Welcome to Gaia! ::

@Zlae

I think since 2009. Before that it was in "closed beta"

Wheezing Nerd

8,450 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
What's Critics United? I've never heard of them.

Hilarious Regular

5,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
There a bunch of bully's that harass authors that they dont like and do mass reporting on there story's. Basically a bunch of bully's that want to try and take control of FF.Net there way and see it run the way they want it run and not how everyone else wants it run. Properly with a MA rateing system that would solve this problem Entirely

Hilarious Regular

5,000 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
RiverSong1984
I signed the petition. Has anyone else?

Signed sealed and If Icould would deliver it into the hands of FF.Net management myself

Romantic Prophet

9,050 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Forum Regular 100
elesteria
They are doing nothing that is againt the rules, so they cannot be reported. From what I've discussed with the moderators (I went and asked questions), they leave a review asking the author of a story breaking the FF.net rules to fix it. They wait one to two weeks, before reporting. After reporting, it takes the admins of FF.net a month or more to review the story. It gives the author time to edit the story, but that is it. I still don't like that they're going around and actually looking for 'badfic' as they call it.

Not all of the comments left by Critics United are cruel, for the most part, they are polite. It's the degeneration of some of the comments that got me. There is never a time where someone should write 'shitfic' or 'toxic bucket of waste' on someones work.

I know that the sudden deletion of 50 000 fics cannot be fully blamed on this group, but they are part of it. I can understand why FF.net is deleting songfics and RPF, because there is legal reasons that they could be taken down for hosting such fic, but it's still wrong. Although, I am still ridiculously confused why FF.net does not allow explicit work.

Actually, they're doing a lot of things that're against the rules and, from what you've said about the moderators knowledge, they're getting away with a lot more. Although some of them can be very nice and polite about the whole thing, a good number of them go on about how terrible the fic is before saying "Reported. Fix or be banned." (this is a rough average of what they say, but it's more or less the same thing). They most certainly do not wait several weeks, at least not anymore. I saw one story where they reviewed the warning a few times in one day, then practically released the whole forum on them the next. My personal issue with them is their blantent hypocrisy. The founder of the forum wrote several stories that broke her precious rules (she just recently moved all of her stories out because so many people were reporting her), they have a subforum where they post their favorite fanfiction, almost all of which technically break the rules but go unreported, they say their not a vigilant group, yet they are, and even worse they mock the upset writers by posting messages sent to them on their forum, laughing at them and calling them stupid, bitches, babies, etc. Then while they do that, most of the fics they review eventually get deleted. Not a lot of people get enough time to even see exactly what these people post as reviews.

Back in 2002 fanfiction had a MA rating but got rid of it. I'm not entirely sure of the original reason, but I do think it would be a good idea to bring it back. Then again, I think it would be better for the mods to do something about this groups, and similar groups such as Literate Union and LAWLClan, who aren't quite as nice. I know for a fact Literate Union has an entire subforum dedicated to just posting stories you want taken down, whether or not they break the rules. This is bullying, no matter which way you look at it, and the mods should be acting accordingly, especially seeing as they know what is happening.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
koi19
What's Critics United? I've never heard of them.

They are cyber-bullies hiding behind the pretense of upholding the rules.

7,600 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Hunter 50
  • Invisibility 100
It's not fair. I've been with FF.Net for 5 years and they just removed an M story I recently wrote. The ToS is just as stupid as SOPA because it's very vague on what is considered adult content. They say it's been there since 2002 but they not once reinforced it. How can they sit around and move stories they consider inappropriate when they haven't done it for 10 years. Why do the authors loyal to them have to suffer the most?

Moving to adult fanfiction.net but this drama could be settled if they added MA or just removed M entirely. Which is another thing. There isn't that much of a gap between M and MA.

Hilarious Gaian

4,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
I am an anonymous reader/reviewer on FF.net and I may inform the respective writers (when anonymous reviewers are allowed) that it would be nice for them to edit their grammer and vocabulary errors even though, for some, they may be over looked. smile

I would also like to apologize to the very same writers that I have reviewed and have said that "If I were a professor that they would get a 'YOU FAIL' because they have not updated in a long time... I was wrong in saying that at the time.

It is just that I have witnessed a lot of fan fictions either being abandoned or going on extended hiatuses for the past 20 or so years and I do like like that fact at all.

It would be a whole lot better if you, the fanfiction writers would complete your stories instead of abandoning them or leaving them on extended hiatus, or even giving to bakas like the bullies mentioned by others in this topic.

I, for one, enjoy reading and reviewing your respective stories and I would be glad to read, review, and even beta for you.

I am Jostanos the anonymous Reader Reviewer, and for the bulk of you?
YOU PASS! ^_^

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Jostanos Crux
I am an anonymous reader/reviewer on FF.net and I may inform the respective writers (when anonymous reviewers are allowed) that it would be nice for them to edit their grammer and vocabulary errors even though, for some, they may be over looked. smile

I would also like to apologize to the very same writers that I have reviewed and have said that "If I were a professor that they would get a 'YOU FAIL' because they have not updated in a long time... I was wrong in saying that at the time.

It is just that I have witnessed a lot of fan fictions either being abandoned or going on extended hiatuses for the past 20 or so years and I do like like that fact at all.

It would be a whole lot better if you, the fanfiction writers would complete your stories instead of abandoning them or leaving them on extended hiatus, or even giving to bakas like the bullies mentioned by others in this topic.

I, for one, enjoy reading and reviewing your respective stories and I would be glad to read, review, and even beta for you.

YOU PASS! ^_^

how goes it? you keep doing what your doing and hopefully it will encourage people to write more. I will get back to writing when i'm not busy with work distracted especially now that i have a new lap top.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Jostanos Crux

FF.N hasn't even been around for 20 years. User Image

But aside from that, what fandoms do you read in?

Hilarious Gaian

4,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Renkon Root
Jostanos Crux

FF.N hasn't even been around for 20 years. User Image

But aside from that, what fandoms do you read in?

I was on several other 'FAN SITES' before FF.net existed over the past couple decades, so I have had experience with these matters.

Hmm.. Fandoms?
HP, Gundam Wing/AC, Naruto, Hellsing, Diggers, DC, Batman, Marvel, Iron Man, Spiderman, Chronicles of Riddick, Chronicles of Narnia, OHSHC, PotC, Fruits Basket, Negima, NCIS, Kiddy Grade, Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Vampire Hunter D, Buffy The Vampire Hunter, A few anime that I can neither spell nor pronounce, My Little Pony, Transformers (all versions), Bleach, and a few others.

As far as Harry Potter fics are concerned they may be: Wrong boy/girl who lived, Slash/Yaoi or not, twins/triplets/ other siblings, Bashing of various people, Good/bad/evil/godlike/super powered/ninja/what have you Harry. DUMB Le Do Re seems to be manipluative even in cannon so...

Hilarious Gaian

4,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
magus_dark_sorcerer
Jostanos Crux

YOU PASS! ^_^

how goes it? you keep doing what your doing and hopefully it will encourage people to write more. I will get back to writing when i'm not busy with work distracted especially now that i have a new lap top.

That is wonderful! Congratulations! ^_^

I am well, by the way. Thank you for asking. smile

*sighs* It is not as easy as it may appear to be, my friend. On the various fansites that I have been a member of over the past 20 years the writers on said sites have ignored my warnings as 'whims' or 'flights of fancy' or even "the ravings of some one who knows nothing".

_I_ Know nothing? WHO HAS BEEN IN THIS WORLD LONGER ME OR THEM?

*coughs* sweatdrop My apologies.. I know the realities of writing fan fictions and the real world in general. The "writers" that I had to contend with back then? *anime sighs* Newbies and noobs. They thought that they 'knew it all' but they did not..

Some of their respective stories were saved while others were destroyed with the sites.
23+ sites in all over the past 20 years.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Jostanos Crux

Well, you certainly get around.

I notice you like DC. Ever made your way over to CN's Young Justice cartoon?

Hilarious Gaian

4,975 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Renkon Root
Jostanos Crux

Well, you certainly get around.

I notice you like DC. Ever made your way over to CN's Young Justice cartoon?

I have watched it from time to time. It is interesting. smile

In fact Young Justice and Teen Titans are both on the list of Fandoms! ^_^

Beloved Detective

10,425 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
too bad you really can't watch the older episodes much since they want to join or subscribe to this or that on the net.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff