be settling on Aurora for his little girl python, since she has been sleeping the whole time I put her in our temp. tub.

Dedicated Hoarder

Babe shed today. Her red burned belly is good as new.

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin
What happened to the pics you promised us?!

Garbage

Mintiness Creamy Mess
        Fantastic to hear Babe's belly cleared up!

I'm not sure what happened! I was hoping to come back from my aunt's with a camera but said I could just use one of her old, little ones. They work, I was just looking forward to possibly be getting some close-ups/macros.

Having to wait may actually work out of the better though, since I think Casanova will be going into his first shed since I've gotten him home, my normal, Cepheus needs a little work to get, and keep, his eyes clear, and my dad's snake is suffering from a suspected R.I. so I don't want to mess with her until we can get into a vet for sure. My corn snake, Sorin, is the only one who seems to be camera ready. :>

Speaking of Cas, I decided to offer him a rat last night using tongs for the first time and he was super on it!

Dedicated Hoarder

iKiin
Mintiness Creamy Mess
        Fantastic to hear Babe's belly cleared up!

I'm not sure what happened! I was hoping to come back from my aunt's with a camera but said I could just use one of her old, little ones. They work, I was just looking forward to possibly be getting some close-ups/macros.

Having to wait may actually work out of the better though, since I think Casanova will be going into his first shed since I've gotten him home, my normal, Cepheus needs a little work to get, and keep, his eyes clear, and my dad's snake is suffering from a suspected R.I. so I don't want to mess with her until we can get into a vet for sure. My corn snake, Sorin, is the only one who seems to be camera ready. :>

Speaking of Cas, I decided to offer him a rat last night using tongs for the first time and he was super on it!
Aww man. sad I'm sorry to hear that. I hope everything turns out well. cry

Garbage

Mintiness Creamy Mess
        Me too, as she is my dad's first snake. I'm pushing for him to set up a vet day soon because meds are the only real cure for R.I. She has faint clicking and absolutely no tongue flicking. I only just yesterday saw her open her mouth, I didn't even think she could, she must be gummed up what with the tongue. Literally pushing him to the vet with her if I need to.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff