Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
I remember doing nothing but word wars last year....speaking of that....my signature hasn't changed since last year...... I;m actually able to amek it to a couple write in;'s this year...sense I'm 45 minutes away from my region! they all after meeting me seem fully determined to distract me becaus eI've made the 50000 word count and they havn't!

It will really be weird making thisi' novel while living in dorms....I'm the only one on the hall that's doing it....and like they keep asking me nanowrimo? What is that? why are you doing your school work so early? Bah, I just want to write.

i'm sorry to hear that you are going through some rough times. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always around!

For me I feel liek the morals are just going to show up through character interactions, the way they act and how it would be fitting to follow in their footsteps... I feel like christian morals fit well....especially when you attend a bible college at the moment! Maybe I can score bonous points with my spirit form teacher!

Witty Warrior

Ahaha yes, the word wars were many. They were a big part of the reason I was able to actually finish last year. I remember that siggy, a few people were keeping stats like that smile I’m too shy to go to write-ins… But I think it’s kind of funny that other writers do that. We all secretly get bitter when other people pass our word count, haha.

Ah the NaNo questions, it is that time of year xD I have a NaNo hoodie that I wear a lot and get asked what it is all the time. I’ve recited the mini speech explaining it so many times I can pretty much let my brain tune out while my mouth moves. Dorms should be interesting though. I hope you have a pair of really good headphones!

Blah, college. Here is to hoping that classes don’t get in the way of writing. I’m taking the worst philosophy class this term –insert numerous sighs here. I really like that morals are going to be such a part of your story, stuff like that makes readers think. The best kind of book is the kind that makes you think afterwards :3

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Ohh I want to get a nano hoodie so bad...I want something fromt he nano store, I am bound and determined to get that hoodie...I want it so bad...or at least the jacket.!

Bah, I know. And of course when I do show it to people, it will be like nanoWREEmo and not WRI. It is so annoying!!!!!

I believe word wars are so fun. It makes you right and get thigns accomplish...and I feel like things just roll out the top of my head that I can just write with the satisfaction of....well satisfaction.

This forum has been slow moving, and I stay up so late that I just want o talk, but no one is up. On that note. I am the latest one that stays up in the dorm hall. I am up till like 2 every night. And my roomie....that I wish I just lived alone is in bed by like 10:30. So I park myself on the couch and I write there for eternity and do stuff so I don't bother her. and everyone else is in bed too.... So, the couch is now wrimo couch!

for college we like recieve most of our stuff in advance in the course sylubus. so the book we are supposed to read in English, I'm goin to read it this week. We have Mod week this last week of october, so unless you have a modular course, you don't have class. I don't have a mod. so I'm doing my old testament liiterature research paper this week, and read that book, and that sums a lot of November up. so I will be flying high during that month!

I have to take Intro to Theology next semester..I really don't like theology... I hate it! and i'm trying to pick classes that avoid me being in with my room mate...Me and her are not a match...should never have been us...just doens't work...are standards are way to different. I have my christian views and she has hers. She's a goody too Shoo Christian, does nothing wrong, watches nothing bad...nothing...and I don't roll that way..... so there's nothing to talk about...eprsonality is way oppisite...it's just...?i want to live alone again.

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Here is my cover for my book...it's a tentative name but this is the book cover.

User Image

Witty Warrior

My hoodie is starting to fray at the sleeves, I want another one. It’s so comfy, it’s my go-to clothing item, haha. And actually, surprisingly few people have mispronounced NaNoWriMo when asking me what it is smile

Word wars are the best. I crave the competition, haha. NaNo is all about the personal satisfaction <3

I think the forum with speed up once November is actually here. And also I will be here an insane amount, seeing as how I live on the internet. A college where no one is up at 2am? That sounds like something out of a horror movie D: Don’t you get all paranoid about being loud and waking people up?

November is going to be so busy for me. I have midterms the first week, I’m going to a play, a concert, and a NFL game. Plus the usual Thanksgiving and Black Friday, and I’m going to school full time. It should be interesting haha. I wish I had your ambition to read ahead for some of my classes, but my philosophy book literally puts me to sleep, which is saying a lot because I read essentially all my waking hours and that has never happened to me before.

You hate Theology but you go to a bible college? That seems kind of ironic to me >.>;; Then again I’ve never even been near a bible college so I have no idea what kinds of students go there, haha. Roommates…you have all my sympathy. I’m actually really glad to be living with my mother at the moment. I’m glad to hear you don’t let Christian views keep you from doing stuff you consider fun! I’m atheist (not one of those jerk ‘how-dare-the-pledge-of-allegiance-say-under-god types though) and I’m always kind of envious of people who have such a strong belief binding them to other people spiritually.

Witty Warrior

Very nice cover! I want to make one, but I'm too lazy to do so at the moment. I have done sub-par character sketches though, haha.

The title for my novel this year is 'Across the Sky'

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
I hope that this forum speeds up, it was great last year.

On top of the no one is up late. WE have a curfew of midnight! I absolutly hate it...though there is nothing to do here...it is in the middle of no where! I had my midterms in october...and I only had one. But I have been in so much pain lately because I don't know what but ?i did something to my neck and I can't bend it or it hurts when I look straight, shoulder check, looking down! It's horrible. I bairly passed the mid term.

I'm alos going to a play. My old high school is doing their rendition of Grease.

I'm from Canada...so I've had my Thanksgiving. But we have Remembrance day. and our School. Our classes are either Monday Wednesday or tuesday Thursday. so I only have class monday through thursday...so a full friday to write!!!!! NFL? I'm not a football fan, i don't get the game....I'm an NHL fan though. My parents are Rider fans, and they go to like every game that they can!. What concert? I just went and saw Rise against, it was great!

Theology does not interest me. I mean, some of the biblical classes intrigue me, but not my thing, not my point of study! I much prefer English. People gawk at me that I've written novels! Everyone goes and groans at a 1200 word essay and I look at it...that's not even a full word count day! I came to this college for applied linguistics (so teaching english overseas) and a minor in music. but the school requires you to have bible courses as well....so yea.

I kind of wish I could go out and party! I just want to get together with a bunch of friends and just drink,not till I'm drunk that I can't do anything...but just have some fun! I don't have anything against athiets. You guys have opinions, I may not agree with, but I don't want that to ruin a friendship!

Edit// If you can like get me a picture, sort of centered like mine is, I would be glad to make you one! They are really simple cause it is Picnik...but, I would be happy to make you one!

Witty Warrior

Curfew..? What kind of cruel and unusual punishment is that? D: I wish I only had one midterm. I’m not worried about health or Japanese, but philosophy will suck exponentially. It sounds like maybe you have a pinched nerve. Those things suck, I hope you start to feel better soon.

Ah, Grease! How exciting! I’m going to see ‘No Man’s Land’ with William Hurt starring <3 I’m looking forward to it a ridiculous amount.

Canada, my brethren to the North…but I don’t know what Remembrance Day is >.>;;
I only have on campus class T/Tr, but online classes take up quite a bit of my time too. I’m not really a football fan either, but my mom loves the Seahawks and it will be fun to go. Live sporting events are always a blast. The concert I’m going to is for a band called Wallpaper. Their music is ridiculous, and has the stupidest lyrics and wow I love them so much haha. They opened for AWOLnation a couple of months ago and me and my bestie fell in love. Their onstage energy is so great!

I compare essay word counts to NaNo all the time haha. It makes it seem so much smaller. And as far as writing novels go, by participating in NaNo we’ve done something most people won’t even attempt <3

Which country do you want to teach English in? I’m currently majoring in Japanese (though I’m only a first year student, and I’m currently getting my prerequisites out of the way at a community college before transferring to university) and I know a few people who have taught English over there. They all have loved it and you actually don’t need to know a lot of Japanese to do it.

Maybe not in your situation now, but I’m sure soon you will find friends who have the same views as you! I agree that different opinions on religion aren’t a reason to ruin a friendship. Most of my friends are Christian and I used to go to church with them all the time as a learning experience smile
Zero_unit Kouya
Ahaha yes, the word wars were many. They were a big part of the reason I was able to actually finish last year. I remember that siggy, a few people were keeping stats like that smile I’m too shy to go to write-ins… But I think it’s kind of funny that other writers do that. We all secretly get bitter when other people pass our word count, haha.

Ah the NaNo questions, it is that time of year xD I have a NaNo hoodie that I wear a lot and get asked what it is all the time. I’ve recited the mini speech explaining it so many times I can pretty much let my brain tune out while my mouth moves. Dorms should be interesting though. I hope you have a pair of really good headphones!

Blah, college. Here is to hoping that classes don’t get in the way of writing. I’m taking the worst philosophy class this term –insert numerous sighs here. I really like that morals are going to be such a part of your story, stuff like that makes readers think. The best kind of book is the kind that makes you think afterwards :3

hey

Witty Warrior

Necruse

hey
Hola Neccy. Are you participating in NaNo this year? (:

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
We have curfew until we are third year, or turning 21. It is midnight sunday through Wednesday and 1 am after that. It changes when we don't have class. Most college students don't have class on Friday. EEEEKKKK, I want to take Japanese!

I wish I could be in Highschool one more year, just so I could be in that play. I've heard of no Man's Land, it would be sweet to see!

Remembrance day if I believe is your Veterans day? Maybe....possably.... Basically we have a day where we are supposed to ear a poppy, attend a long service where we see wreeths put out to remember the fallen soldiers...blasted grade three we had to memorize ...what was that poem again.....something by John Mckray....I can't rememebr, we had to memorize it and then present it, so annoying!

I tried to get all my classes on Monday Wednesday...and I refuse ever ever again to never take an 8 in the morning class! I have never heard of this band, I shall have to look them up.

I never thought of comparing the word counts until it was pointed out. so now I have started. It is true, we are insane....but it feels good because I've accomplished it. This is my third year, and the previous two years I have also won even in my first year attempting!

And I want to go to Japan!!!!!! i love the culture and......I want to go to Japan and teach!!!!!!!! I wish I could do the same...I want to learn the language so bad. There is actually some people that share the same view as me....I think some of the dorm girls think illy of me as i talk a lot with the guys than the girls! Guys are so much easiar to talk to!
Zero_unit Kouya
Necruse

hey
Hola Neccy. Are you participating in NaNo this year? (:

No? I'm talkin to my friend ;u;

Witty Warrior

I couldn’t handle having a curfew, I would go nuts. If you ever have the chance to take a Japanese course, do it! I’m having so much fun learning it that I changed my major over from history.
You are the first person I have ever heard say that they wish they were still in high school, haha.
Ah yes, sounds a lot like Veteran’s day. Aw, third graders shouldn’t have to memorize and present things. Leave that icky stuff for the high school years.

Ew 8am classes. I took a jogging class at 8am last Spring. NEVER AGAIN.
And also, I forewarned you that Wallpaper's music is generally terrible. Yet oddly infectious? I dunno how to explain it haha. But definitely if I had heard them online or on the radio before seeing them live I wouldn't like the at all.

We all insane and we are all masochists for doing this every year, haha. I think it’s awesome that you’ve won each time. My first year I got to 17k, the second year I got to 23k, and last year I finally hit 50k.

I hope you get to go to Japan someday <3 My Japanese teacher is native and she says if you’re in the city and you want to practice your Japanese then too bad, because a lot of Japanese people will want to practice their English on you lol.

I’m sorry the girls in your dorm are like that, it’s not fair at all. But at least the guys are cool.

Witty Warrior

Necruse
Haha, that works too. But definitely check NaNo out ;D ;D

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
At least we do not have strict bedtimes, that would kill me. My roommate is liek "you should just try going to bed early" uh huh no. I did the evil thing and may have glanced at her personal notes she kept in her bible. A: She put in, She does things I don't like, swearing, listing to bad music watching non christian shows, dating non christians (her jaw dropped when I told her I had slept in the same bed with the guy) and all this stuff.....blah, and later she wrote, why did I get stuck in a room with Amanda.

Like seriously, I don't know how I was apired up with ehr either. I think there is a Japanese course being offered isomewhere that I could take it, I woulkd prefer Japanese than Chinese that is offered here. so that would be coool! Chinese would be neat too, but I would prefer Japanese way bettee!

Oj, my roomate and I decided, even though I didn't want to get out of bed, went to the gym at 8 in the morning, no never again, I came back sick afterwards.....

We are insane, but we need a quirk that makes us, us! I've written five novels all together. This years nano I want published!

I hope to go to Japan someday too! I guess ina way,, going to japan and they wantingto speak English makes things easiar for us in a way too...I want to go to a mc donalds there...I wonder what their nuggets taste like....

The guys here are awesome. Like.... just so much fun. I met one guy who is also writing a novel, and he's pretty cool, he also is in a band, though i don't care much for death metal...I don't undersstand the words...but the instrumentals are neat! I go to a college called Briercrest...apparently it is also known as Bridelcrest because lots of peopel come here and leave married! there apparently has been 3 engagments already!

By the way, what time is it over there on your area?....watching Inuyasha right now sitting on the dorm couch, I got the dorm to myself for the week...but it doens't feel right being in my dorm room because i'm never in it to begin with.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff