Welcome to Gaia! ::

Who's your favorite Reikai Tentai?

Hiei 0.30721393034826 30.7% [ 247 ]
Kurama 0.44402985074627 44.4% [ 357 ]
Yusuke 0.15671641791045 15.7% [ 126 ]
Kuwabara 0.092039800995025 9.2% [ 74 ]
Total Votes:[ 804 ]

MidnightRising
It's just... I dunno, weirder than what I watch. It seems like an odd little romcom.

Well I mean I would be torn. On one hand, I'm planning on travelling abroad for work (already have my application in with a few European NGOs that operate mostly in the Middle East), and I may decide to cancel those plans to stay with her. But nothing changing at all would be more like... my soul-fwb. That would be super, I'd love to meet her.

And yeah you've changed a TON. Actually you're really, really pretty.

What's romcom?
And even though it's weird, I would definitely recommend reading it even if you're not a fan of those kinds of relationships. There's an anime for it, too, but for you, I wouldn't recommend it (the anime over-romanticizes the story).

Well if she's you're soul mate, she'll either understand what you want to do in life and accept it, or maybe you'll love her enough to think she's worth staying with.
Lol, soul-fwb. Never heard of one of those. xd

Aww, thanks~! whee
How come you dont post any pictures of yourself?
Romantic comedy. You know, chick-flicks. And I'm not really a fan of manga. And it's not just the whole Japanese thing. I don't even like reading the American graphic novels. Just not my thing.

Exactly. It'll be distracting. My work will (hopefully) help millions. I refuse to stop it for something so selfish. And yeah! You know, someone who you're so completely sexually compatible with (but maybe not personality wise).

I dunno. I just never do. I have one on my Facebook, but that's about it. I can't really post a super recent one, since I start Krav Maga recently. I come home covered in bruises about twice a week >_<
MidnightRising
Romantic comedy. You know, chick-flicks. And I'm not really a fan of manga. And it's not just the whole Japanese thing. I don't even like reading the American graphic novels. Just not my thing.

Exactly. It'll be distracting. My work will (hopefully) help millions. I refuse to stop it for something so selfish. And yeah! You know, someone who you're so completely sexually compatible with (but maybe not personality wise).

I dunno. I just never do. I have one on my Facebook, but that's about it. I can't really post a super recent one, since I start Krav Maga recently. I come home covered in bruises about twice a week >_<

It's not really a romantic-comedy. It has some funny moments (just like any other story does), but it doesn't play a major part in the story. I might be used for character development, but like I said, it's not used very heavily.
Oh well, to each their own.

So you say, but once you meet someone, that might change. Or not.
Sexual compatibility, huh? Everyone's got their own thing. ( and sorry to say this, but my horoscope-loving self can't help it, "That's such an Aries' thing". xd )
I wouldn't know a thing about sexual compatibilty, so I can't judge.

Some may think bruises are sexy. I don't, but like I said, everone's got their own thing.
Oh, it sounded like it would be more of a comedy piece. Is it drama, then?

Actually, sexual compatibility is a real thing. It can be quantified. Actually, it's really, really easy to illustrate.

Imagine someone who likes being dominant (such as myself). If they are paired with another person who enjoys being dominant, they're not going to be compatible because both are always going to desire control. However, if you have the same dominant person paired with someone who enjoys being submissive, they're going to have a LOT more fun together. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say "that's such an Aries' thing".

Actually I think they're more attracted to a fighter's body and stamina more than anything haha
MidnightRising
Oh, it sounded like it would be more of a comedy piece. Is it drama, then?

Actually, sexual compatibility is a real thing. It can be quantified. Actually, it's really, really easy to illustrate.

Imagine someone who likes being dominant (such as myself). If they are paired with another person who enjoys being dominant, they're not going to be compatible because both are always going to desire control. However, if you have the same dominant person paired with someone who enjoys being submissive, they're going to have a LOT more fun together. So I'm not sure what you mean when you say "that's such an Aries' thing".

Actually I think they're more attracted to a fighter's body and stamina more than anything haha

Ohhh, yes. Loveless is filled with drama. 3nodding

I know what sexual compatibility is. xd
I kind of make it a hobby to know about fetishes and stuff, so I get it.
Aries are well known to be very sexual beings (mostly because they are fire signs). It's usually pretty hard to look passed sex in the relationship when it comes to Aries. Sex is usually their top priority. Or if it's not their top priority, they usually stop themselves from having romantic relationships, unless they know first hand that sex is going to be a huge factor in it.

Oh yeah, good point. xd
Ah, well the "huh" made it sound like you didn't believe it existed. And sex being important isn't just because I'm a "fire sign". It's because it's actually scientifically been shown to be important. Love is the response of oxytocin and vassopressin to a certain stimuli-- a person, to be exact. Vassopressin is released during orgasm. More sex (and better sex) means more vassopressin. More vassopressin means more love.
MidnightRising
Ah, well the "huh" made it sound like you didn't believe it existed. And sex being important isn't just because I'm a "fire sign". It's because it's actually scientifically been shown to be important. Love is the response of oxytocin and vassopressin to a certain stimuli-- a person, to be exact. Vassopressin is released during orgasm. More sex (and better sex) means more vassopressin. More vassopressin means more love.

You've got science, I've got astrology. I'm not saying that I'm right and you're not (because arguing about it is pointless, since you have your side and I have mine); I just prefer to follow astrology. xd
Although, I do believe in science, too.
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising

You've got science, I've got astrology. I'm not saying that I'm right and you're not (because arguing about it is pointless, since you have your side and I have mine); I just prefer to follow astrology. xd

There's one problem with that statement. There's no such thing as believing in science. Science is the systematic testing of a hypothesis using experimentation and rational thought. You accept science.

Believing in something means that you have faith in it-- something with no proof that you willingly believe to be true. If there was testable evidence, it would be science.
MidnightRising
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising

There's one problem with that statement. There's no such thing as believing in science. Science is the systematic testing of a hypothesis using experimentation and rational thought. You accept science.

Believing in something means that you have faith in it-- something with no proof that you willingly believe to be true. If there was testable evidence, it would be science.

(Why do you have to get so technical??) xd
My point: I prefer astrology.
And I don't so much 'accept' science, as much as I just acknowledge that it's real. I don't really like science. It can be helpful, but it's also needlessly complicated. Although, I do make an acception with psychology, because (from what I understand) it is an endless string of theories and factual information that gets altered from time to time. And unlike chemical formulas, a person's psyche is always different from another person's psyche, and they share only a few commonalities.
(And yes, I actually have read a psychology book, and I took AP Psychology in high school).
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising

And I don't so much 'accept' science, as much as I just acknowledge that it's real. I don't really like science. It can be helpful, but it's also needlessly complicated. Although, I do make an acception with psychology, because (from what I understand) it is an endless string of theories and factual information that gets altered from time to time. And unlike chemical formulas, a person's psyche is always different from another person's psyche, and they share only a few commonalities.
(And yes, I actually have read a psychology book, and I took AP Psychology in high school).

It may be technical, but it's a very important distinction between something that is testable, and something that isn't. The reason I make the distinction so hurriedly is because it's the only way to block the "well you have faith in science, while I have faith in x! It's the same thing" when it's... not. At all.

Here's what you just said to me: "I understand science is real. I don't like it. However, I prefer the fantasy of astrology." Why do you allow yourself to fall to such willful denial of reality?

I disagree with you in... haha, well all points there. "it is an endless string of theories and factual information that gets altered from time to time". Welcome to science. Science gets changed CONSTANTLY. Theories are changed, re-developed, thrown out the window. You know Newton's Laws of Motion? Yeah they've been shown to be wrong in certain situations. And if you mean something like "water is made of two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom"-- the really basic things-- well psychology has the same thing. We know what part of the brain is the pleasure center. We can identify what neurotransmitters do things-- that part of psychology probably isn't going to change any time soon.

And yes, people's personalities are different, and varies from person to person. But pretty much all the parts of the brain are there. Every brain has a medulla oblongata, a prefrontal cortex, etc. But they react differently depending on the stimuli, kind of like chemical reactions. It's all relative, Londyn!

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
MidnightRising
Bickering, arguing, becoming friends, and then back to bickering and arguing.

You know, standard stuff.

I've decided to minor in math because I'm stuck at my college for a couple years (advisor flat out forgot to tell me about a 3 semester course!) and then go join an NGO.

Any idea about your major?

And then I go and die again for an insanely long period of time. Summer does that to me. I settled on CINS for my major, though. I started out in CINT but switched over by the end of the year. I'll be going to a different school after this next year though, since I'm only at a community college at the moment, and then I'm really hoping to get into some English courses.

Community college or not, though, I still like it loads better than high school, no doubt about it.

I couldn't eeever minor in math though. I'm pretty good up until algebra 2 and geometry, and then my brain just sort of goes "Naw, never mind time to go out to lunch and never come back". Which is a pity since I do need pre-calculus.

Aaaand that got way longer than I intended. Apologies.
Computer Information Services? That's interesting. Wouldn't have pegged you as that.

Yeah CS majors here need Calculus 2 (already completed, thank goodness). But pre-calculus were the hardest hardest math classes I've taken.

Hey always happy to reply to something!

6,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Informer 100
MidnightRising
Computer Information Services? That's interesting. Wouldn't have pegged you as that.

Yeah CS majors here need Calculus 2 (already completed, thank goodness). But pre-calculus were the hardest hardest math classes I've taken.

Hey always happy to reply to something!

Ah, close. It's Computer Information Systems, actually. I should have probably said that. I've been working with computers for so long that I figured I may as well try to get an education with them. Hah, what would you have thought I would take a major in?

To be quite honest, psychology does interest me more than computers, but in terms of actual jobs, I think I would have a much better bet with the computers, despite my ongoing love-hate relationship with them.

This coming fall semester will actually be my third attempt at pre-calculus. I dropped out halfway in high school before it could ruin my GPA, and then I tried taking it online this past spring and dropped it again right after the midterm for the same reason. Hopefully third time really is the charm.
I dunno. Something a little softer, like Psychology or Education.

Precalculus is... just ugh. Took me three attempts, too. Then I got up to Calculus and it was the strangest thing. "Oh. Oh I understand this. Math is actually pretty cool!"
MidnightRising
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising
Miyu~the-spirit-summoner
MidnightRising

It may be technical, but it's a very important distinction between something that is testable, and something that isn't. The reason I make the distinction so hurriedly is because it's the only way to block the "well you have faith in science, while I have faith in x! It's the same thing" when it's... not. At all.

Here's what you just said to me: "I understand science is real. I don't like it. However, I prefer the fantasy of astrology." Why do you allow yourself to fall to such willful denial of reality?

I disagree with you in... haha, well all points there. "it is an endless string of theories and factual information that gets altered from time to time". Welcome to science. Science gets changed CONSTANTLY. Theories are changed, re-developed, thrown out the window. You know Newton's Laws of Motion? Yeah they've been shown to be wrong in certain situations. And if you mean something like "water is made of two hydrogen atoms and an oxygen atom"-- the really basic things-- well psychology has the same thing. We know what part of the brain is the pleasure center. We can identify what neurotransmitters do things-- that part of psychology probably isn't going to change any time soon.

And yes, people's personalities are different, and varies from person to person. But pretty much all the parts of the brain are there. Every brain has a medulla oblongata, a prefrontal cortex, etc. But they react differently depending on the stimuli, kind of like chemical reactions. It's all relative, Londyn!

Even if astrology is considered "fantasy" (which I don't really believe), I don't care. Maybe reality is too hard for me to handle, okay? And don't say that I have to suck it up and deal with it. I hear enough of that from a lot of people. You have your way of handling your reality, and I have mine. Personally, I would rather be crazy than to subject to the things that reality forces on us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff