Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
If you do it, it can't be bad?
Lol. xd

He really means that, too.

Rin-chan~!! Okaerinasai~!! heart heart heart
He really means it??

(How are you, btw???) 3nodding

Tadaima, Miyu-chan! heart razz heart
*kusu* Yeah. Midnight-san is pretty great at beating out people. Superior intellect and all that. Downtime is winning against lesser challenges. He used to help me out all the time. Still did when I got my first Smartphone, actually.

I'm better! I've been doing a lot of writing (Sorry it hasn't been here!) and published my first two books of poetry on Amazon. How has everything been with you? ^-^
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
If you do it, it can't be bad?
Lol. xd

He really means that, too.

He really means it??

*kusu* Yeah. Midnight-san is pretty great at beating out people. Superior intellect and all that. Downtime is winning against lesser challenges. He used to help me out all the time. Still did when I got my first Smartphone, actually.

I'm better! I've been doing a lot of writing (Sorry it hasn't been here!) and published my first two books of poetry on Amazon. How has everything been with you? ^-^

Yay~!!! Yatta~!! heart heart heart Congratulations~!! What are they called???
And it's all good. I know life is ridiculously busy. If I had more time to work on my own fan-fictions, I would, but there are too many other personal projects going on. sweatdrop
I've been pretty good. 3nodding Writing has slowed down a bit, unfortunately (just in a slump), but work, anime, and visual novels keep me preoccupied.

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner

He really means it??

And it's all good. I know life is ridiculously busy. If I had more time to work on my own fan-fictions, I would, but there are too many other personal projects going on. sweatdrop
I've been pretty good. 3nodding Writing has slowed down a bit, unfortunately (just in a slump), but work, anime, and visual novels keep me preoccupied.

Thanks. sweatdrop They're called System Scan and Break The Night. If they sound interesting at all, Break The Night can be read free on my Tablo page, and I can message you System Scan here on Gaia.

I've been straying from fan works, really. Tablo is all my original works, and I really feel bad about the projects I've left gathering dust. Poor old things. I need to finish off - er, finish up with Kurama here. *innocent smile*

Life does that, yeah. Sorry to hear yours has been hectic as well.

You'll get out of it, for sure. If I can start a webpage of my own writing after the slump I was in, you're gonna be just fine. :3 Even so, slumps suck, so here's a hug: *hug*

I've basically stopped keeping up on my anime. Shame on me! Graphic novels too. (Except the new Tsubasa World Chronicle!) Real life has a way of doing weird things to your mind when it comes to choosing priorities.
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner

He really means it??

Thanks. sweatdrop They're called System Scan and Break The Night. If they sound interesting at all, Break The Night can be read free on my Tablo page, and I can message you System Scan here on Gaia.

I've been straying from fan works, really. Tablo is all my original works, and I really feel bad about the projects I've left gathering dust. Poor old things. I need to finish off - er, finish up with Kurama here. *innocent smile*

You'll get out of it, for sure. If I can start a webpage of my own writing after the slump I was in, you're gonna be just fine. :3 Even so, slumps suck, so here's a hug: *hug*

I've basically stopped keeping up on my anime. Shame on me! Graphic novels too. (Except the new Tsubasa World Chronicle!) Real life has a way of doing weird things to your mind when it comes to choosing priorities.

"Innocent smile"?? I'm scared. gonk
Yay~! (hugs back) heart

"Real life has a way of doing weird things to your mind when it comes to choosing priorities."
That is very true. Hence why I am in a slump. gonk

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner

He really means it??

Yay~! (hugs back) heart

"Real life has a way of doing weird things to your mind when it comes to choosing priorities."

I can't see why you'd possibly be afraid of what I might have come up with after all this time. twisted

<3
Anything I can do to help? Something plot-wise you need to talk out?
Oh hey! Rin is back again! Hi Rin!

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
MidnightRising
Oh hey! Rin is back again! Hi Rin!

Hi Midnight~ Been a while.
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner

He really means it??

Yay~! (hugs back) heart

I can't see why you'd possibly be afraid of what I might have come up with after all this time. twisted

<3

Well, when I was in high school, it was a lot easier to write on cue. Granted, half of the stuff I wrote didn't make sense (logically), but at least I got something done. I've always been one to prefer the inside of my own head instead of facing reality, and because I stayed in my head for so long, whenever my characters would talk to each other in a story, everything came out naturally.
However, ever since I graduated, I've been so fixated on reality that over time I forgot how to escape into my head. I've tried meditating, and I've tried automatic writing, but it only works every so often.
Most of my stories are dialogue-based, meaning with everything I write, I hear the characters' words first, empathizing with them, and grasping a better idea about their place in the story I'm working on. And then later, I work out all of the necessary details relating to their environment.
...And here is where my problem lies: I can't hear the character's voices as well as I used to. And due to the kind of work I do, that being massage therapy, I don't have the flexibility or the freedom to write things down if I hear their voices. For a while, I could hear their voices during massages, but because it was so out of the blue and my client could distract me at any moment, I often forget everything that was said or even what the point was in all of it. As a result, overtime, I've had to shut those voices down. And though I try to put myself in a state of mind later on in the evening, I'm often distracted by wanting nothing more than to escape through meaningless internet time, and even anime...because now, thinking about a story for too long, puts a strain on my mental and emotional stamina. But staying in reality too long also puts a strain on me. Even when I was a kid, being constantly forced back into reality was physically painful to me, and emotionally tiring.
Needless to say, I'm always exhausted... crying

...Sorry for dumping all of this on you so suddenly.
I know this isn't even plot-related, but I guess I can't really even think about that until I have this issue resolved first.

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

Well, when I was in high school, it was a lot easier to write on cue. Granted, half of the stuff I wrote didn't make sense (logically), but at least I got something done. I've always been one to prefer the inside of my own head instead of facing reality, and because I stayed in my head for so long, whenever my characters would talk to each other in a story, everything came out naturally.
However, ever since I graduated, I've been so fixated on reality that over time I forgot how to escape into my head. I've tried meditating, and I've tried automatic writing, but it only works every so often.
Most of my stories are dialogue-based, meaning with everything I write, I hear the characters' words first, empathizing with them, and grasping a better idea about their place in the story I'm working on. And then later, I work out all of the necessary details relating to their environment.
...And here is where my problem lies: I can't hear the character's voices as well as I used to. And due to the kind of work I do, that being massage therapy, I don't have the flexibility or the freedom to write things down if I hear their voices. For a while, I could hear their voices during massages, but because it was so out of the blue and my client could distract me at any moment, I often forget everything that was said or even what the point was in all of it. As a result, overtime, I've had to shut those voices down. And though I try to put myself in a state of mind later on in the evening, I'm often distracted by wanting nothing more than to escape through meaningless internet time, and even anime...because now, thinking about a story for too long, puts a strain on my mental and emotional stamina. But staying in reality too long also puts a strain on me. Even when I was a kid, being constantly forced back into reality was physically painful to me, and emotionally tiring.

I know this isn't even plot-related, but I guess I can't really even think about that until I have this issue resolved first.

Miyu-chan confided in me.... crying *grasps in a great hug*

Everything was easier in high school, when creative time was something there was never enough for. I can remember and sympathize well with that. (As well as none of it making sense!) ((Excuse me in advance if I ramble in response.)) I know what it's like to prefer the inside of your head to reality as well. Please believe me when I say that I do.

Here's where there's a notable difference in our writing experiences. When my characters would speak to me, it would come out cinematic-ally. I could literally see and hear everything like a movie/anime inside my mind, and it was always just how I wanted it. Perfectly natural, as though someone else had already scripted and perfected it and was showing it to me. The problem as a writer was translating that to paper. As such, I can only in a sense relate to the voices/dialogue-based essence of your writing. I'm more of a visual type, seeing and feeling the scene before I can speak or write it.

Empathy is good. Very good. You want that to be able to really put passion in your writing, so congratulations on that already.

Reality will do that to you. Reality did that to me. Reality is the reason Didn't You Notice? doesn't have a Chapter 10. I forgot, same as you. The way I described it was that they "weren't talking to me" or that they "locked themselves up". My characters simply wouldn't appear, and when I called upon them, they refused to respond, often leaving me worse off than when I tried to calm down by going to them in the first place.

I'm so very sorry that your characters have retreated from your grasp. It's not an easy or surefire thing to get out of, but I'm happy to give all the advice I can about how I've begun clawing my way out of that slump you've fallen into.

Work is a problem. The problem? You have to work. One tactic I tried, if you hear them while working, is associating what they said with something you have to do later that day. Try to force-start your mind into recalling the inspiration by connecting it with something everyday, casual. "When I eat dinner tonight...." "When I put away my keys..." - sometime when you will have the time to jot down the notes properly. This may help you to not shut the voices down, but to put them somewhere where they won't interfere with your job, and can still come back when you're more accessible to hearing them. It's a lot harder to force yourself into a state of writing than it is to go with one that's already overcome you. That's where I'm hoping this tactic might help. (Just don't forget to eat dinner!)

Let yourself do meaningless nothings. Internet, anime - your mind may need that as a filler just to get you through the chaos of what is currently your daily life. Don't think "I'm waiting for inspiration while I do this." Just...chill. That will help you to restore your energy more than anything. (Netflix and I became good friends in my slump.)

These are personal tips. I have an article here I also suggest you read: http://www.erindorpress.com/2014/06/8-ways-beat-writers-block/?utm_content=bufferd90e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=buffer

*hugs* I wish I could help more. I feel like I haven't done anything to solve the problem, but I hope maybe something I've written will inspire some ease in your exhaustion, at least.

There's no need to apologize. I'd like to consider myself Miyu's friend. In that way, I'd like to be able to help Miyu-chan whenever I can.
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

Everything was easier in high school, when creative time was something there was never enough for. I can remember and sympathize well with that. (As well as none of it making sense!) ((Excuse me in advance if I ramble in response.)) I know what it's like to prefer the inside of your head to reality as well. Please believe me when I say that I do.

Here's where there's a notable difference in our writing experiences. When my characters would speak to me, it would come out cinematic-ally. I could literally see and hear everything like a movie/anime inside my mind, and it was always just how I wanted it. Perfectly natural, as though someone else had already scripted and perfected it and was showing it to me. The problem as a writer was translating that to paper. As such, I can only in a sense relate to the voices/dialogue-based essence of your writing. I'm more of a visual type, seeing and feeling the scene before I can speak or write it.

Empathy is good. Very good. You want that to be able to really put passion in your writing, so congratulations on that already.

Reality will do that to you. Reality did that to me. Reality is the reason Didn't You Notice? doesn't have a Chapter 10. I forgot, same as you. The way I described it was that they "weren't talking to me" or that they "locked themselves up". My characters simply wouldn't appear, and when I called upon them, they refused to respond, often leaving me worse off than when I tried to calm down by going to them in the first place.

I'm so very sorry that your characters have retreated from your grasp. It's not an easy or surefire thing to get out of, but I'm happy to give all the advice I can about how I've begun clawing my way out of that slump you've fallen into.

Work is a problem. The problem? You have to work. One tactic I tried, if you hear them while working, is associating what they said with something you have to do later that day. Try to force-start your mind into recalling the inspiration by connecting it with something everyday, casual. "When I eat dinner tonight...." "When I put away my keys..." - sometime when you will have the time to jot down the notes properly. This may help you to not shut the voices down, but to put them somewhere where they won't interfere with your job, and can still come back when you're more accessible to hearing them. It's a lot harder to force yourself into a state of writing than it is to go with one that's already overcome you. That's where I'm hoping this tactic might help. (Just don't forget to eat dinner!)

Let yourself do meaningless nothings. Internet, anime - your mind may need that as a filler just to get you through the chaos of what is currently your daily life. Don't think "I'm waiting for inspiration while I do this." Just...chill. That will help you to restore your energy more than anything. (Netflix and I became good friends in my slump.)

These are personal tips. I have an article here I also suggest you read: http://www.erindorpress.com/2014/06/8-ways-beat-writers-block/?utm_content=bufferd90e5&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkedin.com&utm_campaign=buffer

*hugs* I wish I could help more. I feel like I haven't done anything to solve the problem, but I hope maybe something I've written will inspire some ease in your exhaustion, at least.

There's no need to apologize. I'd like to consider myself Miyu's friend. In that way, I'd like to be able to help Miyu-chan whenever I can.

(hugs~!!!!) heart heart heart heart heart
This is definitely a different approach to things, I appreciate you trying to help me~.
When say "force-start your mind into recalling the inspiration", do you mean like "retracing my steps, mentally" and organizing it with something I normally do??

And don't worry, you're definitely helping~!!
And thank you. I consider Rin-chan to be my friend as well~! heart heart heart

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

This is definitely a different approach to things, I appreciate you trying to help me~.
When say "force-start your mind into recalling the inspiration", do you mean like "retracing my steps, mentally" and organizing it with something I normally do??

heart
This was just the approach that got me back to thinking. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I want to share what I know to give you your best shot at coming out of this.

In essence, yes. It's a subconscious connection that you're trying to make. Like tying a string around your finger. Associate the memory of inspiration with something you normally do (and thus will be likely to do later that day). Don't force it, just try to make almost a game out of it. "Tomatoes are red. I'm having spaghetti for dinner. Kurama's hair is red. Kurama and spaghetti." - which will hopefully fall to the back of your mind until later that night when spaghetti makes you go; "Oh! I have to write that down!" You may get some odd looks, but it allows you to forget and remember at the same time. The same would work with taking off your coat, unlocking your house to get inside, anything you can relate the inspiration to on a subconscious level that will come up again later.
heart
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

heart
This was just the approach that got me back to thinking. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but I want to share what I know to give you your best shot at coming out of this.

In essence, yes. It's a subconscious connection that you're trying to make. Like tying a string around your finger. Associate the memory of inspiration with something you normally do (and thus will be likely to do later that day). Don't force it, just try to make almost a game out of it. "Tomatoes are red. I'm having spaghetti for dinner. Kurama's hair is red. Kurama and spaghetti." - which will hopefully fall to the back of your mind until later that night when spaghetti makes you go; "Oh! I have to write that down!" You may get some odd looks, but it allows you to forget and remember at the same time. The same would work with taking off your coat, unlocking your house to get inside, anything you can relate the inspiration to on a subconscious level that will come up again later.
heart

Ohhhh, I see~! heart heart heart
(hee hee, I just pictured Kurama-kun eating spaghetti) xd
That does make a lot of sense. There are some things I already do that with (kind of), but, much like Kurama-kun's hair, I often associate colors with characters. xd
More often than not, I'm inspired by music (though I have to be in the right mindset to be able to write JUST from listing to the song).

(UPDATE: Just moments ago, I uncovered a really old laptop I often used in high school for my stories. I haven't turned it on in 5+ years, so this be should interesting to look through)

Timid Bookworm

7,000 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

heart

heart

That does make a lot of sense. There are some things I already do that with (kind of), but, much like Kurama-kun's hair, I often associate colors with characters. xd
More often than not, I'm inspired by music (though I have to be in the right mindset to be able to write JUST from listing to the song).

(UPDATE: Just moments ago, I uncovered a really old laptop I often used in high school for my stories. I haven't turned it on in 5+ years, so this be should interesting to look through)

(I had no plans for it, but I actually wound up eating spaghetti that night. rofl )
That's good! I know one of my OC's, Hunter, is a pretty amber/orange color. He always soothes me to think about.
Music is a fantastic general inspiration. Do you associate characters with songs, like giving them "themes"?

(Congrats! I hope you find/found wonders of old material that spark all kinds of new inspiration for you!!! Happy reading!)
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
Rin-lonely_child

heart

heart

(I had no plans for it, but I actually wound up eating spaghetti that night. rofl )
That's good! I know one of my OC's, Hunter, is a pretty amber/orange color. He always soothes me to think about.
Music is a fantastic general inspiration. Do you associate characters with songs, like giving them "themes"?

(Congrats! I hope you find/found wonders of old material that spark all kinds of new inspiration for you!!! Happy reading!)

HA!! xd
Some characters have their own themes, though for the most part, the music provides inspiration for the overall theme of the story. What's funny is, the characters who have their own themes aren't even the main protagonists. They're often side characters with important roles, but then they die sometime later. I think it's harder finding music for characters who are going to survive because they change so much throughout the story, whereas with characters who die too soon, they leave a stronger impact because they died too soon. You know what I mean??

( Thanks~! I can't wait to look through it all. It literally took three full days for it charge because It's been so long since I've turned it on. sweatdrop )

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff