Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pay Per Mint
bluecherry
Pay Per Mint
Another cookie!
And definitely the hairstyle/eyebrows thing!
Some hairs have eyebrows that are too scary! D8

Seriously. D; Eyebrows change your expression a lot and it seems too bad how many otherwise neutral hairstyles may suddenly not work because, say, you've got these HUGE bushy brows on them that don't look right on some cutesy avatar.

[insert those giant FLCL eyebrows here]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I know!
Like, you try to go for either a really scary or a really cute avatar,
but the only hair that looks good has eyebrows the exact opposite of what you're goin' for!
It gets SO frustrating! D;

Or some hairs just don't have ANY eyebrows...
That's okay, sometimes...
Not always, though. );

I still remember when they released what may have been the first curly hairstyle on Gaia in the salon (not the long curly hair, the short one that comes in that SUPER bright greenish color) and they didn't have eyebrows with it at first. It looked hilarious. Totally unworkable, but hilarious. lol I know at least once case though where being able to remove eyebrows from a hairstyle that does have them would be super helpful. ninja

6,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
My friend was just having this problem the other day with her dream avi and i was like we should be able to choose. and also what if i want to wear two pairs of stockings, since some are short and some are long

Fashionable Lunatic

User Image
Love is like a butterfly
It goes where it pleases and it pleases wherever it goes

YESYESYES!!! Basically bring tektek's dream free option to gaia! I have been asking for this for years!

And of course it should be an option so that people who don't want to deal with the extra effort or choices don't have to.
This most deff. has my vote. 3nodding

Surefire Genius

13,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Demonic Associate 100

Fuzzy Cub

14,700 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
bluecherry

I still remember when they released what may have been the first curly hairstyle on Gaia in the salon (not the long curly hair, the short one that comes in that SUPER bright greenish color) and they didn't have eyebrows with it at first. It looked hilarious. Totally unworkable, but hilarious. lol I know at least once case though where being able to remove eyebrows from a hairstyle that does have them would be super helpful. ninja

I don't think I was a member then, but it sounds hilarious. Cx
Oh, yeah?
I can imagine there are several cases it would be useful.
Usually when I don't want eyebrows I go for the light blonde hairstyles.

Dangerous Bloodsucker

19,050 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Survivor 150
  • PvP 200
sounds good =P
teabonne
Homg yay biggrin if Gaia implemented this in a select few user's customize avatar pages with those user's permission, then that way Gaia sees feedback, and fixes bugs. After a while they could roll it out in Gaia Labs, not exactly something mandatory for the entirety of the site, eh

Fear not! In my first post I mentioned that keeping the ability to equip items pretty much like we can now if we so chose is something I would definitely want here. I know very well that sometimes you don't need to fiddle around with things much and it could be more of a hindrance than a help to have to do much manual layering assignment of your items. 3nodding

Jhali's Bae

Shameless Businessman

I think a current layering fix would be much more possible than a complete "power" over the layering system. I know from experience the unhappiness one can feel when facing a layer fail (ex. a tie not working with a necklace) and how frustrating it can be trying to find a replacement for what you had in mind.
Gaia has had a pretty awesome clothing system so far, I just think they should fix the small annoyances rather than make even more--possibly more infuriating--problems. Realize that Gaia keeps releasing items so that our outfit needs can be fulfilled. If that type of power over that layering occurs, Gaia might as well stop making more diverse items to fit the user's needs.

That's my 2cents.
heart yes heart

Cluttered Genius

7,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
How do I give a proposal a cookie? Just post a reply?

Either way, I vote for this too. Have a cookie. xd

6,500 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
mmm good idea my dream avi would need it if you notice my avatars layering is a lil off since the mask is in front you have my cookie emotion_bigheart

Big Nerd

Definitely have my vote!

Animated Nymph

16,340 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
I will gladly vote for your idea....
Chuzuke
If that type of power over that layering occurs, Gaia might as well stop making more diverse items to fit the user's needs.

What? I don't see how this follows that letting us decide if we want this shirt over that one and tucked into our pants like somebody said earlier means we don't have as much impetus to get new items.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff