Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

3,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Pandella
The Mistress K
Pandella
I got a call from the doctors today. My anemia is back so now I have to take
iron pills again. They're the exact same iron pills I took before being pregnant lol My anemia
disapeared after getting pregnant and now its back, boo! And, I also failed the gestational
diabetes glucos test by two points :C now I have to go back monday for a three hour test. Any
of you failed the test by a few points and wound up NOT having gestational diabetes
? I'm
kind of worried...

I had my first GD test done at my last app to be told by the Nurse Practitioner that I failed it. I did the same thing as you and didnt eat anything like 4 hours before my test, the drink made me feel very yucky like drinking 2-3 cups a coffee all at once. I was shakey for like 2-3 hours after the test. I also failed my anemia test she said but 3 points and am now on an iron and viatmin C suplement to bring it up to a good level cause she's like even if you ate raw spinach and grilled steak all day everyday, I still wouldnt be able to fix my iron level on my own.
So tomorrow I go in for the big GD test and have to start fasting at 8pm which SUCKS! I LOVE to eat and being banned is not fun!

They told me not to eat/drink anything past midnight the day before but I think I'll
start fasting earlier to make double-y sure I'm cleanse through. I'm just really worked up about
this and I hope I pass.

I hope I pass too, as I like my sugar way too much to give it up =^.^=
I was told not to eat or drink anything for 10-16 hours before my test, except I can have as much water as I want. Then bring in a snack to have for when the testing is done I dont pass out from lack of food. Im glad my mate is driving me around tomorrow and he promised we'd go to this all you can eat make your own combination mongolian BBQ noodle place! MMMM!

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Huh. No one ever told me not to eat before the glucose test. Go figure.

Adorable Fatcat

Mightelove-boring trolls stupid since the Dirt Age.

It's a small talent of mine, but it comes in handy.

How are you gals doing tonight?
Sae: It's the anatomy scan. There is A LOT of things the tech has to measure, check, etc. They probably add a bit of extra time just in case the baby isn't cooperating (my scan for my daughter took forever cause she couldn't stop moving! still can't actually... lol). Better they have extra time instead of running over and causing the next person to have to wait a long time.

Naterbee: It's up to you if you feel like you need to. I just used lanowhatever ones, I got them from my baby shower... but I would suggest reusable ones. You can find them on Etsy. You use'em, then wash'em, and reuse'em! Save some money. I will be doing that next time. smile

Super cute signature!

Your breasts will regulate the breast milk after a while so you probably won't leak too much after a few weeks. I know at the beginning I literally shot across the room at times. But after a few weeks things regulated and I didn't even have to wear pads.

SBC: There's no other ones around? You can ask around, there surly is a good one some where that you can drop him off for and hour or two.

Petit: I don't think I needed a full bladder... I think it just depends on the doctor... just like so many things.

A Rival Appears: I had ginger ale. Didn't really work though... nothing really did. I was just nauseous all day every day for a few weeks >_<

FarmFreshEggs: I hope things get better soon.

Pandella: I've heard of a lot of women failing the one hour but being fine for the three hour. Good luck!

BOX OF RAPE: I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. You should find someone to talk to... I don't think telling your boyfriend would really help anything, I'm sure he already knows... unless you don't think he does.

Diet: If you don't want that OB you can definitely call, cancel it, and make one at an OB you want.

Digital: Ever OB is different. I didn't have to fast either.

Phew, now that I"m done back reading... lol I feel so pregnant... I was even spotting earlier. My period is due in 5 days... x-x That's all. LOL

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
@stephanie; boy, I sure hope I'm one of those ladies! I'm almost worrying myself sick here.
I have bad anxiety over these things.
I'm sure you are, especially since your numbers were so close to "passing". It's just a precaution on the doctors part.

And even if you do have gd, it's not the end of the world. If you have it I super doubt it's bad or you'd fail horribly. You'd just have to keep an eye on what you eat a bit and you'd be fine. ^_^

Heroic Mage

I think I'll just give this OB a chance, and see if I like her. If I don't...there's like 4-5 others in the same building.

I do like how they link to info for childbirth and breastfeeding classes on their website.
Diet: That's promising. smile Just remember, they aren't in charge, you are. If you don't like them, you can fire them at ANY time. Don't feel trapped. ^_^

5,125 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Digital Fiend
Same here. I didn't find out I was taking the test until I went in but all they told me was to not eat anything or drink anything other than water for an hour.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
amma_xoxo
Digital Fiend
Same here. I didn't find out I was taking the test until I went in but all they told me was to not eat anything or drink anything other than water for an hour.

I never got told once not to eat before hand. And this was done more than once to me. But, it came back good, so, I guess I'm especially okay??? I know I ate crackers after drinking one because if not I was going to puke it up right away.

5,125 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Digital Fiend
amma_xoxo
Digital Fiend

I never got told once not to eat before hand. And this was done more than once to me. But, it came back good, so, I guess I'm especially okay??? I know I ate crackers after drinking one because if not I was going to puke it up right away.
It is so nasty. confused They would have contacted you if it was bad.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I really want some dirt pudding. scream

Heroic Mage

Digital Fiend

Dirt pudding...?

I could go for some cherries. Someone mentioned them in a different thread, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Diet Poison
Digital Fiend

Dirt pudding...?

I could go for some cherries. Someone mentioned them in a different thread, and I haven't been able to stop thinking about them.

There are no cherries around here anymore. I ate like, two bags of them. Not at once, but in total all by myself. Yum.

Dirt Pudding: Crushed Oreos, vanilla pudding, sugar, butter, whipped cream, and gummy worms if you desire.

It's really addictive.

Heroic Mage

Digital Fiend
There are no cherries around here anymore. I ate like, two bags of them. Not at once, but in total all by myself. Yum.

Dirt Pudding: Crushed Oreos, vanilla pudding, sugar, butter, whipped cream, and gummy worms if you desire.

It's really addictive.

Ohh, that does sound good. Pretty sure I could get Yoshi behind this, too.

I have...oranges, and I think peaches. They're not cherries, though. emotion_donotwant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff