Welcome to Gaia! ::

they both suck go mixtures of meat and cabbage ireland woot woot
Just watch Earthlings. Afterwards, you will want nothing to do with the animal agriculture industry.

I was a vegetarian for 8 years, and now I am vegan. I was one of those "I can't give up cheeeeese omg," people and I said that for 8 ******** years, but now that I actually went for it and cut it out, I really don't miss it at all! My tastes have actually changed in a matter of weeks and now I find dairy repulsive.

It's normal to crave meat the first few weeks, but it will get better and your tastes will change. Just start seeing it as dead flesh, not food, and your views will quickly change. Because that's what it is, rotting animal flesh. Rotting flesh does not belong in our food.
Also, don't go for the meat alternatives because they're crap. Just try to find new delicious things to focus on. Your diet will be so much more varied that you don't even miss the meat anymore. I suggest trying one new veg*n item per week that you haven't tried before, like say you've never had kale before. Look up a recipe with kale in it, and go for it. This will help you keep your focus off of meat.

I don't suggest the "meat treat" thing. For one thing, the term "meat treat" is kind of offensive. It's not a treat for the animal that had to be killed for it. That is just making that meat more special to you, so that you end up looking forward to it after you've been "good.'

Julaeto
Yes, I know this is unfunny and something that will make me seem like a jerk. The problem is, I'm the Arrogant Worms' marketing wh**e. As such, please forgive me, and know that half of my friends are vegans.

Listen up brothers and sisters, come here my desperate tale
I speak of our friends of nature, trapped in the dirt like a jail
Vegtables live in oppression, served on out tables each night
This killing of veggies is madness, I say we take up the fight
Salads are only for murderers, cole slaws a fascist regime
Dont think that they dont have feelings, just cause a radish cant scream

Ive heard the screams of the vegetables, watching their skins being peeled
Grated and steamed with no mercy.. how do you think that feels?
Carrot juice constitutes murder.. greenhouses prisons for slaves
Its time to stop all this gardening.. lets call a spade a spade.

I saw a man eating celery, so I beat him black and blue
If he ever touches a sprout again, Ill bite him clean in two
Im a political prisoner, trapped in a windowless cage
cause I stopped the slaughter of turnips, by killing five men in a rage
I told the judge when he sentenced me, this is my finest hour..
Id kill those farmers again, just to save one more cauliflower

How low as people do we dare to stoop
Making our broccolis bleed in the soup
Untie your beans, uncage your tomatoes
Let potted plants free, dont mash that potato!

Is a spade is a spade is a spade is a... spade

********, I love that song! It's so funny. It's my new response to anyone who brings up the stupid ******** "wut abowt plantz they feel pain 2" as if it is so genius and they were the very first ones to ever think of that.
I can give you a best, simple answer.

Humans are amnivores.

We are made to eat meat.

Our ansectours have survived on meat.

People who eat meat tend to live longer.
Being Vegan is bad

Eat organic food from small farms. There, they at least don't tourture the animals. They also live happy lifes.
Plus, even if you stop to eat meat, animals will still die, humans will still die.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Organic food can be just as bad as the others. Shop local. Actually tour and look at how the animals are kept. Be an informed consumer and don't just buy into the 'if I change my lifestyle this way then animals won't suffer,' hype. That's kind of an easy way out. The preparation of vegan and vegetarian foods cause animal deaths and suffering too.

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
If you join us veggie-vores, don't be one of those asshats who try to preach it to everyone. I'm a vegetarian, and I hate that. Its so stupid. Humans were made to eat meat, and for those of us who go agaisnt human nature, we should just let people who stay with it do just that. If you become one, don't make the rest of us look like dicks.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Object of Affection 150
Someone pointed out on a similar thread that eating veggies only to save the little furry things with faces is kinda pointless since most crop farms have to hire exterminators to control the local animals that get into their crops. The only way to really save the little furry things with faces is to grow your own garden and deal with "pest control" yourself.

O.o

In the end Carrots and Tomatoes cannot scream or run away not to mention they are still alive when you eat them, and most people prolong their lifespan by putting them in a fridge... People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegitation FTW!

No matter what you eat, SOMETHING has to die.

If you are going to become a Vegan/Vegetarian then do it for "health" reasons.
Shadow_Prowler
Organic food can be just as bad as the others. Shop local. Actually tour and look at how the animals are kept. Be an informed consumer and don't just buy into the 'if I change my lifestyle this way then animals won't suffer,' hype. That's kind of an easy way out. The preparation of vegan and vegetarian foods cause animal deaths and suffering too.

Yeah, some things can still be called organic yet still be factory farmed. Ask Wal-mart and Horizon.

However, the difference in animals dying while harvesting crops is that it is not intentional, and it still doesn't even approach the numbers of intentional animal deaths in the animal agriculture business. Cows raised on "humane" farms still get sent to the slaughterhouse, and there is nothing humane about a slaughterhouse.

8,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
deathpixie
Shadow_Prowler

Yeah, some things can still be called organic yet still be factory farmed. Ask Wal-mart and Horizon.

However, the difference in animals dying while harvesting crops is that it is not intentional, and it still doesn't even approach the numbers of intentional animal deaths in the animal agriculture business. Cows raised on "humane" farms still get sent to the slaughterhouse, and there is nothing humane about a slaughterhouse.

It may not be intentional, but it still happens and nothing is done about it. Saying it doesn't count is like knowing you're going to hit a child, but closing your eyes so you weren't technically in control of the car at the time. Those animals still die so you can live. That child still died by your hand.

Comparing amounts is difficult and depends on where you draw the line. If you count all the animals that die during harvesting, every animal and bug killed by pesticides, all the animals killed to keep from getting into crops, and animals that suffer and die from habitat loss so that the crops can be grown, you very well might get larger numbers of losses.

As for slaughterhouses, the treatment of the animals can vary depending on the slaughterhouses. They aren't all run by the same people. If you want to see how sanitary and humane one is, tour it. Many animals don't have to be killed in slaughterhouses too so you can still easily eat meat and just cut beef out of your diet if you don't agree with any of them.
yea i cant go vegan. ive tried. ive been trying for 4 years. it just doznt work.
animals wont be any less tortured if only like 5% of the pop doznt eat meat or things from animals.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
deathpixie
However, the difference in animals dying while harvesting crops is that it is not intentional, and it still doesn't even approach the numbers of intentional animal deaths in the animal agriculture business.

Extermination is not intentional?
JaddziaDax

In the end Carrots and Tomatoes cannot scream or run away not to mention they are still alive when you eat them, and most people prolong their lifespan by putting them in a fridge... People for the Ethical Treatment of Vegitation FTW!

So if I cut off someone's head and put it in the fridge, it'll live longer?

Sparkly Lunatic

14,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Gaian 0
Nobuo_Uematsu_fairy
JaddziaDax

So if I cut off someone's head and put it in the fridge, it'll live longer?

plants are not like animals, if you stuck your uterus/p***s in water would it live longer? no, but if you stick a rose in water it would O:
Shadow_Prowler
deathpixie
Shadow_Prowler

It may not be intentional, but it still happens and nothing is done about it. Saying it doesn't count is like knowing you're going to hit a child, but closing your eyes so you weren't technically in control of the car at the time. Those animals still die so you can live. That child still died by your hand.

Comparing amounts is difficult and depends on where you draw the line. If you count all the animals that die during harvesting, every animal and bug killed by pesticides, all the animals killed to keep from getting into crops, and animals that suffer and die from habitat loss so that the crops can be grown, you very well might get larger numbers of losses.

As for slaughterhouses, the treatment of the animals can vary depending on the slaughterhouses. They aren't all run by the same people. If you want to see how sanitary and humane one is, tour it. Many animals don't have to be killed in slaughterhouses too so you can still easily eat meat and just cut beef out of your diet if you don't agree with any of them.

I'm not saying it's ok that these animals die just because we don't mean to kill them. I really wish they didn't die. This is why I buy locally from organic farmers and community gardens who don't use pesticides and go out of their way to protect the animals that are living among their crops. Eventually, when I am in a permanent location, I intent to grow most of my own produce to ensure especially that no animals are harmed accidentally.

The words "humane" and "slaughter" do not belong together. No matter how "nicely" you do it, no matter how sanitary it is, or if it is done in the animals own farm, you are killing that animal and that is inhumane. These animals do not joyfully line up, clicking their heels saying "Yippee! Oh please, please slaughter me!"

Also, I'm wondering what good you think just cutting out beef is doing? I don't understand the reasoning behind that.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff