Welcome to Gaia! ::

xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
Seriously, just stop playing it. Sell your character, I'm sure you'll get good money for it. I just don't see the point in grinding until you brain explodes.
BOOMKINS!!

You could be doing something more productive than being on Gaia. So why don't you do that? pirate

Says the person who quotes me on Gaia.

The difference is we admit to wasting our time on WoW yet we love it and we know it doesn't amount to anything. You waste your time on Gaia yet your preach to us about wasting our time on WoW when Gaia doesn't amount to anything.

I'm only on Gaia for a few minutes, how many hours do you guys sit there and play WoW?

You're still on Gaia wink
Hell, you're still on Pokemon, same difference

There's a difference, hun.
I'm not playing Pokemon, the only time I play it is when I need something or someone asks to battle me.
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

The difference is we admit to wasting our time on WoW yet we love it and we know it doesn't amount to anything. You waste your time on Gaia yet your preach to us about wasting our time on WoW when Gaia doesn't amount to anything.

I'm only on Gaia for a few minutes, how many hours do you guys sit there and play WoW?

I'm not playing Pokemon, the only time I play it is when I need something or someone asks to battle me.

To get Pokemon requires leveling to go into the wild to catch more powerful ones. Or AR, which requires you to fork over more money and/or time to find someone with an AR to begin with.

We all don't get what you're here to prove or say.
For all intent and purposes, WoW is a game, and for those 11+ million active account holders out there, they apparently enjoy it enough to pay and play. It doesn't matter if it's free or not, it doesn't matter if it's a waste of time in a day or not... it matters that to those 11+ million account holders how much fun they have playing it no matter the cost.

For the "free" mmo's and other games out there, it's the same thing. You are playing a game that gives you some fun in life. Nothing more than that.. just the same as WoW. Only difference is it's a completely different atmosphere and game style or whatever than WoW. The playing communities are smaller so you lack the social aspect on the grand scale you get with WoW and you don't get the storyline you have in WoW. Sure some of the freebies have some nice little stories behind them, but they aren't as detailed and integrated into the game as WoW.

But the bottom line of it all is this: You play what you like. If you like WoW, you play it, if you like Pokemon, you play it. But just don't go dissing others for what they like to spend their free time doing just because you don't like it. That's like having an arguement over the Whopper and Big Mac because ZOMG one has mayo and the other thousand island.. they are completely different and to each his own.

That said, I just ran my first heroic as a boomkin.. topped the dps charts by 100k against a better geared mage and the DK. Starfall +starfire + hurricane on the mobs in h. HoS = YEAH BABY! I ROCK!
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

To get Pokemon requires leveling to go into the wild to catch more powerful ones. Or AR, which requires you to fork over more money and/or time to find someone with an AR to begin with.

There are people on the forums that will give me the Pokemon I want/need and I usually get them to level my Pokemon for me. That takes a few minutes, I wait a while but it's no big.
Aileanna-chan
For all intent and purposes, WoW is a game, and for those 11+ million active account holders out there, they apparently enjoy it enough to pay and play. It doesn't matter if it's free or not, it doesn't matter if it's a waste of time in a day or not... it matters that to those 11+ million account holders how much fun they have playing it no matter the cost.

For the "free" mmo's and other games out there, it's the same thing. You are playing a game that gives you some fun in life. Nothing more than that.. just the same as WoW. Only difference is it's a completely different atmosphere and game style or whatever than WoW. The playing communities are smaller so you lack the social aspect on the grand scale you get with WoW and you don't get the storyline you have in WoW. Sure some of the freebies have some nice little stories behind them, but they aren't as detailed and integrated into the game as WoW.

But the bottom line of it all is this: You play what you like. If you like WoW, you play it, if you like Pokemon, you play it. But just don't go dissing others for what they like to spend their free time doing just because you don't like it. That's like having an arguement over the Whopper and Big Mac because ZOMG one has mayo and the other thousand island.. they are completely different and to each his own.

That said, I just ran my first heroic as a boomkin.. topped the dps charts by 100k against a better geared mage and the DK. Starfall +starfire + hurricane on the mobs in h. HoS = YEAH BABY! I ROCK!

Do they have fun? Most of them don't. They're kinda like zombies.
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

There are people on the forums that will give me the Pokemon I want/need and I usually get them to level my Pokemon for me. That takes a few minutes, I wait a while but it's no big.

Few minutes eh? We've been discussing with each other in this thread for at least 15 minutes. I doubt many would call that "few". Doubt it only takes a "few minutes" to gather Pokemon wink
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

Few minutes eh? We've been discussing with each other in this thread for at least 15 minutes. I doubt many would call that "few". Doubt it only takes a "few minutes" to gather Pokemon wink

I don't "gather" Pokemon, other people do it for me. wink
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

gathâ‹…er
–verb
to bring together or assemble from various places, sources, or people; collect gradually

You're still gathering from various people, a.k.a. "sources" pirate
A k a i
Aileanna-chan

And I'm going to assume you know most to support this statement? I know quite a few on my server.. Eldre thalas is one of the more over populated servers.. and between horde and alliance, I have quite the interesting in game friends list.. usually I just do a /slash who of their guilds to see who's on since I know at least half the guild members of each of those in game friends... and none seem like zombies to me.. and I'm not a zombie. Most have jobs, families and what not that they always put first. Those who don't, they aren't zombies either.. but rather they have a life outside the game as well.

If we're not having fun, then we don't play. but nothing is more fun than getting a group of gaming friends on vent and in a raid or fun event together and creating havoc. We share a lot of laughs. And Zombies don't laugh.. or have fun .. that's why they are called zombies.. mindless creatures who have no will of their own.. and I do believe all the WoW players I've met pretty much have their own free still.

I watched my 19 yr old cousin play Halo III once.. THAT was watching a zombie. He was glued to the screen, the outside world null and void to him, just sitting there playing online with his friends in a stasis that was quite creepy and disturbing. I have yet to find a WoW player that is like that.

Sparkly Lunatic

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Teh shark has made

Rules

Follow Gaia Online's ToS at all times. Be respectful and considerate. NO FLAMING. You'll be reported and ignored, so don't come here trying to get a rise out of people because you dislike our game.
Please don't make posts alluding to doing things against WoW's ToS as well, such as buying or selling gold, buying or selling accounts, hacking accounts or game mechanics, etc.

*Whistle*
Not pointing fingers but just giving a tiny heads up mkay?<3

her mark <3 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i
xX Le Duc Xx
A k a i

gathâ‹…er
–verb
to bring together or assemble from various places, sources, or people; collect gradually

You're still gathering from various people, a.k.a. "sources" pirate

I still don't have to do the gathering. I do not catch nor breed them. I know how to, I just don't feel like it.
iMeru Mini
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Teh shark has made

Rules

Follow Gaia Online's ToS at all times. Be respectful and considerate. NO FLAMING. You'll be reported and ignored, so don't come here trying to get a rise out of people because you dislike our game.
Please don't make posts alluding to doing things against WoW's ToS as well, such as buying or selling gold, buying or selling accounts, hacking accounts or game mechanics, etc.

*Whistle*
Not pointing fingers but just giving a tiny heads up mkay?<3

her mark <3 User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If I wanted to get a rise out of you guys, I would have trolled.
Nice font colors...
@A k a i: You have yet to provide any names of any other MMORPGs that are supposedly better than World of Warcraft. As for Poke'mon? Please. It's the same old s**t served up time and time again. The only "new" thing they add to the games are some more ridiculously s**t-tastic poke'mon that are pretty much the same as the other five hundred billion poke'mon. There is no storyline other than "zomg i wan be teh pokemanz masterrrz!!11 loulz". Yeah, so original. Also, you linked us to Encyclopedia Dramatica, why? That website is filled with closet homosexuals who have nothing better to do than insult and berate others for their own personal amusement. Do you know what kind of people do that? The same fat, undereducated, pathetic, faggots they make fun of. Now, since all you're doing is attempting to troll the thread and failing miserably at it, I suggest you run along before your feelings get hurt, m'kay?
Aileanna-chan
A k a i
Aileanna-chan

And I'm going to assume you know most to support this statement? I know quite a few on my server.. Eldre thalas is one of the more over populated servers.. and between horde and alliance, I have quite the interesting in game friends list.. usually I just do a /slash who of their guilds to see who's on since I know at least half the guild members of each of those in game friends... and none seem like zombies to me.. and I'm not a zombie. Most have jobs, families and what not that they always put first. Those who don't, they aren't zombies either.. but rather they have a life outside the game as well.

If we're not having fun, then we don't play. but nothing is more fun than getting a group of gaming friends on vent and in a raid or fun event together and creating havoc. We share a lot of laughs. And Zombies don't laugh.. or have fun .. that's why they are called zombies.. mindless creatures who have no will of their own.. and I do believe all the WoW players I've met pretty much have their own free still.

I watched my 19 yr old cousin play Halo III once.. THAT was watching a zombie. He was glued to the screen, the outside world null and void to him, just sitting there playing online with his friends in a stasis that was quite creepy and disturbing. I have yet to find a WoW player that is like that.

I've seen many people that play WoW in that state. My one friend didn't even know why he played, it was a habit... he was not having any fun.
A k a i
Aileanna-chan

Right right. Because those people on that wiki speak for ALL of the wow player base. Considering how varying the ages, ethnicities, and walks of life the 11 million playerbase is.

A portion of the player base sits in dark room and wastes their life. But no more then other people who get obssesed with a hobby. Like Pokemon players. Table top players. Whatever.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff