Aged Soldier

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
Memory Manipulator Namine
Lethaline
I would just like simple avatar layering options!! The way we have on tektek. It's so disconcerting (and utterly annoying) to make an avi on Tektek and then buy the items on gaia, only to realize that the avatar you created is impossible on gaia because it has an item layering issue. Say, a vest under a coat.

Can we at least try and get tektek and Gaia to have a little more consistency when it comes to layering options? It's REALLY annoying to have discrepancies between them.

I really can't argue with that one! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. Either have tektek fixed, or fix the item layering here. They'd both work...
4laugh Thanks!

I think the only problem is that tektek isn't technically run by Gaia. It's totally possible that I'm wrong, but I thought it was created by a user. -shrugs-

Either way it doesn't change the fact that they really need to make the two more compatible. sweatdrop

Yup...I wasted a full 1mil on an item that can't layer like it did on tektek with anything! I sold it off and got...250,000 for it. Ah a net loss 'cause of a layering misfire...lol. And if tektek is run by a user, I sure hope they're reading this!

No Winner

33,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • 10000 High Score 300
  • Magical Girl 50
w00t we reached 5 thou already!!!

Chatty Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Loiterer 100
wE NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Questionable Cat

User Image[ x ]Oh wow, awesome! This hit over 5k while I was away! heart heart

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

8,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
cookie for you!

Explorer

Cookie for you!

The layering system on Poupeegirl is one of my favorite features of the site, you can do just about anything with the clothes on there.

But it is flash-based.

8,150 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Gaian 50
me likey!
this sounds great!
and yes, it sounds like a lot of work for the dev team which sucks
buuuuuuut
you could do it a section at a time
shirts first
then add one at a time
also
if the problem is not enough people working on it
make it so you have to buy something in the cash shop
thank you!

Aged Soldier

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
troxtrox1AKAfencesRscary
me likey!
this sounds great!
buuuuuuut
shirts first
then add one at a time
also
thank you!

except for the problem of what do the people who can't, or won't, get Gaia Cash? How do they get the feature?

Precious Feeder

Lethaline
troxtrox1AKAfencesRscary
me likey!
this sounds great!
buuuuuuut
shirts first
then add one at a time
also
thank you!

except for the problem of what do the people who can't, or won't, get Gaia Cash? How do they get the feature?

Exactly. That option is unfair to those who can't afford to blow their money or mommy and daddy's money for pixels.

Aged Soldier

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
Dawn Morningstar
Lethaline
troxtrox1AKAfencesRscary
me likey!
this sounds great!
buuuuuuut
shirts first
then add one at a time
also
thank you!

Exactly. That option is unfair to those who can't afford to blow their money or mommy and daddy's money for pixels.

Can't afford or just don't see the point in wasting money on something on computer. If it was a free option, then I would love it...but if it's going to cost me real money, not the fake stuff, I wouldn't bother.

IRL Sex Symbol

12,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Flatterer 200

I would LOVE to see this happen. Avatars are what drew me to Gaia in the first place, and it would be lovely to see this feature expand and grow like the rest of the site has.

Intellectual Shapeshifter

7,675 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Would still very much like to see this, why not work with that site that lets people make those dreams avis surely they could give Gaia some code to work with

Dapper Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
This! Thisthisthisthisthis. I do not care how long it would take to implement, but I know for a fact that I've always wanted this feature on Gaia. If tektek can do it, Gaia should be able to, too. All of my cookies to you!!

Yamashii's Partner

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lethaline
Lethaline
I would just like simple avatar layering options!! The way we have on tektek. It's so disconcerting (and utterly annoying) to make an avi on Tektek and then buy the items on gaia, only to realize that the avatar you created is impossible on gaia because it has an item layering issue. Say, a vest under a coat.

Can we at least try and get tektek and Gaia to have a little more consistency when it comes to layering options? It's REALLY annoying to have discrepancies between them.

I really can't argue with that one! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. Either have tektek fixed, or fix the item layering here. They'd both work...
4laugh Thanks!

I think the only problem is that tektek isn't technically run by Gaia. It's totally possible that I'm wrong, but I thought it was created by a user. -shrugs-

Either way it doesn't change the fact that they really need to make the two more compatible. sweatdrop

Yup...I wasted a full 1mil on an item that can't layer like it did on tektek with anything! I sold it off and got...250,000 for it. Ah a net loss 'cause of a layering misfire...lol. And if tektek is run by a user, I sure hope they're reading this!
Oh man that totally sucks!! I'm so sorry! gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces