Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

I did it last year, and succeeded! This year, though, I'm working quite a few hours, and I haven't even decided what story to focus on. I'll probably give it a shot though!

8,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Mark Twain 100
It's my first year, and I'm really looking forward to it. I even have an idea already!

Blessed Autobiographer

7,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
I just finished my outline and timeline for my novel. I can't wait.
i want to use this year to finish the novel i started last november. i still have like 30k left to write raw, then like 120k to edit, so ... hmm. maybe this will be fun. 8D

Blessed Autobiographer

7,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Muffers
i want to use this year to finish the novel i started last november. i still have like 30k left to write raw, then like 120k to edit, so ... hmm. maybe this will be fun. 8D

I don't think you can do that with the rules. I believe it has to be something you've never worked on.

Peaceful Lunatic

Fireweed_honey
Muffers

I don't think you can do that with the rules. I believe it has to be something you've never worked on.

No, it can be done. There's a group that call themselves NaNo Rebels that do things like edit previous drafts, or write essays/short stories instead of novels. They track progress by how far along in the editing they are.

And sometimes editing that one paragraph to be better can end up taking more time and effort than writing it took.

Blessed Autobiographer

7,550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
Ysavvryl
Fireweed_honey
Muffers

No, it can be done. There's a group that call themselves NaNo Rebels that do things like edit previous drafts, or write essays/short stories instead of novels. They track progress by how far along in the editing they are.

And sometimes editing that one paragraph to be better can end up taking more time and effort than writing it took.

Did not know that.
This is my third year doing NaNoWriMo! I've managed to win the last two years, so I hope to do the same this year. biggrin

I am from Wellington, the capital of New Zealand and for the past two years, that is where I have participated. However, I am now living in New York City. whee

Adding to that, I am going to be in England for the first half of November. That means that I will be able to participating in NaNoWriMo in two separate regions, while still keeping in contact with my Naner friends back in NZ. heart

It's going to be so much fun! 3nodding

Do I have an idea of what I'm going to write for NaNoWriMo this year? Umm...not yet. xd I'm sure I'll get there!

Aged Noob

9,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm very excited for NaNo this year. Came up with my story idea little late but hopefully it will be good. I'm already anxious to start writing just have to start stocking up on my supplies.
This is going to be my first year doing NaNo. I signed up this year, hoping to have an original idea by the time it came around... Then ended up with a burning desire to write a fanfiction story. XD Oh well, that'll do.

Aged Lunatic

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I actually have a completed outline, know the names of all my main characters and have a fully developed plot. It's the first time I've ever had all of that.

Sparkly Hoarder

Hm, I don't know why this thread suddenly wasn't a sticky for a while, but it's back! xp

I might actually manage to have time for Nano this year. Normally in November something comes up and I haven't even tried. If all goes well I'm planning to do it this year because I need to be silly for a while and work on something fun.
NaNoWriMo...the bane of my existence!!!! I have been conned into signing up this year and now I have a character that I actually care about and a villian. I can see many loooooooong nights ahead of me. Ah well. It will be nice to actually have some material to work with. 

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm definitely going to give it a try this year. Probably not gonna actually sign up and do all that competing stuff, but I am gonna challenge myself to write 50k words.

I have a very detailed outline/timeline of my novel, and, yes, I already have a chapter written, but I'm not counting it toward the 50k words.
razz

I just hope I can stay motivated and disciplined enough to at least get 20-30k words down. xd

Good luck to everyone!!
This is my first year doing this. I'm definitely nervous! I have a very rough outline. How do you guys develop your outlines?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games