Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
Booty Tickle
Not many white guys like dating black girls, in my experience. I just don't understand I always get the " you're cool and all but I don't like black girls"
It's different in my town. I know tons of white guys that only love dating black women. My friend Tom became so obsessed with this girl in highschool, that he threatened to jump off a bridge unless she went out with him, because she always turned him down because she only liked black guys. I have two friends getting married soon, He's white and she's black. whee My town has allot of interracial relationships, Iv'e seen black and white, black and hispanic, black and asian, white and hispanic, hispanic and asian, and asian and white. 3nodding I love it here.
Im African American and Asian, and I absolutely adore interracial relationships. It shows a humble side of humans. Not to mention, open minded women are extreamly attractive. The only race that I stick to is the human race, ya know?

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
I'm Black & Guatemalan & I'll date pretty much any race as long as I'm attracted.

My on and off boyfriend is Black and Irish and a guy who I'm in a weird platonic relationship with is Irish and Israeli.

I love interracial loving!

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Sermanther
I have three mulatto cousins, a friend who's Caucasian-Asian (lol), a mulatto friend, etc. None of them ever dealt with being hated on for being biracial. I think hate on interracial relationships doesn't exist where I live.
User Image

That term is not a nice one *mulatto*

Dapper Gawker

adymackenzie
Sermanther
I have three mulatto cousins, a friend who's Caucasian-Asian (lol), a mulatto friend, etc. None of them ever dealt with being hated on for being biracial. I think hate on interracial relationships doesn't exist where I live.
User Image

Idk. My cousin calls himself mulatto, which is why I say it.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
A lot of people don't consider me biracial except for other Hispanics. My mother is Mexican and my father is Puerto Rican. Both have VERY different culters and have differences in appearance but most people would say I'm not Biracial because both Puerto Ricans and Mexicans are Hispanic and thus the same. Which is not true...

It's also funny because I am very white looking and full Hispanic while my sister who is also full Hispanic looks more Mexican. Most people would not even believe us to be related if we were hanging out.

Most of my relationships are biracial. I tend to date white guys and rarely will date an other Hispanic. Although, right now I am in a relationship with a guy who is Puerto Rican Italian (but was born in the U.S. and lived for a good part of his life in Puerto Rico) and I who am Puerto Rican Mexican who was born in Puerto Rico but raised most of my life in the U.S.

It's pretty entertaining. Both of us have been raised in VERY different cultures. I look more American than Hispanic, for some reason. And my boyfriend, if you were to look at him looks mulatto.

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Sermanther
adymackenzie
Sermanther
User Image

Yeah...Well it's a term that derived out of slavery.

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
adymackenzie
Sermanther
adymackenzie
Sermanther
User Image

My boyfriend considers himself mulatto and he's not black (although he does have African ancestry due to the Puerto Rican side... Come to think of it, I do as well but you wouldn't ever have guessed it). He's Puerto Rican Italian. It's just that his skin is too dark to be white but too light to be black. He's literally in the middle. Where I am from, "mulato", or mulatto in English, tends to mean somebody who is very tanned with dark hair and dark eyes. It doesn't necessarily have to deal with racial heritage, just physical appearance.

It's weird, you look at him and you would think he is multi-racial because he looks European, Hispanic, and African. But when you look at the ethnic gene pool of Puerto Rico, the main groups are Indian (Tajino), Spaniard, and African. I happen to have all three from my father, and my boyfriend has two of them and Italian instead of Spaniard.

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Anasui
adymackenzie
Sermanther
adymackenzie
Sermanther
User Image

My boyfriend considers himself mulatto and he's not black (although he does have African ancestry due to the Puerto Rican side... Come to think of it, I do as well but you wouldn't ever have guessed it). He's Puerto Rican Italian. It's just that his skin is too dark to be white but too light to be black. He's literally in the middle. Where I am from, "mulato", or mulatto in English, tends to mean somebody who is very tanned with dark hair and dark eyes. It doesn't necessarily have to deal with racial heritage, just physical appearance.

It's weird, you look at him and you would think he is multi-racial because he looks European, Hispanic, and African. But when you look at the ethnic gene pool of Puerto Rico, the main groups are Indian (Tajino), Spaniard, and African. I happen to have all three from my father, and my boyfriend has two of them and Italian instead of Spaniard.

I didn't say that you had to be black and white in order to be a "mulatto." The word is used to describe people of mixed ancestry, yes, but it was also a term that they gave to children that were produced from slave and master relations (that's why I mentioned slavery..and I definitely should not have used the word "derived," sorry!); to call someone a mulatto in that time was the equivalent of the N word.

If it's not a big deal to you guys, that's okay--honestly, I don't hear that word being thrown around from people who aren't mixed anymore, lol. BUT if I ever had a child and someone called it a mulatto, I'd have a bone to pick. I guess it depends on how you view the history of the word.

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
123ImwithstupidABC
Booty Tickle
Not many white guys like dating black girls, in my experience. I just don't understand I always get the " you're cool and all but I don't like black girls"
It's different in my town. I know tons of white guys that only love dating black women. My friend Tom became so obsessed with this girl in highschool, that he threatened to jump off a bridge unless she went out with him, because she always turned him down because she only liked black guys. I have two friends getting married soon, He's white and she's black. whee My town has allot of interracial relationships, Iv'e seen black and white, black and hispanic, black and asian, white and hispanic, hispanic and asian, and asian and white. 3nodding I love it here.

Lol, where are you from? In New York City, I see nothing but the White chocolate Hunnies with the Sistas Lol. Mixed babies are EVERYWHERE!

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
adymackenzie
Anasui
adymackenzie
Sermanther
adymackenzie
Sermanther
User Image

I didn't say that you had to be black and white in order to be a "mulatto." The word is used to describe people of mixed ancestry, yes, but it was also a term that they gave to children that were produced from slave and master relations (that's why I mentioned slavery..and I definitely should not have used the word "derived," sorry!); to call someone a mulatto in that time was the equivalent of the N word.

If it's not a big deal to you guys, that's okay--honestly, I don't hear that word being thrown around from people who aren't mixed anymore, lol. BUT if I ever had a child and someone called it a mulatto, I'd have a bone to pick. I guess it depends on how you view the history of the word.
Understood. Here in Puerto Rico, we tend to call loved ones "negrito/a" which means "black" in English. Depending on where you are, a word can completely change its meaning.

I do remember somewhere in a history book that talks about the cultural aspect of what we view as ethnicity. If you want, I can post it here. It's really interesting how in one country a person can be one "ethnicity" to a completely different one by just hopping on a plane...

Tipsy Sweetheart

6,950 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Wall Street 200
Anasui
adymackenzie
Anasui
adymackenzie
Sermanther

Understood. Here in Puerto Rico, we tend to call loved ones "negrito/a" which means "black" in English. Depending on where you are, a word can completely change its meaning.

I do remember somewhere in a history book that talks about the cultural aspect of what we view as ethnicity. If you want, I can post it here. It's really interesting how in one country a person can be one "ethnicity" to a completely different one by just hopping on a plane...

I'm definitely interested.

y, tu sabes espanol?
Soy guatemalteca!

Romantic Lover

12,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
adymackenzie
Anasui
adymackenzie
Anasui
adymackenzie
Sermanther

I'm definitely interested.

y, tu sabes espanol?
Soy guatemalteca!
Espaol es mi segundo idioma. Y aqui esta el articulo:

Common Sense and Sociology: What is Race?

...According to common sense, our racial classifications represent biological differences between people. Sociologists, in contrast, stress that what we call races are social classifications, not biological categories.

Sociologists point out that our "race" depends more on the society in which we live than on our biological characteristics. For example, the racial categories common in the United States are merely one of numerous ways that people around the world classify physical appearances. Although groups around the world use different categories, each group assumes that its categories are natural, merely a response to visible biology

To better understand this essential sociological point- that race is more social than it is biological- consider this: in the United States, children born to the same parents are all of the same race. "What could be more natural?" Americans assume. But in Brazil, children born to the same parents may be of different races- if their appearances differ. "What could be more natural?" assume Brazilians.

Consider how Americans usually classify a child born to a "black" mother and a "white" father. Why do they usually say that the child is "black"? Wouldn't it be equally as logical to classify the child as "white"? Similarly, if a child's grandmother is "black", but all her other ancestors are "white", the child is often considered "black". Yet she has much more "white blood" than "black blood". Why then, is she considered "black"? Certainly not because of biology. Rather, such thinking is a legacy of slavery. Whites- in an attempt to preserve the "purity" of their "race" in the face of numerous children whose fathers were white slave masters and mothers were black slaves- classified anyone with even a "drop of black blood" as "not white".

This sounds ridiculous, but even a plane trip can change a person's race. In the city of Salvador in Brazil, people classify one another by color of skin, and eyes, breadth of nose and lips, and color and curliness of hair. They use at least seven terms for what we call white and black. Consider again a U.S. child who has "white" and "black" parents. If she flies to Brazil, she is no longer "black"; she now belongs to one of their several "whiter" categories.

On the flight just mentioned, did the girl's "race" actually change? Our common sense revolts at this, I kow, but it actually did. We want to argue that because her biological characteristics remain unchanged, her race remains unchanged.. This is because we think of race as biological, when it really is a label we use to describe perceived biological characteristics. Simply put, the race we "are" depends on where we are- on who is doing the classifying.
And our classifications are fluid, not fixed. You can see change occurring even now in those used in the United States. The category "multiracial", for example, indicates changing thought.

4,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
adymackenzie
123ImwithstupidABC
Booty Tickle

Lol, where are you from? In New York City, I see nothing but the White chocolate Hunnies with the Sistas Lol. Mixed babies are EVERYWHERE!
Abilene Texas. A whole lot of Hispanic, Black, Asian, and White here. 3nodding

Dapper Genius

6,350 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Junior Trader 100
123ImwithstupidABC
adymackenzie
123ImwithstupidABC
Booty Tickle

Abilene Texas. A whole lot of Hispanic, Black, Asian, and White here. 3nodding

Its nice to see places fairing better than where I live. I live in North Carolina, the southern 'Bible Belt'. Even so though, I don't see alot of mixed relationships so much, but I've met tons and tons of people who are supportive of my situation. I'm pure white, dating a Black-Mexican mixed male, and I'm just getting tons of problems from family, which I guess is basically where most of the drama first starts. I was kicked out and ignored for 8 months by my family, only know am I getting back into contact with my single father. Everyone kindof just ignores it though. Out of sight out of mind.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff