Welcome to Gaia! ::

I respect people who are vegan/vegetarian, but those that shove their beliefs in my face, I don't respect.

I love eating meat. I'm just not a vegetable person.
[.My Fabricated Love.]
Vegans are idiots to the highest degree. I hope they all die of malnutrition.
Seriously, you are cutting out a ton of nutrients that you need. Supplements have animal by-products in them wink
It is not a healthy thing to do to become a vegan, dumbasses. It's incredibly UNHEALTHY. Have you ever seen a fat vegan?
Yeah, that's because they have no ******** PROTEIN. I'm surprised they don't snap in half from lack of calcium..
Oh yeah, and the animals are still suffering. Just because you don't eat the cow doesn't mean the cow doesn't still die. I don't know why the hell people think that being vegan saves the animals.. IT DOESN'T! They're still ******** DEAD, and you look like an a** because your nutritionist is smacking you around the head.

Vegetarians are idiots as well but not to the same degree

Something every last one of you should understand:
WE ARE OMNIVORES.
Do you think that a lion is humane about it when it shreds a gazelle to bits eating it?
NO, it's not humane at all! We need the damn meat. You don't feel all offended when a fox eats a rabbit, so why should I feel bad for the cow that I'm eating?

I'm sorry you feel this way, but please do some proper research before you make such inflammatory statements, as they are incorrect.
Protein is found in ample amounts in peanuts, tofu, various grains and beans to name a few things. We eat plenty of those things. Calcium is found in various leafy greens, calcium-fortified orange juice, sesame seeds, broccoli and many other vegetables. We also eat plenty of those things.
Cows have to get their protein, calcium and other nutrients from somewhere. Guess where? From plants!
There are also supplements out there that do not contain animal by-products. Don't take it from me, though. Just see for yourself right here.

My doctor thought it was great that I went vegan. wink
She even gave me a list of things I should look out for and things I should be eating. I had already been doing most of the stuff on the list.

I do know a few fat vegans and several borderline chubby ones too.
We won't die of malnutrition because we do take care of ourselves, and it is possible to do so without being dependent upon animals.
-cahiers-de-doleances-
I became a vegetarian last month.
It's one of the best choices I've ever made.
It was hard at first, it still is, lol.
I dream about eating meat sometimes, because I just miss the taste.
But I don't care, because I know what they do to those animals.
And even the "humane" places are ******** up.
It is automatically cruel for an entire species of animals to live for the soul purpose of being slaughtered and eaten.
Its a genocide.
Nothing deserves to die for your taste buds.

I completely agree. Vegetarian for three years now. Sometimes, even now, I kinda feel like meat, but hey, theres boca food, which tastes almost the same, sans the murder and unhumane treatment part. I think its one of the greatest choices someone can make.
i only eat fish meat.....
Shadow_Prowler
That is my point. The deer does not exist for the sole purpose of feeding the wolf. However, in the wolf's mind, that's all it sees. Even though we raise animals for food, that does not mean that is the only way they see their lives. We both feed off the animal to survive, and that is the animal's legacy in death. However, that's not all the animal's life was.

Killing the animal for food is a natural cause. We all need to eat to survive. With pills and processed foods and other unnatural substances, we might manage to live off other things. However, this doesn't mean those of us who do eat meat did not use them for our survival.

You mention natural and unnatural. What is natural and unnatural? A cow would not exist had we not bred them and domesticated them for thousands of years, modifying them constantly to further suit our needs. Is that not unnatural?
Deer existed and evolved on their own. That cow was bred to exist only as food. That is the truth about it's "legacy."
deathpixie
[.My Fabricated Love.]
Vegans are idiots to the highest degree. I hope they all die of malnutrition.
Seriously, you are cutting out a ton of nutrients that you need. Supplements have animal by-products in them wink
It is not a healthy thing to do to become a vegan, dumbasses. It's incredibly UNHEALTHY. Have you ever seen a fat vegan?
Yeah, that's because they have no ******** PROTEIN. I'm surprised they don't snap in half from lack of calcium..
Oh yeah, and the animals are still suffering. Just because you don't eat the cow doesn't mean the cow doesn't still die. I don't know why the hell people think that being vegan saves the animals.. IT DOESN'T! They're still ******** DEAD, and you look like an a** because your nutritionist is smacking you around the head.

Vegetarians are idiots as well but not to the same degree

Something every last one of you should understand:
WE ARE OMNIVORES.
Do you think that a lion is humane about it when it shreds a gazelle to bits eating it?
NO, it's not humane at all! We need the damn meat. You don't feel all offended when a fox eats a rabbit, so why should I feel bad for the cow that I'm eating?

I'm sorry you feel this way, but please do some proper research before you make such inflammatory statements, as they are incorrect.
Protein is found in ample amounts in peanuts, tofu, various grains and beans to name a few things. We eat plenty of those things. Calcium is found in various leafy greens, calcium-fortified orange juice, sesame seeds, broccoli and many other vegetables. We also eat plenty of those things.
Cows have to get their protein, calcium and other nutrients from somewhere. Guess where? From plants!
There are also supplements out there that do not contain animal by-products. Don't take it from me, though. Just see for yourself right here.

My doctor thought it was great that I went vegan. wink
She even gave me a list of things I should look out for and things I should be eating. I had already been doing most of the stuff on the list.

I do know a few fat vegans and several borderline chubby ones too.
We won't die of malnutrition because we do take care of ourselves, and it is possible to do so without being dependent upon animals.

Thank you for that. I hate it when people bring up that kind of argument, because all i have to point out is that there are still vegans in the world, and they've been there for years, so obviously they're not dieing off now. Also, I use my friend, whose a vegan, as an example. She does martial arts, and she's super healthy and fit. She's a black belt and she's not skinny at all, but she's really in shape, and not overweight. Not to mention, its not like she has lost a whole bunch of pounds since she became vegan, because its obviously possible for people to surrvive on other things. Easily, especially with modern technology. Myself, I'm only a vegetarian, but ive given some serious thought to becoming vegan.
I actually hate meat, but since my family eats meat I'm kinda stuck eating it :
I began being a vegetarian last month and I thought at first that I was saving animals, but now that I think about it, we were made to eat meat, and animals are going to die anyway. The only reason I became a vegetarian was because I hate how farmers or factorys treat animals and torturing them. The body just needs the protein from meat and the teeth need the nutrients. Other things such as nuts, tofu, celery, and cheese also give you protein and other nutrients that meat gives you. So either way, Vegetarian or Meat-eater, is fine.
smile
I've always wondered about the whole hunting issue with vegetarians who gave up meat solely because of the whole slaughterhouse issue.
Do you still see hunting deer as exploiting animals? They lived their lives in the woods, natural, not bred exclusively for food or anything else, and were killed by a hunter, is that just as bad? Would you eat that meat?

But nothing enjoys being killed. But it has to happen, one way or another, and death to support life is better than death for nothing. One person giving up meat isn't saving anything. No one is sitting behind a desk at a slaughterhouse counting the amount of converted vegans and killing cows accordingly. They kill what they kill. It gets eaten, or it gets thrown away.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
deathpixie
Shadow_Prowler
That is my point. The deer does not exist for the sole purpose of feeding the wolf. However, in the wolf's mind, that's all it sees. Even though we raise animals for food, that does not mean that is the only way they see their lives. We both feed off the animal to survive, and that is the animal's legacy in death. However, that's not all the animal's life was.

Killing the animal for food is a natural cause. We all need to eat to survive. With pills and processed foods and other unnatural substances, we might manage to live off other things. However, this doesn't mean those of us who do eat meat did not use them for our survival.

You mention natural and unnatural. What is natural and unnatural? A cow would not exist had we not bred them and domesticated them for thousands of years, modifying them constantly to further suit our needs. Is that not unnatural?
Deer existed and evolved on their own. That cow was bred to exist only as food. That is the truth about it's "legacy."

I was referring to your concept 'natural death'. Our killing them is a natural death. If you're against the idea of agriculture and domesticating animals, then you're basically promoting the extinction of several species, including pets. Natural selection modifies animals over time to fit their environment. I don't see our modifying them as being that different.

By legacy, I was referring to what happens to the individual animal after they die. I was not talking about the nature of cows as a whole. If you want to look at cows as a whole, they have been modified by external factors (us) to fit a niche in the environment where they consume food and are used as food. The only difference between that and the evolution of the deer is we had more influence over the evolution of the cow, and other predators and environmental factors influenced the deer's evolution. Just because humans had a hand in it does not mean it's unnatural.
I am Vegan, actually Fruitarian. I eat botanical fruits, nuts, beans, legumes, soy dairy, etc... Its really complex to explain yet simple.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruitarianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_food_diet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macrobioitcs
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacto-ovo_vegetarianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lacto_vegetarianism
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ovo_vegetarianism
http://www.chooseveg.com/vegan-substitutes.asp
wow, I'm sorry, but fruitarianism is just way too much. I can see not eating meat or animal by products, but jesus.
i don't really associate the meat on my plate with animals for some reason. i understand being a vegetarian but being a vegan is confusing to me.
Shadow_Prowler
deathpixie
Shadow_Prowler

I was referring to your concept 'natural death'. Our killing them is a natural death. If you're against the idea of agriculture and domesticating animals, then you're basically promoting the extinction of several species, including pets. Natural selection modifies animals over time to fit their environment. I don't see our modifying them as being that different.

By legacy, I was referring to what happens to the individual animal after they die. I was not talking about the nature of cows as a whole. If you want to look at cows as a whole, they have been modified by external factors (us) to fit a niche in the environment where they consume food and are used as food. The only difference between that and the evolution of the deer is we had more influence over the evolution of the cow, and other predators and environmental factors influenced the deer's evolution. Just because humans had a hand in it does not mean it's unnatural.

Animals evolve for their own benefit and we force-evolve animals for our own benefit. It is very different.

You also said "With pills and processed foods and other unnatural substances, we might manage to live off other things."
That is what I was addressing with the natural and unnatural. Humans had a hand in these substances too, so why would you call those unnatural and the domestication of cows natural?

Yes, I do support the extinction of domesticated animals, including pets. We have proven that we are irresponsible and cannot handle these animals. Our shelters are in crisis. They're euthanizing animals by the hundreds because they cannot find homes for them. Cats and dogs are being abused or abandoned, freezing, starving and dying on the streets because of our consumerist attitude towards these animals. Shelters are overflowing with homeless animals and yet we are still breeding more and selling them? We bred them to be dependent upon us and we are letting them down. I love my two cats dearly. Both of them are rescued, and I do not want to think what would have happened to them if I hadn't taken them in and honestly, I would rather their species not exist than to have other sweet personalities like them suffer. I will continue to take in homeless animals and support the phasing out of the species through spaying and neutering. To keep them going just because they're cute, cuddly and funny would be selfish of us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff