Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite Reikai Tentai?

Hiei 0.30721393034826 30.7% [ 247 ]
Kurama 0.44402985074627 44.4% [ 357 ]
Yusuke 0.15671641791045 15.7% [ 126 ]
Kuwabara 0.092039800995025 9.2% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 804 ]

MidnightRising
You would have to provide a clear, testable explanation for it and enough experimentation to show that it was not just a placebo effect.

Then, after substantial peer review from medical journals, I would be more than willing to accept it!

I'm sure that there are some websites that can provide that information. There is a history behind it, but in order for me to tell you, I would have to pull out my notes and type it all (which I will never have time for).

It's too bad I don't know you personally, because I would perform some Reiki on you, just to see if it would have any effect.
But Reiki isn't for everyone, so I'm not going to try and convince you to give it a try. That's up to your curiosity. cool
I actually did some research on the subject. Reiki seems to be the manipulation of Ki and passing it into the human body to encourage healing.

There are no studies that show there is anything more to a placebo effect (when it comes to Reiki), or a biomechanical/physical aspect (when it comes to more physical displays of Ki)

Chances are you more learning pressure points than actually manipulating the universe.
MidnightRising
I actually did some research on the subject. Reiki seems to be the manipulation of Ki and passing it into the human body to encourage healing.

There are no studies that show there is anything more to a placebo effect (when it comes to Reiki), or a biomechanical/physical aspect (when it comes to more physical displays of Ki)

Chances are you more learning pressure points than actually manipulating the universe.

Sad to say, but there are no pressure points with Reiki.
There are pressure points in the Bars Techinique, which is like Reiki (which focuses on energy channels that are around your skull), but it's not quite the same.
Ah, then it's just a placebo effect and nothing more.

That's not necessarily a bad thing... unless people are foregoing actual medical treatment for it.
MidnightRising
Ah, then it's just a placebo effect and nothing more.

That's not necessarily a bad thing... unless people are foregoing actual medical treatment for it.

That's understandable.
Reiki really isn't supposed to be used to help someone medically.
It's mostly just there to help someone ground their energy by helping the negative energy exit from the body and into someplace neutral so that it doesn't harm them or anyone else around them. And as long as people are open to it, it really does help.
Yeah, when the mind really wants something to work, it usually does. It's why double blind studies are necessary.

Are you paying to learn it?
MidnightRising
Yeah, when the mind really wants something to work, it usually does. It's why double blind studies are necessary.

Are you paying to learn it?

Yeah, but I'm paying for it because its part of my required education hours in order to keep my license. While I may not really need to know Reiki, it's just something I've interested in for a while. So I figured, hey, if I can learn this AND get my credit hours, then I'm all for it.
Huh, makes sense I suppose. How much more schooling do you have left?
MidnightRising
Huh, makes sense I suppose. How much more schooling do you have left?

Oh, this isn't for school.
I'm required to have 24 credit hours every two years in order to keep my license. So have to do this for the rest of my life, basically, unless I don't want to do it anymore. sweatdrop
o_O Woooooow. That's....

Good luck with that.
MidnightRising
o_O Woooooow. That's....

Good luck with that.

Well, massage therapy is considered a medical profession. So legally, I have to keep my medical knowledge fresh and renewed.

Yeah, it sucks, and to be honest, if I had known that, I probably wouldn't have gone to school for it. But oh well. My next choice was going to be psychology and seeing as that's a medical profession, too, I would have to do the same thing anyway. At least with massage therapy, I learned about the credit hours earlier instead of wasting 4 years in psychology school only to learn about it much later and hate myself for it. sweatdrop
I might go to psychology school later on if my body can't do massage therapy anymore, but I'm not sure yet.
Honestly, I would just do it for self edificiation.

It's why I'm getting my computer science degree when I'm planning on going into Law, and it's why I'm re-enrolling when I'm 30 to get my degree in Physics, and why I'm learning Russian and Arabic when I probably will never need them. Sometimes you should learn just for learning's sake.
MidnightRising
Honestly, I would just do it for self edificiation.

It's why I'm getting my computer science degree when I'm planning on going into Law, and it's why I'm re-enrolling when I'm 30 to get my degree in Physics, and why I'm learning Russian and Arabic when I probably will never need them. Sometimes you should learn just for learning's sake.

I would be doing that, too, but there are other things I want to happen in my life; things I won't get if I just in a chair and study.
Granted, I want to learn all that I can and enjoy it, but I want to have a family, too.
I was going to say otherwise, but then I looked around at all the stacks of books and papers in my room and noticed that there wasn't a single, solitary person here besides myself. So I don't think I'm the BEST example <__<
MidnightRising
I was going to say otherwise, but then I looked around at all the stacks of books and papers in my room and noticed that there wasn't a single, solitary person here besides myself. So I don't think I'm the BEST example <__<

Lol. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces