We finally got over 5,000 votes! surprised

Widow

Lonely Phantom

10,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Woot!
Finally hit the 5k point! Though we should keep 'em coming, so they can really see how much we want this!
Raven DiMeccha
Woot!
Finally hit the 5k point! Though we should keep 'em coming, so they can really see how much we want this!

Exactly!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Aged Soldier

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
bluecherry
Raven DiMeccha
Woot!

Exactly!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

No problem! I've got 10 more cookies and they're all going here!

Widow

Lonely Phantom

10,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
Y'all need a banner. O.o
That's the only "problem" with this thread. xD

zbrahh's Partner In Crime

Coloring Trash

yay it is at 5k *u* (gives another cookie just because >.> )

Star Phantom

8,950 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
I don't like this. Part of the fun of Gaia is the awkward layering. It allows for fun combinations. Like skin layering or things that aren't supposed to happen. It's like a puzzle. Even trying to find a hat and goggles that layer just the way I want. Rather than frustrating, I like it. It'd be more frustrating if there were that many options. Trying to decide, oh my god. Making a good avi would take hours, not just minutes!

What about the times when I feel like just throwing on random items and seeing if it goes? Now it would have to be a whole strategy....

Yamashii's Partner

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
I would just like simple avatar layering options!! The way we have on tektek. It's so disconcerting (and utterly annoying) to make an avi on Tektek and then buy the items on gaia, only to realize that the avatar you created is impossible on gaia because it has an item layering issue. Say, a vest under a coat.

Can we at least try and get tektek and Gaia to have a little more consistency when it comes to layering options? It's REALLY annoying to have discrepancies between them.

Aged Soldier

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Wall Street 200
Memory Manipulator Namine
I would just like simple avatar layering options!! The way we have on tektek. It's so disconcerting (and utterly annoying) to make an avi on Tektek and then buy the items on gaia, only to realize that the avatar you created is impossible on gaia because it has an item layering issue. Say, a vest under a coat.

Can we at least try and get tektek and Gaia to have a little more consistency when it comes to layering options? It's REALLY annoying to have discrepancies between them.

I really can't argue with that one! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. Either have tektek fixed, or fix the item layering here. They'd both work...

Yamashii's Partner

Scholarly Bibliophile

27,515 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Worthy Challenger 25
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Lethaline
Memory Manipulator Namine

I really can't argue with that one! I mean, it makes a lot of sense. Either have tektek fixed, or fix the item layering here. They'd both work...
4laugh Thanks!

I think the only problem is that tektek isn't technically run by Gaia. It's totally possible that I'm wrong, but I thought it was created by a user. -shrugs-

Either way it doesn't change the fact that they really need to make the two more compatible. sweatdrop

Anxious Browser

12,625 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Divine 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
Tektek layering doesn't always work out for me, (assuming it ever does) so I wouldn't like that very much at all =_=

Still, it's kind of sad that the whole layering thing is just that much more daunting. I mean we have an item-arranger that, while needs to be updated, it's still fairly easy to move items around. I figured a layering system would work something like that, only in our customize-avatar-thing...

It's just so frustrating to buy an expensive item only to realize that what you invisioned won't work. Ever tried a Yoko (from TTGL) cosplay, wearing the hair from Pistolera & Gold Ornamental Chopsticks? Doesn't work out very well v_v'

I wonder though, since the layering system is so complex as is, what if they just scrapped their current system and rebuild it into something more simple? Granted that would mean to temporarily disable avi customization, but seeing as how so many people want to be able to arrange items however they want...and we've been wanting this for so long, I think people wouldn't mind the wait XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff