Welcome to Gaia! ::

Devoted Inquisitor

Mistress of Rain
Latrans
Mistress of Rain
Latrans
Mistress of Rain

Elsie's brother's registered name includes 'Benjamin Franklin,' and his call name is Kite. Isn't that the most adorable thing you've ever heard?

Elsie's call name has nothing to do with her registered name, which is Dolley PT Madison. d:

ETA: Well, that plus the kennel name.

Awww! I love watching the dog shows on tv to hear them talk about the dogs... some will tell what the favorite food is, what they do at home, or even cute thigns like that.

Hmm I wonder if Sheryl does to "normal" kennel names then... I have really no clue what she does for the ones that go out as pets and things like that...

Does too normal kennel names?

Elsie's litter's theme was Patriots, so all of their registered names had a patriot in them, with the kennel name at the beginning.

Registers dogs with with a name she picks, and the owners just do what you do and give a name of their own. smile

Oh, right. Yeah, my breeder picks a theme, and then you pick a registered name that fits, and pick a call name.

9,500 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
What thing pet owners do that annoys me the most

"Mommy its so cute I want it", when people get a pet because its 'cute' and not because they understand in anyway anything about the care and cost of keeping said critter.

I have a lot of critters, maybe too many, but I take the time Everyday to feed, clean, health check and play with them. Everyone of my 'house mates' are rescue animals that someone elce got and then, "I had a baby", "I need to move and the new place dosn't allow pets", "I don't have time anymore", "my kid wanted it so bad but now won't feed it", blah blah blah.......

Right now I have
5 Snakes, one I'm boarding for someone till they get their life together.
3 chinchillas
6 rabbits
7 degus
1 husband
I will get a dog at some point but I must have a house with 3+ acres or more as I like working breeds, so I'll wait on that one for a while.
Prince Charmant

I had one when I was younger, he wasn't very skittish at all. D;
I was under the impression they weren't as bad though from what she told me over the phone.

I think guinea pigs are one of my least favorite pets but if something needs a home I won't refuse. .-.
They're just little s**t machines that seem to eat a lot more than my previous one ever did.
Anyhow I want to do a C&C however it all depends on if my father is willing to allow me to make one or not.
I'm not positive how long until we'll be able to do a cage for them though. :/

Canadians are just rich, oh so rich. The Mazuri food we're not sure on the price but we're buying two, 25lb bags of rat food and a 25lb of guinea pig food.
The price from the supplier is $21 but the pet store that is ordering it in will want a profit so who knows really. o.o
It'll be much cheaper than what we've been doing at least.

I definitely wouldn't buy from a store like that, I'm 100% fine with supporting a local store here but they're pretty much the only place.
They definitely need quite the big enclosure from what I've seen, I once saw someone use one of those 'reptile' enclosures for them.
It's like all mesh on a frame and it's quite tall, they seem to be fairly cheap to get as well.
I'm not too sure if it's appropriate or not but possibly worth looking into.
That's absolutely terrible though, they shouldn't even be in business if they're that awful with the pets. :/
My father wants to do frozen vegetables, apparently they're better because they pick them then immediately freeze.
I don't quite understand where he got that from but I prefer fresh anyhow. c:

Pet shop has agreed to politely surrender the gliders. My sis in law is now working on talking down other things.
I guess they have a breeding basement...and there's a lot of animals down there who are not fed/watered properly. We're getting the info from someone who works/volunteers there and is helping get the animals out. Sister in law is going to get a copy of all city code/law/state code/law about keeping animals and take it in there and then if nothing is done, she's going to see if the humane society will help. Not too likely though, it's a small Iowa town. =/

Yep! Big enclosure lol...trying to figure out exactly my course of action now. And cramming information/talking to Kip a bit about gliders for little tidbits.

Haha, I guess the frozen vege thing will depend on the company selling them. Problem is how long they're stored sometimes, they can lose nutrition content. But they're all fine and dandy if you feed the right vegetable to the right animal, which this store doesn't do, and feeds them while frozen. xD Which would be fine if it wasn't to you know, an iguana. =/ Rats on the other hand would enjoy the cool snack on a hot day.

Well hopefully your pet store will be pretty nice to you on ordering prices. =) Bulk is definitely nice. xD I know our 25 lb mazuri rat would run 14ish dollars, and 25lb guinea is 20. But I know prices will differ too since you're in Canada.
Are all prices high like that there when it comes to things? I mean, i've noticed just little things over the years. Like some magazines I pick up will have price here, price in canada, and when converted you guys are a couple dollars higher. Is your tax pretty bad too? Either way, you beat us with your medical care. xD
Oh on an interesting note:
Went to my Mother in Law's house today because she's cleaning out the closet and had some of our blankets. I was looking in the closet and noticed a "Star Wars Science Kit" and I was like "Why do you have that...?" And she told me it was suppose to be last year xmas gift for my brother in law's son, that he's never met before, and they lost contact with them so they never got the presents. So she's like "You want it?" I'm like "Sure" and then I got it done and to my discovery..

It's a Triop Kit!!! =D
Morphine Kiss
Are all prices high like that there when it comes to things? I mean, i've noticed just little things over the years. Like some magazines I pick up will have price here, price in canada, and when converted you guys are a couple dollars higher. Is your tax pretty bad too? Either way, you beat us with your medical care. xD

There's always been quite the gap between American and Canadian prices - until the past half year/year/whatever, the American dollar was worth more than the Canadian, though. Now, they're typically about even/the Canadian is worth a couple cents more. I don't know about anything else, but books (novels and cookbooks) are still a couple dollars more according to the cover price.

Right now, GST is at 5%. Provincial Sales Tax varies between provinces; Alberta doesn't have it; I don't know what it is for others.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Morphine Kiss
So guys;
Do people ever do the spur of the moment "Can you take this" on you?

I'd start a topic on this but, I guess i'd rather just keep it to this thread o.o Everyone I like hearing from is here anyhow xD

rofl If my house was finished I would. The shelter is pretty aware of my situation and that with construction going on that I am just a horrible candidate. I keep asking for pets and reminding them that I have the kitten cage they sent me in March so that I could be a foster in emergencies, but I just do not have a good situation for them right now. Almost got a black rescue kitten from Fukushima. They were out of options, but someone stepped in at the last minute in Tokyo and offered to take her in. I'm glad she ended up there, but at the same time, I really want a cat at my house even though I know it's impractical.

~
Edit -- and I got ignorelisted by someone who actually has cat questions. gonk Want to answer. Actually think I can answer civilly. Frustrating. Will be good and not stalk her on my mule, because technically you can get whapped for doing that by the mods and I spent too much time as one to want to create *more* work for the mod squad. But gah! Annoying.

Aged Hunter

Shearaha
Eizoryu
Oohh... Shearaha's gotta good point there. Last thing we need is to get taken down. D:

So I'ma just shoot this out to everyone to see what y'all think.
Ever heard of "push" training? Supposed to be tied in to energy and the like, and I would like to think it works in many cases; I was reading about it in NaturalDog mag at work.

Don't have the time right now, but defiantly going to read over this stuff later.

So after reading over the first 2 pages I still have no idea what this guy is trying to say, or how this technique is supposed to be done.
I'm gonna have to say it sounds more like psuedo science and wilful disregard for current research.

Quote:
Meanwhile Operant Conditioning was hitting the marketplace and I found myself strongly resisting what it had to say since I couldn’t abide by the notion of nature as a random scattering of variables that an animal randomly makes sense of through a schedule of reinforcements.

This quote especially makes me nervous. It shows a complete lack of understanding of what operant conditioning is and how it works. And then replace it with an idea that dogs react based on electricity, that the dog has no control over what it does.

If you have more info, or even a name for this author other then a screen name I'll be happy to read more.

Invisible Citizen

Mistress of Rain

Oh. c: That makes a lot of sense than.

The only difference I can see between Precious and Puddin' is the ear length? o:

Are there any pictures of Charmin?
Do they keep them when they're a bit smaller or are they more likely to adopt them out?

Morphine Kiss

Well that's good at least. :/ How the hell can they still even be in business when they don't even feed/water them properly?
Things must be way different there than here, the pet shops in this town are generally pretty good with care.
I mean the only problem is using pine shavings and sometimes the cages have a few too many rats/hamsters in them.
Anyhow I hope she's able to get some more animals out of that shitty place. :/ Poor little guys deserve better than that.

Do you know when you'll be getting them? o: Hopefully you're able to find an enclosure relatively soon.
Hopefully they're rather young so bonding with them will be easier to do. ;c

What kind of frozen vegetables do they try feeding it? D; Well that's good to know considering my father was doing frozen while I was away back in August.

I hope so otherwise my father would be fine with driving to get it if it was cheaper to do so.
The place the store orders from is only 2 hours away anyway.
I think it'll be double the price for the 25lb bag, still it's much cheaper than the 5lb bags for $25.
Anyhow the prices are higher but are minimum wage is as well (I believe) so it does make sense.
I think our minimum is at $10.25 now, maybe a bit higher.
I'm not too sure about the taxes though, I don't pay too much attention to it. o:
Anyway I suppose we have. d:

7,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
I was in such a happy go lucky mood... Baked a pumpkin pie (let Ika have some plain pumpkin), did cleaning, finished a book for class...... and now I just want to kill people/a person.

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • First step to fame 200
Mistress of Rain
I was in such a happy go lucky mood... Baked a pumpkin pie (let Ika have some plain pumpkin), did cleaning, finished a book for class...... and now I just want to kill people/a person.
Pumpkin pie! Jealousy!! Aww, I am sorry Mistress that your day got shot down. Do you mind me asking what happened?

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
JosephineReally
Mistress of Rain
Pumpkin pie! Jealousy!! Aww, I am sorry Mistress that your day got shot down. Do you mind me asking what happened?

I love pumpkin pie and once I started making it two years ago people have fallen in love with my mistake in the recipe...and thus people always ask for some. this one (at least half of it) was made for my roomie and his girlfriend for her birthday.

look at my posts.... and see my religious conversation. It makes my head hurt since I turned around and had to hunt down information i knew but couldn't write down details...

And i did admit though i was using wrong terminology to say what I am. stupid modern times...

but i'm going to try and hang out with my guy and try to brighten up my mood a bit.

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mistress of Rain
JosephineReally
Mistress of Rain

I love pumpkin pie and once I started making it two years ago people have fallen in love with my mistake in the recipe...and thus people always ask for some. this one (at least half of it) was made for my roomie and his girlfriend for her birthday.

look at MemoriesofGreen thread about halloween and kitties.... and see my religious conversation. It makes my head hurt since I turned around and had to hunt down information i knew but couldn't write down details...

And i did admit though i was using wrong terminology to say what I am. stupid modern times...

but i'm going to try and hang out with my guy and try to brighten up my mood a bit.

Quick, edit out names. You don't want to start anything. ^^ Better to (vaguely) describe the situation.

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Moth Feathers
Mistress of Rain
JosephineReally
Mistress of Rain

look at my posts... and see my religious conversation. It makes my head hurt since I turned around and had to hunt down information i knew but couldn't write down details...

Quick, edit out names. You don't want to start anything. ^^ Better to (vaguely) describe the situation.

what names?

Familiar Poster

5,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
Mistress of Rain
Moth Feathers
Mistress of Rain
JosephineReally
Mistress of Rain

look at my posts... and see my religious conversation. It makes my head hurt since I turned around and had to hunt down information i knew but couldn't write down details...

what names?

I wouldn't even mention the specific thread, honestly. But that's just me. (and that's what I meant when I referred to names).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff