Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Demonic Lunatic

Bornes
darkabyssx
You are building muscle and redistributing fat. Your body shape is going to change. I don't know about 'curvier' though. Personally, my thighs exploded and I had to buy an almost entirely new wardrobe because my ******** fatass thighs couldn't fir through my pants anymore. I was sad.

It could be you're confusing muscle mass for 'curves'. I guess muscles are curvy. You're working out. It's expected.

If you're truly worried about it, though. Talk to your endocrinologist. You should have one.

Or are you taking T illegally? Because you seem to be freaking out over a lot of simple stuff that your doctors should've taken care of when you first started.

You're probably right. None of my pants fit me for that exact reason. I'm probably just imagining things for the most part. I tend to do that sweatdrop
thanks for replying btw, I really appreciate it.

Loiterer

darkabyssx
Ah, yeah. Sorry about that.
Expect a gut to come too. =(

edit: Well. When you stop working out, anyway.
I stopped working out about 6 months into T. Bam. Gut. I need to work out again but I'm too set into my laziness I guess.

Loiterer

"oh a support group for people dealing with a mental illness and trying to recover? Nope, its a group denying they have one and expecting everyone to live with it and cater to it. This is a club for bulimics to throw up"

The mental illness associated with being trans is Gender Identity Disorder or Gender Dysphoria. The treatments for those diagnoses are hormone replacement therapy and/or surgeries, as well as some other things, all umbrella'd with the term "transition". But, it's important to note that a medical transition isn't necessary for many trans people.

Much like people who aren't hetereosexual, conversion therapy and the like doesn't work and can often make the situation worse. So rather than this thread being a club for bulimics to throw up, it's actually a club for people with a mental illness and trying to recover, like you said.

I'm sorry your views aren't the same as medical professionals.

Sources:
http://www.apa.org/monitor/2013/04/transgender.aspx

http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPage?handle=hein.journals/sjsj8&div=25&id=&page=

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/j.2161-1920.2008.tb00042.x/abstract

http://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=384321

There is no 'cure' for being trans. When the brain is convinced it is something, do you change the body to fit the brain's image or do you try to change the brain? Trying to change the brain doesn't work for most trans people, and studies have shown that changing the body does.
You can't tell schizophrenics "just ignore the voices" and hope it all works out. They need therapy and most need meds to live normally. The same is true for trans people.

That being said I know you came in here to troll but I also know the medical facts are stacked up against you now.

... Also I decided to not quote because I do want this info out there, regardless if the other person comes back or not.

Loiterer

Loiterer

So your solution is to house trans people in wards, probably permanently, in places that often don't have beds for people who actually could not be helped otherwise.

I suppose you're going to be perfectly okay when taxes rise to pay for more building to be developed, and all these people to be housed away from the rest of the population?

The USA does not have long-term psychiatric hospitals/wards anymore, thanks to Deinstitutionalization. It seems like no one is interested in re-creating them either, and we're further deinstitutionalizing. So:

1. You're wrong
2. Even if you were right, we couldn't do what you want to do anyway

By keeping trans people "on the streets," they can be productive, contribute to society, and make money.
By throwing them in wards (which again, can't take them anyway), they COST the nation money.

Have you even seriously thought about your opinion?

Loiterer

Your assumption is trans is a mental illness. I never denied it was a mental illness. I don't have to prove anything.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Loiterer

SO HOW IS EVERYBODY?

I'm not sure how many people know me or not. But I'm FtM and I've been on T since late 2012. Had top surgery in 2013. Been passing male since 2009ish. I'm 27 years old and currently stealth. No plans for bottom surgery. I'm also ex-Navy if that makes a difference to anybody.

[Re-]Introduce yourselves?? =)

I have a love/hate relationship with Gaia. I "quit" then I came back, then quit... Not here often, currently here more than usual. If you send me a message I usually magically know and come back so yeah. Since I consider my transition totally finished, I mostly just lurk when I'm around in this thread and don't post much.

edit: Just fyi I ignored the troll. Sorry for engaging them for so long also...
It was a combination of boredom and the fact that this thread has been dead for quite some time.
Bornes

Not too bad, actually!

I feel like I've seen you post stuff in the LD or some other forums years ago when I was more active. Coming back to Gaia after quitting on and off is such a trip. Especially since this is my first time coming back after accepting being trans.

Loiterer

Irmoy
Well that's good!
Yeah, I used to be a reg back in the day.
Did you used to have a different screenname?
Bornes
Irmoy
Well that's good!
Yeah, I used to be a reg back in the day.
Did you used to have a different screenname?

I think it used to be Irmy-chan or some weeb name before I changed it haha. I was only ever super post-y in the anime forums and I mostly lurked in LD though. Ahhh! it's so interesting to "see" you again!

If you don't mind me asking... is it difficult sometimes to be stealth or does it come easy to you?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff