Welcome to Gaia! ::

Noryoku Kiyama
Difficult. Very difficult.
neutral

Ah, it's not as bad as ziggurat. xD

This one's just awkward to try and use. I think I'll be creating a
character specifically to get this word in. hah!

Invisible Loiterer

15,825 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Big Tipper 100
HiddenHijinx
Noryoku Kiyama
neutral

True. But for me, lachrymose was the total brain cracker, as of date.
I still don't have a sentence for it. After all the words I did, I still can't figure how to put it.
But I believe that it will come.

Shadowy Senshi

HiddenHijinx

Better a day than half a week! ninja Actually, I kind of like letting them build up.
That way I have time to really digest them and come up with a fitting place for them
in my novel and I don't have to force them. /excuse?

Nah, not excuses =p I find myself often going back to written parts just to add a sentence with the word of the day just because I can't think of new situations to use it in.

Revered Nerd

This new word will fit well in my story, I love the sound of it. I have the perfect character to say the word but I have to get them in the correct situation first.
Today's Word: Bamboozle
Sentence: Bamboozled was she, mystified was she, bewildered was she! FURIOUS was she at their sheer idiocy and vitriolic remarks directed at her choice to opt out of having children.
I pretend that I'm an SAT test when I write these sentences. <<;

On the SATs, at least, when I took them before they changed the setup and point system, the vocab words had to be put in a clear context. Usually, they put synonyms somewhere in the sentence.

Revered Nerd

Today's Word: bamboozle
Sentence: “And that is why we have chosen a southern tribe temple for you to be from Val. Stick with me my lady and you will learn how to trick, steal, and bamboozle to get anything you could ever need.” Pawnrig said complete with a flourish and a mock bow to her.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Sentence: I was bamboozled by how they could sneak up in me like that, for I don’t think I’m that removed from my surroundings.

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Elfus Arianteus
I pretend that I'm an SAT test when I write these sentences. <<;

On the SATs, at least, when I took them before they changed the setup and point system, the vocab words had to be put in a clear context. Usually, they put synonyms somewhere in the sentence.

It also reminds me of the vocab tests I used to take when my English teacher would quiz us in a reading selection..

Jeering Nerd

9,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Wall Street 200
Noryoku Kiyama
HiddenHijinx
Noryoku Kiyama
neutral

True. But for me, lachrymose was the total brain cracker, as of date.
I still don't have a sentence for it. After all the words I did, I still can't figure how to put it.
But I believe that it will come.

I'm doing a realistic fiction, so anytime I need to, I can create a dysfunctional neighbor or a simile for any nouns I need to put in.

High-functioning Garbage

24,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
Today's Word: bamboozled
Sentence: It was impossible to believe what she was seeing. They weren't children any longer but Carlotta had never once had cause to question the priests who raised them and taught them all they knew. How was she to know they'd been bamboozled since birth about their real purpose and how their gift had been used to hurt instead of heal?

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
What a perfect word to pop up just as I get to the part about mt MC's smuggling days!

Sentence: “I suggest that you make good on my trust in you. Well, you and the best lawyer that Penetoke’s money can buy. I’m going to bamboozle the guards, so you can slip by and get back to Penetoke. See you later, darling.” She leaned forward and gave him a kiss, then before he could stop her, darted back into the open.
i cant spell O.o

Dapper Fatcat

Sentence: Vhon managed to whip them up a quick breakfast before the navy ship reached them, allowing the crew as a whole to be thoroughly bamboozled as to why, exactly, everyone’s soldiers seemed to find them suspicious all of a sudden.

Chatty Pumpkin

8,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Sentence: “Go on, you’ve only got three to choose from. Don’t get bamboozled; focus.”

Today's Word: Gyre
Sentence: But as I shifted through the cards, my fingers slipping on the shiny card, I could feel gyres of warm air coiling around my knees, and it felt like Emmeline had set the carpet on fire.

I still have a lot of catching up to do, but whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff