Welcome to Gaia! ::

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Daffodil the Destroyer
Rahvine_Dalmira
Another reason to keep alchemy around is that it also has a goldsinking component to it as you pay gold for each crafting attempt.
Also some items used in a formula (such as the goldfish in a bags for the goldfish kimono set or standard knife set for the meat club) are gold shop items that are needed in quantity, so gold is sunk in buying those components.
So it's a small drain on the overabundance of gold in the economy, and you get to have the fun of crafting cool items in the process.

User Image Good point! It sinks a lot when you fail. whee

Mind if I include this post in the OP?
User Image

Thank you.
And go on ahead, I don't mind. ^^

Shameless Man-Lover

22,665 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Invisibility 100
I Sign~
heart Alchemy heart

Lavish Millionaire

16,600 Points
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Sign me up! Not only did I just reach level 10 today (after lots of work), but I feel like it's so much more involved, it had so much more thought put into it, it feels so much more rewarding (thanks to achievements and levels) and is just a much more enjoyable experience than buying or trying to find (in very limited places) charms that you just trade in for items that you don't want, and are probably just going to sell.

The Alchemy system has so much potential, despite the fact that I enjoy it as it is already. It fits Gaia, it's rewarding, it's fun, and it isn't just a black hole for cash.

Demonic Sleuth

21,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I sign!

It would be nice if Gaia could actually leave something alone and not mess it up, for once. Just because every Gaian doesn't use a feature, doesn't mean it should go away. But hey, if something doesn't make them droves of money, they don't seem to care.
I sign.

I may not be an alchemist, but I don't believe that your hard work and patience should be met with a slap in the face. Clearly, the Gaia staff knows even less about its alchemy feature than I do.

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100

Party Gaian

20,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Quote:
You could add rare and extinct Alchemy components and formulas to GoFusion and keep both features healthy and useful.

This, exactly this. What, I don't want to spend 23 mil on a fabric swatch anymore!

I officially sign this petition- I love alchemy!

Saitoh Souji's Husbando

Shadow Wolf

48,425 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • OTP 200
Signed!
This is a really good idea, and I hope Gaia actually takes it into account.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Please add me.

Honestly, there are too many abandoned projects on this site. They should stick with something and make ti work.

Angelic Star

8,625 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I sign. Killing off site features isn't the way to go about it. In fact, it destroys my faith in investing my time or in some cases, my real money into them if Gaia is going to continue to pull features from the site that they consider "failures." I got my a** burned when they pulled Monster Galaxy and Heralds of Chaos because I spent money on in-game purchases. I spent time on Alchemy crafting my wings and I am still casually working towards other sets by racking up enough fish to trade in for rares. Don't do this to us. Please don't do this to us.

Angelic Blob

I sign

Because I didn't even get to use the feature yet! I was even gathering caches for future use!

Basically 'GoFusion' is "currently" making them the most money so of course it is being favored, it is also favored by gaians for its 'quick' item creation. Well, I wonder what will happen when there is a slow down with GoFusion, because it will probably be removed too.

It's disappointing that so many Gaians had ideas to improve Alchemy but these ideas and suggestions were never even looked at. Inflation has pretty much damped any hope of things getting proper attention.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i sign

alchemy level 10 is the only quest i have left on gaia since item quests are beyond the reach of a non-cash-spender-not-willing-to-work-on-art-anymore-for-a-currency-that-becomes-even-more-worthless-by-the-time-i-complete-the-artwork-and-get-the-payment sweatdrop

i like alchemy for the feeling of "yay i finally got to level ___" and achievements. i like that if i get to level 10 (or whatever level) i can do things that people who aren't at that level yet can't do. i'm not interested in the items at all. gofusion doesn't have levels so it doesn't have the same appeal to me.
and yeah it kind of takes forever to get enough gofusion charms for stuff without spending money. and the fact that there are only a few charms is pretty boring. i like having lots of alchemy components and being able to do anything without needing cash.
the only thing i do with gofusion is make the cheapest items over and over and over to try to get the made-100-things achievement.

i wouldn't mind if they just never updated alchemy again but i'd be pretty sad if they got rid of it because i didn't finish my level 10 quest yet. emo

11,925 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Champion 300
Put my name on the list. I have only recently got into Alchemy, but it's an interesting function of the site and works as a goldsink, since a lot of the formulas have very low success rates, so each failure removes gold from the economy.

Lucky Hoarder

74,775 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Hellraiser 500
I will sign, made it so far in the Risen Quest and no way I want to be forced to quit in the future.

Note: Please Gaia release rare bugs by other means besides towns and the marketplace.

Sparkly Kitten

13,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I sign!

I've been collecting caches to help with the crafting but if they take it away it'll all be for moot :c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff