Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Hey ladies...so I know that I have made myself scarce since my miscarriage, but it tears me up to come here. But I'm back again with more personal questions.
As you know - I miscarried July 19th of last month. But I have been bleeding ever since. I've also been getting terrible headaches, dizziness, and abdomen pain. So today I finally went to the E.R. and they told me that not everything has been pushed out and I will be needing a D&C . . .have any of you ever had one? What was your experience like? I am positively terrified of anesthesia and would rather not have this performed at all, though I will be doing it, because I know it's necessary.

I had one with my miscarriage. To be honest.. I think I passed out from pain/exhaustion before they even put me under.. I felt NO pain after ( besides cramping) and everything went straight back to normal.. ( I mean, after the healing period).
I just randomly woke up.. and it was all over. It was my first time with anesthesia as well.

I am sorry for you loss, I know how heart breaking it can be. =(

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I went to the county court house today and got the boys fresh new birth certificates! I need to go and register Travis into Deers now.. which I'm so not looking forward to.. I was hoping to hold it off as long as I could, But I need to so I can make him an appointment.. *sigh

He was up so late tonight. ;_; But he was happy and giggly.. so it was adorably tiring.

I'm so sleepy. Time for some rest.. heart

Stephanie: I most likely wont end up giving up breast feeding. I really worked hard to do it, and I don't think I could even make myself do it. I've just been overworking myself with everything. I talked to my husband, and told me he needs to support me. He totally does, and he made me feel a ton better. He will be home soon anyways.
As for my Yoga.. I don't plan on giving it up. I want my boys to be healthy, and I need to set a good example with working out and eating properly. Pregnancy tends to ruin my body.. so I want to work it all off by the time Travis is one. I'm not too stressed to be honest, just tired!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
x-Dancing_Water-x
Hello, ladies. I'm sorry if I derail your current conversation, but I'm 19 and just found out I'm pregnant. It was unplanned and, truth be told, unwanted. I'm going to be honest here and say I plan on having an abortion. I'm a college student. I still live with my family. I can't afford to raise a child, nor do I want to. I also can't afford or want to go through pregnancy to adopt a child out.

I came here seeking support. Maybe stories from people who have gone through similar situations, maybe some friendly advice, maybe just tips on dealing with morning sickness. I had it pretty bad that last couple of days, though I thought I had the flu. I'll answer any of your questions as best I can. What I really would not like is anyone criticizing me or my decision to have an abortion. Trust me, I'm going to get criticized plenty by my family and my boyfriend's family. I'd like to thank you all for the fact that this thread exists. It's nice to have someplace I can go to where I can talk to other people.
I am also 19 a college student full time and working so I can see where you are coming from. My pregnancy was unplanned and extremely accidental. But I am deciding to keep my baby. I am not judging I just want you to know I am also living with my parents but I am working on it and I am going to do my best. I believe in a womans right to choose for herself what she wants to do with her body. That is pretty much all I wanted to say.

Though here is what I have to say about the morning sickness. Unisom and B12 everynight with dinner. Gets rid of the throwing up.

Friendly Wench

SlightlyBurntCupcake
O_o-Dimensia_Juice-x_X
Hey ladies...so I know that I have made myself scarce since my miscarriage, but it tears me up to come here. But I'm back again with more personal questions.
As you know - I miscarried July 19th of last month. But I have been bleeding ever since. I've also been getting terrible headaches, dizziness, and abdomen pain. So today I finally went to the E.R. and they told me that not everything has been pushed out and I will be needing a D&C . . .have any of you ever had one? What was your experience like? I am positively terrified of anesthesia and would rather not have this performed at all, though I will be doing it, because I know it's necessary.

I had one with my miscarriage. To be honest.. I think I passed out from pain/exhaustion before they even put me under.. I felt NO pain after ( besides cramping) and everything went straight back to normal.. ( I mean, after the healing period).
I just randomly woke up.. and it was all over. It was my first time with anesthesia as well.

I am sorry for you loss, I know how heart breaking it can be. =(

How long were you miscarrying before you had it done? And that's great, I'm hoping my body will just snap back. I've been through so much, this would just be the f*cking cherry on top.
And thank you, it's been hard. And nobody I know can relate - and I've even got a few "Well it wasn't like it was planned anyways" and that really hurts. That's my baby you're talking about.
Lady Miyo
Blood_Flavored_Condoms
Ugh, I cant sleep.
And when I try and lay down, Im either up to pee every 2 seconds, or I feel like I have all the energy in the world.

Yet when Im up and moving, I feel exhausted. What the? -.-

If you haven't, get your iron levels checked - when my iron was ridiculously low, I could sit or lie down and never ever sleep, but I'd pass out feeling exhausted when standing up.

Uh, I have an appointment coming up on the 4th. Im guessing they will check my iron then.

Dont they always check your iron when you go to the doctor when youre pregnant? .-.
Im not sure how it all works. Ill see what the doctor says.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Soraanki
I think that for my baby shower...I'm going to have to send them out a month in advanced. like...all my family is out of town...and most things are planned out that far.

When does one normally have a baby shower? Mom wants to do it in early/mid janruary...but I'm due Feb. 4th so that seems a little late...

I already have so many things that were given to me...I'm really lucky to have gotten so much already (Where I'm going to put it all is another question) A lot of the stuff I still need is either really big stuff (Stroller/carseat/crib) and really small stuff. I don't have a hell of a lot in the 'middle' range now that I'm looking at it...-. -

Generally around 33-34 weeks I hear seems to be the norm for baby showers.
But its always up to the host and mom to be.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Blood_Flavored_Condoms
Lady Miyo
Blood_Flavored_Condoms
Ugh, I cant sleep.
And when I try and lay down, Im either up to pee every 2 seconds, or I feel like I have all the energy in the world.

If you haven't, get your iron levels checked - when my iron was ridiculously low, I could sit or lie down and never ever sleep, but I'd pass out feeling exhausted when standing up.

Uh, I have an appointment coming up on the 4th. Im guessing they will check my iron then.

Dont they always check your iron when you go to the doctor when youre pregnant? .-.

Not for me. I'm pretty sure I've had anemia for a while but they never checked for
me the further along I got. I was ALWAYS tired, always. As soon as my mom requested they
do blood work for my liver enzymes, they saw I was anemic and my blood count was low. It
explains my extra tiredness. I was getting to the point where I was sleeping all.the.time.
Pandella
Blood_Flavored_Condoms
Lady Miyo
Blood_Flavored_Condoms
Ugh, I cant sleep.

Not for me. I'm pretty sure I've had anemia for a while but they never checked for
me the further along I got. I was ALWAYS tired, always. As soon as my mom requested they
do blood work for my liver enzymes, they saw I was anemic and my blood count was low. It
explains my extra tiredness. I was getting to the point where I was sleeping all.the.time.

Oh x.x I thought it was like.. Routine they check for that stuff. I know that when I go to WIC, they have to p***k my finger every time. Which sucks. Those hurt like hell >_>

Im tired all the time, but I think some of that is my depression. I just never feel like I have a lot of energy. And my sleeping schedule is messed up. I sleep all day, from like.. 7am or so till probably 5am or later. I didnt get up tonight until 8:30pm. Im basically on a backwards schedule, and Im trying to fix it without relying on medication. Which is hard. -.-

I guess Ill have to talk to my doctor. x.x

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Is it normal at 19, almost 20 weeks, to be sitting down and have a hard time breathing? If I sit the way I always do, it feels like I can't really breathe all that well, I have to sit up >.< lol I slouch a lot.
But it's quite an uncomfortable feeling :/

And what's weird....my boyfriend AND baby daddy want to go to my next ultrasound. I'll probably get some weird looks xD

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Sae Insanity
Is it normal at 19, almost 20 weeks, to be sitting down and have a hard time breathing? If I sit the way I always do, it feels like I can't really breathe all that well, I have to sit up >.< lol I slouch a lot.

And what's weird....my boyfriend AND baby daddy want to go to my next ultrasound. I'll probably get some weird looks xD

I don't know about the pressure. But I know having a hard time breathing can be
normal..everything is getting squished up there. It just depends on how severe it is? o-o

Oh wow! That'll be interesting.

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
Pandella
Sae Insanity

I don't know about the pressure. But I know having a hard time breathing can be
normal..everything is getting squished up there. It just depends on how severe it is? o-o

Oh wow! That'll be interesting.

I suppose I"ll ask my doctor after my ultrasound, I'm sure it;s normal though. Hope so haha.

Well, it probably looks bad... I don't know how people view that, but both are willing to be involved...it's just going to be kind of strange, I just hope it's not hard on the baby when it's older. My baby daddy and I aren't in love anymore, and I've been crazy about this other guy for months...and he's super excited about the baby even though it's his friends! It's a very odd situation.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sae Insanity

Well, it probably looks bad... I don't know how people view that, but both are willing to be involved...it's just going to be kind of strange, I just hope it's not hard on the baby when it's older. My baby daddy and I aren't in love anymore, and I've been crazy about this other guy for months...and he's super excited about the baby even though it's his friends! It's a very odd situation.

My own two cents on the matter:

I think it's a lot healthier to raise a child in an environment where people are happy for the most part. I've seen too many couples stay together even though they didn't care much for their partner for a child's sake. This can cause bitterness in most cases and I think that has more of a negative affect myself.

Several children are being raised with different family types. As long as it's healthy and there's love, it's hard to go wrong, imo, of course.
SlightlyBurntCupcake
I went to the county court house today and got the boys fresh new birth certificates! I need to go and register Travis into Deers now.. which I'm so not looking forward to.. I was hoping to hold it off as long as I could, But I need to so I can make him an appointment.. *sigh

He was up so late tonight. ;_; But he was happy and giggly.. so it was adorably tiring.

I'm so sleepy. Time for some rest.. heart

Stephanie: I most likely wont end up giving up breast feeding. I really worked hard to do it, and I don't think I could even make myself do it. I've just been overworking myself with everything. I talked to my husband, and told me he needs to support me. He totally does, and he made me feel a ton better. He will be home soon anyways.
As for my Yoga.. I don't plan on giving it up. I want my boys to be healthy, and I need to set a good example with working out and eating properly. Pregnancy tends to ruin my body.. so I want to work it all off by the time Travis is one. I'm not too stressed to be honest, just tired!

About breastfeeding: That's how I felt too. I had a really tough first couple months with it (and I know a lot of people who had already given up by that point in their experience) - I am pretty sure I dealt with PPD more than I thought at the time, I wasn't sleeping, I was still in a lot of pain from my c-section, and breastfeeding just seemed like the icing on the really shitty cake. But I was very determined and I continued to do it - I knew it would be best for all of us. And I ended up doing it for ten months - I know that's not nearly as long as some other moms here or moms who have been here, but it felt like the right time for us to stop, and it was certainly better than just a couple of weeks!
Sae Insanity

There might just be some pressure on your lungs or something. When's said ultrasound? Or your next check up with the doctor? Ask about it then.

Also...I don't think you and I have ever spoken before...boyfriend AND baby daddy? How'd that happen?? And how do they feel about it?!
Digital Fiend
Sae Insanity

My own two cents on the matter:

I think it's a lot healthier to raise a child in an environment where people are happy for the most part. I've seen too many couples stay together even though they didn't care much for their partner for a child's sake. This can cause bitterness in most cases and I think that has more of a negative affect myself.

Several children are being raised with different family types. As long as it's healthy and there's love, it's hard to go wrong, imo, of course.

I agree completely. Happiness is so much better for everyone than pretending you're happy in the "right" relationship. Aden's dad believed in staying together for the kids (that's how he was raised - his parents are still together and frankly, they hate each other) - I believe in divorce. My parents split up when I was 6 or 7, and having seen them both very happy with other people, I knew I would never stay in a relationship that kept me unhappy. And that's what I was with Aden's dad - very unhappy. Granted it took me a good two years to get my own happiness on track, but in the past year with Tyler, I've seen such a change in Aden, and I know it's because both his parents are happy now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff