Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, a new poll! Would you be willing to help update the (rather lacking) information on the front page?

No thanks - I'm here to learn and I don't think I know enough. 0.14197530864198 14.2% [ 23 ]
No thanks - I'm just not interested. 0.08641975308642 8.6% [ 14 ]
No thanks - I'm absurdly busy! 0.1358024691358 13.6% [ 22 ]
Maybe, depending. I want to ask Gil a few questions first. 0.25308641975309 25.3% [ 41 ]
Of course I would! I'll go PM Gil right now. 0.049382716049383 4.9% [ 8 ]
I like clicking options on polls 0.33333333333333 33.3% [ 54 ]
Total Votes:[ 162 ]

Jeez.. I'm on this writing forum (haha, yeah. i'm a nerd.), talking to one of my newer friends (she's also very religious). I tell her about going to different LGBTQ websites and forums, asking for assistance on accepting my sexuality and she just.. stopped talking to me. I'm kind of upset right now.. stare
She could be offline.

Aged Gaian

6,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Tipsy 100
cosmicatastrophe
Jeez.. I'm on this writing forum (haha, yeah. i'm a nerd.), talking to one of my newer friends (she's also very religious). I tell her about going to different LGBTQ websites and forums, asking for assistance on accepting my sexuality and she just.. stopped talking to me. I'm kind of upset right now.. stare

Ugh, people are going either embrace or reject it....
Give her some time I guess.
cosmicatastrophe

Ugh. I hate when people do that. It's so rude!
There was this one thread here on Gaia that analyzes each quote that is used against homosexuality and explains what it could mean et cetera, effectively debunking that the Bible is against homosexuality. I forgot where it is though.
Son Lune
She could be offline.

...she was writing. Ahaaaa.. sorry. sweatdrop

'Look. I'm not mad or anything, and I know you're trying. Me rejecting you because of that won't help. You know how I feel, and I know how you feel about it. But I also know that sometimes we have to go out and find our own answers.

Don't worry; God's with you. You know what I ask Him when I pray for you? That you will have a good day; and that He'll help you in whatever way you need. That's not something for me to decide.

I'm just asking that He be with you. Everyone's walk is different. '

That's what she just wrote.. which is alright.. better than her spewing Bible verses in my face, I guess.
Pretty soon, I'm getting married to my boyfriend. My parents aren't coming to the wedding, they hate that I'm gay.
ZoraPrime
There was this one thread here on Gaia that analyzes each quote that is used against homosexuality and explains what it could mean et cetera, effectively debunking that the Bible is against homosexuality. I forgot where it is though.

FOUND IT!
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-what-christ-said-and-more/t.22055569/
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/extended-discussion/homosexuality-is-not-a-sin-what-christ-said-and-more/t.22055569/

Hey, OP, you might want to link this in the first post.
cosmicatastrophe
Son Lune
She could be offline.

'Look. I'm not mad or anything, and I know you're trying. Me rejecting you because of that won't help. You know how I feel, and I know how you feel about it. But I also know that sometimes we have to go out and find our own answers.

Don't worry; God's with you. You know what I ask Him when I pray for you? That you will have a good day; and that He'll help you in whatever way you need. That's not something for me to decide.

That's what she just wrote.. which is alright.. better than her spewing Bible verses in my face, I guess.

It's way better than what I was stuck in when I was at ya tech. She put it nicely.
ZoraPrime
ZoraPrime

FOUND IT!

Thanks.. you have no idea what this means to me. =)
-Morgan-Va-
Pretty soon, I'm getting married to my boyfriend. My parents aren't coming to the wedding, they hate that I'm gay.

I'm sure it'll be a happy day, no matter, no?
Son Lune
cosmicatastrophe
Son Lune
She could be offline.

It's way better than what I was stuck in when I was at ya tech. She put it nicely.

YA Tech? What happened there (if you don't mind me asking)?
Son Lune
-Morgan-Va-

I'm sure it'll be a happy day, no matter, no?

I hate my parents, I'm glad they won't come.
ZoraPrime
ZoraPrime

FOUND IT!

I love that thread. Linaloki is so awesome.
People usually ignore the first page of it though....
cosmicatastrophe

YA Tech? What happened there (if you don't mind me asking)?

It means young adult something something it was about Jesus, it was a Jesus camp? They take away your ipods/cellphones etc. oh and don't forget the clocks! Anywho, Alex made me go, still don't get that boy and his religious views. Missing the point sorry, lol.

I was in this group and homosexuality came up and then they went into how it was so wrong and sinful and was like how they, blah blah blah blah. Which made me frozen to the ground and I didn't know what to do. I wanted to say how wrong they were, how awful the things coming out of their mouths...was horrid. Yet I sat there mouth glued shut. I always felt bad since my friends yelled at me when I told them I didn't say anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff