Welcome to Gaia! ::

I would love this so much. Many a great idea for my avi have been foiled due to not being able to layer items in the way that I would like.
Trojan.exe
>tektek equipped items on right side of screen
>drag and drop items up/down to change layers
>main inventory in middle of screen just to show items, doesn't show equipped

>gaia main inventory/equip list in the middle of the screen
>can't drag/drop items in equip screen

what sort of layout are YOU proposing then? because moving items in the main equip list, aka the one we've got now, smells of inventory rearranging, and that ******** with a whole lot more than just layers

That's why you're confused I think. surprised Tektek has a box of items in the middle that don't change order when equipped, they just get added to another box on the side when you equip them where you can move things around. I figure the idea Jam is suggesting is like that, where our inventory is in the middle and a seperate list of icons of items we've equipped go on the side and we can arrange the icons up and down without moving anything in our actual inventory.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It always makes me sad when a perfect cosplay avatar is ruined because of layering crying *gives cookie*

7,800 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200
Oh god, this would be fabulous. I can't tell you how many times I've created an awesome outfit on tektek, then gotten on gaia and realized that the damn layering messes it up. Being able to change the layers would add such an element of creativity to creating avis. heart

Fashionable Lunatic

bluecherry
Trojan.exe

what sort of layout are YOU proposing then? because moving items in the main equip list, aka the one we've got now, smells of inventory rearranging, and that ******** with a whole lot more than just layers

That's why you're confused I think. surprised Tektek has a box of items in the middle that don't change order when equipped, they just get added to another box on the side when you equip them where you can move things around. I figure the idea Jam is suggesting is like that, where our inventory is in the middle and a seperate list of icons of items we've equipped go on the side and we can arrange the icons up and down without moving anything in our actual inventory.

YES! THIS! Thank you.
I seriously had no clue what his problem with this was...

A Prunny's King

Undead Labtech

71,825 Points
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Brilliant Light 450
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Reaper Zombie
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie
xcrimsonlegendx
Reaper Zombie
In would be so excited if this were the only update!
I've been wanting this so badly!
Oh the purple avatars one could create~

Your purple is beautiful @w@
Thank you, you're quite nice yourself.
I'd love to be able to alter the layering on that belted top, which reminds me
I wish I had more gold to get another maleficent thing.

:3 thanks~
That reminds me!
I love this new purple belt top, but I want the nightmare collar to be on top of it, it goes under, sadly.
I've had countless avatars ruined because of layering.
I truly hope they find a way to make this work, I'd even pay for access to such a feature.

On a side note, I have to admit it's bizzare to find another user using the exact same post style.
Some differences in coding used but nearly the exact same.

Dangerous Phantom

6,700 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
you have my vote

Demonic Darling

13,590 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Nerd 50
I would LOVE this. I have no idea if it's feasible but if I can be done it would make me so happy! heart
And the eyebrow/hair thing... oh my god, yes. I am incredibly picky about eyebrows and back eyebrows will make me hate a hairstyle.

Foe

bluecherry
Trojan.exe

that clears it up, thanks
really, even if the layering didn't get implemented, i'd still like that layout lol wouldn't have to remember which items i've already equipped when making new avatars

Invisible Exhibitionist

14,100 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
If I could give you all my cookies for this idea, I would D:
Layering limitations are a b*tch.

Lonely Lunatic

Fun idea.
Cookied.
Trojan.exe
bluecherry
Trojan.exe
Jamais Changeant
Trojan.exe

bluecherry
you'd better hope that there's a reset all or undo button when you're switching layers, if this DOES come to pass, because if you ******** up while switching them around and none exists? enjoy trying to fix it lol

As I stated before. You would easily be able to change the layers by simply implementing a drag and drop column just like there is on tektek. Easy as pie.
which is nice and all when there's, say, 20 items or less on the avatar
but what would you propose for a monstrosity like this? i've got 80+ items on it, and if i ever wanted to change layers, i'd have a shitload of scrolling/searching to do to find just the one item that i need

Actually, it is pretty common for me to have a TON of items like that when I'm using tektek's dream free. I usually end up unequipping a bunch of stuff, a little here and there as I go along and decide against using some things and then a bunch of left overs all removed that I'm not using once I decide I've finished. I'm just kind of used to this I suppose. I did say though that I'd want them to keep the ability to make avatars much like we do now if people so chose too, so anybody who doesn't think it is worth the trouble can keep going about their business like normal.
in other words, you'd also want to change the way the equip list looks completely in order to have the layering feature
would that not be a pain in the a** to code/whatever if some people didn't want the feature on and some did?

Well, I'm not dead set on exactly how this should be implemented since I admit I don't know what would be the best way to go about things from the coding end of things, but it would only be adding that box to the side which shows what you have equipped. It would be pointless when you are in normal as opposed to advanced layering mode, but it would be harmless. Perhaps they could make the list hide-able/collapsible like the "new items" box at the bottom so people who don't like it don't have to see it?

Believer

I tossed my cookie at this proposal!
This would be a Godsend emotion_bandaid
Karma v2
If I could give you all my cookies for this idea, I would D:
Layering limitations are a b*tch.

You can always come back and vote again tomorrow, right? wink

(Lucky AND Milk? OoO )

10,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
cookied! I love this idea!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items