Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Phantom

Happy New Year! (heh, I'm over a week late… haven't really been on Gaia in a while… probably disappearing again for a while longer…).

I'm looking forward to posting new fanfics this year! I got a lot of positive feedback last year, and that was before the second half of the year when I posted two new one-shots and an extra chapter to a completed fic. Currently working on a crossover, but there's a transition in the first chapter I'm not happy with yet, and I'm still stuck on figuring out a title for it (I'm usually good at titles, but this one has me stumped! …for now).

Any fanfics on the 2017 "to be written and posted" agenda for you?

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
PrettyKoala
Any fanfics on the 2017 "to be written and posted" agenda for you?
My new years resolution was to try -TRY- and finish all my unfinished stories left over from 2016. I've already resumed work on 2 of them, but... there are a lot. I'm really good at starting stories, world building, and tension. But when it comes to actually bringing everything to a satisfying conclusion and closing subplots, I'm just like... DERP.
lol to ever thinking that I will finish any of the stories I started in 2016. xd No, really though, it's so frustrating wanting to start a new series when you know you need to stop being an a*****e and finish the ones you've started. stare At least for me it is, I have such a problem with getting all of these amazing ideas for novels but then realizing I need to get my s**t together and end the ones I have already started,

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
it's been years since I wrote anything new, especially for ff.net.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Tay Lorien
Most of the posters who are still active in this thread post on both AO3 and ff.n (as well as whatever other sites they might like, such as dA or LiveJournal).

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Renkon Root
Tay Lorien
Most of the posters who are still active in this thread post on both AO3 and ff.n (as well as whatever other sites they might like, such as dA or LiveJournal).

I'm hoping that by reminding myself of its existence, it might get me to write more...

Tipsy Gaian

6,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Glad I found this Forum. On Fanfiction I am Scrax on that website.

Recently started up a RWBY fanfic if anyone is interested in that.

Here is the link : Fanfiction

It follows the canon plot pretty closely but it adds in a few original characters and rewrites a few canon things along the way. Features the WhiteRose relationship and some Bumblebee early on. All reviews are welcome!

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
My New Years resolution this year was to finish more fics, and I finished a fic. Yay, me!

Phantom

Renkon Root
My New Years resolution this year was to finish more fics, and I finished a fic. Yay, me!

Awesome! Great job!

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
Thank you. I appreciate the encouragement.

Divine Entrepreneur

8,300 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm actually writing my very first fanfiction now. It's on Steven Universe. It has an OC with a twist that I don't think has been done yet in the fandom, and it tries to stray away from the wacky kid portion of the show, and venture more into the darker side. The main character's cynical, and he's not a hero. I'd love to write on it more, but I'm getting more writers block than I can for and I don't really have anyone to bounce ideas off of.

I digress, I'm slightly proud of it.

Jack of All Trades

Phantom

Random fanfiction rant ahead (you have been warned!).

I am so done with Marichat May (which is a Miraculous Ladybug fandom ship, and unfortunately the theme of this month). It just doesn't make any sense as a ship - I mean, aside from shipping the two characters together (which I do; ******** the love square, they're just two people!). But unless they know that they are just two people, then Marichat makes the least sense for any romance between them. Adrien isn't two separate people - if he starts having feelings for Marinette, he's gonna approach her as Adrien, not as his alter-ego; and if Marinette starts having feelings for Cat Noir, she's gonna approach him as Ladybug, not as Marinette.

Rant over.

Sorry for that. I just don't know where else to write this, and since it's about the fanfiction that's out there right now, this seemed like an okay place.

Do any of your fandoms have months dedicated to a theme? Which fandom, which month, and which theme, if so?

Danny Phantom is doing it's yearly Dannymay (Phanniemay?) thing this month too, but I haven't really been following it (every day is a different theme). Honestly, I'm still trying to finish my fics for Phanniemay 2013 (yeah, that's how far behind I am).

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100
The Princess Tutu fandom had a week devoted to the Fakir/Ahiru ship. We call it Fakiru Week. Each day of the week is given a different theme (such as Blue, Loss, Story, Warmth, Feather, etc.) and fans will write short one-shots or draw cute little fan arts based around these themes. It actually pretty fun and the fandom is really supportive of one another. Fakiru Week is probably the best fandom week I participate in.

As for fandom events I'm not so thrilled with... In the Ben 10 fandom, there is a month in the summer devoted to the Bwen ship. That's Ben and Gwen. This ship makes no sense. for starters they're cousins. But they grew up more like siblings. Ben is always disrespecting Gwen, calling her disparaging names, insulting her interests, undermining her powers and independence, and playing mean pranks on her. I honestly don't understand why people insist that they love each other (in any way besides how family should love family). Especially when -in canon- they have so many other partners that are so much better for both of them! Bwen shippers are insane. And for one month out of the year, they take over the fandom and force everyone else on AO3, ff.n, dA, and Tumblr to suffer.

furfire's Wife

Devoted Dabbler

9,075 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
So, I've been in a slump with posting new chapters to my stories. I've also got this lovely (not really) issue of posting these thousand-word plus chapters because I just love to write and my fingers take over for me at times.

In the meantime, to those who have been nice enough to click on the link to my Fanfiction account that I've put in my signature, and left reviews on some of my stories - thank you! I appreciate it and will be attempting to update my stories again soon. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff