Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two more weeks! Can you do it?

I'm already done. 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 17 ]
I'm ahead of my quota. I'll make it for sure! 0.038961038961039 3.9% [ 3 ]
I'm right on track. Nano says I will finish on time. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 10 ]
Meh. I'm a little behind. But I can cram. 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 11 ]
Awful. I don't think I can do this... 0.16883116883117 16.9% [ 13 ]
I've given up, but good luck to everyone else. 0.2987012987013 29.9% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 34 35 36 > >>

Lonely Puppy

petite saphir

i actually got to about 20k words last year, but all my inspiration sort of fizzled out q vq i'm not too
          worried about speed or pacing since i can easily get out up to 4k words in a sitting so long as i have
          the ideas in mind. i'm just worried about losing my focus partway through again orz; this might be
          what's kept me from starting so far o no

i hate when i can think of an intro, a climax and an ending but no way to connect them slkdfjlsaf

but good luck to all the other writers out there u vu

Hello there ^^
I know what you mean about loosing inspiration >.<
I have the beginning and end of my story planned,
but I have trouble thinking about how to get there o.o;;
I wish you luck as well, and hope you can find some inspiration soon
Some say inspiration comes with a change and scenery,
I get my inspiration from movies or music ^^;;

Lonely Puppy

Taiyo the Egg
WOoo even more nanowrimo gaians!

Hello! I am Taiyo this is my very first year doing NaNoWriMo and I came into it with no plan but I got between five and six thousand words so far.
Considering it was out of the blue I decided to do this, it's working out pretty well so far.
We'll see if I am this into it next week also. xD

Welcome~
That's awesome. Keep up the good work!
Good luck ^^

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
I am writing for my fourth year. I'm shy of 15 K right now. but that has brought me lack of sleep.... I feel like talking here is easiar than on Nano....lest we forget the site crashes and forums all they way into thousands of posts... If anyone would like a word war between now and five, let me know.

Lonely Puppy

Ambien Dreams
u___u I always want to do this but I feel so intimidated.

Aw, why? I'm sure you can do it? What sort of writing do you do?

Thieving Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Overstocked 200
princess ammie
Ambien Dreams

I thought if I didn't do something on my life, something based on my life.
I've always felt like I had so much happen in my life that would make for a good story. My problem is my adhd. I tend to get distracted easily. But if I don't finish, I can always do it again next year from where I left off.
Also, oh god. I have bad self esteem.

Lonely Puppy

Mixy-Chan
I am writing for my fourth year. I'm shy of 15 K right now. but that has brought me lack of sleep.... I feel like talking here is easiar than on Nano....lest we forget the site crashes and forums all they way into thousands of posts... If anyone would like a word war between now and five, let me know.

Hello there ^^
15k, that's great!
The forums on NaNo do seem to get large o.o
I thought it was odd that the site crashed yesterday,
I had never seen it before, since I am fairly new ^^;;
I, and quiet a few others are new to the NaNo world,
would you mind explaining what a "Word War" is?

Lonely Puppy

Ambien Dreams
I've always felt like I had so much happen in my life that would make for a good story. My problem is my adhd. I tend to get distracted easily. But if I don't finish, I can always do it again next year from where I left off.

That would certainly be interesting ^^
I understand though, my best friend is adhd
It can be a little hard for her to finish a lot of things,
I have to be looming over her shoulder just to get her to do her home work ^^;;
But when she's really motivated to do something, she'll sit down and avoid doing anything else.
Plus, like you said, there's always continuing next year ^^
There's no harm in trying~

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Believe me, when the site crashes right before midnight, you will scream at your computer!

A word war. Basically you are haveing a war against fellow people. You set a time limit, so say fifteen minutes. You type as many words as you can in that time and then post your score. It keeps you going.

Thieving Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Overstocked 200
princess ammie
Ambien Dreams

That would certainly be interesting ^^
I understand though, my best friend is adhd
It can be a little hard for her to finish a lot of things,
I have to be looming over her shoulder just to get her to do her home work ^^;;
But when she's really motivated to do something, she'll sit down and avoid doing anything else.
Plus, like you said, there's always continuing next year ^^
There's no harm in trying~

True c:
I follow Neil Gaiman on Tumblr and he's very inspirational, kind and always giving his followers advice. I don't know of any writers that are adhd. I think maybe if I find one, read a book of theirs (I love to read and have no problem with that, especially when I get hooked into a story) and finish it I will feel like even I could do it ;o
But right now I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula, the something edition, with cliff notes of cool extra bonus information.

Tipsy Hoarder

6,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
princess ammie
NonStampCollector
thanks for the welcome!

yes, i like the idea that there will be many other people doing it too.

the hardest part right now is picking an idea and starting xD

i'm gonna do it! if i don't make the 50k words it won't be because i didn't try! burning_eyes

Yes that was the hardest part for me last year ^^;;
So much so that I took long thinking of an idea and didn't participate in NaNo
That's a great mind set to have though.
Congratulations and good luck~

yeah, i found that i was having a hard time picking an idea, so i went to an idea generator and got one that way. sweatdrop

thank you! now i just have to keep my inner-editor from trying to 'fix' everything i write.

Tipsy Hoarder

6,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ambien Dreams
princess ammie
Ambien Dreams

i know what you mean about the adhd and low self esteem.

this is my first time doing this, so i don't know how much advise i can give except maybe keep a pencil and little notebook with you all the time, so you can write down ideas as you get inspired. that way you don't forget them later.

good luck. surprised

Tipsy Hoarder

6,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Mixy-Chan
Believe me, when the site crashes right before midnight, you will scream at your computer!

A word war. Basically you are haveing a war against fellow people. You set a time limit, so say fifteen minutes. You type as many words as you can in that time and then post your score. It keeps you going.

have you heard of this program?
it might be good for a word war.

write or die
Apparently this is yet another software that was designed with NaNoWriMo in mind, for it's goal is to teach you to write every thing and anything off the top of your head, fast as lightening, without stopping to fix spelling errors and grammar mistakes. If you keep writing and keep moving forward Dr. Wicked does nothing and sits back quietly watching you write. But the second you stop writing, the second you go back and try to edit out mistake - Dr. Wicked gets to work. At first it sets off an alarm reminding you that you are supposed to be writing, that you have a deadline to meet and you can't waste time looking back at what you've already written. Ignore these annoying sound warnings, and Dr. Wicked lashes out an attack on everything you've already written sytimatically deleting your words so that you have no reason to go back to see what you already wrote, because everything you wrote has been deleted! The only way to stop Dr. Wicked from totally destroying all your hard work is to start typing faster than it can delete your words.

Distinct Lunatic

7,650 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Friendly 100
Yes, I remember that peice of software. I absolutly despised it. I can write quite fine on my own, and the sencond I stop...I don't eveb have to be editing, but that damned song starts playing and it never stops...it caused me more grief than trying to write...I stay away from it...at all times never to be touched. If I have to stoop as low as that program might as well dig a grave with my laptop in it.

It is good for a word war with yourself. but it's a lot more fun if you compete against others instead.

Thieving Exhibitionist

16,515 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Overstocked 200
NonStampCollector
Ambien Dreams
princess ammie
Ambien Dreams

this is my first time doing this, so i don't know how much advise i can give except maybe keep a pencil and little notebook with you all the time, so you can write down ideas as you get inspired. that way you don't forget them later.

good luck. surprised

Oooh! Good idea.
I have a lot of notebooks. Most I lose or forget.
I normally random open pages and write D:

Tipsy Hoarder

6,400 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Ambien Dreams
NonStampCollector
Ambien Dreams
princess ammie
Ambien Dreams

good luck. surprised

Oooh! Good idea.
I have a lot of notebooks. Most I lose or forget.
I normally random open pages and write D:

well as long as it's written down, you have a better chance being able to use those ideas. maybe try to have a couple set spots for your nanowrimo notebook, that helps me a little bit on losing things.
if it's in the notebook, i gues you'll just have to flip pages if it's in random spots.

i have to write down as much as possible when i get an idea or else i'll forget things when i go back to it. sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff