I'm just voting~ 0.3946117274168 39.5% [ 249 ]
Total Votes:[ 631 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 64 65 66 67 68 >

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

My experiences with the OBGYN haven't been great, and I'm not even entirely sure if I want to go through all the fertility drugs and treatment right now. Maybe I'll change my mind and want to try the fertility treatments later but at this point I just want to be have a child and preparing for and going through the adoption process just feels more proactive than things have been.

So we've started looking into adoption. I initially didn't want to because the process seemed so daunting, but we found out in my province that while it's very stressful, it's relatively easy and very straightforward. They don't have ridiculous demands of owning your own house for so many years or whatever, and they don't even care if your house is messy (in their eyes a messy -not dirty- house tells them you won't freak out when your kid inevitably makes a mess, it tells them you're a bit more relaxed) or that you're under 30, etc. Income isn't a big concern either as long as you can put food in their tummies and clothes on their back. The one adoption system here is all about finding a loving home instead of a rich home. Ultimately, it should cost us no less than 2000$ to adopt, and that's on the high end. For many couples it also takes less than a year.

Essentially they just want to know that you're not a child abuser, that your kid won't starve, and that you'll love them.

We're just testing the waters with this a little bit, but we think we're going to start the process if I'm not pregnant by the time I graduate in August.

Beloved Bloodsucker

Looking to make a friend who is TTC, or even pregnant!
Im TTC and super excited, just recently started and Id like to have a friend who I can confide in since its just me and my husband who know, but I want to be able to talk to someone!!!
Thanks!!

Heroic Mage

JetaimeZombies
Im TTC and super excited, just recently started and Id like to have a friend who I can confide in since its just me and my husband who know, but I want to be able to talk to someone!!!
Thanks!!

I've been TTC since September, and I'm here if you feel like talking. smile
why does this thread have so many negative votes
what a wonderful way to offer support
TTC, adoption, and infertility can be incredibly exhausting on multiple levels. Not to mention potential mental health issues associated with that.
More women and men need support on this.

Golden Cat

Hubby and I are still TTC. I've started taking prenatal pills, it's said to help women trying to get pregnant. I've also quit my old job and am now at a less stressfull job. We've also put in our info to a loan place and are looking at getting a home of our own soon, we missed out on a perfect little fixer upper on 3 1/2 acres because we didn't have our papers in soon enough. I feel like this is going to be a big year for us.
I thought last month was finally the month. I am always regular within a few days of variation at the most... and then this last cycle I was nearly 4 weeks late before I finally started. I kept taking pregnancy tests and they were all negative. It was the worst letdown I've had so far since we started trying. I'm just so tired of it. cry

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

We have our first appointment with our new OBGYN on Thursday. We're hoping that after two and a half years he will be more willing to help us than my old one was.

The only thing is I'm really not sure how to prepare for this appointment. I recently had to switch my period tracking app because I got rid of my android tablet so it doesn't have the specific ovulation tracking I was doing, just when my periods are. I've had ten full cycles in this time though, with a ton of variation (there's two 21-36 day ones and the rest are 60-170+) so I'm hoping that's enough for him to say "yeah there's a problem, let's get you sorted out!" instead of "lose weight and come back later" like my last one did. I've been doing ovulation tests throughout my cycles of the last year and only managed to get two positive OPK results in my last cycle, and got my period a week later, so I know something is definitely off.

Bashful Sweetheart

I'm about 3 months along, so I'm out of the TTC part. But I'm here to support anyone who might need it or want it 3nodding Good luck to all you trying to conceive or adopt! Wish you all the best!

Beloved Bloodsucker

Diet Poison
JetaimeZombies
Thanks!!

I've been TTC since September, and I'm here if you feel like talking. smile
i would like thah

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

So this OBGYN has been super helpful. He's sending my husband for an SA and he's sending me for some bloodwork and to check if my tubes are blocked (I can't spell the name of the test). Unfortunately this hospital refuses to do the test anytime but between days 4-10 of a cycle, so I have to wait until my period decides to show up, and then hope that they'll give me the appointment in that timeframe. This hospital is well-known for trying to schedule things almost a year away.

So the receptionist set up a temporary appointment on the off chance that I get my period next month, but I'm to call her immediately when it happens and she will reschedule my appointment for me and make sure that it's in the specified timeframe.

The doctor also said that because it's been over two years we're going to skip metformin altogether and go straight to a low dose of clomid if everything else checks out okay.

He did encourage me to lose a bit of weight, but said it will just make my pregnancy more comfortable since I have asthma, and might make the birth a little easier on me but that it's not going to cause me as much trouble as my other OBGYN insisted it would.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

So I had the one test done today, where they shoot fluid through my tubes and check out my ovaries and uterus. The radiologist and the lab tech were very nice, the tech had actually gotten the procedure done before so she was pretty reassuring.

I'm going to be honest, it was awful. While they were very gentle, it was also very painful and even though it was done at 9am, and it's now almost 5, I'm still really cramping and bleeding a bit. It was worse than I was expecting, but it was over pretty quickly and everything looks good. My tubes aren't blocked and they actually told me that a lot of women actually end up getting pregnant after this test, so it would be beneficial to start trying again in a few days.

So hopefully with any luck we won't have to go on clomid.

Been TTC for 4-5 months!
Guess what happened yesterday!!

User Image
Pretty excited for this new adventure in life!!!

Going to get the blood test to confirm for sure on Monday.

To those of you who have kids or are further into your term, how long did you wait to tell family/friends? I read that often people wait til they're about 13 weeks?

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Petrosoap

Congratulations. Unfortunately, many of us here do not have any advice and it's time for you to move on to the pregnancy support thread. You'll have more luck there.
AngelBiscuits
Petrosoap

Congratulations. Unfortunately, many of us here do not have any advice and it's time for you to move on to the pregnancy support thread. You'll have more luck there.
Wow. "Congratulations, go away"? Okay. That's rude, but I don't have a problem leaving. I'm sorry if my post offended you.

And seriously, I hope your support group doesn't tell you to ******** off when you become pregnant.

Tipsy Kitten

8,800 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Petrosoap
AngelBiscuits
Petrosoap

Wow. "Congratulations, go away"? Okay. That's rude, but I don't have a problem leaving. I'm sorry if my post offended you.

And seriously, I hope your support group doesn't tell you to ******** off when you become pregnant.

There was no need to be rude. I didn't mean it that way, but I can see how it could be taken wrong, and I'm sorry. What I mean is that since this is a TTC thread, most of us here have never been pregnant and there really aren't many of us around anymore anyway, so we really can't be as helpful to you as the other group can be and probably won't have much advice. It's a really great thread for you to check out at this point, the people there are lovely.

I hope they're not as rude to you as you've just been to me. Moving on to the next thread is very much a good thing here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff