H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Romantic Lunatic

What I want to know is how things were done before using the asuachi.

Where they just not able to use that aspect of their powers or were they able to express them through their own bodies without the sword.

Imagine how Ouetsu explained to the others the first time. "Dudes, if you use these... eek we can see you soul!" cool

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

This Unohana thing rubs me the wrong way, imo. At first it was kinda nifty, but those expressions just aren't right on her.

Maybe it's because she's making them, or maybe it's because her face looks different now or something. Iunno, it seems really off to me...

It puts things into perspective, yes, like why the old guys are scared of her and how she's able to frighten everyone with that one look. Or why her stats were equal with Yama's. But like... how you gonna be the world's worst criminal and have a manta ray that heals people?!

Yes, I did see the past back there about limiters. Sounds like rubbish to me; limiters reduce reiatsu, not alter Zanpakuto. Guess the only way it could make sense is if Minazuki's Bankai was death in a sheath, but even then it doesn't really fit the hack and slash swordmasters that are the Eleventh Division. Or if Sunglasses gave her a new one because the old one broke or some s**t. Idk...

Curious to see what made her go from cold-blooded killer to Captain Mom.

Romantic Lunatic

It is so weird that all this stuff is involving her. If we told anybody who was really behind or ourselves a few chapters back I think the reaction would be something like "that has to be out of one of the weirdest fanfictions, I can only imagine what else they have going on in that story" rolleyes

I just keep remembering one of her some of her comments.. even when she's all nice and what we know.. she sometimes throws in some words with that smile that cause a double take. I'm sure there are some in canon, but what's stuck in my head ( I think during/right after Zanpakutou Rebellion) is the one where some of them are running around the 4th like idiots and she just sits and smiles and when she almost gets bowled into says, "Remember that while you are in the 4th division, you lives are in our hands."

---

I wasn't here when Aizen defected but did the thread have some of the same reactions to that that are going on now?

---

Another maybe with her zanpakutou.. maybe it's effects are based on her intents.. Allies (or whoever she feels like healing) get healed, but if someone was to cross her, they'd be digested.

That and RL manta rays have scary bad stingers...wonder if that will be used. (well technically Mantas don't but they're suborder of stingrays, depends on what Minazuki is closest too)

Could her seeming personality flip be because someone she would rather have not, got badly injured? Could make it so that she would rather heal anybody who holds still and lets her, than to continue with the lifestyle she was leading before. She could have done it herself..that would really be a mindfreak to someone.

Enough to leave a division founded on fighting and lead one based in healing.

---

And then of course what ever sparked her fight with the current 11th taichou.. if he isn't that old, I dunno if they would have met while they were both freakin nuts.
--

Aren't they on the same prison level as Aizen is now?
How appropriate. When I was trying to type this up, Google Chrome crashed. MUST BE A SIGN. Oh well. I must persevere.

So alternative idea:
For lack of a better term because squick, maybe Yamaji tamed Unohana. OH GOD. VOMIT IN MY MOUTH. No, seriously. I'm not really sure of the timeline, but we know some things.
  • Unohana = deadliest warrior/criminal ever. At this point of time, Gotei 13 was not made yet.
  • ???
  • Gotei 13 is established. Unohana is one of the founding members.
  • ???
  • At some point, Kirinji teaches her the power to heal.
  • ??? Captain Mom time?
  • Urahara becomes a captain. Unohana has a different lieutenant that we never hear about ever again (Hana's big bro). Significant? Probably not. Maybe he died. Unohana had a big NOOOOO moment. 100% healer instead of 50% dps lol.
  • ????????
  • Present day.

My head hurts now.
i can't wait for the next chapter

Gambino Cultist

13,900 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Champion 300
unohana yachiru

Get yourself ready for the fight of your life!
Sir Zoid
unohana yachiru

Get yourself ready for the fight of your life!
YEEAAH emotion_donotwant

Generous Explorer

28,800 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
at least we know why she wore the strange front braid- hiding that scar -

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Taigaa-tono
Curious to see what made her go from cold-blooded killer to Captain Mom.

Painkillers.

User Image

Romantic Lunatic

That's why she transferred!

And now the cabinet key's been hidden til after Kenpachi's lesson..so she's ticked.

Kyouraku should know better than to mess with someone's stash.

Oetsu said a shinigami projects their essence onto their soul cutters so if for whatever reason, Unohana was desperate to abandon her old life and become a pacifist, it kind of makes sense that her abilities would change accordingly.

There's also the idea that she was always able to heal people but originally used that power to heal her opponents when they were on the brink of death so she could beat them up all over again. User Image
Random thought:
Unohana as Kenpachi's Oneesan. I would actually want to see h-doujin of this or at least comedy/slice-of-life 4koma.
Not much happening in this one, except elaborating a bit on the Kenpachi-Unohana connection as well as more of Kubo's improving artwork. Seriously, it's like now he only does this job mainly for the art.
Son of Providence
Not much happening in this one, except elaborating a bit on the Kenpachi-Unohana connection as well as more of Kubo's improving artwork. Seriously, it's like now he only does this job mainly for the art.

And Ken cried.

Gee, I can't wait for next month's month-long flashback. That's how long it's probably going to take knowing Kubo.

KUBO'S EDITOR: THIS IS THE FINAL STORY ARC BUT HOW MUCH PADDING CAN WE ADD TO IT. WE NEED MORE FLASHBACKS AND MORE TRAINING MONTAGES WITH THE FULLBRINGERS AND ICHIGO'S FRIENDS + GRIMMJOW.
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Son of Providence

And Ken cried.

Gee, I can't wait for next month's month-long flashback. That's how long it's probably going to take knowing Kubo.

KUBO'S EDITOR: THIS IS THE FINAL STORY ARC BUT HOW MUCH PADDING CAN WE ADD TO IT. WE NEED MORE FLASHBACKS AND MORE TRAINING MONTAGES WITH THE FULLBRINGERS AND ICHIGO'S FRIENDS + GRIMMJOW.

I've read my fair share of manly series and I while I do see Kenpachi shedding tears, I felt that Kubo's build up of it was a bit... lackluster. I mean we're talking about a guy who practically prides himself on his independence and self-reliance. For a such a strong man to shed tears, you'd think it'd taking something catastrophic to make him even bat an eyelash in somber.

I agree with on the flashback length and the editor's part in most matters. Especially when it comes to long winded shounen titles, editors always have a part to play in extending the story. As a matter off fact, I noticed that this arc is no longer than 'The Thousand Year Blood War' arc and is now called the 'Reioukyuu' arc instead.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff