Welcome to Gaia! ::

Two more weeks! Can you do it?

I'm already done. 0.22077922077922 22.1% [ 17 ]
I'm ahead of my quota. I'll make it for sure! 0.038961038961039 3.9% [ 3 ]
I'm right on track. Nano says I will finish on time. 0.12987012987013 13.0% [ 10 ]
Meh. I'm a little behind. But I can cram. 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 11 ]
Awful. I don't think I can do this... 0.16883116883117 16.9% [ 13 ]
I've given up, but good luck to everyone else. 0.2987012987013 29.9% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 77 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 34 35 36 > >>

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
Yeah I gotcha. That's why I haven't done NaNoWriMo before now. I had school and November is when wrestling season kicked off so by that time, I was already in morning or afternoon practice (I think when I found out about NaNo, we were still in afternoon practice which meant I didn't get home until 5:30-6:00 and I had homework and stuff to do) and then there were the tournaments that could last ALL freaking day, so yeah. Why wouldn't NaNoWriMo happen during the summer? D:

NaNo has a summer camp I was reading about. I believe that is is the same. Writing for a month. It's just that November is National Novel Writing Month so NaNo has to take place officially in November ^^;;

Lonely Puppy

Hybernation
princess ammie
Hybernation
Yea, but will they still send me a book copy?

Yes they will, you just can't sell it to anyone. ^^;;
Okay! I'll do my best, then!

Good luck~

Shirtless Millionaire

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
princess ammie
Hybernation
princess ammie
Hybernation

Good luck~
I'll try my hardest! Started yesterday, at 4597 words! WHY DID I GET DISTRACTED?!?!?!?!

Distinct Loiterer

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
princess ammie
Hybernation
princess ammie
Hybernation

Good luck~

Yeah, I saw that. Is it an actual camp, camp? Or just the same thing as NaNoWriMo but not "official"? The website doesn't explain it very well. Or least not for me. XD

Me no get it...;-;
Then again, my brain is partially fried...And I'm getting no writing down...Ugh. sad

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
princess ammie
Hybernation
princess ammie
Hybernation

Good luck~
Yeah, I saw that. Is it an actual camp, camp? Or just the same thing as NaNoWriMo but not "official"? The website doesn't explain it very well. Or least not for me. XD

Me no get it...;-;
Then again, my brain is partially fried...And I'm getting no writing down...Ugh. sad

I think it's the same thing, but not official....
I can't be sure though, so take it with an open mind >.<;;
My brain is finally working.
I have 800 more words than before,
and the prologue is almost done >w<
And chapters one and two are already in my head,
I just have to type furiously.
If only I didn't have to stop occasionally to do the laundry >.<;;

Distinct Loiterer

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
I'm so close to finishing chapter 1, but the problem is, I'm having problems envisioning my settings. I know Hell Angel takes place in a different realm, at least most of it, in an island setting but the architecture and layout continuously escapes me. Damn it. > sad

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
I'm so close to finishing chapter 1, but the problem is, I'm having problems envisioning my settings. I know Hell Angel takes place in a different realm, at least most of it, in an island setting but the architecture and layout continuously escapes me. Damn it. > sad

Was it a setting you've already established,
and you've just forgotten about it,
or have you not created a real setting yet??

Distinct Loiterer

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
I don't know how to explain it...It's in an island setting, I know that much, but the layout of the island and the architecture and layout of the town on the island escape me. It's a modern civilization in a sense, with a different energy source and slightly different architecture. It's also for a nonhuman civilization which makes it hard. I've never been good at this part. I never had the full settings for Hell Angel completely figured out and it makes me sad. sad

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
I don't know how to explain it...It's in an island setting, I know that much, but the layout of the island and the architecture and layout of the town on the island escape me. It's a modern civilization in a sense, with a different energy source and slightly different architecture. It's also for a nonhuman civilization which makes it hard. I've never been good at this part. I never had the full settings for Hell Angel completely figured out and it makes me sad. sad

Well if it an island would they be living in huts like islanders?
The energy can still be channeled through the ground,
or even by a medallion or something,
the inhabitants have like in Journey to Atlantis the Disney move
if you've ever seen it.
What sort of civilization is it, if they're not human?

My sister and I had a little bit of trouble designing the setting for our world,
but my friend who wants to be an architect helped us out
with the architecture for each of our three nation's capitols. ^^;;

Distinct Loiterer

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
No, they don't live in huts. They're more modern than that. The energy source is a mine-able crystal that can also grow, which is how it lasts. It's found through the Middle Realm where the island is set.
And the main civilization consists of a dragon demon race. They appear human, but have a dragon-esque form they transform into when they fight. They're modern, but they're different and I don't know how to make it different. Doesn't help that my brain is refusing to focus.

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
No, they don't live in huts. They're more modern than that. The energy source is a mine-able crystal that can also grow, which is how it lasts. It's found through the Middle Realm where the island is set.
And the main civilization consists of a dragon demon race. They appear human, but have a dragon-esque form they transform into when they fight. They're modern, but they're different and I don't know how to make it different. Doesn't help that my brain is refusing to focus.

Hm....well dragons in general love gold and jewels. So there may be a lot embedded into their homes and furniture. They also have nests so instead of flooring or carpet they could have a bunch of twigs and stuff like a nest? Maybe?

Distinct Loiterer

5,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Nah, this isn't like that. It's really hard to explain. This story is one I'm super paranoid about people taking because some of its characters are my oldest most protected characters so I have a hard time explaining it to people I don't know in person online. I'm not saying anybody here would actually take my ideas, but people in general are thieves and I'd kill anybody who plagiarized these specific ideas...Bah.

I'll see if I can figure out a way to explain it but I kinda sorta got some help from a friend and a few pieces are starting to click in my mind.

Lonely Puppy

Blue-EyedDragonfly
Nah, this isn't like that. It's really hard to explain. This story is one I'm super paranoid about people taking because some of its characters are my oldest most protected characters so I have a hard time explaining it to people I don't know in person online. I'm not saying anybody here would actually take my ideas, but people in general are thieves and I'd kill anybody who plagiarized these specific ideas...Bah.

I'll see if I can figure out a way to explain it but I kinda sorta got some help from a friend and a few pieces are starting to click in my mind.

No worries, I understand.
I would be devastated if anyone stole your ideas,
just because you were here talking to me >.<;;
I'm glad you got some help from some friends.
I hope it goes well.

Sparkly Hoarder

I don't know where you guys are getting that you get anything at the end of NaNo...

All you get is the bragging rights of having written 50k words in a month. You don't get anything else. NaNo doesn't even save your manuscript (assuming you plug it into the validation thingy). It's just to motivate people who say "One day I'll write a book" and never get around to it.

If you want to publish your book or anything of the sort, you'll have to find a publisher.

Lonely Puppy

Nikiana
I don't know where you guys are getting that you get anything at the end of NaNo...

All you get is the bragging rights of having written 50k words in a month. You don't get anything else. NaNo doesn't even save your manuscript (assuming you plug it into the validation thingy). It's just to motivate people who say "One day I'll write a book" and never get around to it.

If you want to publish your book or anything of the sort, you'll have to find a publisher.

Oh, it's not from NaNo directly. o.o;;
It's other cooperations that work with NaNo.
They give you discounts and offers.
It's just that one cooperation gives you five free copies of your book
if you have completed NaNo. >.<;;
Sorry for not clarifying.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items