Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which Void abomination is your favorite?

Cho'Gath, the Terror of the Void 0.13920240782543 13.9% [ 185 ]
Kassadin, the Void Walker 0.079759217456734 8.0% [ 106 ]
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss 0.19864559819413 19.9% [ 264 ]
Kha'Zix, the Voidreaver 0.17832957110609 17.8% [ 237 ]
Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void 0.17155756207675 17.2% [ 228 ]
Vel'Koz, the Eye of the Void 0.23250564334086 23.3% [ 309 ]
Total Votes:[ 1329 ]

Dapper Citizen

Gaia Username: Famine Fox
League Username: FamineFox
Preferred Role(s)/Champions: Just about anything. More depending on the champion.
Server (Abbreviated): US
Anything Else?: Just....tired of all these bads. I have some losing streaks but seriously...Play smart...

Dapper Citizen

So thoughts/comments/rages on Supports not buying wards...

Just had a Soraka buy no wards and claim that if you need to see MIAs, just look at the map. THAT'S NOT THE ONLY THING THEY'RE FOR. It helps you push in lane safer and more effectively. I mean seriously...

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
Famine Fox

Just had a Soraka buy no wards and claim that if you need to see MIAs, just look at the map. THAT'S NOT THE ONLY THING THEY'RE FOR. It helps you push in lane safer and more effectively. I mean seriously...

Just played a Lulu game as Support/AP Carry. I forgot to buy wards most of the time. But we had a Teemo and most of our teammates bought them so I didn't feel bad. I normally don't forget, I'm not really sure what happened. However, that Soraka deserves to be punished.

Dangerous Friend

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
Famine Fox

That'll ruin pretty much anyone's night, yea, the bads are everywhere. I get solo queue blues pretty much every time I hit the button.

Dapper Citizen

Ezelus
Famine Fox

Just played a Lulu game as Support/AP Carry. I forgot to buy wards most of the time. But we had a Teemo and most of our teammates bought them so I didn't feel bad. I normally don't forget, I'm not really sure what happened. However, that Soraka deserves to be punished.

Well if you have someone with natural wards like Teemo (or maybe Shaco) then that's fine, but we had no such thing. :l

Super Sweetheart

20,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Famine Fox
Ezelus
Famine Fox

Well if you have someone with natural wards like Teemo (or maybe Shaco) then that's fine, but we had no such thing. :l

In terms of warding. EVERY ONE DOES IT. It's not just the jungler or the supports job. It's everyone.
If the AD carry backs and the support is holding your lane. AD Carry should buy ONE ward. If not they're a tard.
If someone says that the Support should be the only one warding, they're a tard.
If you blame the support for not warding when they're saving up for GP5s and you're the AD Carry not buying wards when you back when the support can't afford them, you're a tard.

Tl:dr: EVERY ONE SHOULD WARD AND NOT BLAME SOMEONE FOR NOT DOING IT!
/End rant.

Dapper Citizen

ZakeraZero
Famine Fox
Ezelus
Famine Fox

In terms of warding. EVERY ONE DOES IT. It's not just the jungler or the supports job. It's everyone.
If the AD carry backs and the support is holding your lane. AD Carry should buy ONE ward. If not they're a tard.
If someone says that the Support should be the only one warding, they're a tard.
If you blame the support for not warding when they're saving up for GP5s and you're the AD Carry not buying wards when you back when the support can't afford them, you're a tard.

/End rant.

Well, of course everyone should be getting wards but it's the Support's job to do it. To teach someone that a Support can depend on their carry to bring back wards instead of them hinders their learning experience from them doing it. They'll say, "Well, I don't need wards because that guy will get them. I'm doing my job as a Support." This would be true, but they are slacking from a majority of their role.

The reason why Supports get wards rather than their carries is because even if the carry is doing well, then that means they should be doing well enough to buy better things faster. This allows them to dominate the game. But if they buy wards rather than the Support, then they are going the same pace as the opposing carry and thus, making a harder situation for them and the rest of their team.

Man-Hungry Fairy

9,800 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Full closet 200
Supports should buy wards in bulk. Everyone else should buy at least one every time they go back.

Problem solved.

Super Genius

8,600 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Famine Fox
ZakeraZero
Famine Fox
Ezelus
Famine Fox

/End rant.

Well, of course everyone should be getting wards but it's the Support's job to do it. To teach someone that a Support can depend on their carry to bring back wards instead of them hinders their learning experience from them doing it. They'll say, "Well, I don't need wards because that guy will get them. I'm doing my job as a Support." This would be true, but they are slacking from a majority of their role.

The reason why Supports get wards rather than their carries is because even if the carry is doing well, then that means they should be doing well enough to buy better things faster. This allows them to dominate the game. But if they buy wards rather than the Support, then they are going the same pace as the opposing carry and thus, making a harder situation for them and the rest of their team.

To me, it's not that the Support shouldn't be your primary wardslut, it's that the Support just CAN'T be everywhere, and thus can't always have the place you want lit up, lit up. It gets even harder for them if the enemy has a stealth champion, so they need to spend extra on either pink wards or an early Oracle's. And sometimes, yes, the Support is going to find themself without a ward because they ran out and need their next gold/10 more than a ward. Having a policy of one ward per back unless it would keep you from a core item is generally a good way to go for non-Supports, and Supports usually want 2-5 unless they can't afford it.

Sentai

15,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My new Poll Goal....EVE MUST WIN EVERYTHING!

Dapper Genius

6,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Generous 100
  • Junior Trader 100
The support SHOULD be everywhere mid to late game, though. Why? To ward and to clear enemy wards, since that's what a support does. Other than that, you just carry around the auras to help your team. Map vision is firstly the support's job, and the jungler's secondly. The rest can get wards but it'll hinder the gold built up for the rest of their build, which is usually already expensive for carries.
i enjoy watching streams and i have noticed something that begs the question.

Why do people LOVE corki?
(reason i brought up streams is that i have barely seen corki's in game's i've played)

it seems like he has to be fed to all hell to be halfway effective

Dapper Nerd

F 0 R E S H A D 0 W I N G
i enjoy watching streams and i have noticed something that begs the question.

Why do people LOVE corki?
(reason i brought up streams is that i have barely seen corki's in game's i've played)

it seems like he has to be fed to all hell to be halfway effective

He has a good poke, really. He has a great armor pen. I don't really know. Personally I hate corki.
i had the most farm, most assists, less deaths, and kills
everyone on my team had negative kdr
User Image

Distinct Elder

Ezelus
Supports should buy wards in bulk. Everyone else should buy at least one every time they go back.

Problem solved.

Seconding. It's crippling when anyone is selfish about warding on the team -- supports and carries alike.

I usually buy 3~5 wards on every back if I can and get one or two GP5 items so that I can still afford my core items (usually Aegis of Legion, Shureleya's Reverie, Will of the Ancients, etc. depending on the champ). My carry usually guys one every back or two (I usually play with people I know so I don't have to deal with random baddies that don't communicate). If I'm midding, I'll buy two wards for the river so I won't get ganked every back or so (if the jungler hasn't warded already).

Speaking of supports, Lulu is freaking amazing. I've never seen such an effective aggressive support. I can't stop playing her -- she's so good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff