Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Noob

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
whimsicaldreamer
So how many plot bunnies has the Halloween event bred for you?

I am going to have a masquerade ball and am trying to figure out how it will be relevant and when it will happen.

I need November to come before I decide the elves have the cure for cancer.

None thankfully. I'm trying to stick with my original idea but so many different idea keep coming up going 'hey! I'm fun too!'. crying
NaNoers!! ^_^

I'm Erinmcc1996 on there...so hey, guys!

Halloween made my story. razz Not to mention the Dr. Pepper, reasonable amounts of drugs, and other things. xD

Anyone else going to stay up all night Monday to start writing? xD

Dapper Fatcat

8,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Hey guys! Do I know anybody in here yet...? (Aside from Flea, anyhow. ^^)

Do you have an idea yet?
I do but it's still very open at this stage. I have some vague characters, and a bit of an outline - but that's how I work best so I'm not worrying too much about it. This is my summary so far:

My Sister is Chaos
Persephone and Eris have always been close. Or at least, Persey has spent most of her life cleaning up her sister's messes. They join "The Great Jeremiah Bach's Travelling Circus" with the hopes that things will be different for them here, that they will be able to start afresh.

And things do change - but not necessarily for the better. The people are nice enough, and the jobs aren't hard, but there's something a little bit strange about the whole set-up. There is a talking tiger who plays dead for a living; a chicken man who can sprout feathers at will; a woman who has had more affairs than her husband (which isn't the strangest but makes Persey feel odd); a man called Avel who lives in the "basement" (only nobody knows where the basement actually is); and a strange cloud that follows them wherever they go, like a perpetual storm is brewing over their heads. The star of the show is a unicorn called Nightverse - but none of the troupe members will say the creature's name, and nobody can even tell Persey why.

To top it all off, ever since they arrived Eris has been acting strangely. She avoids Persey's questions about where she goes late at night, and has a worrying knack for always being around when the worst of the trouble kicks off. Persey is beginning to get a little suspicious that Jeremiah Bach might not be telling her the whole truth.

The problem is, it's hard to pin down exactly what the problem is - because everything here is just the tiniest little bit outré. And then, of course, there is that rabbit hole...

We'll see how it goes. :3

Are you planning it out beforehand or writing by the seat of your pants?
FLYING. Without a map. I love it. Brisk wind in my face and all of my possible failure ahead in a hazy array of clouds. If I do fail, it'll be a proper crash-and-burn epic fail, but the chances of ending up somewhere pretty cool are kinda high, too.

Have you done NaNo before?
Yep. I've done it every year since 2004, and won every year but the first. I love NaNoWriMo. It's almost as good as Christmas (and since this year is my first Christmas away from home, I think NaNoWriMo might actually be better this time around. whee )

Any tips for new NaNo participants?
Just write. Don't worry about what's coming out, just enjoy the process. If it's hard, add some fun. I don't write anything serious during NaNoWriMo; I can do that the other 11 months of the year. NaNoWriMo, for me, is time for the crazy. dramallama

Dapper Fatcat

The Psyche Alchemist
NaNoers!! ^_^

I'm Erinmcc1996 on there...so hey, guys!

Halloween made my story. razz Not to mention the Dr. Pepper, reasonable amounts of drugs, and other things. xD

Not all night, by any means, but later than I usually would xD

No Halloween inspiration here, though. Which is good since my pirates really don't need encouragement to get off track on me.

Revered Nerd

That is good that halloween has not taken your stories off track.

And as for staying up all night, I will be though I have been finding myself staying up all night anyway so I should not be affected by the lack of sleep, hopefully.

Aged Noob

10,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
The Psyche Alchemist

Nope, have to get up and go to work on Tuesday but I'll write as late as I can.

Dapper Fatcat

Yeah I cannot pull all-nighters, even though college students are supposed to be good at that xD Especially now that I have my intensive theatre class in the morning it would probably kill me. I've been struggling to stay alive all semester anyways, so we'll see if I can keep up my winning streak >x>

Dapper Fatcat

8,450 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
As much as I'd love to stay up late and write, I have two conflicting plans. I'm going to my first American Halloween party - and I also have a class at 9am the following morning which I really can't miss. >_> But then, I've not stayed up late for NaNo for several of the years I've taken part. It's not a problem. :3

I'll be up at late as possible, and then up nice and early. =D

Witty Warrior

whimsicaldreamer

I am going to have a masquerade ball and am trying to figure out how it will be relevant and when it will happen.

I haven't really looked into the event yet but I think its great that it is inspiring you :3

Witty Warrior

The Psyche Alchemist

Of course!

Revered Nerd

Zero_unit Kouya
whimsicaldreamer

I haven't really looked into the event yet but I think its great that it is inspiring you :3

So far the event it is really quick I got all of the items in a couple of hours.
I went and found a thread to hang out in and decided I needed a masquerade ball. I think I will have Halloween be a masquerade ball though I still need to figure out why and how they managed to get clearance for one in a top secret government facility.

Witty Warrior

whimsicaldreamer

So far the event it is really quick I got all of the items in a couple of hours.
I went and found a thread to hang out in and decided I needed a masquerade ball. I think I will have Halloween be a masquerade ball though I still need to figure out why and how they managed to get clearance for one in a top secret government facility.
I don't really participate in events anymore >.>''

Masquerades in government facilities? Sounds legit to me =D

Revered Nerd

Zero_unit Kouya
whimsicaldreamer

I don't really participate in events anymore >.>''

Masquerades in government facilities? Sounds legit to me =D

It is legit just I need a reason why they are having it in someone else's building and not their own.

Witty Warrior

whimsicaldreamer

It is legit just I need a reason why they are having it in someone else's building and not their own.
I'd love to offer ideas but my every time I try to think my brain goes 'RURURURURURURURURU' because my Japanese teacher insists on making us watch these videos.

Revered Nerd

My German teacher had us watch these last year in class. They pop up whenever I dream in German.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff