Welcome to Gaia! ::

Undead Businesswoman

Signing this

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25
I definitely sign. For the past year Alchemy was the only thing keeping me on Gaia. If they axe Alchemy, and then AtS crumbles like AtA did, I will leave and never look back.

Supportive Witch

Achievement thread
Okay, let's pretend for a minute that I believe you...

I full-heartedly sign

I had never been a big fan of alchemy until a few years ago, when I decided that I really wanted backwings.
In my time on Gaia, I didn't quite understand the necessity of a gold sink until this point, either.
This was about the time I realized just how beneficial alchemy is to the Gaian economy.
Before I started my backwing quest, I hadn't been to a gold shop in several years,
but with all the formulas that require gold shop items, I found myself spending millions (even billions) of gold in them daily.
Prior to alchemy, I wouldn't have touched Towns or Blackjack with a ten foot pole, and now I use them almost daily.

Unfortunately, Gaia Interactive seems to see the influx of purchase to charms (GC>item transactions), but not the essential
GC>vend>in-site item transactions, which commonly uses some of the bigger ticket items in their cash shops.
Because of this, I'm not sure if they can see just how much RLC people are actually spending on Alchemy.

Given the option of alchemy, GoFusion, or gold sinks, I would gladly throw all of my gold at alchemy before even considering the other two.

Mama Ame 's Partner

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
I definitely sign.

I personally think it's one of the dumbest choices of games to phase-out on his site, since, you know, it's an incredibly successful gold sink. "LULZ, how many times will these n00bs press "Complete" trying to craft an item? "

I mean, currently 70k to try and complete a level seven formula is chump-change. That's the reason I started the grind this year. When it first came out it was a rich-Gaian's game. Now it's cheap enough for just about everyone.

What they really should do instead of phasing it out is updating it. Adding new formulas, components, maybe even levels (hell, if zOMG went up to CL 12.0, why not Alchemy too?), and MOST IMPORTANTLY, raising the prices. I mean, if it cost 7M to try and craft a level seven formula, that wouldn't be that crazy with current amounts of gold in the system. I don't notice the 70k drop and I wouldn't notice a 7M drop all that much more. And yet, just think how much more gold it could get out of the overall system? Especially if new items are thrown in to entice people back into playing.

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I'm not sure that a cost increase quite that high would be good, a slight one yes but.. ...For many of us 7M is still a huge amount of gold. One of the main reasons I don't participate that much in the kickstarters but sink gold doing alchemy is the difference in price.
For the most part I can't even reach the lowest of the personal tiers without giving away tons of gold that I'm usually putting toward something else. (I've never had more than 20B gold at once)
So if the crafting cost shot that high, me and probably a number of other users would no longer be able to do alchemy either. Right now alchemy with the prices it's at for crafting costs is a goldsink I can actually participate in and feel like I'm getting something back.

ElectricTerra's Senpai

Salty Bilge rat

44,725 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
IuIlaby
Achievement thread

I full-heartedly sign

I had never been a big fan of alchemy until a few years ago, when I decided that I really wanted backwings.
In my time on Gaia, I didn't quite understand the necessity of a gold sink until this point, either.
This was about the time I realized just how beneficial alchemy is to the Gaian economy.
Before I started my backwing quest, I hadn't been to a gold shop in several years,
but with all the formulas that require gold shop items, I found myself spending millions (even billions) of gold in them daily.
Prior to alchemy, I wouldn't have touched Towns or Blackjack with a ten foot pole, and now I use them almost daily.

Unfortunately, Gaia Interactive seems to see the influx of purchase to charms (GC>item transactions), but not the essential
GC>vend>in-site item transactions, which commonly uses some of the bigger ticket items in their cash shops.
Because of this, I'm not sure if they can see just how much RLC people are actually spending on Alchemy.

Given the option of alchemy, GoFusion, or gold sinks, I would gladly throw all of my gold at alchemy before even considering the other two.

User Image Mind if I quote you? I would like to add my collection of quotes here and in my other thread. User Image

Supportive Witch

Daffodil the Destroyer

Achievement thread

I don't mind at all o u o

Magical Warlord

62,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Novice Dungeon Explorer 50
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250

Otherworldly Witch

Wild Animal

39,600 Points
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Miasmal Lake Defender 250
I'll sign. Thanks for making this.

Mephistote's Sweetheart

Mushy Strawberry

52,400 Points
  • Team Potion Master 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Brick Breaker 50
I don't want to lose alchemy (signs)

I wouldn't have bothered to play zomg or fish without alchemy. It gives meaning to the game items. I love that caches contain go fusion hearts and would like to see go fusion used to keep alchemy alive by using it for components and formulas. I'm excited to craft an alchemy fusion cache.

44,650 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Champion 300
  • Winged 100
I had no idea that this was even a possibility until I saw a stray thread (not even 100% related to this!) in the SF.

I'll sign.

Winged Abomination

28,075 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
I sign. As it is, alchemy is one of the few things still keeping me from quitting entirely. Without it there isn't much, if anything, left to do here anymore.

Hellraiser

58,025 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I sign! Due to the recent increase in caches being thrown into Dumpster Dive, I was able to start leveling up and hopefully be able to start crafting wings by the end of the year. If alchemy should vanish, you won't believe how pissed I'll be.

However, I think it'll be sticking around due to that case in GoFusion now. Just need bugs, furniture, and ever the formulas to show up more.

Kawaii Sex Symbol

8,900 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items