Total Votes:[ 631 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 66 67 68 > >>

Friendly Friend

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
Pink Peppercorn
I don't know when it happened in my life, but at some point, I convinced myself that if I ever got engaged and got an engagement ring, the guy had to wear one, too. "It's not fair that a girl has to wear a ring until marriage, and the guy gets a free ride." << What I used to say. ANYWAY! It eventually developed into something I just thought was cute. Then, I found out it's common practice in a lot of countries for the man and woman to both wear engagement rings. We got two really pretty black/metallic ones from Etsy. I was already considering getting matching bracelets or necklaces, but that's not something most guy are into. My guy is no exception. xd He really likes the idea of matching rings, and they'll double as wedding rings as well.

We figure: If we really feel the need to have a wedding ceremony, we can have a vow ceremony on an anniversary. After we buy a house and completely stabilize ourselves, we can save up for a family ceremony if we want. I like the idea of having a full costumed Renaissance festival wedding. Of course, that's just geeky me talking. We're also really simple, and our plans for after getting married is watching a movie. Maybe go get some ice cream. None of my family lives nearby, so we don't plan on any get togethers. His family might come over to say hi and congrats, though.

I love my fiance's family. They're ex-Pagan Christians, and they're supportive and awesome. My family is the religious one. My aunt wanted to be a nun from the time she was 5, but settled on having a bunch of kids and getting married instead. I have no idea what my distant family will say, but I really don't care. I haven't seen them except once in the past....7 years. Even when I was sick and in the hospital three times, no one called or came to see me. stare If they even so much as groan at me for not wanting a huge ceremony, I'll just remind them they wouldn't come anyway.

I am so excited for my birthday, though! It's my first birthday away from my parents. Their method of birthday is: Buy a cheap, frozen cake. Throw a little money around. End. My fiance has been making all these little plans, and he's not telling me any of them. He has a box in our room with my birthday gifts, and he plans on making my cake himself. I'm excited!

I'm sorry, I talk a lot. sweatdrop
A Redhead Angel

They had no idea I had a weak cervix with my son, but now we know. They are going to do weekly monitoring at 20wks on. Starting in the second trimester I will get weekly shots of Progesterone. If my cervix is still looking bad they can suture it closed as soon as wk 14. I am still worried, but I am feeling fairly hopeful that we can prevent something like this happening again.

It does feel like your body is against you, doesn't it? I apologized to my son so much because it was technically my body's fault he died. If my body hadn't been incompetent, he would have been fine. It has been beyond hard. My husband is having a hard time too.

I am sorry for your BFN. How many miscarriages have you had? I don't know that I could have another baby if something happens again. Bless your heart for trying again.

I imagine it is very hard for him. Sometimes I think my husband struggles with it more than I do. He has gone into a few bouts of depression over it. Has nightmares. The big one he has is me in the hospital giving birth to our son and having to choose between me and the baby. He can hardly take losing another one.

I've miscarried five times. I still believe that the first time was the hardest. Literally right after I found out I was pregnant I woke up to blood all over the bed and me and my husband. The doctor at the hospital told me I wasn't pregnant (they couldnt get a test result due to the blood in my urine and had to straight cath me and then got a negative because my HCG was so low and I had already passed the baby) and told me I was having a bad period. When I saw my OB I learned I did have a miscarriage and I wasn't crazy.

We're both desperate for a child. We'll take what we can get, but we really want two. So I am trying every means possible until we conceive. So far met is awful. I forgot to take my pills last night and today I felt 100% normal. No loose stool today magically (Ive had that for a month. Every day at 2pm I get sick). Back ache is gone today. Not throwing up today. Boobs don't hurt today. I'm getting back on track tonight but I'm scared shitless because tomorrow I go back to work and I know my body is going to rebel on the meds worse than before since I gave it a break. Anything for a baby, right?

If you're interested and don't mind a lot of reading you can read about my TTC issues and how I feel about the body being an a*****e here: TTC Blues

And my first miscarriage experience here: The Greatest Loss

Friendly Friend

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
PKMN Breeder Mandy
I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. sad Miscarriages are exceedingly common on both sides of my family. Most women on my dad's side have had at least four, and every woman on my mom's side has lost the second baby they tried to conceive. I'm terrified that if I ever do get my symptoms under control and manage to get pregnant, that it'll end with a miscarriage anyway.

My mom had a miscarriage the year before I was born. She was actually at a prenatal checkup. She wasn't feeling well, stood up, and blood just came out in a flood. All over the floor, her, the doctor. She said she knew right way she lost the baby. The doctor was in shock and couldn't even talk. It was really horrific.

My parents still talk about their lost baby, what he would have been named, etc. I know it's really tough.

Three of my cousins went through miscarriages all within a few months of each other about two years ago. It's a really scary and sad thing to happen.

Invisible Player

PKMN Breeder Mandy
A Redhead Angel

They had no idea I had a weak cervix with my son, but now we know. They are going to do weekly monitoring at 20wks on. Starting in the second trimester I will get weekly shots of Progesterone. If my cervix is still looking bad they can suture it closed as soon as wk 14. I am still worried, but I am feeling fairly hopeful that we can prevent something like this happening again.

It does feel like your body is against you, doesn't it? I apologized to my son so much because it was technically my body's fault he died. If my body hadn't been incompetent, he would have been fine. It has been beyond hard. My husband is having a hard time too.

I am sorry for your BFN. How many miscarriages have you had? I don't know that I could have another baby if something happens again. Bless your heart for trying again.

I imagine it is very hard for him. Sometimes I think my husband struggles with it more than I do. He has gone into a few bouts of depression over it. Has nightmares. The big one he has is me in the hospital giving birth to our son and having to choose between me and the baby. He can hardly take losing another one.

I've miscarried five times. I still believe that the first time was the hardest. Literally right after I found out I was pregnant I woke up to blood all over the bed and me and my husband. The doctor at the hospital told me I wasn't pregnant (they couldnt get a test result due to the blood in my urine and had to straight cath me and then got a negative because my HCG was so low and I had already passed the baby) and told me I was having a bad period. When I saw my OB I learned I did have a miscarriage and I wasn't crazy.

We're both desperate for a child. We'll take what we can get, but we really want two. So I am trying every means possible until we conceive. So far met is awful. I forgot to take my pills last night and today I felt 100% normal. No loose stool today magically (Ive had that for a month. Every day at 2pm I get sick). Back ache is gone today. Not throwing up today. Boobs don't hurt today. I'm getting back on track tonight but I'm scared shitless because tomorrow I go back to work and I know my body is going to rebel on the meds worse than before since I gave it a break. Anything for a baby, right?

If you're interested and don't mind a lot of reading you can read about my TTC issues and how I feel about the body being an a*****e here: TTC Blues

And my first miscarriage experience here: The Greatest Loss

5, that is awful. I dont know if I could do it. I swore I wasn't going to get pregnant again after our son, but that didn't last long. Soon I was counting down the weeks until I could get pregnant again. My husband has had a really bad time. He was pretty traumatized by the whole labor. My water broke at home. It happened really fast. By the time I got to the hospital his legs were outside of the cervix. I lost a lot of blood and had to have transfusions when I got to the hospital. I labored at the hospital for 2 and half hours before they took him csection. My husband had to watch all of it. He was holding him when his heart crashed. He had to clean up the mess at home.

I have also heard other women say their husbands had a hard time with miscarriages or loss of a baby. I think it has to do with their loss of control.

Your story is awful and I am sorry. Have you done IVF? I have a friend who is on her second round. None of the embryos have taken.

Friendly Friend

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
Woo! I just ordered the 50 OPK + 20 HPT WONDFO test strips from Amazon. blaugh I'm excited. I'll probably have to wait til my next cycle to use the OPKs, but I'm happy to be getting them.
II a r c II
Bootiful Lia
thedizzybear
Bootiful Lia
Oh wow, never thought I would see a TTC topic on gaia.

My girlfriend and I were TTC in April and got pregnant! I am 18 weeks now. I will blast baby dust at everyone TTCing!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!

That is awesome. I wish you a very smooth and happy pregnancy. blaugh

Thanks! It's smoothening out now (I am 18 weeks). Before this it has been relatively rough and not fun, lol.

For those that are TTC, I suggest getting on amazon and buying some OPK's. We bought like 100 for $30 and it was worth it. The apps and stuff are great and all, but these told me exactly when I was actually ovulating...also my girlfriend made a video on how we inseminated if anyone is ever interested (if they are going that route). I promise, no hoo hah's were shown, biggrin purely scientific.
        What brand are you using? I bought a pack of 50 Wondfo OPK for $20 (paid extra for quicker shipping, haha.. I'm impatient)

Still waiting to O. But we just got a band spankin' new king size bed today so WOOO HOO

s**t tons of room to BD in hahaha~

I am interested in seeing the video, actually.

We also got the wondfo!

Hahaha, new bed ay? ;D

Here's the video! This is my girlfriend explaining how we jizzed it up xD.

Friendly Friend

6,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
Ugh....Not that guy. stare

Anyway, good afternoon, everyone!
I really wish my insurance would go into effect. I think I need to see a doctor.

This doesn't really have anything to do with TTC, but it does have to do with my reproductive organs. So, close enough? I just feel the need to tell someone and maybe I can get some feedback as to if this is normal at all.

My last cycle was two weeks late. So, in April, it started on the 9th. May: 11th. June: 9th. July: 20th. Before the actual period, I had weird symptoms that I don't normally have, which is why we originally thought I was pregnant. I had nearly no cramps. Usually, the days before my period are VERY crampy, very painful. Like...if I move, I burst out into tears painful. This time, there was none of that pain. I had a few very mild cramps, but they were several days apart and never lasted long.

So, cycle comes and goes. It lasted four days steady with the fifth day being a little bit of spotting. Since then, I've had mild cramps nearly every day. This isn't the pain I feel from cysts in any way, shape, or form. It's like..my whole reproductive system cramps. Very mild. It's extremely mild, like a dull, tiny cramp in the front of my uterus.

I'm just wondering if it's normal. It's been 10 days since my period ended, and it has been practically every single day that I've had this cramping. It's mostly in my uterus. It's different from anything I've ever had. It concerns me.

Dangerous Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
II a r c II
Kitty Bear Chama
My period has always been irregular and I've been having unprotected sex with my boyfriend of 3.5 years for the past year but I fear I may have PCOS.
My doctor appointment is next week so I'll have my test results then but I'm worried that I may be infertile. My boyfriend and I are 22 and we've talked about having kids in our 20s but if I am infertile, it will devastate me. :/

I wish you good luck. ^_^
        I will pray for you. Keep us updated, and whatever news you receive I will be here for you through it if you'd like.

Keeping you updated, my doctor told me I'll have to make an appointment to be tested for PCOS and to see if I'm fertile. That will have to wait though since my insurance doesn't cover the tests but I do hope everything will be fine with me. I would love to have a baby with my boyfriend.

Adored Sweetheart

My oldest sister has been trying to get pregnant for years. And it's heart breaking to me to see the sadness in my sisters eyes.

She has had so many miscarriages over the years,and to know this and see her upset..For me since I havnt had kids (will one day not now) I dont know how to comfort her.

I have been praying to God and Jesus that they will have triplets. X3 (To make up for all the years of trying and over whelming sadness.)

Darling

TTC Update; It's been 1 week since I started using OPK, still no + yet, starting having some spotting yesterday and today, have a feeling I missed O.

I'm going to start charting my BBT and CM to confirm my OPK tests since so far I have had only one faint line appear in the test area, not sure if it's because I got a bad batch or if I'm just having some issues with my LH.

Shameless Nerd

thedizzybear

Sorry about my late reply. My hubby was off of work so we were doing errands and such.

My hubby won't be able to wear his wedding ring at work so we've made a compromise for him to wear it on a necklace chain. So we're just going to wait until we sign the marriage license and read our vows to exchange rings.

We might do a bigger ceremony in a few years so that we can have a first dance and stuff like that but right now, it's not a big deal. Most of my family live in other states anyway so it would be pretty small. Right now, it's an unnecessary expense.

His family and I didn't get along at first because of the cultural difference. I'm white and he's Mexican and his mom was upset that he wasn't with a Spanish girl. It took awhile but I guess they saw that we were serious so they got over it and now we're all really close.

Awh, that sounds like an awesome birthday! Your fiance sounds so sweet. I hope you guys have a nice time.

Shameless Nerd

II a r c II

I would recommend this website. It is amazing at helping track and chart temps, CM, etc.

FertilityFriend.com.

Darling

Pink Peppercorn
II a r c II

I would recommend this website. It is amazing at helping track and chart temps, CM, etc.

FertilityFriend.com.
        Oh yes I use FF c: I thought about putting the link in my siggy. My usernames on there is fauxcaloid.
        Do you chart with FF? I wouldn't mind takin' a peek if you do~. I like to see what other people are doing.

High-functioning Dreamer

a while ago my sisters best friend found out she she could never conceive because her reproductive organs were deformed or something and even when she had surgery it didn't solve the problem, the poor girl went into shock and her personality and lifestyle did a 180. my sister tried to support her as much as she could but they ended up parting ways because the girls attitude got so bad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff