Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
dskaterdude
neutral exactly, why would i want to say why its wrong? any ways read the bible it even says that thou shalt not stick his wiener is his bum bum rofl ( it doesn't say exactly the same 3nodding but its not like i read bible everyday, i was told this when i was like 4 and till now) and do animals do it confused ? scream no! so go back to being straight save yourself from burning in the depths of hell. twisted
Your stupidity is astounding.

Even my mother admits that the bible says nothing in direct rejection of homosexuality; Leviticus 18:22 is for Jews, not Christians; unless you're going to follow ALL of the laws in Leviticus, you have no right to use that as an argument against homosexuality.

The only way you could logically argue against homosexuality as a Christian is if you believe that sex before marriage is morally wrong, and marriage is still legally defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is -IT-.
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
dskaterdude
neutral exactly, why would i want to say why its wrong? any ways read the bible it even says that thou shalt not stick his wiener is his bum bum rofl ( it doesn't say exactly the same 3nodding but its not like i read bible everyday, i was told this when i was like 4 and till now) and do animals do it confused ? scream no! so go back to being straight save yourself from burning in the depths of hell. twisted

Even my mother admits that the bible says nothing in direct rejection of homosexuality; Leviticus 18:22 is for Jews, not Christians; unless you're going to follow ALL of the laws in Leviticus, you have no right to use that as an argument against homosexuality.

The only way you could logically argue against homosexuality as a Christian is if you believe that sex before marriage is morally wrong, and marriage is still legally defined as the union between a man and a woman. That is -IT-.

*highfives* I KNEW there was a reason I liked you! I've been reading your posts lately....You've got a pretty level head on your shoulders.
Charon Eris
I don't see why sexuality's so much of an issue. Truly, especially on Gaia, people don't give a ********.

Anyways, there are tons of way more oppressed groups that a person could of been born into, seriously, why do we focus on gays?

I blame those damned yaoi fangirls and the stupid trend it was to be gay.

I mean, really, even though I'm gay I really could care less. It's not like I feel I DESERVE anything for it.

Yup.
Perfect. <3

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
NekoGirl84
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
dskaterdude

*highfives* I KNEW there was a reason I liked you! I've been reading your posts lately....You've got a pretty level head on your shoulders.
x3 I've got to be pretty level-headed to deal with stupidity in my job and my family.

Besides, a lot of that I've heard from other people, so I can't get all of the credit...my mother is the one who told me about the argument of sex before marriage/marriage legally being defined as that of a man and a woman.
Hitomi is an alcachofa!
User Image

User Image

User Image

xd
I'm totally for it.
Iron Knee
i believe that everyone is naturally straight, and that its the society or family of a child that determines whether that child will be gay or not. every little thing makes a difference when that childs young, and its that persons responsibility to do whats right and supress those feelings, its basically a test

So if society makes you gay then why are there gay animals? How can family determine if you are gay? I knew since I was a little kid that I was gay.

It is not a sin so there is no need to suppress it. Your not supposed to follow OT laws. Sodom and Gomorrah was not destroyed because the people were gay. They were raping. In Romans it is not about being gay it is about worshiping sex gods and having orgies.

There are two verses that use the word homosexuals in the Modern English versions of the Bible, or at least many of the popular ones. Let's look at them in English, shall we?

"1 Corinthians 6:9-10, NIV"
Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.

The next verse isn't commonly translated as homosexual, so we will temporarily depart from our use of the NIV.

"1 Timothy 1:10, NASB"
and immoral men and homosexuals and kidnappers and liars and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching,

Now. That's what they say in English. Homosexuals, homosexual offenders, effeminate, or sodomites. Let's look at them in Greek.

Homosexual, in Greek, is now: ομοφυλοφιλικός, or omophulophilikos as best as my translating abilities carry me. Now, we'll play spot the word.

"1 Corinthians 6:9-10, Greek"
ἢ οὐκ οἴδατε ὅτι ἄδικοι θεοῦ βασιλείαν οὐ κληρονομήσουσιν; μὴ πλανᾶσθε: οὔτε πόρνοι οὔτε εἰδωλολάτραι οὔτε μοιχοὶ οὔτε μαλακοὶ οὔτε ἀρσενοκοῖται οὔτε κλέπται οὔτε πλεονέκται, οὐ μέθυσοι, οὐ λοίδοροι, οὐχ ἅρπαγες βασιλείαν θεοῦ κληρονομήσουσιν.

That section that I've bolded is where the words translated to homosexual and company are. Let's look at them closely.

μαλακοὶ, or malakoi, and ἀρσενοκοῖται, or arsenokoitai. Do those look like ομοφυλοφιλικός, or omophulophilikos? On to Timothy.

"1 Timothy 1:10, Greek"
πόρνοις, ἀρσενοκοίταις, ἀνδραποδισταῖς, ψεύσταις, ἐπιόρκοις, καὶ εἴ τι ἕτερον τῇ ὑγιαινούσῃ διδασκαλίᾳ ἀντίκειται,

See ομοφυλοφιλικός? Doubtful. ἀρσενοκοίταις is what shows up. It says arsenokoitais, which I'm told is the same as arsenokoitai. Still isn't omophulophilikos.
A big question to ask is this: "If Paul didn't condemn homosexuals before these two verses... And Christ didn't condemn them... and the Old Testament didn't condemn them... But everything else Paul condemned was condemned by the Old Testament or Christ... Where'd he get it from?"

Paul does not condemn homosexuals. Bad translators do.

Uh? Does anyone still care about this anymore?
It's natural. Really. It's part of our society. It has always been.
The sooner you learn to accept it, the happier you'll be, because fighting it isn't going to do jack s**t except piss a bunch of people off.
But if you ARE homosexual and go about flaunting it, I hope someone hits you in the face. Nobody should go about flaunting anything: orientation, race, gender, etc. That's annoying. You can be PROUD, yes. That's great to be proud of who you are. There's a difference between pride and flaunting, though.

But seriously, anyone who doesn't believe that homosexuality is natural should pull his head out of his a**.
Argument: Homosexuality is not natural.

One important thing to define is what is “natural” and what is “unnatural”.

As homosexuality has to do with biological life forms and the behaviors they exhibit, I feel that the only definitions necessary for both terms are those that involve direct reference to nature and biology:

”Dictionary”

Natural:
1. existing in or formed by nature (opposed to ARTIFICIAL)
2. based on the state of things in nature; constituted by nature
3. of or pertaining to nature or the universe: natural beauty.
[...]
5. in a state of nature; uncultivated, as land.
6. growing spontaneously, without being planted or tended by human hand, as vegetation

Unnatural:
1. contrary to the laws or course of nature.
2. at variance with the character or nature of a person, animal, or plant.
3. at variance with what is normal or to be expected
[...]
5. not genuine or spontaneous; artificial or contrived

What we can infer from that is those behaviors we observe in the wild (as in, the ones that cannot be considered “artificial”) by other species are therefore most likely to be “natural” behaviors.

Therefore, in order to determine the normal, natural occurrence of homosexuality, we must observe it in the wild.

And lo and behold, we have found such behavior, in well over 1,500 species, including many of the higher mammals like apes, which are our closest kin. If you would like more information on this subject, you can visit the Wikipedia page on homosexuality, along with all of the species that have been identified as having homosexual behavior (ranging from mating to long term, stable relationships): Homosexuality in Animals, Homosexuality

Argument: If everyone were gay, then the species wouldn’t reproduce: clearly, homosexuality is detrimental to the species.

This makes the flawed assumption that homosexuality will suddenly arise the dominant and even overarching orientation, which is entirely false and meant to be a straw man rather than an argument based on actual observation. In general, homosexuality is in the minority, with the vast majority of individuals of a species being heterosexual. This percentage does not grow or change, suggesting that it is not a genetic trait, nor will it negatively affect breeding populations. Further, this argument assumes that all homosexuals will never have vaginal intercourse and instead will only have sex with members of their own gender, meaning no offspring will be produced. It also completely disregards the number of bisexuals in a population.

In order to understand this, we must recognize that there is a distinct difference between “orientation” – that is, one’s sense of sexual/romantic attraction to others – and “sexual behavior” – how one acts sexually; if they are monogamous, bigamous, celibate, etc. A homosexual man may derive more sexual pleasure from sex with another man, but this does not make him impotent: he is still capable of ejaculating into a female and so impregnating her. In turn, a lesbian woman is certainly still capable of becoming pregnant. Because both of these examples are homosexual, they will therefore prefer to have sex with those of their own gender, at least, physically. But for social reasons they may choose not to: there are plenty of gays in opposite sex relationships because they have not accepted their orientation or they want to change, etc.

Also, this argument suggests that homosexuals therefore do not help the population in any way: if they aren’t producing new offspring, they’re useless, right? It was a waste to bring one into the world, seeing as it doesn’t pay back, correct?

Wrong. It doesn’t matter how many children a woman gives birth to: if she abandons every last one and they day, the total number of children she has raised is zero, and so she has not “made up for herself” when she dies. However, if she raises the children she gives birth to, she is securing the next generation.

Pairs of homosexual swans and penguins have been known to take care of eggs and raise the hatchlings, therefore ensuring that the new generation may continue on. In that sense, they are adding to the population because they are raising the next generation. They didn’t produce the child, but they are helping their species.

It’s similar to adoption. The person that remains celibate all their life but adopts several children and raises them won’t have passed on their genes, but they will have aided the next generation and so helped their population.

Argument: It’s a sin: it says so in the Bible.

The Bible is a religious text; it has no scientific credentials to speak of, and in fact many parts of it are fantastical in nature, and creationism is, scientifically, dead wrong. Therefore, holding it aloft as a scientific source is entirely illogical.

If you view it as a moral code, then you must realize that others do not, and unless you live in a theocracy, it cannot be used as the basis of laws governing human rights. Further, usually the texts used to support this view come from Leviticus, which mainly revolves around how to slaughter and prepare sacrifices at the altar. Seeing as I hardly see people quoting that part and urging others to sacrifice to God, this strongly suggests that people are picking and choosing which parts of the texts fit their personal prejudices. That is not following the Bible as a moral guide: that is marrying ignorance and hatred and backing it with a bastardization of religion in order to make it a credible argument, which it never will be.

As those arguments were the ones that I noticed in both (Iron Knee and DSkaterdude) of your posts, those were the only ones I addressed. If you have more, please, offer them, as well as any rebuttals or scientific documentation explaining your views.

How come straight people can be openly straight and flaunt but gays cant?

I'm not all that bothered by it (your best friend being bisexual and following through tends to make you rethink your values a bit on that topic).

A bit off-topic: I find it mildly amusing that homosexuality is so taboo today when it was apparently accepted in ancient civilizations (Rome comes readily to mind, but there are many others).
zziggystardustt

What do you view as flaunting, exactly?
zziggystardustt

Simply because people still feel that homosexuality is perversion and should be repressed. As I said before in my first post in this topic, there was another thread in which the user asked why gays flaunt so much; maybe you'll find an answer there.

I think, Perpetual Sketch, the reason why homosexuality is abhorred now is perhaps because of Christian influence. The Romans, Greeks, and Spartans, all of which had homosexual elements (all of these are downplayed or not mentioned when talking about these cultures) were pagan societies, and early Christians essentially demonized paganism. I think it would be safe to assume that, by extension, they condemned all that pagan societies did, including sexual orgies as was mentioned.

Perhaps another reason was because usually the homosexuality element was between an older man and a young boy; the older man was supposed to teach the young boy the ropes, and in battle the lovers would defend one another. As the Jews believed that the whole of the child was found within the man's sperm, "wasting it" by having sex with another man was therefore essentially abortion. Also, a man that "submitted" to another man during the act of sex was considered to be putting himself in the woman's position, and therefore degrading himself, which was "unnatural".
User Image
peace man.
User Image
I hate gays, so much.
What you do behind closed doors is your own business. As long as you are happy with it and are not getting abused, then there is nothing wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff