Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wow, its been a while since i posted in this thread o.o; but came to check it out :3. Glad to see so many people! I would still love to embark on this type of relationship haha so Interracial Dating FTW x]. Anyway Take care~ ^^

Mega Lunatic

11,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
I'm mixed and I love mixed individuals, where I live everyone is mostly mixed. I am Filipino, Japanese, Hawaiian, and Chinese (mom Filipino and dad: Japanese, Hawaiian, Chinese), well my mother always encouraged me to date someone from a different race than my own race. She says it lessens the chances of dating someone you're related to ( XD lol it's kinda true since on my mom's side tendency to be related to a lot of my Filipino friends).
KillNeaChan
I'm mixed and I love mixed individuals, where I live everyone is mostly mixed. I am Filipino, Japanese, Hawaiian, and Chinese (mom Filipino and dad: Japanese, Hawaiian, Chinese), well my mother always encouraged me to date someone from a different race than my own race. She says it lessens the chances of dating someone you're related to ( XD lol it's kinda true since on my mom's side tendency to be related to a lot of my Filipino friends).

lol wow. I never thought of that. Well, I say your very lucky when it comes to the gene pool. Every ethnicity you've listed, for me, tends to have the best features. Filipinos have awesome smiles, Japanese people tend to have high cheekbones, Chinese people also have wonderful smiles, and Hawaiian's tend to have awesome skin and hair. Let's not forget all the rich cultures you have to be proud of. 3nodding

Gekko

Sophisticated Simplicity
Nowadays, people are caring less and less about it.
Amours
Sophisticated Simplicity
Nowadays, people are caring less and less about it.

wrong. people may be caring lees about it in a negative way, but it is stall seen and talked about, even if it is in a more positive light now. but when there is light, there is a shadow, and there are people out there who appose interracial relationship, and even support outlawing it.
found another one! and no, i don't jsut trole around looking for news clippings.

http://us.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/07/07/navarrette.mexican.americans/index.html?hpt=us_mid

3,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Befriended 100
I love that there's a thread for this, personally I think interracial relationships are awesome. I'm part black, part native american and part white. My girlfriend is Mexican and Caucasian and personally I think that the combination of the two is why she's so cute.

Bi-racial relationships can also bring a lot of interesting cultures together and create a really unique environment.

6,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'm in an interracial relationship. My fiance is filipino and I'm caucasian. The only person I've ever met that had a problem with this was my mom. I had to keep the relationship a secret for a long time because my mom threatened me to never get into a relationship with someone who wasn't white american. When I finally broke down and told her, all hell broke loose. She kept telling me to "find someone of my own kind" and I'm like "huh? He's a Homo sapien! He is my KIND!"

Once she got to know him, she accepted him and liked him for his personality. But she still has her moments where she tells me to break up with him and find someone of my own race. And when she talks to Tommy and I, she says rather mean things about how she finds Asians unattractive. She does it on purpose and it kinda hurts Tommy's feelings.

Other than that, everyone we know and everyone we meet are very supportive of us. Everyone thinks we are perfect for eachother on every level and that we make a cute couple.
i'm white, black and asian.
but i only look white, lol. rolleyes

Witty Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I'm 1/4 Korean, 1/4 Spanish, and 1/2 German ( I look Hispanic in my opinon XD). I'm currently in a serious relationship with my Asian boyfriend. I use to get teased a lot when I was younger but as time passed by the teasing began to stop. Although, I do get a few curious folks here and there. For example, whenever I speak Spanish to a native spanish speaking person, they always look puzzled and ask " O_O YOU KNOW SPANISH?! HOLY MOLY! How did you learn Spanish!!" XD Or I'll get my friends who are like "Wait wait wait, your dad is white? I thought you were Hispanic o-o;;"

4,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
lols, i'm 1/2 chinese 1/2 aussie.

mum's side (asian) always wanted to have the white culture.. so there's no identity crisis there.. but ironically both my sister and i wish we were asian/ want the culture.

gotta say i think it's true that being half means that you aren't fully accepted by either race. i discussed this with my friend(japanese) and she says many half casts there feel isolated.
Mixed kids always are the prettiest. biggrin They get the best of both parents. Lol. I'm a full blooded Taiwanese (born in the US) I've never reallly like any asian guys so I"ve never dated an asian. I'm currently with a full blooded Pakistani. Of course said relationship is kept hush hush to our families. Him more so than me. Oh and while people in the US do care less and less. Thats only Americans who have been here for a while I think. There are still people out there who critisize and judge. I know I've gotten plenty of ugly looks from other asians when they see me holding hands with a white boy. PLENTY. In fact it used to be so bad that I would tell my boyfriend that that was the most we could do in public because I just couldn't stand all the stares. >_<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff