Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
That Is All
Is it bad that Gaia is the only site I have that I come to for transgender support? sweatdrop

I don't think it's bad that Gaia is the only site you come to for transgender support. It's the exact same for me actually. At the moment this is the only site I come to for transgender sites. I do look up things online and watch youtube videos, but when it comes to support this thread is pretty much all I have.
Hey Hitch? Can you NOT pull the drama bullshit where you make a big deal of leaving and then don't? Do it or donn't. Thanks.

That Is All, it depends on the trans group and your own needs. Personally, I've never gone to any other support group or site. This one has been a good, active resource, and it's all I've needed. Honestly most trans support groups have toxic environments. Too many transpeople revel in drama, and it just makes for a really unhealthy environment.

Hallowed Wench

Corrupted Coco
Hey Hitch? Can you NOT pull the drama bullshit where you make a big deal of leaving and then don't? Do it or donn't. Thanks.

That Is All, it depends on the trans group and your own needs. Personally, I've never gone to any other support group or site. This one has been a good, active resource, and it's all I've needed. Honestly most trans support groups have toxic environments. Too many transpeople revel in drama, and it just makes for a really unhealthy environment.

I think drama isn't trans exclusive, people in general like to be cliquey and overly dramatic when they interact with the same group of people over time.

Seen it happen with my gaming group, soon as someone with histrionic traits comes along... Bam! Drama.
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco

I think drama isn't trans exclusive, people in general like to be cliquey and overly dramatic when they interact with the same group of people over time.

Seen it happen with my gaming group, soon as someone with histrionic traits comes along... Bam! Drama.

I guarantee you it's worse in trans groups.

Dapper Phantom

Corrupted Coco
Don't try to start crap with me? I wanted to answer her question. Why don't you just block me if you are so interested in "calling me out" constantly. Problem solved. I may pop in here once in a while. Big whoop. I was pissed off when I said that I was leaving. I am by no means a "regular" Gaian. I've just been on a little bit more lately because I've been ill. Don't consider me a "member" of this place. Don't worry, I'll leave forever soon and be very happy. But I felt called to answer her post. I knew my answer might be different than other posters, because I am suggesting that this place might not be enough for someone. Honestly it's up to her to decide if she feels she needs more or not. Her question almost felt rherorical. Her reply to my reply basically helped her answer her own question, and that was all she really needed. From this point on I think she can speak for herself, don't you think?

You just made this a toxic place for me to post. You might want to do something about that, like controlling yourself.

The solution to not liking someone isn't always talking trash to them until they leave because they can't open their mouths without getting spat at. You can also be diplomatic. You didn't like my opinion on something, and that's fine. You can still be civil about opposing it, instead of immediate attacks. I realize my post was both misunderstood and hit a soft spot for a number of people. That doesn't make ostracizing me appropriate, especially when I'm on your side. My preferences have nothing to do with you. My personal identity does not exist to validate or invalidate anyone. And I certainly did NOT mean to attack anyone's identity with my post. I just wanted to give a perspective that felt "different" to me, and see what people thought. Thoughts about the ideas in my posts-- not personal attacks.

You don't have to like me. You do not have to like how I identify, or how I choose to express/define it. My identity is my very own, and even if it rubs someone the wrong way, it really shouldn't. In a thread like this, you shouldn't spit hatred at someone every time they post. It's for the sake of the other people who post here and who lurk here. If you have a problem with me, you can PM me. Saying things like what I just quoted in the thread is starting drama of it's very own, and you know it. I am only stating this publicly here and now in the thread for the record. I don't want there to be any confusion about this or where I stand. I am not out to get anyone. I posted a view people didn't like, and it got ugly extremely quickly. People responded with hostility, immediately. That is hardly civil, no matter how much you dislike someone's views.

I wouldn't have come into this thread if I wasn't interested in the support it provides, even if solely by spending time with others like me. If something I say bothers someone, they can say so without trying to effectively e-slaughter me in the process. I am open to criticism and discussing it intelligently and conceding where I have done something wrong. Like in the more recent post it was because I used the word "superior", which was evidently a horrible choice of words, because it led to people thinking I am "better" than other people. No matter what clarity I had given, it just because an exchange of insults after that. Do you not see your own angry bias?

I will not discuss this issue further. I also won't tolerate you harassing me in the thread. Nobody should tolerate that kind of nonsense in here, really, even if you all agree that I am terrible. For the sake of your peers, it is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Put me on your ignorelist if I really enrage you so much just by being present here. As I said before, yes, I may pop in here occasionally. I have done nothing to earn banishment or being banned from this place. There is no reason that this has to escalate and a lot of that is in your hands. I am not eager to continue having these little spars with you (or anyone else here, really). I don't think I can make my standing anymore clear. Peace requires your participation, not just me leaving. You can either do that by blocking me or by controlling yourself before you decide to write something disparaging. You do not have to post it.

I would have more to say but this post is already insultingly long enough. I believe I have gotten my point across.

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hitch Slap
Corrupted Coco
Don't try to start crap with me? I wanted to answer her question. Why don't you just block me if you are so interested in "calling me out" constantly. Problem solved. I may pop in here once in a while. Big whoop. I was pissed off when I said that I was leaving. I am by no means a "regular" Gaian. I've just been on a little bit more lately because I've been ill. Don't consider me a "member" of this place. Don't worry, I'll leave forever soon and be very happy. But I felt called to answer her post. I knew my answer might be different than other posters, because I am suggesting that this place might not be enough for someone. Honestly it's up to her to decide if she feels she needs more or not. Her question almost felt rherorical. Her reply to my reply basically helped her answer her own question, and that was all she really needed. From this point on I think she can speak for herself, don't you think?

You just made this a toxic place for me to post. You might want to do something about that, like controlling yourself.

The solution to not liking someone isn't always talking trash to them until they leave because they can't open their mouths without getting spat at. You can also be diplomatic. You didn't like my opinion on something, and that's fine. You can still be civil about opposing it, instead of immediate attacks. I realize my post was both misunderstood and hit a soft spot for a number of people. That doesn't make ostracizing me appropriate, especially when I'm on your side. My preferences have nothing to do with you. My personal identity does not exist to validate or invalidate anyone. And I certainly did NOT mean to attack anyone's identity with my post. I just wanted to give a perspective that felt "different" to me, and see what people thought. Thoughts about the ideas in my posts-- not personal attacks.

You don't have to like me. You do not have to like how I identify, or how I choose to express/define it. My identity is my very own, and even if it rubs someone the wrong way, it really shouldn't. In a thread like this, you shouldn't spit hatred at someone every time they post. It's for the sake of the other people who post here and who lurk here. If you have a problem with me, you can PM me. Saying things like what I just quoted in the thread is starting drama of it's very own, and you know it. I am only stating this publicly here and now in the thread for the record. I don't want there to be any confusion about this or where I stand. I am not out to get anyone. I posted a view people didn't like, and it got ugly extremely quickly. People responded with hostility, immediately. That is hardly civil, no matter how much you dislike someone's views.

I wouldn't have come into this thread if I wasn't interested in the support it provides, even if solely by spending time with others like me. If something I say bothers someone, they can say so without trying to effectively e-slaughter me in the process. I am open to criticism and discussing it intelligently and conceding where I have done something wrong. Like in the more recent post it was because I used the word "superior", which was evidently a horrible choice of words, because it led to people thinking I am "better" than other people. No matter what clarity I had given, it just because an exchange of insults after that. Do you not see your own angry bias?

I will not discuss this issue further. I also won't tolerate you harassing me in the thread. Nobody should tolerate that kind of nonsense in here, really, even if you all agree that I am terrible. For the sake of your peers, it is absolutely the wrong thing to do. Put me on your ignorelist if I really enrage you so much just by being present here. As I said before, yes, I may pop in here occasionally. I have done nothing to earn banishment or being banned from this place. There is no reason that this has to escalate and a lot of that is in your hands. I am not eager to continue having these little spars with you (or anyone else here, really). I don't think I can make my standing anymore clear. Peace requires your participation, not just me leaving. You can either do that by blocking me or by controlling yourself before you decide to write something disparaging. You do not have to post it.

I would have more to say but this post is already insultingly long enough. I believe I have gotten my point across.
No offense to you two, but can we just drop this? Personally I think it's pointless. >.>
Corrupted Coco
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco

That sounds pretty ******** transphobic if you ask me. You can guarantee that transpeople are more full of drama than cispeople? Did you really just say that? emotion_facepalm If that's true, it must be because you're in them, causing drama over nothing.

Aged Firestarter

In other news, Spiders.
||||
oO
||||

Spiders everywhere!
With all their we88ed creati00000000ns,
W8ting p8tiently f00000000r trespassers.
S00000000 that they might s00000000n fill their 00000000wn gullets,
Lodged deeply in their thinly haired chitin th00000000raxes.
8s well as their hundreds 00000000f young,
Squirming about in their silken we8 c00000000vered eggs,
Anticipating every kill f00000000r sustenance.
So that they might 8urst int00000000 acti00000000n,
Dev00000000uring their 00000000wn mother if need be.

Careful where y00000000u tread,
There will be certainly 8e hundreds 00000000f pairs 00000000f eight 8eady eyes;
Watching y00000000ur every m00000000ve.
Again, Spiders.

||||
oO
||||

I leave y00000000u with a parting gift, sh00000000uld help y00000000u relax.

Lonely Saint

Track01_Rebuild
Corrupted Coco
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco

That sounds pretty ******** transphobic if you ask me. You can guarantee that transpeople are more full of drama than cispeople? Did you really just say that? emotion_facepalm If that's true, it must be because you're in them, causing drama over nothing.

It does seem to be worse in trans groups though. I've never been part of a community as prone to shitstorms as this particular one. I'm part of another one that comes quite close, but even there I don't have to watch every single word and its synonyms when I post, which is usually the case in transtopics and -forums.
Transpeople themselves, in my opinion, aren't more "full of drama". But the topic itself seems to be. Whenever transpeople start talking about trans issues together, things start getting blown out of proportion and all hell breaks loose. I'd guess it's the fact that the topic is sensitive and we all have, in our similarities, very different views and experiences on it, and because it can be very personal, people get insulted easily.

Lonely Shapeshifter

9,000 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Survivor 150
Navi Le Faye
In other news, Spiders.
||||
oO
||||

Spiders everywhere!

Again, Spiders.

||||
oO
||||

Oh god Navi, why, just why? That poor doggie. emotion_0A0
Navi Le Faye
In other news, Spiders.
||||
oO
||||

Spiders everywhere!

Again, Spiders.

||||
oO
||||

ಠ_ಠ
Track01_Rebuild
Corrupted Coco
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco

It's a statement of fact. Don't blame me.

Aged Firestarter

That Is All

Oh god Navi, why, just why? That poor doggie. emotion_0A0

Sanala

ಠ_ಠ

||||
oO
||||

I say to you, Lily, Why not?
The spiders just wanted to share their intricate and spectacular creations with the whole of the world. Even if it means one dog, farm, and field at a time.

Personally, I think that idea is wonderful and adora8le.

||||
oO
||||

Dapper Phantom

ginaookami
No offense to you two, but can we just drop this? Personally I think it's pointless. >.>
I agree. I said my piece, and there isn't much more to say besides name-calling and personal attacks really. The topic has literally been expended of any positive/progressive resource it may have had, and it merely a breeding grounds for drama and resentment.

Track01_Rebuild
Corrupted Coco
Umbral_Necropolitan
Corrupted Coco

It is my personal experience that trans groups in person are no more dramatic than any other group... but on the internet, sometimes it's where really ******** up people gather. Gender dysphoria makes or breaks people, and there are these dark corners on the internet where people brood in each other's hatred. However, that is NOT every trans group there is, even online.

I think the trans community is full of high-strung people, and it takes some very strong moderation and high respect among senior members to keep a trans group safe, or it will run wild and be full of nothing but dramafest. They all have to be maintained by silent groupthink, and if someone has a wildly different idea, they will generally be attacked viciously and called transphobic. What bugs me most about that is that trans people fall on a very WIDE spectrum. A "support" group needs to accept even those few who are radically different than the "trans norm" (honestly I find it funny that we of all people as a group think we have a set of "standards" that we need to follow-- we're supposed to be open-minded about the great variety in this community).

I also agree with Oblivion Blades' reply to this post.

It is my experience that there is a lot of resentment and passive-aggression in the trans community, and that there is also a lot of passion, whether it is quietly brooding our loud and outspoken. It is those outspoken people who will call out the quiet nasty sneers of people who are busy spitting hatred and people who aren't like them. Really the only way to keep a trans group safe is to kick out the ones who are just nothing but negative and judgmental every time they speak. That "stand-off"ish attitude will not sit well with people especially not new people who are just starting to come out.
hi ^^;;; uhhh....*ahem* >.< I came here....because I've been wanting to find a transgender friend or friends...sorry if i offend anyone by posting this...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff