How many snakes do you own?

None :< 0.51011235955056 51.0% [ 227 ]
One! :3 0.14606741573034 14.6% [ 65 ]
Two! :D 0.096629213483146 9.7% [ 43 ]
Three! :O 0.08314606741573 8.3% [ 37 ]
EVEN MOAR! >:D 0.16404494382022 16.4% [ 73 ]
Total Votes:[ 445 ]

chatoyancy
Your new baby is gorgeous, and awesome enclosure for the itty bitty stage!! I'm guessing from the other comments that he's from Inland Reptile? I got my JCP from the same breeder! C: Also, I want to stalk you on tumblr, too! I can never follow too many blogs with snakes.

ALSO WAIT. I totally recognize the art in your signature, and I can't even place why/from where. Maybe I am already following your tumblr? I don't knowwww .____.

If you play:
Dragcave
Umbria
Chicken Smoothie
Zarn Island (now dead though)

You have seen my art. I work(ed?? I'm still employed at Umbria at least...) for three of those and I'm a common poster on the third with a similar signature. And a bunch of dog forums. And, based off the pictures of your JCP, we definitely occupy the same spaces on tumblr... so it could be any of them!

Yes! He is from Inland Reptile. And thank you for the enclosure compliments!

Devoted Inquisitor

chatoyancy
Latrans
User Image

Hi guys!

Ahhhh, how did I miss this on your tumblr, and why do I have to track you down here to see pictures of your bby? D: He's so beautiful and I love him. MOAR PICTURES PLEASE.

Also, hope you're doing well and lots of hugs + love for you < 3

Isn't he the cutest? :3 I love him. He doesn't love the camera though.

I'm okay--we got Bubba, which is a huge relief!
so i'm planning on getting a snake but with any pet i get, i like to make sure that if something awful happens and i lose all of my money or house or whatever that the pet will have a place to go (paranoid because a friend of mine had their house burn down to the ground on christmas and even though the family and the pets were all okay they had a really hard time finding a new place to live that allowed pets). i actually like having at least 3 backup plans for each pet. now that my mom likes lizards, if i fell on hard times, she could handle them, but she refuses to deal with snakes. so if there is anyone on the east coast that would be willing to be backup plan #2 or #3 for a little bitty ball python i'll drive him to you, if the worst were to happen.

anyone down for that? sweatdrop

he's at the petsmart i work at right now, good eater of f/t, not head shy, sometimes has bad sheds. he's been at the store since right before christmas so he's not a newborn or anything currently.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Looks like our thread needs some reviving!

I upgraded Dovah's hide today because this is what he's been doing all week lol
(yes, it's covered in paper, it was semi translucent and I knew it wasn't going to be kept long)
User Image

So, I went to walmart and got a small litter box for like $1.99:
User Image
User Image

Looks like it's a hit!
User Image

Plus it looks way better than the last one haha

~ Fly over me Evil Angel ~
[Kat.On.A.Stick]
Oh man, that photo of him trying to hide under the bucket and failing made me laugh harder than it should have.

CarapaxtotheMax's Partner

Dapper Sex Symbol

[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Ah, I hadn't thought of litter boxes! What a neat idea. Did you do anything to make sure the edges aren't sharp or did they come out pretty smooth after you cut?

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Ah, I hadn't thought of litter boxes! What a neat idea. Did you do anything to make sure the edges aren't sharp or did they come out pretty smooth after you cut?

I used a hot knife to cut the opening, it gets to 900°F, so the edges came out pretty dang smooth ;)

Dapper Sex Symbol

[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

I used a hot knife to cut the opening, it gets to 900°F, so the edges came out pretty dang smooth ;)

Oh sweet, good plan!

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Oh sweet, good plan!

Makes plastic cutting super easy! I bought it because when I was making rat enclosures, I was using a utility knife and the clear plastic tubs would crack like crazy. The hot knife stinks and you need a mask, but it gets the job done perfectly!
I also use it to poke holes in tubs for my snakes since I don't have a soldering iron.

It's a nice little $11 tool, one of my best investments :3

Dapper Sex Symbol

[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Oh sweet, good plan!

Makes plastic cutting super easy! I bought it because when I was making rat enclosures, I was using a utility knife and the clear plastic tubs would crack like crazy. The hot knife stinks and you need a mask, but it gets the job done perfectly!
I also use it to poke holes in tubs for my snakes since I don't have a soldering iron.

Whoa, I had no idea they were so cheap! When I set up a tub enclosure (which will probably be soon, oops) I will definitely look into getting one. I was afraid they were expensive so I was probably going to just borrow my dad's drill and hope for the best, lol.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]
o-o_TeaThyme_o-o
[Kat.On.A.Stick]

Oh sweet, good plan!

Whoa, I had no idea they were so cheap! When I set up a tub enclosure (which will probably be soon, oops) I will definitely look into getting one. I was afraid they were expensive so I was probably going to just borrow my dad's drill and hope for the best, lol.

Yep! This is the one I bought: >click<
Looks like it went up in price by $3 since I bought it in January, but it's still pretty cheap.
The only quirk is that, when I first started using it, I kept accidentally loosening the knife, but I stopped doing that and it works perfectly. It even survived getting rained on when I accidentally left it outside(oops) and also the cord chewed in half by Tyki and having to be repaired within 10 minutes of me getting it open ._.

Conservative Capitalist

10,725 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Olympian 200

I finally got my studio set up to take pictures of animals!
Simon and Riddle "volunteered" to be my test dummies lol
Actually, the truth is, it was too hot in there and I had to stop after Riddle, otherwise I would have sweated all the water out of my body D:

Simon:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Riddle:
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Simon was a big butt-head, but Riddle was surprisingly good! :3